• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Me thinks that the challenges forum should have an irc channel (just sayin) <_<

I have been thinking about starting one for a while now. Once I like...figure out what to do, maybe I'll get to making one. ;) And btw don't double post. Just edit what else you wanna say into your last post. I'll merge those, just edit it next time you have this situation. :)

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

I have been thinking about starting one for a while now. Once I like...figure out what to do, maybe I'll get to making one. ;) And btw don't double post. Just edit what else you wanna say into your last post. I'll merge those, just edit it next time you have this situation. :)

But I said I was sorry D:<

Lol, I just think it'd be a good idea.

Oh btw Syd, did you check out my thread for your special challenge : D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yes! haha, Love it. :) Even the blinding lime green text. idk why but every time I see that color, I think of candy, so it makes me happy and idc that it hurts my eyes lmao.

Years

Pokemon Clubs have one, so we can have one too :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Lots of forums have one haha. Trade Corner does, I'm usually in there. When I get home from work tomorrow (don't have time tonight, sorry) I will work on it. :)

thenickel09

Lurker
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

KadabraK

pokeboy
Years
  • Age 28
  • ohio
  • Seen Mar 29, 2020
Perhaps a challenge where you take the uh..first 6 letters from your forum name, find pokemon that fit in that category (fully evolved ones), and use those in your run?

for example: kadabr

Kanghaskhan
Alakazam
Dugtrio
Arcanine
Blastoise
Raichu

Could use a nickname or your real name instead of forum name to make it easier, simpler, etc.

I'm not sure if anyone has came up with this, but it could be called "The Name Challenge". I wouldn't mind hosting it. The same concept could be used on all 5 regions and make it an ultimate challenge as well.

Thoughts?

Format could be something like
Name you're going by (min. 4 letters, max. 6):
Games:

And just update your progress, etc.

NVM: Found the one I actually suggested! I'll have to take the challenge sometime. So I guess it wasn't a suggestion, haha.

Last edited:

KadabraK

pokeboy
Years
  • Age 28
  • ohio
  • Seen Mar 29, 2020
I think this has been done before.. So yeah, what would I have to use with "1"? :3

Well, ignore the 11, and just use wildy.

I don't know if it's been done before or not, I don't see a topic about it so I think it has potential.

Only issue is with people who have extremely hard names for finding pokemon, but I can't think of anything that would be difficult.

I lied.. I found the thing and here I thought I had a great idea! Shout out to InfernoRogue I guess, haha. It's called The Username Challenge, no wonder I didn't recognize it.

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Well, ignore the 11, and just use wildy.

I don't know if it's been done before or not, I don't see a topic about it so I think it has potential.

Only issue is with people who have extremely hard names for finding pokemon, but I can't think of anything that would be difficult.

I lied.. I found the thing and here I thought I had a great idea! Shout out to InfernoRogue I guess, haha. It's called The Username Challenge, no wonder I didn't recognize it.

Yeah, I've completed it before, twice I think even. It was/is a pretty popular challenge.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Guys, just so you know, if you stop by the irc chat and notice I'm not there or I'm not talking or I'm just asleep, feel free to still stick around. Or if you've stopped by and not bothered staying cause it's not active, that's just how irc can be sometimes. I'm in an active tradecorner chat and even it gets inactive. But to increase activity in there, it does help if you join the chat and actually stick around. I made this for you guys, and it makes me a little sad that I've only seen a few of you in there, and not even for that long. :(

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for, but most regulars haven't been in there. It's mostly been other mods (they probably feel bad for me having a dead irc lol) and some non-challenge regulars, and that makes me sad. :(

11wildy

Me!
Years
Well, when I tried it it somehow didn't work and going on holiday tomorrow, so I might need a new challenge to do. Or a fun type for leafgreen. Any suggestions? :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Did you click the link? And then type in a nickname? And hmm. I'm having fun with my monocolor. You should try that if you haven't already! Pink monocolor! ;)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So Nuzlocke's challenges aren't really that hard. ): even tho i was down to one pokemon at one point. Since I'll be done with that one pretty soon, anyone got any suggestions of challenges I should do next? n_n

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Pokemon: Region's End Challenge (REC)

Okay, I wrote up a super rushed challenge, before a little bit of refinement. Now, I want to post this on PC, but FIRST, I want to smooth out anything that may seem confusing. Tell me anything that seems confusing or anything that would prevent you from the joining the challenge:

Pokemon: Region's End Challenge
Objective:
After answering questiosn about how you would go about the
events of your Region's End, you get specified rules. The
Region's End storyline does not exist outside of the questions
and is only to help decide your custom rules.

Rules/How to Play:
Spoiler:

The Four Questions:
Spoiler:

Your REC rules:
Whatever rule corresponds with the letter you chose
for the given question is teh rule you must follow in the
challenge.
Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form:
Spoiler:

Loopholes/Extra:
Spoiler:

Years
I had an idea of doing a Team Magma/Aqua challenge. You would choose a team and your pokemon would have to correspond. Magma would get Fire and Ground. Aqua would get Water and Dark. They cannot intertwine though; for example, Swampert, Quagsire, etc. would be banned because they are both Water and Ground. There would be exceptions, though, Magma can use Mightyena and Absol, and a few other dark types. They would both be able to use the Crobat line, the Weezing line, Raticate line, Linoone line, Watchog line, etc. The only problem I think is that I feel like it's kind of just another "here's the criteria, so pick a pokemon" game, but it's new!

Also, has anyone thought about the alphabet challenge before? I though I saw it here but I don't see it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back