• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
A-Text And Components?

I Have A Real Question This Time- Does Anyone Know A Good Text Editor? (IDK why, But Advance Text Won't Work For Me All Of A Sudden... Also, Why Is The Comctl32.oxc component an MP3 file, Cuz I downloaded Media Player, And It Won't Work....)

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
I created new maps is a fire red rom, and i can't run in them,but i can run in routes i created. Can someone help me fix this, i would really appreciate this.

Years
so did no one see this or is it no one can answer it??
What do you mean by changing the weather?

Movesets aren't very hard to change, just a little time consuming. If you don't have a list of attacks and numbers, you'll need to go find one. You could look a scripting thread, a fair few should have them.

I don't have a pointer for the first moveset, but it can be found quite easily.
Well here's how it is set out.
01 02 Means a Pokemon will learn pound at level 1.
01 is the attack.
02 is the level multiplied by two.

So as another example:
3F 31
If we start with the level, 31 = 49. Which isn't a multiple of two. Therefore we need to look at it another way.
3F01 30
3F01 is the attack, and the level is now 48/2(=24)
So if the attack number is above FF, we need to add one to the level.

Maybe that's a little hard to understand, so here's a link as to how to do it with DPP but it's the same thing. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131283

To find Bulbasaurs moveset (The first one) search for Bulbasaur's Ruby moveset which can be found at a site like bulbapedia or serebii.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
It will looke the same, you only have to make sure the colors are 8 numeric increments, so if you have a Red: of 63 a Blue of 45 and a Green of 62 it should be changed to a Red of 62, a Blue of 45 and Green of 62. The color shift is minuscule so nobody will really see the difference.

just edit the script by the stairs and remove any checkflags, or just remove the script entirely.

Does it mean for all sprites (OW, battle/profile sprites) as long as you increase the numerics by small miniscule increments you can have more than 16 colours? Are the 256 colour palettes for OW, battle and profile sprites the same within one game (e.g. Fire Red). I mean is there a guide on or link to the colour palette for fire red?

Last edited:

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Hey, People!
I have a Warping question:
I made 2 perfectly maps(no tile errors, multiple warps etc...). Then I made 2 warps connecting the maps.If I click the "Goto" button, the warping works perfectly, but when I try it in my Hack(the player steps through the door)the game turns black and it freezes.
Any ideas to fix this?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hey, People!
I have a Warping question:
I made 2 perfectly maps(no tile errors, multiple warps etc...). Then I made 2 warps connecting the maps.If I click the "Goto" button, the warping works perfectly, but when I try it in my Hack(the player steps through the door)the game turns black and it freezes.
Any ideas to fix this?
You enlarged the map. You have to leave the size of the room you warped into. Try fixing that, and if it doesn't work, come back here :)

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2014
Can anyone tell mehow or tell me where ican learn how to change the OW of the hero during the game?

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
What do you mean by changing the weather?

Movesets aren't very hard to change, just a little time consuming. If you don't have a list of attacks and numbers, you'll need to go find one. You could look a scripting thread, a fair few should have them.

I don't have a pointer for the first moveset, but it can be found quite easily.
Well here's how it is set out.
01 02 Means a Pokemon will learn pound at level 1.
01 is the attack.
02 is the level multiplied by two.

So as another example:
3F 31
If we start with the level, 31 = 49. Which isn't a multiple of two. Therefore we need to look at it another way.
3F01 30
3F01 is the attack, and the level is now 48/2(=24)
So if the attack number is above FF, we need to add one to the level.

Maybe that's a little hard to understand, so here's a link as to how to do it with DPP but it's the same thing.

To find Bulbasaurs moveset (The first one) search for Bulbasaur's Ruby moveset which can be found at a site like bulbapedia or serebii.

o coolio that helps alot thanks
and when i said changing the weather i meant is there a way to make one town or route snow or rain or stuff like that??
o and if its not too much trouble i havnt been able to find the bytes for the fire red starters..
i assumed if i searched 010004000700 i would find the info but i found a line like this changed the codes and nuthin changed..
i also searched different combinations of the codes (040001000700, 070001000400, etc.) and changed them all and nuthin changed..
and if ur wonderin why im using hexedit for all this its cuz i have a mac and this is all i can do right now...
once i fix this pc i have ima make a hack and this is just sumpthin to do in the meantime hehe

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
QUESTION for EMERALD:

HOW can I make it so that UNLESS I set the clock in the beginning, I am NOT allowed to leave my room?

Meaning, if I try to exit my room without setting the clock, a message says "I have to set the clock first".

Help.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Omg, can someone help me?
I wanted to create SOUTHERN ISLAND from Emerald onto FireRed, right?
I'm lazy, so I saved Emerald's map data and inserted it into FireRed.
Obviously the tiles were off so I fixed them, set up my tileset, deleted all events and wild pokemon and made sure that all header info was "okay". But whenever I try to edit the map (after inserting it), a popup says "Canvas does not allow drawing".

What's going on? Do I HAVE to make the whole thing from scratch? I know it's not that hard, but I'm just lazy.
I had that exact same problem.
How to remedy:
1. Open your map.
2. Go to "header" view.
3. Change the Border block L and W to 2x2.
4. Make a new border.
5. Save.

Done!

Years
o coolio that helps alot thanks
and when i said changing the weather i meant is there a way to make one town or route snow or rain or stuff like that??
o and if its not too much trouble i havnt been able to find the bytes for the fire red starters..
i assumed if i searched 010004000700 i would find the info but i found a line like this changed the codes and nuthin changed..
i also searched different combinations of the codes (040001000700, 070001000400, etc.) and changed them all and nuthin changed..
and if ur wonderin why im using hexedit for all this its cuz i have a mac and this is all i can do right now...
once i fix this pc i have ima make a hack and this is just sumpthin to do in the meantime hehe
I don't know anything about mac's but isn't there some sort of program that set's up an environment where you can use windows programs...
Memory's being stretched a bit now.
Changing the weather's a pain to find. I can't remember if it's in the map header or footer. Probably the header. Too bad I can't remember a good way to find it.

Now as for starters, if memory serves me it's apart of a script unlike ruby. I think it's a setvar the value to a variable. This makes it a little harder to find.
Try searching for 16 00 40 07 00 or 16 01 40 07 00. Search for squirtle or charmander as they will be less common in the ROM than the 0x1 of bulbasaur. If neither of those two work, keep increasing that second byte in your search.
I'd go check for you but I don't have any ROM hacking programs on this computer.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2009
hehe, sorry, i'm a noob

Hi! Me.... Ughain........ Ok, I'm Pretty Sure This Is A Hacking Related Question And I've Searched All Over Google, No One Can Tell Me *inhales DEEPLY*----- What Is A Rom Base And How Do I Use Them(or It/one)?

Last edited:

Cholo

Moveset Breeder
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Now as for starters, if memory serves me it's apart of a script unlike ruby. I think it's a setvar the value to a variable. This makes it a little harder to find.
Try searching for 16 00 40 07 00 or 16 01 40 07 00. Search for squirtle or charmander as they will be less common in the ROM than the 0x1 of bulbasaur. If neither of those two work, keep increasing that second byte in your search.
I'd go check for you but I don't have any ROM hacking programs on this computer.

ok cool i'll try that
thanks uve been very helpful :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2014
OMG how the **** do we do this!?

If I want to use FR/LG houses in Emerald, can someone explain me how to do it? I am so annoyed. I've tried pasting the new house onto the older ones in paint and loading into A-MAP, but it's so messed up.

Please, this is the last thing I need to learn(everything else, is mostly done), before I finalize my hack.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hi! Me.... Ughain........ Ok, I'm Pretty Sure This Is A Hacking Related Question And I've Searched All Over Google, No One Can Tell Me *inhales DEEPLY*----- What Is A Rom Base And How Do I Use Them(or It/one)?

Well, a ROM base is just like an IPS patch to a ROM hack... except it changes pallets/graphics/sprites, or other useful things for the game.
You need to have a copy of the ROM you are going to use, and the ROM base patch.
You will also need to get Lunar IPS, the program used to combine the Patch, and the ROM.
Once that is done, your ROM should be quite different, as it will look like the creator of the ROM base intended it to look like. "Keep in mind, some bases are made for certain ROMs, and should only be used with the ROM's they were intended for.)

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2010
Erm..anyone can teach me how to insert the intro sprite?

This is what I got when I inserted
Spoiler:

I'm working on a Fire Red btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back