• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Borderlands - This ain't no place for no hero

TY

Beated my first playthrough as Salvador (lvl 35 now), spend around 200,000 on the slot machines. The Warrior was pretty easy to beat, unlike The Destroyer.

Also got my first legendary: Infinity. Tho its base damage is quite low, i love that it has endless ammo.

The second playthrough however (or TVHM), is really tough... I already died 10 times just trying to free Hammerlock...

Xolace

✿♥✿
Years
I've beaten Ultimate Vault Hunter mode twice now. All I can say is take a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold with you. That gun scales remarkably well compared to everything else until about level 56.

Also, try not to think about your gear too much before you start. The majority of it doesn't keep up very well past 53.

Also, make sure you take advantage of Quest reward weapons. Unlike TVHM you don't need to worry about getting a max level one as you can restart the story at any point in the game.

Last but not least, be prepared to see a drastic change. The enemies will kick your butt if you don't play strategically. Unless you're Gaige because let's be honest. She's easy mode.

TY

Threshers... I hate them so much... Especially the wormhole ones. They just pop right in front of you and scare the heck outta you... They are quite easy to deal with, but they scare me so much xD

On the other hand Stalkers are quite annoying without a good lvl shock weapon... they keep going invisible -_-

Years
Decided to play Borderlands 2 again after 8 months of having it sit on my hard drive...
Just finished beating the BNK-3R and secured the Vault Key.

I had a few hours of fun just messing around with Varkids (only in Normal mode now, so up to 4th stage Varkids only :/) and farming Crystalisks in Caustic Caverns.

Threshers... I hate them so much... Especially the wormhole ones. They just pop right in front of you and scare the heck outta you... They are quite easy to deal with, but they scare me so much xD

On the other hand Stalkers are quite annoying without a good lvl shock weapon... they keep going invisible -_-

Agreed. Although the Threshers give me more issues than I think they should.
Oh, and I'm playing as the Commando guy (Axton) and I'm at level 28 right now, in case anyone wants to play on Steam.

TY

Recently got every single DLC, till i found out i missed Captain Scarlett's DLC >.<

Im also enjoying my playthrough with Krieg, its a really awesome character with some sick skills and abilities. The Flame of the Firehawk is pretty effective with him aswell. Currently lvl 15...

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
@Xolace: What system do you play it on?

Yeah, I never really wanted to buy Gaige since her Deathtrap makes the game too easy. I am enjoying Krieg a lot. You know things are intense when you have to sit up in your chair/couch when playing. :D

I just picked up 12 Golden Keys today! Be sure to check this sitefor the latest SHiFT codes

DLC news (source)

Mirrorada said:
Borderlands 2 PAX Panel Info

DLC INFO:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak
  • Level cap pack+ content: adds 11 more levels (will bring level up too 72)
  • $5 price point
  • Coming soon (sometime this fall)
  • Involves Tanis and Lilith.
  • Is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge)
  • Does not require the previous level pack, you'll go to 61 rather than 72.
  • FAQ on the requirements to come soon.

Also Coming Soon (some time this fall)
  • Increased ammo capacity
  • Increased Bank capacity
  • Increased Max Inventory capacity
  • Above increases are Free
  • More character customization Packs coming soon.

Head Hunter Pack T.K. BAHA's BLOODY HARVEST
  • Pricing to be announced later
  • Before Halloween ETA
  • Zombie T.K. Baha
  • Has at least one raid boss, posibly more.
  • W.I.P. so very little info

Other Info Released at Panel
Gearbox Community day will be ONLINE this year September 14th* details may change.
Digital bonuses for those watching, base stream is free, they may have higher teir packs that grant more bonuses
Exclusive heads and skins as part of the bonuses
More info @ Community Day

TY

Yeah i knew about the new DLC and level cap being introduced, and im really looking forward to this.

Also i tried to defeat the Dragons of Destruction in BL2, but it is just not possible solo... My lvl 57 Gunzerker has way too many useless lvl 50 legendaries (even the Unkempt Harold isnt useful in UVHM).

Im also getting Krieg and Maya to 61, and i enjoy Krieg way too much, althrough some of his skills can be annoying (burning yourself, hurting yourself, etc.)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Haven't played this game in a long time. One of my friends Glitched my achievements when he was using my computer and made them all unlock... after that didn't really feel like playing but the season pass is on sale ATM on steam and really thinking about picking it up.

Would it be worth it?

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I've been playing the original Borderlands recently; finally got around to getting the Platinum, and now I'm just cleaning up...I'd like to strangle whoever thought that Moxxi's Underdome and all these collectibles in Claptrap's DLC was a good idea.

I'm looking forward to trying out Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep in the second game, though...I got it with the season pass, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. But she's easily my favourite NPC, and I'm a fan of classic board games, so...win-win combination. xD

TY

I love the Tiny Tina DLC, completed it with my Gunzerker and now im playing it as a Psycho.

Also i have some lvl 50 legendaries i dont really use anymore cause of my level so if anyone wants them just message me and ill drop em (only for PS3).

Also im too struggling with the DLC throphies for BL1, they are kinda hard to find.

TY

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode... I kinda wanna just stop leveling up my Gunzerker and focus on the others, cause this mode is just insane... Enemies nearly insta-kill you, and most of them are bullet-spongy as heck (took 100 shots with dual Unkempt Harolds + The Bee to kill... one Maurader). Also i might have low level weapons (all lvl 50 legendaries or Seraph weapons and a few lvl 54 SMG's, and im lvl 57).

When i get to Sanctuary i use a few of the gold keys since i need some better firepower for sure.

Years
The 2nd UVHM expansion pack sounds a bit too insane for my tastes considering I can barely handle UVHM right now, as it is. I do greatly welcome the soon-to-come increased inventory and bank slots, though.

Finished three DLCs, haven't started on Sir Hammerlock's Hunt yet. Cpt. Scarlett was okay (the Cursed Pirates are just dreadful, though). Torgue's Campaign of Carnage was very entertaining, particularly Mr. Torgue's personality. Tiny Tina's Assault was very sporadic and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

@ShadowExcadrill: I know what you mean...UVHM is indeed hard without on-par equipment (within 3-4 levels of your character). Constructors are my worst nightmare on that difficulty. Especially considering you can't Slag them.

Years
I finally picked this game up today for PC. It's been out for a while and I know I'm a bit late so some catching up is necessary.

TY

Little update... I made UVHM easy thanks to a Slag Dahl sniper which has over 50% chance of slagging someone. Gunzerking the gun with a Jakobs revolver/minigun gives a lot of damage to anything, as i threw my legendaries away for my other characters or i gave them away, i made room for new stuff... Fortunately i got a Logan's Gun out of Wilhelm which is lvl 57.

Cant wait for the extra inventory and ammo slots, i always am full of loot and i run out of ammo quickly even with the Lucky Hoarder class mod

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2013
I'm really hoping to find some more legendary weapons based on how interesting the ones I've already found are but I'm too lazy to farm them so fingers crossed for random drops!

TY

I'm really hoping to find some more legendary weapons based on how interesting the ones I've already found are but I'm too lazy to farm them so fingers crossed for random drops!

Try loot midgets if you play BL2, especially with that ECHO log mission in the Wildlife Preservation mission active (not at Turn In or completed), then 3-4 of them will spawn at the third ECHO location in 4 boxes. They have a high chance of dropping legendaries... I got the Slagga, HellFire and Norfleet from these guys

Years
Huh, how the hell did I miss this thread.

Anywho, I guess you can sign me up for BL2 on PS3. I just started out as Zero, so.

SK_ScytheSOD be my username if you need it, which you most likely do.

TY

Huh, how the hell did I miss this thread.

Anywho, I guess you can sign me up for BL2 on PS3. I just started out as Zero, so.

SK_ScytheSOD be my username if you need it, which you most likely do.

I always wanted to give Zero a try, but i wanted to get Salvador to 61 (which finally happened :D) before i would start a new character (i have 5 characters now aswell :S)

I defeated the dragons, but i want to beat them legit since some jerk used a hacked weapon ;-;
Also im looking for a lvl 61 Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold to make my Gunzerker build complete (i did post in the BL2 forums that im looking for one).

Years
I always wanted to give Zero a try, but i wanted to get Salvador to 61 (which finally happened :D) before i would start a new character (i have 5 characters now aswell :S)

I defeated the dragons, but i want to beat them legit since some jerk used a hacked weapon ;-;
Also im looking for a lvl 61 Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold to make my Gunzerker build complete (i did post in the BL2 forums that im looking for one).

(New avatar, new font theme....I need to cut this out >_>)

That saddening moment when I realize that I don't have any DLC. Well, congrats on your level 61ness. One of my friends used to play this Religiously, now that I think about it. Axton 2 OP

I'm like, level 6. But honestly I haven't been playing it much because of Fallout taking up my time, not to mention FFXIV: We actually did it right Edition. I'll probably get around to playing this game more come my birthday or so, but....too many games coming out.

Back