• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon X and Y from an Anime Perspective

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
So now that we have a new generation and we know why the BW saga has been flowing fast as it has what do you think will occur.

- Will Ash take some of his pokemon over, as it seems a lot of older pokemon are represented. Or at least shift them throughout XY Saga?

- Will either Iris or Cilan follow Ash to the new region? Or will he have completely new companions?

- Out of the starters, which do you personally prefer Ash to have or do you wish for him to have more then one?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
My thoughts:

-> Ash will become an ultra noob once more. His battle skills will plummet and Pikachu will return to a level 1 Pokemon.

->I can see him having Froakie accompany him on his XY journey. Chespin is a possibility too. While Fennekin, not so much.

->Ash will either get completely new companions or Brock will return.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I think Cilan and Iris will stay in Unova (if the new region is far)

And I prefer when Ash have in his possesion all of the region's starter, I don't know why, but it makes it more fun. I do hope they get to evolve this time >.>

I hope that some of his older Pokemon come back tho, I miss them little buggers :(

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I can see Gible coming back and that's about all.
Satoshi will once again travel alone with Pikachu who will be utmost rarity in the new region, Iris becomes Isshu's Champion, Dent returns to being gym leader and Satoshi's pokémon will stay with Oak.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Didn't they say Cilan and Iris will be with Ash through 2 regions, or journeys?

Anyway no more Ash. Not gonna happen though.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
- It will depend if any of the Pokemon Ash caught will be given new evolutions in XY, like how they let him kept Aipom for the beginning of his Sinnoh journey, because Ambipom was created.

- There are two possibilities if Cilan and/or Iris do not return: 1) Dawn will return and will wear an outfit similar to the Gen VI female's, or 2) They'll use the Gen VI female with the personality of Rarity from MLP.

- Probably Chespin, since Ash's battle style is all about speed and brute force, and Chespin's based off of a hedgehog, which was popularized by a certain video game icon.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Me:

-> Pikachu will lose to a Fennekin, which is held by a Rival who disagrees with ash in every way.
-> Team Rocket will possibly not make a return.
-> Cilan is probably the mega replacement for brock. If I had a penny for everytime Cilan stated the obvious
-> Probably a new Female companion, I don't see why Iris or Dawn need this new region.

Guy

just a guy
Years
- Will Ash take some of his pokemon over, as it seems a lot of older pokemon are represented. Or at least shift them throughout XY Saga?
It's a possibility, but if he does, then it will likely be a Pokémon that has a new evolution in X and Y a la Aipom coming to Sinnoh and later evolving into Ambipom. However, if this happens, I pray he doesn't trade it away. Poor Ambipom got traded and then later left the gang to play ping-pong. What?

- Will either Iris or Cilan follow Ash to the new region? Or will he have completely new companions?
Cilan has a better chance of sticking around for the next region more so than Iris does. Since this new region is based off of Paris, I think Cilan could fit in perfectly. Although, I'm hoping we get completely new companions. This time, however, it should be a boy trainer starting his journey for the first time and accompanying Ash instead of a girl. Then a Brock/Cilan replacement can come in in the form of a female character. Or, or, or wouldn't it be something if Misty returned and she had a Froakie with her and decided to rejoin Ash again? Eh, eh?

Haha, just kidding. That's probably never going to happen.

- Out of the starters, which do you personally prefer Ash to have or do you wish for him to have more then one?
Let's not give Ash a Froakie, yeah? Poor thing might be forever cursed from evolving unless his evolutions become a massive hit with the fanbase. I can definitely see Ash getting a Chespin. Fennekin doesn't seem to fit with Ash though.

I hope we get another rehash of the Hoenn saga where each starter is given to one of the main trio members. Perhaps the new male can have a Fennekin as his starter and go off to liking Pokémon Contests.

What, a guy can dream, can't he?

No, but seriously, when Ash is given just one starter (or two for the most), it allows his team to be more diverse with some of the other new Pokémon like how it was done in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
1. Ash is going to start fresh with pikachu losing all his power again only person I could see travel with him is gible even though I see gible returning for the plama arc just so they could evolve him
2. Cilan will stay for the nxt gen just for the fact he has the misty situation that he doesn't really need to return to the gym because his brothers are running it. Iris will be replaced with a new female protagonist for sure
3.as for the starters I think it all depends on popularity of the starters evols but I do see them do it like hoen where the companions all had one starter because if ash gets froakie or fennikan they will never evolve

Years
Ash will probably start fresh with Pikachu again, but I would see Ash bringing an older Pokemon along if it gets a new evolution in the games, but I don't want it to have the same fate as Ambipom in Sinnoh.

More likely Cilan than Iris, given that Cilan's brothers are running the Striaton Gym. Iris would probably become Unova Champion and get replaced by a new girl, as has always happened with past sagas.

Probably Chespin, since he always catches Grass-type starters and I think it suits him. Froakie could also probably be a good candidate to become his first Water-type starter to evolve if his evolutions are popular with the fanbase. Fennekin would be better suited for the new girl though. Splitting the starters between the 3 trainers like in Hoenn would also be a possibility.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think Ash will get Chespin considering how he's gotten all the Grass starters of every region thus far.

I'm hoping Ash get's new companions again, not that I don't Iris and Cilian, actually I like them better than Ash. I just think it'll be better if we got new characters they could flesh out a bit.

I can see Ash taking maybe one or two other pokemon if they're in the XY regional dex.

Though what I'm wondering right now is what is the new season going to be called...We had Advance after the system of the Hoenn games and Kanto remakes, DP from the IV games, and Best Wishes' initials are BW. I can't think of it being called 3D...unless 3D stands for something..., they could do XY while though but if they were to make a song with the titles it'll be kind of funny to hear them shout X and Y. And there's not many words that start with X in the english language while in the Japanese language it technically doesn't exist...

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
i think that this will be like the others ash will start with pikachu only
will once again get all 8 badges make it to the leauge and fall short

i dont think cilan will follow but iris will and ash will eventually catch all starters and not train and evolve them like he should

FlameEntei

Old fan
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Feb 27, 2013
I had been hearing that Ash will not be coming back in the XY season. Apparently some fans got sick of Ash Ketchum and they want a new protagonist.

I suppose those Ash-haters are going to rejoice at this idea and await a new protagonist with an entirely different character from Ash.

Maybe he might return to the anime as an adult or something? As a Gym Leader or Elite Four.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
90% of the older Pokemon fan base seems to be sick of Ash. But I highly doubt that they will be making a new protagonist.

Out of the starters I feel Chespin would suit Ash best. Froakie might be another one but Fennekin doesn't suit him. That and I feel that if he got a Fennekin it won't evolve. But I do like the idea of him only getting one of the starters this time around. More diversity is always good to see.

Depending on how many past Pokemon and what Pokemon they are he might bring an older Pokemon along with him as he did Aipom. But only if he had that Pokemon before. Otherwise they might just give the evolution later on, such as Ash catching Gligar and evolving it to Gliscor, Dawn getting Swinub and evolving it to Ambipom and so forth.

What I would like to happen is the pacing actually be good. Not ridiculously slow like Sinnoh (though it did allow his Pokemon to develop), or mixed up like Unova (in which his Pokemon didn't get much development in terms of evolution). They just really need to find equal ground between pacing and development.

And ... while I don't completely agree that he went back down to square one I would like it so it doesn't seem like he does. He made some pretty stupid mistakes in Unova which makes it hard to believe he didn't reset but at the same time he didn't reset. It's just ... hard .

Digital Eevee

Team Digi-Eon
Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013

Iris most likely won't if past seasons are to go by, They always seem to get rid of the girls.
I'm hoping Cilan will not as I really don't like him as a character.
Either way both will probably return for atleast one episode.

LHT

I do pokemon sprites sometimes
Years
I suppose he will get Chespin, Cilan will come back in this new region, and I believe at least one old Pokémon will go with Ash to evolve, like Aipom in Sinnoh.
But I'm sick of him, really, I wonder what they'll do to keep the anime fresh.

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I wouldn't mind if Misty and Brock came back, however that is very unlikely, but then again...
Spoiler:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What I would like to happen is the pacing actually be good. Not ridiculously slow like Sinnoh (though it did allow his Pokemon to develop), or mixed up like Unova (in which his Pokemon didn't get much development in terms of evolution). They just really need to find equal ground between pacing and development.

From what I've noticed, even-gen sagas tend to have slow paces in the anime, where there's mostly filler, so expect X and Y to do the same thing.

Back