• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Years
I just finished the third book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series (the Game of Thrones series), called A Storm of Swords. Absolutely a fantastic series thus far, you should definitely check it out if you're into fantasy books.

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
Years
(I feel really stupid for reading comics when all y'alls are reading classy literature :P ) I'm also reading Arthur C. Clarke's (you guessed it) 2001: A Space Odyssey. I'm pretty far in this classic (that you guys probably read 10 years ago :) ) and I have to say: it's great. Now, I'm a creationist so I don't believe in evolution, but the way this book tackles it is just great. The way it goes is that a giant monolith controlled apes and made them learn and adapt: thus creating evolution. The chapters in space are all pretty much iconic. Especially the ones featuring HAL 9000 and his famous quote " I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that". I'm intending on watching the movie after I'm done with it as well.

MaoMint

☘ 小猫咪 ☘
Years
I've been reading the Harry Potter companion books - currently Fantastic Beasts and where to find them.
Mostly cause the new movie was announced so I figured I should get going and read them. ^^;
I am finding them more entertaining than I expected though.

Zethremar

Entirely Uninteresting
Years
I am currently working my way through the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson, and am LOVING IT. Its just so epic, decided to pick it up as I need a series to keep me occupied until the next ASOIAF book, and am so happy I did. I'm currently just into Toll of the Hounds.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Been slowly rereading through the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series while waiting for Heroes of Olympus: House of Hades to arrive at our house and for my sister to read it. At least the parts that I feel like reading. Not sure if I'll get to the first three HOO books because I don't even have them in my possession right now but oh well. ♥

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Heroes of Olympus: House of Hades

Or rather I finished it today. I have so many ****ing feels I cannot express them all in this thread but ahhhh Rick Riordan really outdid himself with this book I loved it so much and I really actually just want to sit down and reread some part. Maybe tomorrow. ;_;

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Other than my usual Walking Dead since I follow the graphic novels (this next season will not be that good since it will only be progression until they get to the next big place that is very good)

I am reading not much other than weekly manga I do not read much.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 20, 2021
I'm mainly reading The Phantom of the Opera while also reading In Cold Blood for school.

Mystify

confused
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 10, 2020
I'm currently rereading Ender's Game because I'm super excited for the movie. I've been following it since they first started casting. So stoked, hope it somewhat does the book justice!

Darkwing Ducklett

Let's get dangerous
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2014
I'm re-reading Steven Erikson's Memories of Ice at the moment...slowly. I read the Malazan Book of the Fallen a couple of years ago for the first time, just after the last book came out, and I'm now coming to realize fully half of it went straight over my head. Knowing who the characters are and what is going to happen in future novels is making this quite an interesting re-read; I'm picking up a great deal more and appreciating Erikson as a writer all the more for it.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
Reading for pleasure? I never have time for that anymore!

Currently I'm doing a research paper on disappearing cultures and myths of the Yami and Yanomamo peoples, so as of this morning I was reading an ethnography on the Yanomamo by Chagnon. It's pretty interesting, actually.

I do have a few books I'd like to read over Christmas holiday!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Madame Bovary. Why? Blame Pokémon.

Anyway, I'm loving it so far. I've had it on my kindle for ages but never started until now.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Black Beauty. It's such a great read of tenderness and the romance of a horse's life. I love classic books!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The Odyssey. Except this time I'm actually sitting down and reading it. It's quite interesting, more so than when I read the excerpts a couple years ago.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Since I hate my engrish teacher I have decided to read Dracula again and Sherlock Holmes since I love that book and Robert Downey Jr. plays him so well.

Back