• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forever the Pikachu Race

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014

I have to say as the Gimmick pokemon trying to be Pikachu, every single one of them has been progressively worse than the previous. However this is why there are good Electric types in Gen I you have an Electrode, Magneton and Electabuzz as well as Pikachu/Raichu, and in later generations Magenton gets Steel Typing, in Gen II we got even more with the first Water/Electric Hybrid of a Pokemon in Lanturn and we got an early 3-Stage evolution in Ampharos.

Gen III was a bit of a let down and the only reason I haven't used a Pikachu in Hoenn is because it is so late in the game... also I don't like being forced to associate myself with the Pokemon Contests just to get something like a Pokemon or a Badge. Although we did get Manectric in that Generation but big deal, it's one Pokemon unlike the other generations which gave us variety.

Gen IV was intersting now wasn't it, pulling that Ampharos trick with Luxray and in Platinum throwing in Electivire into the mix gave it a nice touch of Power but due to there only being the two electric types (4 in platinum) were you really picking Pikachu or any of them that often?

Gen V of course brought new stuff to the table and this wasn't just Pokemon Pikachu had to compete with oh no there are others, but you had Zebstrika which is akin to Manectric. Galvantula which is kind of odd, I find it's closer to Bug Pokemon like Venomoth probably because of the 2-Stage evolution line. What else, the crazy Powerhouse named Eelektross which is nearly on par with Electivire in terms of sheer power but it gets the bonus for that Levitate, so much better than wasting one of your two types on... Flying. Lastly we have... Stunfisk, seriously does anyone know what the deal with this one it doesn't make much sense, it is an unevolved Flounder with the ability to harness Electricity yet can't handle the environment it's meant to live in, random pokemon are random...

Years

Stunfisk is weird. Kinda powerful, but hella weird. Anyone who has stumbled upon a fanfic called "Derpédex" will know what I mean (warning don't look it up if you are offended by like anything)

Years
I don't have much to say. sleepy.

Terrakion ally day!
[opinion may be swayed from PokemonShowdown]

Brave Bird, Unprotected Focus Punch

Years

Terrakion? Please. A banded Terrakion can't take an Iron Head from Cobalion or a Leaf Blade from Virizion no matter how hard you raise defense EVs on him. A scarved Terrakion locked into Rock Slide or Stone Edge has to switch out on both Cobalion and Virizion because they resist it, live and hit back hard with aforementioned attacks. Do you know why this is?

BECAUSE ALL MUSKETEERS HAVE THE SAME BASE SPEED.

(btw screw ou uu4lyfe)

Years
I don't even play OU. lol
My Terrakion so strong it close combats ghost. No FEAR like my smeargle. It WRECKS no problems!
#More into pokemon designs.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016

Stunfisk did something no other pokémon did.

It invented Strange.

Years

That makes so little sense I'm not even surprised but ANYWAY...

X/Y are almost here and people over at them Tubes are already making LPs of it. What do you guys think about that?

Years
69 (dat number)

Yeah, me too. I mean there is pretty much no chance that I'll actually get the games because I lack a 3DS (or 2DS) but I don't want to spoil myself J00ST IN CASE.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm getting the game tomorrow so everything will be okay to me then. :'D

Years

I mean okay, I'm a self-spoilering dingus anyway, but I'll be doing it kind of like I did BW, in that I'll play it by heart when I do play it.

That is, assuming I do actually play it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Least say something pokemon related. otherwise that post is pretty much SPAM here. In FG it would have been fine but this isn't FG. </3

Years
Peaches what is FG?
and when do you want the d sparce? :)

What is ya'll guys favorite derp pokemon?
I kinda like Stunfisk. but since i like him i dont think he is a derp..
what is a derp mon? :(

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Forum Games.
let me grab my soul silver and such and then PM you. Probably after I eat as well.

I have one but I can't think of the Pokemon off the top of my head. I'll come back to you on that.

Back