• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
I have this problem with some Ow's:
40.png

In NSE classic, the OW(Pokemon there) looks perfectly fine, and it looked some days ago ingame perfectly fine too.
Today though, or if I remember right, on the actual mapp there were only 2 other people OW's, and I added like 4 more, then it looked like this.

I doubt it is the fault of it though, I think the problem is that I gotta repoint it pobably into new free space.

But I just wanted to get sure before I waste some space there.

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
I have this problem with some Ow's:
40.png

In NSE classic, the OW(Pokemon there) looks perfectly fine, and it looked some days ago ingame perfectly fine too.
Today though, or if I remember right, on the actual mapp there were only 2 other people OW's, and I added like 4 more, then it looked like this.

I doubt it is the fault of it though, I think the problem is that I gotta repoint it pobably into new free space.

But I just wanted to get sure before I waste some space there.

That, orrr, I know that that there is a limited number of different OW palettes that can be shown on screen at once (this is why there were so few in the original game) so, if each one of your characters and OWs has its own palette, it could cause trouble.

By the way, that looks amazing (besides the bad palettes:p).

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Is it safe to hack Emerald with the newest Advance map version? would the sound corruption happen? or should I change the ini?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Well, I finally got the basement thingie I've been working on working...except for a few bugs. Here's what I did:
Gave the upstairs room (the one that can only place dolls and cushions) the Secret Base tilesets
Inserted floor, wall, and staircase tiles from the original room to the Secret Base tileset
Replaced Palette 7 with the same palette as the original room
Edited the Secret Base furniture tiles to replace the floors and walls

The end result is exactly what I wanted, a fully customizable room. However, it still has problems. When a decoration is about to be placed, it looks glitchy, but once it's placed, it looks fine. That's a bit of annoyance I'd like to fix but acceptable if it can't. The major problem is, when I leave the room and come back, the decorations are all gone. The game recognizes their existence since I can still put them away, but they're just...gone. Similar to when I attempted to place decorations in the non-compatible room.

karatekid552

Years
Is it safe to hack Emerald with the newest Advance map version? would the sound corruption happen? or should I change the ini?

Use A-map 1.92 and you should be fine. 1.95 is quite buggy on all versions of the advance gen due to it being a beta. If you can't stand drawing one tile at a time and you want the new tools from 1.95, make sure that that is all you do! Set up the map and do everything else but draw it in 1.92. Drawing in 1.95 is safe, not much else.

How can i erase the old dan?

Use the old DaN program which created it. I think you are in DNS but I am not sure. If DNS can't delete it, then switch back to DaN to delete it.

Well, I finally got the basement thingie I've been working on working...except for a few bugs. Here's what I did:
Gave the upstairs room (the one that can only place dolls and cushions) the Secret Base tilesets
Inserted floor, wall, and staircase tiles from the original room to the Secret Base tileset
Replaced Palette 7 with the same palette as the original room
Edited the Secret Base furniture tiles to replace the floors and walls

The end result is exactly what I wanted, a fully customizable room. However, it still has problems. When a decoration is about to be placed, it looks glitchy, but once it's placed, it looks fine. That's a bit of annoyance I'd like to fix but acceptable if it can't. The major problem is, when I leave the room and come back, the decorations are all gone. The game recognizes their existence since I can still put them away, but they're just...gone. Similar to when I attempted to place decorations in the non-compatible room.

Secret bases have 4 map scripts associated with them. All of these scripts use vars and cmds which have very little to no documentation whatsoever. I think these might be your problem. One of the commands is cmdA6. The only things known about it is that it allows certain tile functions to happen, such as the ash grass near Fallabor Town. Try using these map scripts on your map, they will probably help. however, the third one will need to be rewritten as it is the script for "Do you want to make your secret base here?" So, you will need to change it for your purposes.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x0
special 0x12
setvar 0x4089 0x1
end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Scripting commands lightenroom and darkenroom (used in Brawly's Gym) don't work in FR.

Any way I could add them in?

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Quick question about Gen II hacking. I'm a beginning hacker and making one of Pokemon Silver, but the one thing that really annoys me is that TR executives don't play the traditional TR battle theme. How would I go about changing that?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
I have another three questions.

1) How did Liquid Crystal got rid of the help system?

2) Is there a way to make an animated bootscreen?

3) I'm making a hack where you start in one map, five oddly colored tiles. Each one can transport you to one village. Like if you want to start in Fire village, step on the red tile blah.. blah.. blah.. etc. When you get transferred, you're warped on one of the five players room. So basically there will be five house, okay? Then, when you choose one, I want the other four to lock up, forever. How do I do that?
Here's a pic:
Spoiler:

@karatekid552
About the Lookup thing, how do I do that?

It just says 03 03

EDIT: Fixed it. Turns out I should have used 0x3005542. That's what it says in WesleyFG's Tut.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=260348

Last edited:

karatekid552

Years
I copied the four map scripts from a Secret Base to my map as suggested. (Thanks karatekid552) However, instead of getting a "Do you want to make your secret base here?" upon entering, it displayed glitchy text that looped endlessly. I deleted the third Secret Base script and successfully got rid of that. But my original problem of decorations disappearing and reappearing still occurred. If I need that third Secret Base map script to fix it, I can easily copy it back. I don't know why it gives me glitchy text instead of the normal prompt though I suspect it has something to do with not being able to modify certain map script offsets, only the second offset. When I opened that particular script in XSE, it looks like this:

#org 0x1A2EF8
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x0
special 0x12
setvar 0x4089 0x1
end

I don't know which variable sets up the prompt, so I don't know how I would edit it without screwing up it's purpose. That is, if these map scripts can fix my problem.

When I meant third, I meant third from 0, as in Map Script #2.... I think, lol, I don't have it open in front of me. Make sure you copy of all of the settings as best as you can and open every script. It will be plainly obvious which one has the text in it.

Also, if this still gives you problems, I just thought of something: the tile that you click on to create a Secret Base outside of the secret base itself. The little square in the wall. That might set some vars and such as well. Look up a behavior byte tutorial and find out where its script would be located and take a look at it.

I have another three questions.

1) How did Liquid Crystal got rid of the help system?

2) Is there a way to make an animated bootscreen?

3) I'm making a hack where you start in one map, five oddly colored tiles. Each one can transport you to one village. Like if you want to start in Fire village, step on the red tile blah.. blah.. blah.. etc. When you get transferred, you're warped on one of the five players room. So basically there will be five house, okay? Then, when you choose one, I want the other four to lock up, forever. How do I do that?
Here's a pic:
Spoiler:

1) No clue, though it was probably noping some commands.

2) Well, anything is possible, the only problem is creating an ASM routine to run your animation. At one point, Darthatron created one for the titlescreen (which can be seen in Liquid Crystal) but I don't think a bootscreen one has been done.

3) Use a var. Choose a var and when the player warps set it to the house number (1-5) then create 5 similar scripts, one for each house, that only allow you to pass through the door if the var equals the number of the house. You could also have a checkflag before it to create a manual override so that all of the houses can become unlocked at some point in the game, if you choose.

Scripting commands lightenroom and darkenroom (used in Brawly's Gym) don't work in FR.

Any way I could add them in?

There are several commands which do absolutely nothing, as in just returning you to the script in which it was called. This could have happened to those commands since they weren't needed. Essentially, you would need to restore their old ASM routines if that is the case. I know nothing more.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Use a var. Choose a var and when the player warps set it to the house number (1-5) then create 5 similar scripts, one for each house, that only allow you to pass through the door if the var equals the number of the house. You could also have a checkflag before it to create a manual override so that all of the houses can become unlocked at some point in the game, if you choose.

Sorry for the noobish question and being a disturbance, I haven't mastered vars yet and I'm more of like exam now lesson later type so...... Ummmm...... Sample?

karatekid552

Years
Sorry for the noobish question and being a disturbance, I haven't mastered vars yet and I'm more of like exam now lesson later type so...... Ummmm...... Sample?

All you will need is setvar and compare.

When you step on a tile, have this:

setvar 0x[Var: see var list for a good one] 0x[House number]

Then, put an invisible person or a tile in front of every house for which the script contains:

checkflag 0x[Override] 'in case you want on override flag
if 0x1 goto @this_house_is_unlocked
compare 0x[Var we picked earlier] 0x[House number of this house]
if 0x0 goto @this_house_is_locked

I think you can figure the rest out.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
All you will need is setvar and compare.

When you step on a tile, have this:

setvar 0x[Var: see var list for a good one] 0x[House number]

Then, put an invisible person or a tile in front of every house for which the script contains:

checkflag 0x[Override] 'in case you want on override flag
compare 0x[Var we picked earlier] 0x[House number of this house]
if 0x0 goto @this_house_is_locked

I think you can figure the rest out.

Okay, I'll figure the rest out.

Everyone! Anybody except karatekid552, does any of you have a var list? The one used in scripts!?
I can't find a var list in diegoisawesome and tajaros' scripting thread!

Also, what command in A-map do I use for a random weather?
Here's the script:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
When I meant third, I meant third from 0, as in Map Script #2.... I think, lol, I don't have it open in front of me. Make sure you copy of all of the settings as best as you can and open every script. It will be plainly obvious which one has the text in it.

Also, if this still gives you problems, I just thought of something: the tile that you click on to create a Secret Base outside of the secret base itself. The little square in the wall. That might set some vars and such as well. Look up a behavior byte tutorial and find out where its script would be located and take a look at it.

That's what I meant too. Map Script #2. (Or #4 in this case since the room map already started with 2 scripts.)

Anyways, those titles are accompanied by sign events made for Secret Bases, so I'm thinking I should relocate the map to the Secret Base header. Now, should I simply edit an existing map to recreate this map, giving it a different map number like 25.0, or should I replace a Secret Base map, keeping the map number as 1.1?

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Could someone list me all the DS hacks that were made on this site? You see I want to add DS hacks to my flash drive and I can't add GBA as it only support DS games. But it could take me hours even days to find all the hacks on here that are hacked from DS titles.

karatekid552

Years
Okay, I'll figure the rest out.

Everyone! Anybody except karatekid552, does any of you have a var list? The one used in scripts!?
I can't find a var list in diegoisawesome and tajaros' scripting thread!

Also, what command in A-map do I use for a random weather?
Here's the script:
Spoiler:

I meant DavidJCobb's posts which listed the function of a every var.

And for your script, I would try 05 and if that doesn't work, 02.

That's what I meant too. Map Script #2. (Or #4 in this case since the room map already started with 2 scripts.)

Anyways, those titles are accompanied by sign events made for Secret Bases, so I'm thinking I should relocate the map to the Secret Base header. Now, should I simply edit an existing map to recreate this map, giving it a different map number like 25.0, or should I replace a Secret Base map, keeping the map number as 1.1?

Yes, I would just replace a Secret Base and keep the map in the Secret Base header. That would work best.

Last edited:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Yes, I would just replace a Secret Base and keep the map in the Secret Base header. That would work best.

It worked! I gave the staircase the tile effect of an open cliff Secret Base entrance while I was at it. Didn't even need a signpost event to go with it. Everything works EXACTLY as planned! No "Would you like to make your Secret Base here?" text, no " 's BASE" area text, no need to register the place as a base, the decorations still remain there when I leave and come back, even the pack up option simply puts away the decorations without losing ownership of the place!

Just one pestering little harmless glitch I'd still like fixed if possible. The decorations still look glitchy when in the middle of placing them. Still looks fine afterward though. That's the last thing wrong with the place. If that can be fixed, this decorator-able basement will be flawless and I can start editing the decorations into better furniture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back