• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 1 - Shiro (Daxity) - Vampire District

I growled even louder as the vampire named Kerin stood up. "Make me!" I shouted back, raising my left arm into the air. Yessss, see what I am? Look, I'm pretty sure you can see the writing on this as well as I can! Dangerously Psychotic. "I'm not even gonna waste my breath!" I spat out. Anger was beginning to flow deep into my brain, and there was no telling what would happen if...That happened. "So shut up yourself before I shut you for good! HMPH." I could see the other male backing away slightly with his hands up. "Settle down, Shiro. You're outnumbered, and I'm on Kerin's side this time around. Shut up." I grabbed at my skull and pulled out a clump of hair. "FINE. Whatever!" Before anyone could say anything more, I ran at the door, kicked it down, and escaped out of the blasted room.

Chapter 1 - Fang - Vampire District

"FINE. Whatever!" Shiro yelled out. Before I could bat an eye, she was pulling out hairballs and she ran out of the room; taking the door down with her. I raised my eyebrows at her behavior. Alright. I knew Shiro, but it's been a while since she has pulled out hair. "Damn. That bald-spot was just disappearing, too." I mumbled to myself. I heard Kerin thank me from helping out, and I smiled back. "No problem, dude. Shiro is just upset about the whole survey. She'll chill down eventually." He paused for a moment, and dropped himself down in the third recliner. "Oi, so, my names' Fang. Ironic huh?" He tapped his shoulder, where there were two small scars. Bite marks. "Kerin, right? From the Human District three years ago?"

"Wait, you've never watched the Poppy Games? You can be arrested for that, ya know. But, I'm not the tattling type, so it's cool. Pretty much, sixteen people go into an arena, and there can only be a maximum of four winners slash survivors. One from each district. Meaning..." He paused for a dramatic effect. "Three of us are not gonna come back here. I just hope its not Shiro. She's a nice girl when she's not insane, but...I don't think she should live in the Victor's District."

Chapter 1 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

I gave a soft cry, and instead of taking his hand, I leap off her chair, and into Kerin's chest. Hugging. Crying. I wasn't scared. I was absolutely terrified. And after Fang's summary of the games, I wasn't feeling any better. "Uuu...Fang, you're wrong. Not this year." I cried out, digging my face into his chest. Tears stained his shirt, and suddenly I jumped back and hid behind my chair. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! D-don't hit me...!" I knelt know and covered my head; awaiting for the usual strong fist to pound me down. My memories surfaced into my eyes. My father standing over me. A knife in hand. No, he wasn't kind enough to use a silver one. He used one of stainless steel to cut up my tummy. So I wouldn't die, but I would feel the pain of his hatred for me. My hand traced around my heart. Where I knew the stitches had been. "....." I began to cry again.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Her threats meant nothing to Kerin. She could spit at him as much as she liked, she was an inconsiderate, cocky, psycho witch and Kerin had met plenty of people in similar boats to her. Probably not as psychotic, but definitely the loud and screaming type.

"Settle down, Shiro," the other boy said, his hands raised in defence. So Shiro was the crazy girl's name. Okay, so what was the boys? "You're outnumbered, and I'm on Kerin's side this time around. Shut up." Kerin breathed a sigh of relief. Someone with sense! Finally!

"FINE. Whatever!" Shiro screeched back, pulling a large clump of hair out of her head. Kerin widened his eyes. Okay, he had never seen anything that crazy. Before Kerin could think much else, she kicked the door down and ran out. She only needed a evil cackle and a broomstick and she was a short trip from the mental institute. Kerin sighed again, calming himself and turned to the boy.

"Thanks man, thanks a heap," he nodded and walked over to Marisa, now whimpering and curled up in her lounge.

"Are you okay?" He offered her a hand and a gentle smile. Potential power or not, she looked scared. She had been pushed into this and Kerin felt some kind of urge to protect her. Heck, he felt that way about most innocent and tortured people, but Marisa was different. She was so young. And she was most likely going to die if the games go as planned. At least Kerin thought. How did these game things work anyways?

"Oi, so, my names' Fang. Ironic huh?" Kerin looked over at him as he tapped his shoulder. Kerin saw two small holes. Snake bite piercings? Oh right. No, vampire bites. Kerin glanced at his own wrist, covered by a leather cuff. "Kerin, right? From the Human District three years ago?" Kerin widened his eyes a little.

"Y-yeah! Are you from the Human district as well?" he was surprised anyone knew him. Or remembered him. Kerin usually kept to himself, unless he knew Fang from the Human district. He was a little familiar but Kerin didn't know if that was because he had probably seen him around town here or from his last town.

"Wait, you've never watched the Poppy Games?" Fang asked. Kerin added a short nope. "You can be arrested for that, ya know. But, I'm not the tattling type, so it's cool. Pretty much, sixteen people go into an arena, and there can only be a maximum of four winners slash survivors. One from each district. Meaning... Three of us are not gonna come back here. I just hope its not Shiro. She's a nice girl when she's not insane, but...I don't think she should live in the Victor's District."

Nice? Kerin looked at the door Shiro had kicked down. Yeah she seemed nice alright. But, seriously, one from each district? Kerin lowered his head a little. This guy seemed nice enough, he didn't deserve to die. And neither did this little girl. If Kerin wanted to win these games, he would most likely have to make alliances elsewhere but who said he really wanted to win? He looked back at Marisa. He didn't want to see her die if it meant Kerin lived. On that note, death was scary any way you looked at it. Perhaps someone would find a cure when the games were over. Maybe someone would find a way for Kerin to go back to his life. He gave Fang and Marisa a small smile. He really didn't know what to think.

"So, uh, what now?" Kerin said to Fang, his hand still offered to Marisa. Instead of taking it, she hugged him. Quite tightly. She was sobbing, it was getting all over his shirt. But it didn't matter, as long as Kerin could make her feel safe. Yup, this was exactly like Nora. He hugged her back, trying to offer as much comfort as he possibly could.

"Uuu...Fang, you're wrong. Not this year," she said, her voice muffled by her face in his chest. Suddenly, she pushed him back and jumped behind her chair, hiding behind it. "I'm sorry I'm sorry! D-don't hit me...!" Kerin blinked and shook his head.

"I'm... I'm not going to hurt you!" Kerin stepped over the couch and bent down next to her. She was crying again. "I'll protect you, okay?"

Last edited:

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-Raike kept his emotionless face, but he made a tsk sound with his tounge. A tiny flame appeared on his pointer finger, but he quickly exstinguished it. Still glaring at Ryuu, he opened his mouth to speak.-

"Well, if your the best, then I can't wait to break my foot off in your arse, then we'll see how good you are. You have too high of an opinion of yourself hellboy, and if you keep that attitude, your gonna end up dead. I also advise you not to start a war with everyone here, or we might just jump you."

-Looking back at Ryuu, he seemed to have bloodlust in his eyes, and Raike snickered. He really was like a bull, and he might even try to charge someone in the arena. Anyway, Raike would enjoy taking him down a peg, and showing him he wasn't all that. In his district, he had been known for not looking too strong, but actually posessing a montrous strength, one thing people overlooked.-

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"Hm? Of course I'm from the Human District? What, don't remember me? Haha, it's cool, dude. We never were in the same classes, anyways. Didn't expect to see you here of all people!" I gave a fanged grin, but it didn't last long as Marisa suddenly hugged into him, freaked out, and was now crying behind the recliner. I blinked several times as I processed what the heck just happened. Gingerly, I walked around and sat myself down on the other side of the young teenager. "Yo, how about we make a three-way alliance? Gang up on Shiro?"

Still crying out, I immediately latched onto Kerin, closed my eyes, and nuzzled in. He isn't here...My dad isn't here....He isn't going to hurt me anymore...I breathed out shakingly, and slowly pulled away when my face began to stick to him through my wet tears. "Uuu...R-really? You'll do that...?" I asked, a look of disbelief surfacing underneath my pained expression. Protect me? "From everything...?" My wide golden eyes searched his face curiously, and I wiped away some tears settling on my cheeks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Uhh," Kerin screwed up his face a little. Maybe? He looked at Fang a little closer. He shrugged and just accepted it. He probably wasn't called Fang before. Most likely. "Were you... were you attacked the same night I was? Or before? Or after?" Kerin's eyes went down to his knees as memories flashed in his head. He quickly pushed them back as Quinn... no, never mind.

Kerin was quickly snapped out of whatever he as in as Marisa hugged him quite tightly again. Kerin smiled as he looked down at his now dirty shirt, covered in tears and probably snot. He hugged her back again.

"Uuu...R-really? You'll do that...? From everything...?" Marisa looked up at him, her golden eyes staring into his black ones. She reminded him so much of Nora. And Dana! Dana was young too, younger than Marisa, but she always ran to Kerin when she did anything since Father Manuel was always so busy. Kerin gave her a warm smile.

"Of course!" Kerin nodded. "Everything but internal bacteria." He let out a laugh.

"Yo, how about we make a three-way alliance? Gang up on Shiro?" Fang sat down beside them. Kerin grinned back at him. Was that a way of saying... they were friends? Were they friends?

"Yeah! Yeah, let's team up!" Kerin pulled out a hand around Marisa and offered it to Fang to shake. Sure, Shiro said there was only one left out of each region but what... what if they could somehow change that? Kerin humored himself with the idea of making everyone a vampire. Surely then it would be four of anyone!

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

Smiling widely at his little joke, I wiped the remaining tears from my face, and directed my attention to Fang. He proposed an alliance. However, once Shiro was gone, then...Whatever. These two were making her welcome. An alliance, even if it is silently only temporary, would be great. I smiled at Fang, and nodded my head rapidly in agreement. "I agree! Let's be allies!" I tilted my head back to Kerin curiously. "Friends?"

I grinned at their approval, and shook Kerin's hand. An alliance. "Cool! Let's show those other districts whose gonna win this year, alright?" Just as I was about to speak to Marisa, I heard some noise from behind me, and turned around to find two guards propping the door back into place. Another was perched on the chair we were behind. The two guards at the door were rather skinny, with freckles covering their cheeks and a flare of orange hair tossed carelessly atop their heads. Wood-brown eyes were looking around each way. Twins. They even dressed the same. The only difference, was that one of the twins had yellow flecks in his eyes. The third guard with them, looked alot more healthy. His cold-blue hair blown to the left, and purple eyes scanning the three of us. Rings were rolled down his exposed right ear, and a small lip-ring was the victim of his tongue. Like a bad habit, he was pulling the ring into his mouth with his tongue, and playing around. He seemed more prepared for a violent participant, as his shoulders and upper chest were guarded by leather padding. "Hello. Us three are here to guide your group to District 5." The man stood up from the chair, and in his grip, were a ringlet of keys. "Lets go."

I glanced back at Marisa and Kerin, before heaving myself to my feet. "Ouf...Alright." Without even asking the younger teen, he took her hand, and dragged her along out of the room. Following the three guards, the vampires could get a better look at the government building they were in. It was silent. Almost peaceful, really. The entire place was in the lap of luxury. Not a single imperfection. Red roses seemed to be the marking of this building, as each hallway had atleast one vase or painting, with a bright, blood-red rose. I was surprised we didn't run into any officials through the entire trip, but I suppose they had better things to do than see us off.

The guards explained to us on the way, that we would be leaving through the back port so we didn't disturb the civilans. How could we possibly disturb them? When we finally made it through the back door, I was astonished at how much the back was different from the front. The cities of our district weren't known to be too natural. Buildings and houses and other structures blocked most patches of trees. This. This was nature before us. Perfect lines of cherry-blossom tress. Just beginning to blossom, their petals sprinkled the dirt path with their pink. The grass was definitely greener on this side, as well. My eyes lit up at the beauty of everything, and what surprised me was that the guards allowed us to stop and take in this change in the enviroment. Perhaps previous contestants acted the same way. After a few peaceful moments, we returned back to walking. The sun was just peeking over the horizon, and the glimmer of it sent the trees shivering. The petals glistened as though covered in sparkles. Absolutely beautiful.

We neared a clearing, and that was when we saw Shiro. Strapped to a wheelchair, a guard was pushing her around to see flowers lining underneath the trees. Tiger lillies. Five-star flowers that opened up like starfish. They happened to be my favorite flower. Shiro seemed to have calmed since her psychopathic explosion, and her face held a sort of thing I had never seen before in her. She was relaxed. Had they drugged her? No, she would seem drowsy, then. No medication could possibly lower her anger into a silent bliss. There was no way.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Friends?" Kerin hesitated for a moment. He had never really had a real friend before. Everyone had usually kept their distance from him or he had from them. He blinked, then smiled. True, it seemed inevitable that one of them had to die but Kerin wanted to change that. He wanted to make sure his friends lived.

"Friends!" Kerin grinned as Fang shook his hand. This was good, this was a good feeling. Fang opened his mouth but was interrupted by the realisation that three guards were in the room. Kerin turned towards them. Two were fixing the door whilst the other, the considerably tougher looking one, was sitting quite comfortably in a chair. He had an assortment of piercings, it kind of made him look a lot younger than he probably was.

"Hello. Us three are here to guide your group to District 5," he stood up from his chair and the group of keys in his hand made a tinkling noise. He shook them a little, motioning to them. "Lets go."

Fang nodded, took Marisa's hand and followed the guards out the now fixed door. Kerin nodded and followed Fang, walking closely behind Marisa. As much as he didn't want to marvel at the building, he couldn't help it. It was... beautiful. Perfect roses, sleek designs, marble; the kind of thing that Kerin could only dream about. Still, despite the beauty, the place was quiet and empty other than the six of them. This place was built not to be lived in, but to show what kind of money could be spent on useless rooms.

The guards said something about not disturbing the public then led them out to a courtyard. Not just any courtyard, one filled with cherryblossums (in bloom, no doubt!), the most lush grass and fit with sparkling dew drops on the petals and the sun rising in the distance. Kerin didn't realise the guards had stopped them and accidently bumped into Marisa (and quickly muttered out a few apologies). He took this moment to see what he thought would be the last beautiful thing. After this... was the games ahead? After this, would he have to kill? The guards pressed on and led them out of the courtyard and into a clearing.

There was a guard pushing around a wheelchair. A wheelchair? Oh. Kerin smirked a little as he saw Shiro strapped into it, obviously calmed down from her psychotic rage. She seemed... dazed? No, that wasn't the word. Hypnotised? Her eyes were glassy and her face clear from the usual scowl or frown. How ominous. Kerin made a face and moved closer to Marisa. They had done something.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

Carefully, I approached Shiro and the guard. What had they done to her? She didn't seem to notice me, until I was right in her face. Yes, they definitely did something. Her eyes were hazed over, like a day full of clouds. She didn't swat me away. She just...Sat there staring at me, as though she was trying to place who I was, what I was doing, and how I got between her and the flowers. She mumbled out a hello, and that is when my heart fell. They did something to her. To make her calm like this... But why? Weren't we going to have guards at our sides every step of the way? They even had her strapped to the wheelchair by all her limbs...Like she was going anywhere. Cautiously, I reached out a hand and touched her cheek. In a normal situation, she would had punched me in the gut. This? She was actually accepting my fingers brushing against her scar-ridden surface. That was all I needed, to back way and walk myself back to the others.

The main guard, cleared his throat and nodded at the guard that had Shiro. "District 5 is within walking distance from here, so that is our transportation. Follow along quickly." He began leading through he clearing, and into another path opposite the one we came through. The twins stayed at the government building, I guess...Because Shiro's guard took up the back. The minute I thought they couldn't hear us, I lowered my voice into a whisper. "Hey guys... They must've drugged Shiro up bad."

I immediately hid behind Kerin cowering, the second I saw Shiro out in the clearing. However, it took me a bit to realize she was different from the girl who was shouting threats at me before. She seemed...Calm. Strapped to a wheelchair so her movement was minimal, a guard was pushing her around slowly to see the flowers. Sometimes she would squeak out to him, to pick a flower for her. With each request, he did as instructed and placed the flowers into her lap. She wouldn't thank him, though. Only switch her movement from him to the flowers. The greens and yellows and oranges...The purple flowers were her favorite. I could tell with the way she dazed off looking at them.

Even though she didn't seem psychotic now; I kept my distance and clinged myself to Kerin for protection. She was smiling at us now; Shiro. A soft, dreamy smile. It scared me almost as much as her psychotic self. When Fang whispered to us that Shiro may have been drugged, there was a moment a got a ping of guilt. It didn't last long, though. Remembering that she was psychotic, and threatened to kill me... I huddled myself closer to Kerin, as he continued down through the parting of trees. Birds chirped out familiar melodies, and some swooped down bravely before us to pluck a lone worm for their bird children. This place was amazing...Why wasn't anyone allowed over here?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Hey guys... They must've drugged Shiro up bad," Fang said as Marisa hid behind Kerin. Kerin nodded back slowly. It was eerie. Kerin had never really known Shiro before. Sure, he had heard bits and pieces of other people in the town (not that Kerin had really remembered any names) but from what he had gathered, this kind of behaviour was... seriously serious. He put a hand on Marisa's shoulder to hug her close. He wouldn't let them do it to her.

"Creepy," Kerin breathed. He looked over at Fang. Hopefully their alliance was still valid. She might be drugged or hypnotised or whatever now but when it wore off, she would probably be extremely angry. With everything. Although if he had to kill her, he would wait. It wouldn't be a fair fight, not now.

But it wasn't like the whole thing was fair anyways.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

Creepy indeed. They must've used some insane stuff to drug her, if this was the effect. I wasn't too worried myself of getting that drug. After all, it was probably only used to calm insane participants so they didn't kill anyone before the arena. Last year there had been an incident like that. Some estatic vampire couldn't wait to kill, that he decided to kill off two vampire participants, before he had to be killed himself. That's how we were labeled as the mentally unstable district. People like Shiro were ALWAYS in the games. Demons were always known for their reckless brutality. Angels were manipulative. And Humans were...The tech-savy, I suppose. Humans have only won one game so far out of the previous seven. Vampires were ahead with three. Demons had two victors. And the Angels also had one.

I paused for a moment, blinked. Who had I seen on that screen in the room? A familiar face....No, two familiar faces. One from the demons, and the other from the humans. Why couldn't I remember their names or faces? I rubbed my temples, as we continued to walk at a steady pace. Marisa was clinging to Kerin like an octopus, while Shiro was gazing around blindly at her surroundings. She probably wouldn't remember any of this, because of the intense drugs...That's it! Bernkastel! I snapped my fingers, and immediately turned to Kerin. "Kay, I just figured out another ally we need to have. Bernkastel. You know her, right? The two-time victor from the demons?" Marisa instantly perked up, and looked into my face curiously. "Bern...? Alright. She can be an ally. If she lets us."

Chapter 2 - Fang - Vampire District

It didn't take us long to reach District 5. I never realized how close we were to them. What made me nervous about their location, was how weapon-savy they were. Like a military base. No children. No women. Just bulking male Gods carrying around your odd weapon. It was so strange...Seeing them walk single file around like this. Marisa was simply terrified of all the huge men, and cushioned herself between myself and Kerin. Shiro didn't seem to know what was going on, because she was waving to the Gods like she was drunk. They didn't even glance at us. We were that low and insignificant. That was when they hit us. The bugs. Giant metalic things that swarmed around us like bees. They made flashings with their eyes, and clicking at their feet. Wait...Those weren't bugs. Cameras. Hovering cameras. The sizes ranging from plum-sized, to watermelon-sized. At first they annoyed the hell out of me, but I soon learned to adapt to their company. Marisa was wide-eyed at them, and constantly flicked her head with each flash they made. Like she could see the flashes travel in the air if she looked quick enough. Such an odd girl.

Our leading guard abruptly informed us, that we would be the first to arrive at the helicopter. Helicopter? We weren't taking a boat? Or those fancy teleportation machines? I wasn't complaining, though. The second I saw the giant machine, I smirked. A little big to hold four people...But plenty big for sixteen. We were going to be accompanied...By the other three districts in a helicopter. Joy.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Kay, I just figured out another ally we need to have. Bernkastel. You know her, right? The two-time victor from the demons?" Kerin turned to face Fang. That was the one on top of the leaderboard, right? She would be a powerful ally indeed, being from a different region. "Bern...? Alright. She can be an ally. If she lets us."

"If she lets us," Kerin let out a small laugh. He wasn't completely sure how these games went but free-for-all seemed the most popular approach, right? Being at the top of the list, she would probably be cocky. Or aloof. Or something. And winning twice might mean she wouldn't need any help.

They reached District 5 and the first thing Kerin noticed was the funny looking robots and the bright flashes. Kerin covered his eyes as one flashed directly in his eye. Good thing he wasn't epileptic. He felt Marisa pull closer again and Kerin looked over to see what she was so scared of; giant golem-like things, carrying weapons. Even Kerin knew what they were. Gods. Kerin put his hand on Marisa's shoulder. They weren't the type to attack randomly but you didn't want to get on their bad side. He turned away and directed his attention to their guide.

A helicopter? He could see it in the distance. Quite a large one. Filled with other district members? Oh great. Now Kerin could see who wanted to kill him.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 2 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

My eyes flickered to the angel that had sat beside me, but otherwise I didn't give him much thought. I was busy. Busy concentrating on Raike and Ryuu since Paris' assault on Xavier had diminished. The two were exchanging heated looks, with words that stung like viper poison. I raised my head, with my bangs parting for a nice touch over my right eye. I gazed at Ryuu with such intensity, I began to wonder if I could blow him up with my emerald eyes. Create a spark. I wasn't much of a talker, but I had known from experience that if I did talk, attention usually came to me. I held my blank look, and stared into Ryuu's flamed eyes.

"You are not the highest of the demons. I believe my streak has made that known. A little girl beat you in the survey. So, how much of a threat are you, compared to her...?" Of course, I was talking about Marisa. Both of us could take him out, with one swing of our finger. But, we would be killed instantly by the guards waiting outside. What were they waiting for, anyways? "Silence yourself, or, I just might kill you." I leaned back in my seat, closed my eyes, and smiled. How many seconds would it take, for him to react? One...Two...Three...

Chapter 2 - Amelia Kunjui - Angel District

In the ruckus of it all, out of everyone here....Bernkastel spoke up! My eyes widened slightly as I heard what she had to say, and when my eyes glanced nervously to her face, I immediately looked away. If looks could kill. Her emerald eyes were darkened, and her appearance had changed from someone wise, to something silent but deadly. Her eyes... Her eyes...! Did I see them flicker red with intensity? I held in a whimper, and directed my attention to Ryuu, who was the subject to that gaze and spiked words. Well, if Bern knew what she was doing... I wouldn't interfere. Wouldn't have the guts to. If Ryuu decided to attack now, I suppose Bern could handle him... Maybe with a little help from Raike. But, could they stop a bull, with two pairs of hands? If magic was used, the guards would put us all in handcuffs. I wanted to feel that I had at least some power, within these physically-enhanced males...

Chapter 2 - Fang - Vampire District

When we were raised into the mouth of the helicopter, I couldn't help but exasperate a sigh of relief. We were the first here... One less problem to worry about. I really didn't want to have a bunch of eyes on me as I sat down. Not sure where to place myself, I waited for Marisa to be seated. She was still clinging to Kerin. It was really...Rather cute. If one saw this, it would seem as though they were siblings. The little girl seemed so frightened of the helicopter... I watched as she managed to pull away, and move around the seats. It was like she was pinpointing the place for the best view. Finally, she decided on the seat on the left side of the helicopter, and plopped herself down. She patted the place on her left, and beamed. "Fang! Kerin! Sit here! Sit here!" I laughed and moved over to where she was directing us to sit. I left a gap between Marisa and myself for Kerin, since she seemed to prefer her. I respected that, so here I was, when the guard came in with Shiro and dumped her right beside me. I had to sort of...Catch her so she didn't fall over in surprise. She still seemed to be under the influence of the drugs. I watched as the guard pushed the now empty wheelchair out, along with himself. "....." I carefully set Shiro down, because I now realized...She fell asleep! I twitched, sighed, and laid her down. Good God...What did they inject her with?

It was all too sudden. First the humans came in, then the demons, and then finally the angels within a span of twenty minutes. When the humans first came in, I scanned the four people and my eyes saddened when they locked on Nokoto. She was holding hands with some white-haired boy. Gosh, he seemed nice. I crossed my legs as they sat down horizontal from the entrance...One, two, three... Where did the fourth go? My eyes moved to the entrance, as I saw two armed guards take the fourth participant away. I couldn't remember her name, but why wasn't she allowed on the helicopter? Hm.

All Hell (No pun intended) started when the demons came in. I couldn't help but admire Bernkastel as she stridded in with such purpose...Such power steps! She did not hesitate to sit beside Marisa, so I would take that as a good sign that she was possibly in favor of us, over the humans. The emo-boy...Ah, what was his name? Well, he sat over by the entrance with his woman-friend...Paris? I raised my eyebrows. I forgot about the celebrities participation... Finally, my attention settled onto Ryuu, the boy that had made it obvious that he hated us all. Wanted our bones between his teeth and our flesh under his heavy step. He acted with such superiority, and that, overall, pissed the living Hell in me. I couldn't stand people who thought they were better than everyone else, without proof of it first. My eyes flickered as a guard came through the entrance, and right over to Bernkastel. Was he going to take her away, along with that previous human participant? Nope... I watched as he slid a rose down her shirt like it was a vase, before dropping what appeared to be a candy in her lap. Did I hear his words correctly? He was betting on her death this year? I suppose, if someone betted that way, and Bern died...They would make quite a profit. After all...Two-time winner! Who couldn't say she could win again this year? Another movement that surprised me, was when she tossed the candy into Marisa's hands as if it belonged to her. Why didn't she eat it? Was it poisoned? I tensed up, but only for a second as I watched Marisa tuck the candy into her dress. Phew.

Two things were happening after the angel's arrival. One, Raike and Ryuu were killing eachother with words. Second, Bern decided to take her rose to good use, and throw it between Paris and Emo. That immediately broke them apart, and I couldn't help but chuckle at Paris' wide-eyed reaction. I then noticed the little dent in the helicopter from the rose. Crap. Bernkastel was scary....Especially when she had enough of Ryuu, and spoke up with her dull, emotionless voice.

"You are not the highest of the demons. I believe my streak has made that known. A little girl beat you in the survey. So, how much of a threat are you, compared to her...?" She was the highest, yes. Marisa beat Ryuu in the survey...How would that demon take that? It was obvious they weren't buddies when they arrived, and they certainly weren't now. I lowered my breathing. I did not want a fight to break out here. No way. But if worse came to worse, I would be on Bern's side. After all, I was the one that proclaimed that she became our ally. Maybe Marisa had already talked with her?

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu came out of his blood-thirst fueled trance to the sound of someone addressing him. It was Bernkastel again.

"You are not the highest of the demons. I believe my streak has made that known. A little girl beat you in the survey. So, how much of a threat are you, compared to her...?"

Ryuu looked at Marisa and laughed a bit. He was about to comment on her and the stupid poll, and also on her being number one two times before. He was going to say how the only reason she had won was because he wasn't participating, but his gaze returned to her as she began speaking once more.

"Silence yourself, or, I just might kill you."

Ryuu's blood felt like it was boiling. He clenched his fists, unable to take it anymore. No one insulted him like that, no one. Everyone was around, the Angels, the Humans, the Vampires, and Ryuu resisted only because he wanted to save the stronger ones for later. But there is a limit to how much someone of his character could take. There's always a limit. And that limit had now been broken.

Ryuu looked down at his arms, which were resting on his knees. At 6'5 and 250 pounds of muscle, he was built for competitions like this. A literal rhino. It was time for the Rhino to charge. Ryuu looked at her, and the people sitting around her. He thought to himself for a second.

No room to maneuver, straight path, no exit, perfect.

Ryuu spoke out loud as he rose from his seat.

"F**k it."

Ryuu broke into an immediate run, charged forward and plunged right into Bernkastel with a ramming motion, attempting to crush her with his weight and brute strength.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"F**k it."

My eyes opened up to see "The Rhino" charging at his target; me. Just as I had planned, it was easy to make his blood temperature rise. He was going to crush me. He was going to kill me, now. I smiled softly, and my eyes went blank. "I'd rather not, Ryuu." He had miscalulated. Up. That was my exit point. Shizuka on my right, Marisa on my left. Perfect. Hopefully Marisa got the memo to move out of the way.

Last second, and I whipped out my black-feathered demon wings. With one strong flap, I flung myself into the air, and above Ryuu before he could even blink. Had he not seen me in the previous games? I was known for three things on the first one. One, my speed. I landed where he used to be seated, with my arms extended at my sides as though I no longer needed my wings to fly to my safety. I raised my right hand to my mouth, and bit hard on my thumb. The iron-taste of blood seeped into my mouth, and I smiled. "Mammon," I slashed my bloodied thumb across my left wrist; leaving a trail of red in its wake. Almost immediately, symbols unearthed from my pale skin, which took the form of my blood. Spinning. Spinning.

"Marisa. Shizuka. You might not want to sit there." Within seconds, a red smoke manifested over Ryuu, before plummeting down on his body. It swirled and swirled, but didn't do any harm. Finally, the smoke floated over to the space beside me, and took form. A real demon. Much taller and stronger build, she leaned towards Ryuu like a leopard ready to pounce. Red hair that was fashioned into a traditinal japanese ponytail, while her bangs hung loose over her forehead. Red eyes pierced the air, and practically through Ryuu as if he was nothing more than a pile of meat. All she wore, was the color of blood. A bloodied red dress that hung down at her knees, with bones lining the edges and her breastline. Real bones. I crossed my arms, and allowed everyone to take in my creation. "Alright. Everyone who doesn't want to die, search this place for cameras and listening devices." I ordered in my monotone voice. Almost immediately, Marisa, Fang, Amelia, Nokoto, and Faust rose to their feet and scrambled to search every inch of the helicopter. I looked at Ryuu, next. "You're too bold. You act without thinking of your opponent." I gestured to Mammon, and the demon let out a cackle, before pouncing onto the floor. Mammon was circling Ryuu now, her smoked, red demon wings lashing out like swords; coming within only feet of Ryuu. "...Don't you ever watch the Poppy Games, Ryuu?" I asked, sitting myself down on his seat.

"Then you should know-if you got the hint, that is-...That I'm already dead."

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu rammed towards Bernkastel, his heart beating as he came close, only to witness her jump up. Or more specifically, fly up.

Damn, he thought. He had not expected that. He turned to face her again, his eyes boiling over with anger. He felt like he could bleed tears. Suddenly, Ryuu watched as Bernkastel bit her thumb, excreting blood. Wiping it on her wrist, Ryuu watched in confusion as she performed what to him seemed like some kind of sacrificial ceremony. But then something happened Ryuu did not expect, not in the slightest.

"Mammon." She said as she made red smoke appear around Ryuu, and then the figure of a demon appeared. Caught off guard, and more than a bit surprised, Ryuu was tossed to the side, hitting hard on the floor.

"Alright. Everyone who doesn't want to die, search this place for cameras and listening devices."

Ryuu lay on the ground motionless for a moment, not saying a word. That was the first time in his life he was tossed like that, as if he was nothing. But it wasn't embarrassment that came over him. It wasn't as much anger either, although technically, he was always angry. It was a mixture of excitement, and determination. For the first time in his life, he had met with an opponent that had a very good chance of killing him, and he couldn't be happier.

"You're too bold. You act without thinking of your opponent."

Ryuu saw the demon come within a close distance of him. Bernkastel spoke again, but Ryuu was in a sort of trance, and didn't hear everything she had said. He was in his own mind now, excited about the possibilities. He was flung hard, but Ryuu was known to take a hit, still. This wasn't going to be enough to take him down. He came to just to hear the last of what she was saying.

"...if you got the hint, that is-...That I'm already dead."

Already dead? Ryuu thought to himself. He didn't understand, but he didn't care at the moment.

Ryuu lay on the ground, observing some of the others move around the helicopter. It was his turn to retaliate, and as Bernkastel sat in his seat, she seemed to think he wasn't going to fight anymore, or perhaps that he couldn't fight anymore. But something was wrong now. He didn't feel like retaliating. Unusual, considering Ryuu is one to hold grudges, but Bernkastel had shown him a feeling unlike anything he had seen yet, and he felt, in a strange way-a way that would only make sense to him- that he owed her one. So he would do her the favor of not killing her. Although, from what she said, she seemed to be already dead.

But this demon next to him was another story entirely. He felt aggravated with it so close to him, and he wanted it dead. It was superior in size, but Ryuu was quick for his size nevertheless. Had Bernkastel not had her speed to that height, Ryuu would have nailed her. Ryuu had thoughts running through his mind. He sighed on the floor, and began the motion. He summoned all his strength and leapt at the beast, grabbing it's arm and flinging it to the ground in a smash. The beast was leaning in, and he had a favorable position for this to happen. Next, he clenched his hands into fists, and began beating at it with them, and didn't stop.

Punch after bash after blow after smash occurred as the Rhino let everything out on the demon. He even hit it with a headbutt, opening a cut on his forehead, from which he bled out. He kept it pinned, and didn't give it a chance to try and hit him back. And every blow he landed, the tried to make the next one twice as hard.

Ryuu stopped after what seemed like hours to him of hitting the demon. His forehead bled steadily, his face covered his own blood. His hands were covered in a mixture of his own and the beast's blood as well. Ryuu sat beside the demon, panting hard. A pool of blood surrounded the area. He had let it all out on the demon, and had gained a great measure of satisfaction with it. He turned to Bernkastel, and smiled. Bernkastel might not have known this, but Ryuu had changed his opinion of her entirely. From now until the games, he wouldn't treat her like a weakling, or a pushover. From now on, she was an opponent, a fighter, and he had gained a bit of respect, however tiny, for her. Ryuu spoke, his voice still panting.

"You say you're already dead?" He pointed to the demon next to him. "Well that makes two of you."

Last edited:
Years
Xavier's expression on the outside, you may wonder? Completely dull and emotionless. Xaviers expression on the inside however, was completely wide eyed. Ryuu being a complete retard like usual wasn't the surprising things. It was the facts that first off, this woman randomly comes out of literally nowhere, Bern basically ordered everyone to kill technology or they'd be dead themselves, she did an acrobatic style attack against the idiot, and also, that she was dead! She, was in fact, dead. How exactly was it fair for her to be in the games then, if she was dead? Bernkastel basically held an overwhelming advantage over him and the others by being dead. How did she die anyway?! She sure as hell didn't die in the 'poppy' games! That's for sure! These thoughts continued to race through Xavier's mind, who was now frozen in place from the sudden action going on inside the helicopter.

Instantaneously, almost an instant before her wavering eyes could see in his direction, he slowly went to the floor, searching for any bit of technology he could find. It made him irritated at the fact he was being ordered around like a dog. But hey, he should at least stay alive until the population games at least....Then he could be finally over with this horrible immortality....

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Kerin led Marisa into the helicopter and smiled as he felt her cling closer as they approached it. She was absolutely terrified of everything! How would she last any time in the games if she was terrified of everything? That's why Kerin was here. He was here to protect her. Maybe that's why she was placed so high? Could... could the gods predict the future? Kerin shrugged as Marisa chose her seat and almost demanded in a quite excited voice that Kerin and Fang were to sit next to her. Kerin chose next to her and nodded and smiled at Fang as he chose the one over. He looked at him for a few seconds. Maybe he did recognise him?

"What was your name bef--" Kerin was interrupted by the arrival of humans. Kerin couldn't remember their names for the life of him but he looked at all their faces. They were all familiar but he still wasn't sure if that was because he had seen them on the TV or because he had known them before. He sighed a little. He envied them. All of them. Them and their humanity.

Then the demons entered. Kerin could feel their somewhat evil auras but he felt... the same as them. Kerin smiled at himself. He was going crazy, definitely. The leader of the polls, that Bernie girl, strolled in quite nonchalantly and sat next to Marisa. Kerin swapped glances between Marisa and Bern...ka something and blinked as the guard placed a rose down her shirt and a lolly in her lap. Bernkastel (yes, that was it!) then placed it in Marisa's lap, who tucked it into her dress. Kerin leaned over to Marisa.

"I wouldn't eat that if I was you," Kerin smiled a little but he was sure Marisa knew that already. She wasn't that stupid, surely.

Then the angels entered. Them and their beauty. He looked away when they entered. He didn't care much for them but he was sure they could do some kind of hypnotic crap on him. He kept his head down as the members from districts quarreled a bit about nothing. He rose his head as Bernkastel spoke, her voice... cold.

"You are not the highest of the demons. I believe my streak has made that known. A little girl beat you in the survey. So, how much of a threat are you, compared to her...?" She stopped. Kerin looked over at Marisa then shuffled closer to her again. He didn't want to see her getting hurt now. "Silence yourself, or, I just might kill you."

Kerin looked back at the boy, a demon, she was talking too, his face red. She had hit a nerve and it didn't look like this guy could handle rejection well. He cursed then charged, heading for Bern. Who was sitting directly next to Marisa. Oh crap. Kerin didn't even hesitate.

"Marisa!" Kerin yelled, easily tearing arm rest between them off, grabbing her, ripping her out of her seat and pulling her out of the way. But the boy never made impact with the seat. Infact, when Kerin looked back, Bernkastel was gone. She had moved over to where the boy had been sitting, a red demon was standing next to her and angry, red clouds smothering the other demon. Kerin wrinkled his nose as a familiar smell entered his nose. Blood. He swallowed and with his other hand, covered his nose and breathed through his mouth. He hadn't had anything to drink for days.

"Alright. Everyone who doesn't want to die, search this place for cameras and listening devices," Bernakastel said cooly. Kerin lowered his hand from his nose and felt Marisa pull from his grip and search but Kerin didn't move. He just stared. He wasn't frightened, shocked or scared, he wasn't even nervous. He was interested. He wasn't staring at her demon or the boy, he was staring at Bernkastel.

"You're too bold. You act without thinking of your opponent... Don't you ever watch the Poppy Games, Ryuu?" she sat down. Kerin blinked. She was so cool about everything, as if it didn't matter. It didn't matter if she died, it didn't matter if he died, it didn't matter if anyone died. "Then you should know -if you got the hint, that is- ...That I'm already dead."

Kerin had finished looking and turned around, walking over to Marisa. Okay, so maybe it wasn't what he expected her to say but it wasn't that great of a thing to say either. On that logic, Kerin was dead too. A dead human. He brought his hand back to his nose. God that blood, it was such a terrible smell. Not because it didn't smell bad; it smelt wonderful infact. Like baking bread, melted chocolate and the sweetest perfume combined. It was that if he got too much of the smell, he wouldn't be able to stop himself. Like he didn't with Quinn.

It wasn't hard to find a camera, Kerin's eyes could see them. He broke it easily between his fingers. He smiled a little. He sometimes forgot how strong he was in his last life, but he always forgot how strong he was here. He could probably easily punch a hole through the helicopter, though he wouldn't want to try.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

I watched with little interest as Ryuu began beating on Mammon. Showing no restraint, while Mammon continued to lay there and cry out in pain. As this was happening, I slid out of my seat unworryingly, and walked over to Xavier. I watched as he searched around for the cameras and other devices I had specified. "...Xavier. What are you doing...?" I carefully grabbed his arm, and pulled him back into his seat. I shook my head slowly in disagreement. "I didn't mean you," I turned back to Ryuu, who seemed proud over what he had done. I walked over to Mammon's body, and sighed. She was too good at playing dead. But, I suppose I better play along for a bit. "Hm. I suppose that does." I kicked the body lightly with my foot, before leaning forward with my hand. I was going to strike Ryuu senseless, but instead, I found myself wiping blood off his forehead. "....When you're in the arena. When you fight an opponent? You shouldn't resort to physical attacks which will make you bleed. It'll be hard to stop wounds from infection....Keep that in mind." I took Ryuu's sticky blood between my fingers, before lowering down and crossing an 'x' on Mammon's forehead. "Rest in peace..." Mammon's body evaporated into her signature red smoke, before the smoke was drawn into the symbol on my arm.

I straightened out, and adjusted my witch hat so I could survey everyone around me. "..." I looked back down at Ryuu. I had an odd sort of respect for the man, but not the kind you would think of at first glance. People would normally respect his strength, but...I wasn't normal. Nonchalantly, I grabbed Ryuu's bloody hand and steadied him to his feet. He reaked of blood. Poor vampires...Having this red teased in their presence... I immediately pulled my hand away from Ryuu when I remembered who exactly I was helping up. Didn't want to go through unnessesary pain...

I looked around again, and addressed the people who were just finishing their search. "Is that all of them?" I waved to the small pile of little box-like devices. Well, the Gods knew of Mammon, now...

Chapter 2 - Marisa Ryunatta - Vampire District

I was hardly paying attention to everything that was happening around me. I just stayed in a shivering ball in Kerin's arms. The scent of blood made my thoughts fuzzy, and my senses decided to triple themselves when a fight broke out at Kerin's feet; practically. I quivered, and hopped myself away from the sight. I didn't want to see anyone else die! I made myself busy for the next ten minutes, doing as Bern had instructed. Overall, I found three tiny little camera bots, and one listening device... Why did Bern want these out now?

When finally the smell lessened, I scrambled back over for Kerin's protection. The demon Bernkastel had summoned, was gone..And now only Ryuu's blood was what I sensed. It was faint, but it was there. I began to whimper, and dug my face into Kerin's chest. "H-hau..." I didn't want to be the one to answer to Bern. That Mammon girl she summoned, and the fight that broke out...Simply terrified me out of my mind!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Kerin almost gagged as the stench of blood grew stronger and stronger with every blow to the demon. Stupid demon kid Ryuu, stop it! He felt his mouth watering and gripped tighter on his nose. It wasn't doing much, he could taste the aroma in the air. Marisa came back to him and dug her face in his shirt, which was now dirty thanks to her. It didn't matter that much, the only thing bothering him was the blood. He replaced his pinched fingers over his nose to his whole arm over both his mouth and nose, and used his other hand to hold Marisa tightly.

"Stop it, you stupid, retarded, idiotic... ugh, you stupid demon!" Kerin yelled at Ryuu, Kerin's voice muffled and nasally from his arm. The stench was too much and he turned away from the demons as Bernkastel turned her demon to mist. Ryuu stunk. He stunk good. It was smokey, like a grilled, rare steak. Kerin could feel his mouth water. No... no! You musn't, you musn't! He couldn't risk it, he could hurt Marisa in the process. He swallowed and pushed his arm into his mouth, almost biting on his arm but kept his grip on Marisa loose. He was almost panting and shivering a little. You can break through it, you can get through this!

"Is that all of them?" Bernkastel said to them. Kerin quickly looked over and scanned the room. There was another camera behind a grate. Kerin hobbled over to his, pulling Marisa with him and punched a hole through the steel grate, crushing the camera as he did so. He scanned again... Yep, that seemed like it.

"Yeah, yeah, that's all of them," Kerin replied irritably. "All I can see. Ugh, just... clean that up." He looked over at Ryuu, who was now standing. He felt no pity for the demon boy, he brought it on himself.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu sat on the ground, a pool of blood around him, mostly of the demons, but quite a bit from him as well. He looked over the demon's body once more. Motionless it remained. Bernkastel walked up to it. And kicked it.

"Hm. I suppose that does." She said.

She then proceeded to walked towards Ryuu. Ryuu expected a retaliation, but was surpised a bit when he didn't get one. She wiped some blood off of his forehead, speaking to him as she marked an x across the demon, and it disappeared in red smoke. Ryuu grunted at the x display. It was all to similar to the implied way Ryuu would mark his kills in his mind. It appears she had marked him literally for him.

"....When you're in the arena. When you fight an opponent? You shouldn't resort to physical attacks which will make you bleed. It'll be hard to stop wounds from infection....Keep that in mind."

Ryuu laughed a bit, still not quite sure what she was playing at. He tried to understand her angle. Bewildered, he remained silent, a half smile on his face, mostly from amazement at her response to this.

"Rest in Peace." She said, as his body evaporated into red smoke.

Bernkastel adjusted her hat, and surveyed the people around her, before looking back down at Ryuu. Ryuu in the meantime was panting a bit still, looking off into the "distance", if you could call it that, and thinking about what had happened, and what he had learned. If there was anything he had learned, it's that this event was going to be a lot more fun than he initially anticipated. Ryuu's thought process was broken as he was helped up by Bernkastel. Ryuu gave her a cold look, before accepting her arm and getting up. Right away, Bernkastel let go of him. Ryuu still eyed her for a bit, quite interested in her, something he wasn't before. To Ryuu, a fight or even a simple conflict could reveal a lot more about someone than a talk. He broke his gaze from her, and sat down in the empty spot on the helicopter.

There was a different approach Ryuu had concluded from this. Leave the competition alone for now, let them be at their best for the Reaping. Then, go on a rampage, the hardest, bloodiest rampage he could muster. It would be tough, at least he knew that for sure. But if it wasn't tough, it wouldn't be fun. And boy, was he going to have some fun.

Back