• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years

Hi there!

I figure that this would be the best place for a newbie to start posting, so... here I am!

I've been an RP'er for just about five or six years, but I've -very- little experience with forum RPs, meaning that I've only ever done... two or three in my entire life, none of which went on for long.

But, I'm hoping I can turn that around with Pokémon, RP and this seemingly -awesome- forum.

So, I suppose what I'm trying to get to is, I'd like to know if anyone's planning on doing some kind of introductionary RP, or at least a 'newb-friendly' RP anytime soon.
I wouldn't mind being able to control either a Trainer or a Pokémon, though a Pokémon sounds pretty exciting to RP out.

I've looked through a few of the RPs here, and one of the ones that caught my eye the most was one where the plot basically was that there was an island with Pokémon, who previously had no contact with any other area in the world, and suddenly, poachers come flooding to the island, and the Pokémon had to avoid/push back the humans. Exciting stuff!

So I'm hoping that I can, with this GIGANTIC wall of text, get someone to help me out :x

Thanks for reading, sorry for the massive post!

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
So, I suppose what I'm trying to get to is, I'd like to know if anyone's planning on doing some kind of introductionary RP, or at least a 'newb-friendly' RP anytime soon.
I wouldn't mind being able to control either a Trainer or a Pokémon, though a Pokémon sounds pretty exciting to RP out.

I've looked through a few of the RPs here, and one of the ones that caught my eye the most was one where the plot basically was that there was an island with Pokémon, who previously had no contact with any other area in the world, and suddenly, poachers come flooding to the island, and the Pokémon had to avoid/push back the humans. Exciting stuff!

So I'm hoping that I can, with this GIGANTIC wall of text, get someone to help me out :x

I think of everyone as equal on here. It's okay to be a newb. I just got here, too :) Everyone's very nice and no one gets kicked out of roleplays for being bad, although I'm pretty sure you'd be a good writer if you've been rping for what, 5 years? :D So don't worry about that at all!

If you want to join an exciting RP, obviously there's a lot to choose from! If that island RP is accepting members I bet they'll let you in :) Otherwise, keep looking! I'd also appreciate it if you even bothered to check out me and my friend's own RP. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272934

But again, don't worry about being new. Everyone here is very generous and would love to have you in their roleplay. Good luck, and I hope you have a good time here.

TheAmazingAipom

searching for a life :D
Years
Hi there!

I figure that this would be the best place for a newbie to start posting, so... here I am!

I've been an RP'er for just about five or six years, but I've -very- little experience with forum RPs, meaning that I've only ever done... two or three in my entire life, none of which went on for long.

But, I'm hoping I can turn that around with Pokémon, RP and this seemingly -awesome- forum.

Welcome! I'm pretty new here too (about a month or so.) This place is great! Dont worry about finding a RP, there are always new ones that come out every few days. Like i said before, im new here but i have joined two RPs and made one of my own so far. It sounds like you are an experienced RPer so you should be fine here. Everyone is nice and helpful!

Also I was wondering how everyone would like a Pokemon/Planet of the Apes crossover?

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Hi Sir Bastain. Welcome to PC, and the RP Corner. If you need any help specifically, drop me a VM and I'll do what I can to assist you.

@Zero Darkness The maps are fine, a bit general, but if you're not looking for anything specific, then they're ok.

Silver Rogue

RolePlayer
Years
@ Sir Bastain Welcome! Good to have another roleplayer joining! And just to let you know, not every roleplay here is pokemon based. I find that some of the ones that dont have pokemon are some of the most interesting! Not to say that pokemon roleplays arent fun, as they are very very very....very......very........very much fun. Isnt that right Supervegeta? ;)

And as to being a noob, dont worry about it! I remember myself being a noob like it was yesterday! (and by yesterday I mean about 10 months ago...) There I was, joining the community, never having done a roleplay in my life! It was.....well.....I was pretty terrible. My logical side is telling me to tell the truth, and my egotistical side is telling me to brag about my completely awesome roleplaying skills. Dang you split personalities!!!

Completely honest now, dont worry about it. Skill comes with time and patience. Both of which I have none of. :D

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Awh. You guys sure know how to make a guy feel welcome!
Thanks alot for all of the tips and help, I'll be sure to give it some thought!
And yeah, I did check out the Disease Deoxys RP (Which seems like a -really- cool idea, not to mention the awesome art for it), I just figured it might've been a little too... evolved for me, if you know what I mean ;P

Still though, thank you all for the warm welcome! Hope to see you about in any kind of RP soon!

Years
Hi there!

Awh. You guys sure know how to make a guy feel welcome!
Thanks alot for all of the tips and help, I'll be sure to give it some thought!
And yeah, I did check out the Disease Deoxys RP (Which seems like a -really- cool idea, not to mention the awesome art for it), I just figured it might've been a little too... evolved for me, if you know what I mean ;P

Still though, thank you all for the warm welcome! Hope to see you about in any kind of RP soon!
Welcome to the RP Corner~! Well if you want a beginner-friendly RP, I'd definitely want you to check out Pokemon Trainer Academy. I think it's the newb-friendliest roleplay I've ever seen and the GMs there are very helpful. :) Or since you prefer playing as a Pokemon, perhaps a PMD RP may suit. PMD RPs tend to be straightforward, like the games, and I've never come across any that's not newb-friendly. ;) Once again, welcome~

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
WELCOME. WELCOME. WELCOME. WELCOME. WELCOME.

So, I'll change 'Funniest' to 'Most Entertaining', but I'll keep the emblem the same. <:

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Look! It's me! Blaziken15 with his new account. I took a little break to improve my skills and I think I have. With a new RPing style, I have a new account so I have a fresh start.

I'm so glad to see you guys again and I'm ready to RP again!

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
Years
Hi there!

Hey, welcome to PC! Sorry for the last welcome, me forgot to look at the Roleplay Discussion Thread for a while. xD I hope you have fun roleplaying here, cya 'round. :3

Look! It's me! Blaziken15 with his new account. I took a little break to improve my skills and I think I have. With a new RPing style, I have a new account so I have a fresh start.

I'm so glad to see you guys again and I'm ready to RP again!

Hmm... i have a feeling u'v been here before....... who could u be? jk jk! Welcome back Blaziken! :P

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
If I were to start a roleplay based on the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance) would anyone be interested? Would anyone have any suggestions for plot or tweaks to it? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
If I were to start a roleplay based on the Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance) would anyone be interested? Would anyone have any suggestions for plot or tweaks to it? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
There was one only some weeks ago, but it didn't kick off at all. Hope you'll do better :3

[SIZE="a"]

I think this rp will be interesting. Please join[/SIZE]

I'm making an Rp about wolves. Anyone interested?
You just advertised another RP about wolves :p why not join that one?

EDIT: oh, you already did. Haha my wrong :3

EDIT2: Oh, it was already closed... hm, then I guess it wouldn't be strange at all if you want to make a new RP about wolves.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
What kinds of RP's do you guys want to see around here. I've been itching to start a huge one with lots of players. How about you guys?

As far as I know, most people wanted a Medieval RP some time ago :P As of now, I'm making it, but it's going really slowly xD;;

But other than that, since I'm not very active nowadays, I'd very much like a slow moving RP. :D

TiTaN.JuStIn

Fighting the army of Stress...
Years
What kinds of RP's do you guys want to see around here. I've been itching to start a huge one with lots of players. How about you guys?

An RP where there are a lot of players... I know this might sound weird, but how about a pokemon tournament RP? Have like 16 RPers make SUs of the characters they're gonna use in the RP and battle via a joint post? That's just my idea.

Overall, I'm itching for a 'play as pokemon' RP. lol

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
An RP where there are a lot of players... I know this might sound weird, but how about a pokemon tournament RP? Have like 16 RPers make SUs of the characters they're gonna use in the RP and battle via a joint post? That's just my idea.

Overall, I'm itching for a 'play as pokemon' RP. lol

Well Disease Deoxys is very active right now! ^^ Some people are sick of RPing as Pokemon but I think it's fine~ You might be interested in this roleplay, Justin! Just saying~

Years
hmm i have small question i have polplayed on many sites but i'm not quite sure how to start an rp here do i like send what i havee to the moderators of the forum or do i just post a thread and it gets approved?? i'm just wonderinf for future reference :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back