• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Showcase] Way Regained

Years
I don't think I can say this enough, but I love love your work. The colours, the effects, the everything. You're probably one of my fave GFXers, I wish I could be your student, lol.

On this page, this one stood out
cjj8dlD.png

The fact you managed to make a manga scan into an awesome sig? Amazing! I love it ♥

~Hiso

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Thank you, Hiso! <3; I admit, though, I'm not as good with manga scans as I am with renders. They're much more difficult to work with. ;_______; The one you pointed out is probably my only manga-scan based work. So I guess I should get some leeway, you know, with it being my first tag of the kind and whatnot. :p Anyway, glad to hear you like it! :D

I don't have much when it comes to updates but I guess this'll suffice for a while. With my last update being sort of gargantuan and all, lol.

hdkln6X.png

Protagonist of Gintama - Sakata Gintoki.

You know, One Piece is my fave show. But I'm obsessed with Gintama right now. This show needs to be watched by more people. It is not nearly as popular as shows like Naruto and Bleach or even One Piece, I think, and that's a damn shame. Because it is, in my eyes, an excellent show. I'd place it higher than Bleach and Naruto. JUST below OP because OP can't be dethroned from its place when it comes to my heart. :p I realize no one's gonna read this and whatever I'm writing is just unnecessary but who cares. Can't shut up when it comes to good shows like these. lol

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Dero, I've told you this before but I am such a huge fan of your work. It's remarkable in every single way and I strive to be as good as you one day. Like Alexial said, your diversity in style is what makes you such a special artist. You're work is inspiring to me and I hope I can be as good as you one day. I'm not going to CnC any work at the moment because I'm a bit tired for that right now but I will say that I'm in love with the way you do your colour manipulation. A lot of times I see that sexy "exclusion" look that I've grown to like especially after seeing your work. And I'm liking all this one piece art, especially since one piece has grown to be one of my favourite anime of all time. <333

anyway dero, I hope you keep posting more of your work here. You're like Hawk Eyes while I'm Zoro in the first season ;__;
Also, rotated and resized it for you:
PgEIQJcl.jpg

derozio

Years
Lmao that's too big a difference - an exaggeration, dude! Mihawk and Zoro were worlds apart back then. Besides, you're probably a better gfx artist than I ever could be haha.

No updates this time, guys. Do look out for a sketch or two tomorrow.

derozio

Years
G10Kvvc.jpg

5KXxtJd.jpg

Practicing drawing hands tbh. I'm sorta happy as well as unsatisfied with both lol. No reference used here.

Oh and I'm aware of the fact that I made the hands too small in comparison to the head of the girl in second one. :p also sorry for the lq pics. Phone won't let me upload hq stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I can see you're getting there, Dero. Your eraser marks show me you're using your artistic eye to find the right places. I see you're using guidelines to draw, so you've got your basics down. What you really need is a good dose of Anatomy101!

Your first piece, I think it's great that you're taking on perspective so heavily, but that's a real challenge. Right now, I see your strong point being faces and, oddly enough, hands. Despite being out of line with the characters, your hands are actually surprisingly well drawn. When you're practicing, make sure you take the time to work on the things you're good at.

Since you have an aptitude for faces, let me give you a protip. Learn how to draw hair. Really put forth the effort to draw hair, because it's an easy part of the drawing that you can expand to any corner of the paper. I mean, it's anime, you can have blue hair up the wazoo in those pieces and nobody with think otherwise. But, if you can master that, you can automatically drag your skill up and down the piece, making the audiences eye focus more on the "flow" of the drawing as opposed to the details.

Well done Dero. Keep it up and you'll be a regular master!

derozio

Years
0CZrCEN.jpg

ea3SLUO.jpg

Thanks for the crit, gurl. Imma use dem suggestions in mah next serious drawing. For now - Hair yo. What do you think, Jo?

derozio

Years
eA2mu2P.jpg

Did it in an hour, I think. No reference. Quite happy that I could draw okay-ish female anatomy. Boobs always gave me problems lmao.

edit - another one. Another pose. Mostly same template.
inxqfOJ.jpg

Last edited:

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Hey Dero!! Ahhh thanks so much for your comment on my gallery-- and I'm so sorry this comment is coming so late, I really wanted to give a more meaningful comment since I'm super excited that you're getting into drawing! Your sketches look great so far, but let throw in some tips that'll hopefully help you out a little! I'm by no means knowledgable on a lot of technical details in drawing, so take what I say with a grain of salt-- and anyone who just wants to bust my ass for incorrect advice, please feel free!

Jumping right in, to add to what Alexial said about working on hair, you should consider the weight of your hair. Not like the physical weight, but the way you balance your detailed strands on the inside, versus the strands of the outline. If you look particularly at the second bust of the girl you posted, you'll notice that the strands of her hair that you shaded in are quite fine-- but the overall shape of it, the darker outlines, are quite thick! The contrast can be a bit disorienting, so I would suggest choosing either going all out with the finer hair details-- or going full chunky. (But remember, if you go full chunky, there will still be 'sections' of hair, so you can't leave the inside blank like it is on the first sketch with the outstretched hand!)

Spoiler:

I hope you don't mind if I redlined a bit to show you what I mean-- but on this particular work, I just had three particular places I wanted to point out:

1. I think the fat on the arm would actually push this line so that her forearm appears closer than her upper arm. It's just the positioning of the line to change which side of the elbow the fat appears on, but it's quite important!

2. Her whole body is a bit on the short side! It can be quite interesting, trying to proportion a whole person onto a limited space/piece of paper, but better to sacrifice drawing the knees than to squish her down! This tendency to shorten the torso also appeared in the first sketch with the outstretched hand, so I recommend you pay close attention to how long the torso is in relation to the head!

3. Finally, I highly encourage you not to hide the hands! Especially if you're practicing them-- Hiding an arm behind the back like this ends up in an awkward pose, and a missed opportunity to practice the hand-on-hip pose, which is quite common I find!

There's always stuff to improve on, but I seriously commend you on quite a lot of things that I never realized for the longest time when I started drawing that you seem to have picked right up! I'm super impressed that you've paid attention to where hair parts from out of the head, which is something I straight up ignored and didn't understand until just a year or two ago!! It really adds to a piece in my opinion, so great job on that-- and I'm also impressed by your eye for details most people wouldn't even think to consider at first, such as collarbones and defining the location of the knees.

Great job, I can't wait to see more! *V*

derozio

Years
That was super freaking helpful, Loki. Dunno if you'll read this or not but thank you very much! :)

Spoiler:

With this, I revive my gallery. Because why the heck not?!

Mainly wanted this to have good hair, face and decent-ish cloth physics (wrinkles and folds). I suck at all. So yeah. Then I got lazy and didn't finish the left arm or his pants at all. Lol.

Last edited:

CharizardY

Master of Fire
Years
Really great artwork. While the text is fairly simple it works with this art style. I noticed your designs are consistent which I think is a great thing. Overall I like your style and it's inspiring.

Back