• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Why yes, we are talking about the weather. My favorite subject in the DCC. ;D

I despise the hot weather. Though I'm used to it because I live in the desert. I get excited when it rains on a hot and humid day. lol

Years
I like my seasonal fall & winter weather but I need sunshine & heat. I'm a Charmander.

Charmander.gif

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I'd take damp and cold any day. I hate heat and I absolutely, positively, cannot tolerate humidity - too bad I'm surrounded by water and it's horribly hot and humid in the summer here.

Years
I'd far, far rather the damp and cold. I can bundle up against that, and I just plain hate humidity.

(One of the best things I've ever done for myself is move up north here. The snow sucks in the winter, but hey, no more 100+ degree F heat on a regular summer basis. \o/ Oh yeah. Don't miss that one bit. I think I drive my parents crazy when I call them during fall/winter and say it's actually cold outside.)

Actually, I don't even mind if it's hot with a dry heat. But humid heat? Nope.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm with everyone who prefers the colder weather to the warmer weather. Mainly because where I live the summer sucks so much due to the humidity. It's when I miss living in Colorado because while it was still hot it was the dry heat so it was far more tolerable. But here where I live now I just want to walk around in short shorts and a sports bra during half the summer and bleeh.

This time of year is the perfect time of year for me where I live. Especially during a cold spell because despite shivering and being cold due to my blood thinning out it's still far better than getting way too hot and my hair getting icky as a result as well. I am definitely going to see about cutting my hair in May or something because this long hair during the humid season would be a nightmare to keep.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Cold is best. Summer makes me sad and sick usually :(

However, I do prefer warm days in Winter than warm days in Summer because warm days in Summer just seem ~wrong~. idk, it's crazy.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
1-2 week of absence from PC due to school, and what do I get? OF COURSE it's a discussion on weather again!

They just dumped another truckload of snow for me though... blizzard strikes again and there's another giant snowstorm. Roads are paralyzed, again. You'll think that drivers in the city would've adapted to the snow after going through this every year and drive a bit slower, but nope... let's crash every single night that it snows, year after year. People can be so dumb in repeating the same mistakes and not learning anything out of it =/

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Its a good thing it doesn't snow here,i couldn't stand the cold.Although i like winter more than summer, if it was too cold i'd just sleep all day.

Years
I love the cold! :3
This morning, I was waiting for the bus and it was FREEZING cold, with ice and everything, but I loved it! :3

The best mornings are ones where it is all icy, foggy and just lovely! XD​

Cid

Years
Riding a bus just sucks, plain and simple. I've pretty much rode on buses twice a week for three years, so saying that I'm sick of it is an understatement. It doesn't help that the usual biweekly bus trip I've had lasted for around three or so hours each due to heavy traffic. Thank goodness I've graduated and adapted an almost bus-free lifestyle for studying in the university. Now I only experience the awful bus rides once a month on average. Which is still mediocre, but it's better than before!

Suffice to say, I can't wait to get my driver's license; that is, when I become eligible for one.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Then that begs the question.. what's better? Damp/wet and cold? or humid and hot? Which would you prefer?

Humid and hot always. Wet + cold is just horrible. But the worst has to be sticky cold weather lmao.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm so glad to live in a city where the only options aren't either car or bus XD

And I'd always go for cold as you can just get more and more clothes until you stop feeling it, whereas humid heat... I have to go through that every summer and it can get veeeery annoying XD

Pizzey

Shutter-Shaded Minccino
Years
Ewwwww bus. How can you even take a bus when you can drive? I never want to ride one again ¬____¬

YES. Took the bus for 2.5 years in high school, never again. Our bus stop was the first stop, so it always came the earliest (6:45am), and every time it snowed, It was late. It was also extremely over crowded; sometimes people had to sit in the aisles where it was all wet and disgusting from everyone walking through the snow. My bus also had the BEST people on it >.> They would always smoke in the back of the bus and make it smell awful in there (once they even lit the bus seat on fire). And since I was the first stop in the morning, I was the last stop in the afternoon, so I was on the bus for a total of an hour per day with these idiots.

I was so happy when I got that car. Maybe that's where my hate of the cold/snow comes form? xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back