• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
As you can see in the first post Metapod IS working on it =)

yeah but hes been on the last 3 episodes for a long time now, which is why im asking this question. i hope he still is because this is a great hack.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Can you PLEASE have the hand guessing to get the Psychic TM have a set pattern instead of changing each time. Only having a 12.5% chance to get one of the most vital TM's in the game is frustrating! Theres a reason they have them set in the real games!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Can you PLEASE have the hand guessing to get the Psychic TM have a set pattern instead of changing each time. Only having a 12.5% chance to get one of the most vital TM's in the game is frustrating! Theres a reason they have them set in the real games!
Save - Guess: if 0x1: Save - Guess again
if 0x0: Load - Guess the second possibility.
And do it until you obtain Psychic :D

Years
Does anyone else have this problem:
When I talk to the "gentleman" with the Raticate on St. Anne, the game freezes...

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
yeah but hes been on the last 3 episodes for a long time now, which is why im asking this question. i hope he still is because this is a great hack.

I've been largely uninspired (in general, not just with hacking) for a while. I'm trying to will myself through the last few episodes so I can test it and release the next beta. I'm hoping I start making more progress soon.

Thanks for the continued support everyone. :)

DashBlacK

DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader
Years
I've been largely uninspired (in general, not just with hacking) for a while. I'm trying to will myself through the last few episodes so I can test it and release the next beta. I'm hoping I start making more progress soon.

Don't worry metapod. Hope you feel better soon. Take your time.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Well we all go through that period... But I believe in you Metapod =)

maybe you =)
I just know that patience is important ;)

Baronnecro

AKA TolerantX
Years
yes, must be difficult to make one of the "best" Pokemon hacks Metapod, we all hope you continue your work on this project. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2022
Check it, first post since I've joined this site.

Hey Metapod just wanted to say a few things:

First and foremost, I joined this forum simply from seeing your hack. I got into the whole hacked poke game scene because I loved yours so much. It has opened my eyes to so many other good hacks I've played through (I plan to go and post thankful messages to them as well). I was just playing through it again a few minutes ago as I anxiously await the next beta release. (literally I'm checking this thing every other day XD) Just saw your post about your inspiration loss as of late. I know the feeling, happens to me all the time with video editing XD But I hope you pull through and remember just how fun and awesome what you're creating is. Seriously I tell all my friends about your game and show it off as much as I can. I really can't wait to see the next beta release of yours, so don't lose hope! Finish at your own pace, but never give up! (would have said never say never but then beiber would have sued :\)

Phew, ok inspirational and a**kissing speech over now :3

Just 2 odd things I wanted to point out for your bug list, idk if this has happened to anyone else: During the charmander episode if you're party isn't empty for him to join a bunch of random characters appear in the box. Took me a minute to realize had to open a spot for him XD and also when doing the squirtle episode after you save pikachu with the super potion and squirtle is supposed to join you, my party was full and he never appeared in my box or my party. . .so I didn't get a squirtle. Quite sad actually lol. So just some things I wanted to point out.

Edit: And now sadly because I don't have squirtle, and my bulbasaur evolved already I won't get exp share from the fan club guy since I can't show the pokemon to the club members :(

Again keep doing what you're doing man. Don't get trapped in a rut!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2022
Probably not, the only shiny pokemon to appear in the anime was the red gyarados if i remember correctly.

But consider yourself lucky to get a shiny. Since this is a gen 3 game you had about an 8 in 65536% of a chance of finding one XD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I found a shiny magnemite in the power plant, was that supposed to happen?
You're pretty lucky =D It wasn't supposed to happen but it might as you can see =D

But consider yourself lucky to get a shiny. Since this is a gen 3 game you had about an 8 in 65536% of a chance of finding one XD
Why so complicated? :D 1:8192 is easier to understand :D

Years
lol.... man some of the graphics are so good.... some of te graphics are like a joke.... well a very good hack by my opinion..... :) well done.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Check it, first post since I've joined this site.

Hey Metapod just wanted to say a few things:

First and foremost, I joined this forum simply from seeing your hack. I got into the whole hacked poke game scene because I loved yours so much. It has opened my eyes to so many other good hacks I've played through (I plan to go and post thankful messages to them as well). I was just playing through it again a few minutes ago as I anxiously await the next beta release. (literally I'm checking this thing every other day XD) Just saw your post about your inspiration loss as of late. I know the feeling, happens to me all the time with video editing XD But I hope you pull through and remember just how fun and awesome what you're creating is. Seriously I tell all my friends about your game and show it off as much as I can. I really can't wait to see the next beta release of yours, so don't lose hope! Finish at your own pace, but never give up! (would have said never say never but then beiber would have sued :\)

Phew, ok inspirational and a**kissing speech over now :3

Just 2 odd things I wanted to point out for your bug list, idk if this has happened to anyone else: During the charmander episode if you're party isn't empty for him to join a bunch of random characters appear in the box. Took me a minute to realize had to open a spot for him XD and also when doing the squirtle episode after you save pikachu with the super potion and squirtle is supposed to join you, my party was full and he never appeared in my box or my party. . .so I didn't get a squirtle. Quite sad actually lol. So just some things I wanted to point out.

Edit: And now sadly because I don't have squirtle, and my bulbasaur evolved already I won't get exp share from the fan club guy since I can't show the pokemon to the club members :(

Again keep doing what you're doing man. Don't get trapped in a rut!

Thanks for the compliments - I'm glad this hack could help inspire you. :)

Thanks to everyone else for the encouragement as well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
Hey guys, I just recently started playing Ash gray, and this probably has been asked before, but how can I make me charmeleon obey? And if I can't because it's suppose to be like the anime 100%, then what should i do?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey guys, I just recently started playing Ash gray, and this probably has been asked before, but how can I make me charmeleon obey? And if I can't because it's suppose to be like the anime 100%, then what should i do?

You can either send it to the PC or you could attach the Exp Share to it and keep its level up - there are certain events that it will obey for in the next beta, but just for those event battles, and it will listen to you by the end of Orange Islands.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
You put in the Orange islands season as well??? OMG AWESOME!!!

Thank you. And alright, so long as he will listen to me eventually then I'll keep him in my party. thanks.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
You can either send it to the PC or you could attach the Exp Share to it and keep its level up - there are certain events that it will obey for in the next beta, but just for those event battles, and it will listen to you by the end of Orange Islands.
By that you mean in Blaine's gym, right? :D
I hope you finish last 3 (?) episodes soon :D

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
this hack was so awesome! i can not wait to play the next beta. it has also givin me the opportunity to watch every episode of the anime as i play through the game : )
just wish there were more then one everstone so i wouldnt have to keep pressing the B button everytime squirtle leveled up. u think u could add a few or one more into the game?

Back