• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Homers Club [The Simpsons Club]

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
"We're allowed to have one!"
simpsonsanime2.jpg

Wikipedia said:
The Simpsons is an American animated sitcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical parody of a middle class American lifestyle epitomized by its family of the same name, which consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield and parodies American culture, society, television and many aspects of the human condition.

SIGN-UP FORM

Username:
Reason you wish to join this club:

RULES

• Follow all PokeCommunity Rules.
  • Respect everyone's opinions in the club.
  • Please keep on topic at all times.
  • Have fun!
MEMBERS LIST

Spoiler:

DISCUSSION TOPICS

Favourite member of the Simpson family and why?
Favourite episode of the show and why?

So, thanks for reading, and hopefully joining! :D

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Username: TRIFORCE89
Reason for Joining: I like the Simpsons?

Homer Jay Simpson. Specifically the Homer of the seasons before season ten. Once Mike Scully became showrunner, not only did the show itself become more zanny but Homer's character changed from that of a lovable oaf who cared for his family... a kind of typical sitcom dad, into just a plain fat idiot. Sure, he was always lazy, but in the later seasons he became a caricature. He lost the devotion he had to his family that I admired. And he became mean-spirited too. The pinnacle of this was the dreadful Simpsons movie, which epitomized everything I hated about the show post-season nine.

Favourite episode of the show and why?
I think Marge vs the Monorail. This episode has it all... starts with a great Flintstone throwback, has one of the more memorable musical numbers in the series, a Phil Hartman character. A very quotable episode too.

My first encounter with the show were some of the Treehouse of Horror episodes as a kid. That was a jumping off point and then I started watching the show regularly. I still would until a few years ago when the local channels started airing reruns of newer episodes instead of the old ones.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I was going to call this The Mr Cat Dog and TRIFORCE89 and Harlequin Club but considering that Chris hasn't even joined yet, that already feels shortsighted on my part. In any event, welcome! Now, to answer my own questions:

Favourite Simpson family member? As cliche as it is, I'd have to say Homer. While the show was originally organised around Bart being the main character, it improved considerably when it refocused on Homer. His attitude towards food, family, work and everything else was such a breath of fresh air when it premiered; he's coined numerous words that now have dictionary status; he's probably the most quotable fictional character in history (that might be hyperbole, but I'd like to hear anyone suggest another). All in all, he's one of the best characters not just in The Simpsons, but in pop culture in general.

Favourite episode? 'King-Size Homer' by a surprising margin. I love this episode so much that I can literally quote the entire episode word-for-word. Everything from the opening exercise drill at the power plant to Homer's massive attempt to gain 61 pounds to Homer attempting to start the computer for the first time to THE RETURN OF THE DRINKING BIRD to the 'mere Three Mile Island' episode closer. It's just so, so good.

Now Chris had better hurry up and join!

blue

gucci
Years
I'll always love The Simpsons no matter how old I am.

Username: Suicune™
Reason you wish to join this club: I'm a huge fan, got all the Seasons etc and I've been watching for many years.

Favourite Simpson family member?

I'd say Marge, even though I love the bunch Marge is simple yet she has quirks that make her lovable, her laugh is priceless, her voice and how she groans, her singing and it's just the little things really.

Favourite episode?

Tough question, it took time to get this one but I'd have to say Sweets and Sour Marge, it really shows off the Town and citizens of Springfield and it has whimsy to the episode the way they're attempting to get into the Duff World Records which then leads onto Marge trying to ban sugar which later results in Sugar withdrawal and smuggling the sugar back into the city etc. I just remember this episode standing out to me as one of the good episodes.

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
I HAVE BEEN TAKING SOME TIME TO MYSELF BUT FEAR NOT I AM HERE NOW JON

Username: Harlequin
Reason you wish to join this club: Because...I've always wanted to own the Dallas Cowboys...

Favourite Simpson family member?
Homer. I mean, he's easily the most famous out of them and for good reason too. He's the too-dumb-to-live-yet-lovable father we've come to adore over the 20+ years the show has been around. By FAR my favorite Homer-based episode is the one where he decides to become so fat he doesn't have to go to work. The muumuu...oh my god...

Favourite episode?
You're going to have to get back to me on this, I really cannot choose a favourite one right now.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Welcome to the club, both of you! And yay, Chris likes 'King-Size Homer' too!

Should we just turn this mother into a massive quote-fest?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Scorpio!

He'll sting you with his dreams of power and wealth!

Beware of Scorpio!

His twisted twin obsessions are his plot to rule the world

And his employees' health!

He'll welcome you into his lair

Like the nobleman welcomes his guest!

With free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest!

But beware of his generous pensions

Plus three weeks paid vacation each year!

And on Fridays the lunchroom serves hot dogs and burgers and beer!

He loves German beer!

You Only Move Twice is my second favourite episode

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I dunno what's wrong with me, but that episode doesn't really hold a special place in my heart, for whatever reason. People I talk to on the internet about The Simpsons seem to love it, and yet I just... don't! It's still a good episode, and Albert Brooks is an always welcome guest star, but I just don't feel extra-special about it.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
But...but...Hank Scorpio...he is the nicest boss ever...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yeah... he is. I mean, his sugar might not come in packets, and his offices don't have walls, but I still don't love the episode absolutely.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
What are everyone's thoughts on the tragedy that is present-day Simpsons?

kuzronk

Banned
Years
Username:TylerSymes
Reason you wish to join this club: Because i have been watching it for years and have seen most of the episodes

Years
Username: Hikari10
Reason you wish to join this club: I've been watching the first 10 seasons of The Simpsons cos the 90's had the best episodes. I also love the funny scenes with Homer.

I really hate the new Simpsons, it really went downhill for me when the opening changed. And my advice, don't watch the 500th episode. It was so terrible. (Some of you may have seen my avatar/signature theme depicting a scene from that episode)

For me, the first 10 seasons will always be the best. The problem with the seasons that have the new opening was that the titles and guest stars got bad. That's when I stopped watching the show altogether, I did watch the 500th episode, but after seeing it, it was so bad it ruined my liking towards the newer seasons.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I got to join this. I love The Simpsons.
Username:AWsquared
Reason you wish to join this club: The Simpsons are a classic cartoon and I was extremely obsessed with it back in the day.I grew up watching reruns on ABC so it' my childhood. I've seen almost every episode.
Probably Homer. He's the dumb yet lovable oaf that everyone loves.

Favourite episode of the show and why?I honestly, don't know but the one that I like alot is Blame It on Lisa(aka the one where they go to Brazil.) It's the only one that comes to mind because it has so many great funny and memorable moments. I love the vacation episode because Homer always seems to screw things up. Or Thirty Minutes over Tokyo is another good one. Mainly cause it's makes homage the the Electric Soldier Porygon incident and it has tons of reference to Japanese culture. But these are just the two that come to mind, and I really don't have much of a favorite.

It's alright. It's not as good as it used to be.Seasons 1- 15 are the best ones in my opinion after that it started to fall a bit downhill. It's not bad, but it's not good and sure doesn't have that same feel as it used to. I sort of feel like they think they need to copy Family Guy in order to get a good amount of views everyweek. I grew up watching the old episodes on ABC and so those are the ones I love the most. I still watch the new ones every now and then, but it doesn't have the same feel to it so it's not very often.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Welcome to all the new members. Your names have been added to the top post. Hope you like it here!

I don't have any thoughts as I haven't watched enough of the 'new' episodes to comment. I can't imagine them to be that good, or the internet would explode with good news with regard to this fact. However, I can't imagine them being as bad as, say, Whitney or any other crappy live-action sitcom. From the snippets of episodes I have seen, it just feels like this new, latter-day Simpsons is like a shell of its former self. There are elements that remain from the good ol' days, but a lot of the biting wit seems to have gone, and has been replaced with pop culture references.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Who's your favourite guest star on the show?
Definitely Michael Jackson. The whole build up of the episode of was really good. I also love the song "Lisa It's Your Birthday" .
And also Mark McGwire. Sure he only made an appearance in the last few minutes of the episode, but I love the jokes they made about Major League Baseball. Also I'm a big Cardinals fans being from St. Louis and he was a big star at the time of the episode's premiere. He was someone I admired as a little kid so it made me feel good seeing him in a Simpsons episode.

Back