• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I'd like to know where you found invisible stuff blocking your way, and which maps are messed up.
On second thought, I think I know what invisible stuff you are refering, well I made so to save a few Script Events (but if it doesn't look good may I put something there?)
The old man is fixed for next version, so does the title screen (I've done it after creating the patch a while ago), and the red jewel was already posted in my list of glitches.
I'd need to replace a sprite for Sudo, since this is FR. And about berries, I may have an idea about how to implement them, however, we wont see berry trees for some time (I prefer to dedicate my time for the main part of the game, the story)

Please don't ask me to change the trainer's Pokémon. That aspect must remain intact, else it would not be a remake (Besides, that's why I'm adding a few extras here and there...)

About music... well, I guess that's a tough cookie, so I'll skip it for now...

Good luck, and remember to check out the list of known glitches!

PS: It wasn't really a short time. I started hacking like three months ago, and I had a little experience hacking the original Gold a few years ago (wow, those were good times...)

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
sigue asi hermano vas por buen camino la verdad

it follows thus brother you go by good way the truth

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, since it was time for me to try my hand at tile changing, and thanks to sena82, and specially to gameguy for their contribution with tiles, I think I was able to create the Bellsprout Tower *new Version* (probably I'll find problems, sooner or later, when needing to deal with the behaviours, we'll see when the time comes)

towerxu8.png

Does it look good? If I was able to do this, I think I may get better and better from now on, (specially when I consider myself a scripter more than a spriter). I need to keep on practicing...

What am I supposed to do with all those midis? (for now I can only, let's say, hear them and have a good time when hacking:P )

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Well, since it was time for me to try my hand at tile changing, and thanks to sena82, and specially to gameguy for their contribution with tiles, I think I was able to create the Bellsprout Tower *new Version* (probably I'll find problems, sooner or later, when needing to deal with the behaviours, we'll see when the time comes)

towerxu8.png

Does it look good? If I was able to do this, I think I may get better and better from now on, (specially when I consider myself a scripter more than a spriter). I need to keep on practicing...

What am I supposed to do with all those midis? (for now I can only, let's say, hear them and have a good time when hacking:P )

your welcome :) nice to help

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
Just asking are you trying to make the day and night and pokegear feature
Also the sliding panel in Ruins of Alph

Years
Wow, ive played a little bit of the beta, and its much better then some other remakes i have played, and ya there are some glitches like on roads that lead somewhere, you cant walk on certain squares, no river that leads to the pokemon league :P, and a few others if you want i could name, but in any case, very good job.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
I just got another bit of free time (probably tomorrow'll be less times), and so I'll answer to itsaplanet, and to anyone else who could have the same questions. For now there's no Pokégear, (I forgot I answered this one before the thread got deleted), probably there could be something similar (don't know, but it really seems hard also). The phone will still call though...
The day/night feature could be implemented based on a certain event, but it wont be real time. Besides, this feature wont be tried to be implemented till I have quite a lot of the game done.
And the sliding panel... Is there any need for it?, try not to ask for so much. If I'd do it, then I'd probably be working for Nintendo... :D

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Very, VERRY great beta! I only just started playing, but I'm already getting that Johto feel of the game. There were a few things you dint add in(like the PokeGear) but thats OK, I don't think it would have been possible anyway, and even if it was, it would have taken you ages and the beta wouldnt be released. Anyway, good luck and keep up the good work!

(There WAS somethin; strange though, when I step foot into the first route after I met Prof Elm, a trained dropped from the sky....He wasn't there before I went to Elms Lab, thats for sure. And that Carlos guy, right after I fought him, he stayed there, but after I took 2 steps or so, he disappeared! Strange, but funny glitches.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2008
I really like this hack but there are a few glitches:

There's a glitch between route 29 and cherrygrove city where two tile on either side are solid, now that I've checked, this happens alot. I think it ahs to do with the conenctions between cities only being two tiles thick. Also Cherrygrove City's name doesn't pop up when you enter it.

The beach in Cherrygrove has a few out of place tiles.

Despite all of those your hack is excellent and you're a great scripter.

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2016
zel thousands of thnx in bringing a beta for this gold and its looking awesome.Keep up the good work.

zel thousands of thnx in bringing a beta for this gold and its looking awesome.Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
the radio feature in pokegear is awesome
I think if you don't have any time with the pokegear you could just add a radio in some houses with random text and the music
I like Pokemon March I wish I could hear it again

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
It's an awesome hack man.

As y'know, there are a few little glitches, but nothing all that major. Just movement restrictions really (like how come we can't walk behind buildings.

But yeah, it's a mad hack (thanks for putting Roselia in).

My only biff with it is some of the graphics and sprites. Your scripting is very well done, but I just can't not notice your sprites.

If you want any help or pointers at all with them just PM me.

Anyways, keep it up and good luck with it!

andreas2

typhlosion master trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 2, 2007
Amazing

YOUR HACK IS AMAZING!!! keep on the good work!! it's one of the best hacks ever!!!!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
As Zel has said before, he's focusing more on the scripting than the spriting, so it could be a while.

Now I haven't played G/S/C in a while, but does anyone else feel that it's been too easy?

Not that I mind, I was just suprised how strong my pokemon got - my starter evolved before I beat Falkaner.

Also, is there any point in defeating that Fighter in Dark Cave?

And I hate it how we had to stop at Azalea Town :(

ash_ketchum5

Future Pokemon Pearl Owner
Years
i found gold hard... but the jhoto games were exelent! the bg sounds, the buildings the new stuff.... i just love it!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
(There WAS somethin; strange though, when I step foot into the first route after I met Prof Elm, a trained dropped from the sky....He wasn't there before I went to Elms Lab, thats for sure. And that Carlos guy, right after I fought him, he stayed there, but after I took 2 steps or so, he disappeared! Strange, but funny glitches.)

I wonder which trainer dropped from the sky?, can you specify the route, or give me a bit more of information?, since I'm confused...

the radio feature in pokegear is awesome
I think if you don't have any time with the pokegear you could just add a radio in some houses with random text and the music
I like Pokemon March I wish I could hear it again

Well, I wish I could bring the music from G/S back again into the advance world, but I have no musical talent, and I don't know (yet) how to handle music in hacks.

As y'know, there are a few little glitches, but nothing all that major. Just movement restrictions really (like how come we can't walk behind buildings.

My only biff with it is some of the graphics and sprites. Your scripting is very well done, but I just can't not notice your sprites.

Well, as you know I'm just starting to change a few tiles, and about sprites, I think there wont be too much changes. I like FR graphics, so I'll edit only when necessary.

hey, when are you going ta edit the title screen?

I think I already said the title screen was edited. So, I'll make an exception for you, and show it:

introao9.png

It may not be much, but it serves its purpose.

Now I haven't played G/S/C in a while, but does anyone else feel that it's been too easy?

Not that I mind, I was just suprised how strong my pokemon got - my starter evolved before I beat Falkaner.

Also, is there any point in defeating that Fighter in Dark Cave?

And I hate it how we had to stop at Azalea Town :(

Well, there have been changes in movesets and stats, so perhaps they made the advance generation a little more easy, perhaps? And, by the way, did you remember Johto starters evolved in different levels?, I think Cynda is the one to evolve quickly (like lv14), while Toto is the one to take a bit longer.
Regardless the fighter in Dark Cave, you can...
Spoiler:

Well, with all the questions answered. It's time for me to go back to script Ecruteak.

Wait, I'm forgetting something... Before I start, what do you guys think about the new rivals I mentioned in the previous page, do you think you can build a team with another person? (It would have to be 3-3, one person would post his/her three poke, and the other their three, of course you'd need to tell me which person you are tagging with. If you have a battle sprite, feel free to send it. And remember, the new rival is a couple of male&female, so if you are two males one will have to play the role of the female, I wonder...?:embarrass )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back