• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your favorite pokemon game of all time?

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
For me it will be Pokemon Black and White really I like the story surrounding it and the game is really challenging I love it overall.

Cassiopeiia

Floating
Years
Probably Pokémon Pearl, Leaf Green or Gold... It's kind of hard picking one, I have such fond memories with all of them.

I'd say Pearl though. It had a good mixture of cool new Pokémon and old ones, an interesting storyline and villanous team, a likeable region, my favourite champion Cynthia and lots of things to do.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Easily Emerald.
Nice art style, good story, access to Groudon, Kyorge, and Rayquaza and my favorite starter of all time Mudkip. And you can't forget the introduction of the running shoes. Yes they were introduced in Ruby/Sapphire but I give all of 3rd Gen credit for it.

Sporefame19

Amateur Cartographer
Years
Emerald! :D The first Pokemon game I ever played. I loved Mudkip so much I never let it evolve. It's just too cute XD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Black 2 / White 2, its still my favorite of all the Pokemon games - my favorite city in the Pokemon world is there (Castelia City), my top 25 favorite Pokemon are from Unova, and all my greatest memories are in Unova.

Last edited:
Years
It's hard to say, but I'd probably say either Soul Silver or Platinum, both are very well put together, I think Soul Silver uses the touch screen the best out of the DS games and Platinum just took the greatness of Diamond and Pearl and added so much extra content and it just felt great with all of the added features of both Soul Silver and Platinum I just can't decide!

Years
Pokémon Blue for the nostalgic memories and endless hours of playing in the car, on the toilet, in bed and so on.

But Pokémon Sapphire is my overall favourite game I guess. A complete new pokédex, a cool new tropical world, 2 "evil" teams, weather conditions, the first game with cooler and more clean graphics in my opinion. The only game I almost completed the whole pokédex... :p

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Picking a favorite Pokemon game to me is like picking a favorite child, as cliche as that is. I can't pick an all time favorite, I loved them all in some way. But the ones I loved the most were Emerald, HeartGold,Black 2, Platinum and White.

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
My favorite has to be Ruby version as it is the game I enjoyed the most out of all the 3rd Generation games.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Most likely Soulsilver. They made it so good that it actually beat out the nostalgia i have for the originals. I was amazed when it first came out.

Years
I've always said that Emerald is my favorite game, even though it's one of the ones that I've never owned. The combination of fighting both Team Aqua and Magma was a big plus in itself, but the addition of the Battle Frontier really kept me busy, and I'd almost go as far as saying that it brought me back into the series.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Pokemon Puzzle League/Challenge, because it's that kick butt puzzler Panel de Pon in Pokemon's clothing.

A non-cheat answer, which'd probably rank at about second place is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team for the DS. Best Pokemon game I've ever played, which probably means I need to check out some of the more recent things they've been doing.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
mine is heartgold. it really improved upon the touch screen feature and for me it didnt have a single bad point.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
In my personal opinion it's Silver, not necessarily because it's the best one, but mainly because of personal experiences with it. The second generation was the newest one when Pokemon was at its peak here, so obviously it was the second generation games which most people played. And we played it for hours on end, every day after school, although people were much more interested in the third generation games when they came out, me included, however I lost my Ruby shortly after I completed the game, and went back to my Silver. That lead to a whole lot of hours of gameplay, and a whole lot of memories which is why it'll forever be my favourite Pokemon game ;')

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Stadium was my favorite, I could play pokemon without scrounging around for batteries, and boy did I love that sushi minigame.

Back