• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Java Kit

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
Years
As much as I love editors, the ones that are made in Java look terrible. It's still a neat idea and can let you separate and abstract things better than GameMaker would.

I've actually found something that can make that ugly GUI look better. It will give you a native window but it's up to you to use actually use it. An article here.

Years
As much as I love editors, the ones that are made in Java look terrible. It's still a neat idea and can let you separate and abstract things better than GameMaker would.

I've actually found something that can make that ugly GUI look better. It will give you a native window but it's up to you to use actually use it. An article here.

Alright, this one's in C++ and it's not for my kit before you ask (I made this long before I decided my kit).

View attachment 66604

Also forgot to say, the battle folder contains:

Pokemon Sprites -- Obviously the Pokemon Battle Sprites (debating to sub front and back folders)
Battle Backgrounds -- Obviously the Backgrounds for battles
-- Battle Characters Folder --
Pokemon -- Pokemon Data Storage
Trainers -- Trainer Data Storage (I'll split this into trainer types and trainers)

Also notice that I created 2 different map types, one which will be a regular map editor and the other (which will take a while) will be a fully featured 3D map editor.

Anyways, I'll check out the link for less ugly windows.

Years
  • Seen Dec 15, 2012
nice but seriously think about the graphics and stuff AND THAT WOULD BE COMPLETLY AWESOME! check out my thread about ideas if it gets approved

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
RPG-Maker costs money? I was kinda creating my own Java RPG-Maker too, but then I discovered Essentials and was satisfied :) (Yes I know this is not very logical)

Nevertheless I'm willing to help you, since I support Free Software. Going to make it open source too?

EDIT: Oh, and about the GUI: Java has something called "Look & Feel" where you can manipulate everything. Just ain't nobody got time for dat. I would really like you to stick to Java for the usability on all systems without annoying compiling...

Back