• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the News will be on the 8th of January?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altix

Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark
Years
well the best possible situation is they created living pokemon and wanted to test pilot it in North America... but that's crazy. My realistic hope is that it will be a Pokemon Emerald 3data remake.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I highly doubt whatever is announced will come out all the way in September. I believe they will come before that. I'm certain Nintendo is really pushing Game Freak to get these out for the 3DS as soon as possible to boost the 3DS sales, ESPECIALLY in the west which makes me believe the gap between the Japanese/English release may be the smallest gap we've seen between Pokemon games. I mean, we are getting a simultaneous announcement and the 3DS is in dire need of a game like Pokemon to boost its sales in the west so I'm sure they'll want to push it out internationally as soon as possible.

They never announce a game 9 months before release. The only time they revealed one 9 months+ before release was D/P which was because they had planned it for release in 2005, but it got delayed until 2006. Whenever they plan to release games in September, they reveal them in April/May - NOT all the way in January.

Years
I highly doubt whatever is announced will come out all the way in September. I believe they will come before that. I'm certain Nintendo is really pushing Game Freak to get these out for the 3DS as soon as possible to boost the 3DS sales, ESPECIALLY in the west which makes me believe the gap between the Japanese/English release may be the smallest gap we've seen between Pokemon games. I mean, we are getting a simultaneous announcement and the 3DS is in dire need of a game like Pokemon to boost its sales in the west so I'm sure they'll want to push it out internationally as soon as possible.

They never announce a game 9 months before release. The only time they revealed one 9 months+ before release was D/P which was because they had planned it for release in 2005, but it got delayed until 2006. Whenever they plan to release games in September, they reveal them in April/May - NOT all the way in January.

Would June or July be a better opening if 6th Gen were announced tomorrow? Because we still got that Genesect movie in July, meaning Ash will still be in Unova for a little bit longer afterwards, which would put the release near the end of July or beginning of August, in which we would still have to wait atleast a couple of months before they go international.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
This is kind of not serious but I keep seeing these posts on Tumblr speculating and two of the funnier ones were "Ash is finally going to turn 11" and one referencing Pokemon's tweet and saying "GUYS WE'RE GETTING POKEMON IN REAL LIFE"

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
With less than 4 Hours and 57 Minutes away from the BIG POKEMON ANNOUNCEMENT
We can Pretty Much Guess Its not going to be a Spin Off Game

They have never done something this big for a Spin Off Game why start now?

It will Most Likely either be Hoenn Remakes or 6th Gen

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Masuda talks about the announcement!

At last! The time has come.

On Tuesday, 8th of January. At 8.00pm of Japan time,
we will announce some Pokémon news to everyone!!
I would like everyone to check it out!

I would like everyone to share this moment with
your family, love ones, friends and colleagues!!

Of course, everyone who love Pokémon,
but those who don't know Pokémon yet are also welcome to join us!

I want everybody to check this info, therefore
please spread and share this information at office,
school, club activities, any circle!!
I would like everyone to share and spread this news widely!

In Japan You can check official Pokémon website at 8:00PM on January the 8th.

For the exact time of the announcement in your time zone, please check the official Nintendo website.
You can find the links below.

I am also looking forward to it!

http://www.gamefreak.co.jp/blog/dir_english/?p=556

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Guys, don't know If it has been posted but I discovered this: http://mynintendonews.com/2013/01/0...on-wii-u-application-being-revealed-tomorrow/

Just a rumor, but god that sounds good. I would flip for this.

It claims it has only Pokemon from Generations 1-4 Plus it has 20 New Pokemon

Also Claiming a Wii U App to be released alongside of it

This is not a Rumor its just Complete ********

EDIT: Plus it doesn't even sound like a good game

WOOO

Can't wait for the anouncment

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
I don't know why two sources (one being bogus) talks about this one pokeman, but Dracoeon sounds and looks hideous.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Last edited:

kammond

Huh
Years
This "Pokémon Rainbow" better not be real.

This is kind of not serious but I keep seeing these posts on Tumblr speculating and two of the funnier ones were "Ash is finally going to turn 11" and one referencing Pokemon's tweet and saying "GUYS WE'RE GETTING POKEMON IN REAL LIFE"
Ahahah that's great.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Wait a sec, they could be celebrating Pokémon's 17th anniversary. Or wait... could it be some other anniversary of a company linked towards Pokémon? Like Game Freak?

If so, then it would explain why the announcement that they're making is huge.

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
Wait a sec, they could be celebrating Pokémon's 17th anniversary. Or wait... could it be some other anniversary of a company linked towards Pokémon? Like Game Freak?

If so, then it would explain why the announcement that they're making is huge.
[sarcasm]Yes Because they will totally be celebrating for the 17th Anniversery WHICH HAPPENED LAST YEAR....[/sarcasm]

1. That Happened Last Year
2. 17 isn't even significant Maybe 20 is but not 17

-_-

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... if that Pokémon Rainbow rumor is true... then it would definitely mean that it's a standalone game for Generation VI. And only 20 Pokémon would make it a very short generation.

Yep, sounds too good to be true.

Ah well, we'll see what they'll announce at the Pokémon Direct presentation. Only two hours to go!!! So exciting!!! :D

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
They still haven't announced it yet?
Better be something huge! xD

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
The fact that they put the classifications up means that we are getting game play footage, I'm almost certain.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I am staying up just for this. I am honestly really psyched for this. I'm really feeling this is Gen 6 but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back