• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Ruby -EX-

Which of these two should have an event?

• Total voters

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
-Name- Pokemon: Ruby -EX-
-Hack of- Pokemon Ruby (English)
-Leader- Exon

-ME-
Honest Question First
Spoiler:

Hi all! I'm sure it's painfully obvious, but meh. I'm Exon. While new to hacking I've thought of quite a few things that I would want to do with hacking, and now that I have found PC, I hope to put some of those thoughts into a hack. Hopefully people like them, since that's the main point of me doing this - To give people enjoyable hack(s) to play. Well, enough about me....​

-INTRO-
This will be an expert version of the original PKMN Ruby game. Now, some of you may be thinking "...why would I want to play a game that's just ruby with a new event...", but I assure you that is not the case. This version of the game will be geared toward the majority of PC and other hacking sites, not towards 9 y/o kids that like the anime. If you like a challenge and you like Pokemon, then this will be a hack geared towards you!​

-FEATURES-
Spoiler:

-SCREENIES-
Spoiler:

Safari Zone/Wild Encounters Screenies
Spoiler:

-CREDITS/THANKS-
-In no particular order-
(Some for tools, some for tuts, and some for other reasons...)
-HACKMEW-
-ZEL-
-THETHETHETHE-
-LU-HO-
-DIEGOISAWESOME-
-HELMETED RODENT-
-MEWTHREE-
-STAFF OF PC-
-ALL OF YOU WHO VISIT THIS THREAD-
-DEFINITELY ANYONE THAT LEAVES CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM-
...and of course...
-THE DOCUMENTS AND TUTORIALS SECTION OF PC!!!!!-

-PROGRESS-

Trainers -100%
Mapping - 100% (read 7/8 update to find out why...)
Spriting - 100% unless I get a spriter...(Need a spriter ASAP!!!)
Scripting - ~20% (Still working on fixing these...isn't going too well...)
Music - 0% (Need a music editer)
Trainer/Pokemon Editing - 100%

Currently Looking for:
Mapper/Graphic Editor (Tilesets and possibly the intro)
Spriter
Music Editer
A BANNER!!!

-RELEASE DATES AND UPDATES-

-RELEASES-
I Hope to have the first beta up fairly soon. So far, everthing is going on schedule, and an more precise date will be posted when it is known.​

-UPDATES-
6/30
Spoiler:

7/5
Spoiler:

7/8
Spoiler:

-TOOLS USED-
eXtreme Script Editor
Advance Map
Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition
Free Space Finder
Advance Trainer
unlz.GBA
Item Editor
TM Editor​

Last edited:

Ghu55

Pokemon Torzach Supporter
Years
Sounds good although I am not a huge fan of the r/s/e games
Are you going to change the tiles or palletes?
What type of mart edits?
look forward to alpha/beta release soon?

Off Topic: first reply yay

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
Years
Sounds like a hack that's challenging to play. Just be carefull not to make it so challenging that it is imposible to play. For example: the first gym leader having an Lv100 Mewtwo is toooo challenging to comprehend, I believe. I recommend changing some 1st gen. pokemon to their FR/LG sprites, 'cause the R/S/E ones look bad in battle (points at Kingler).

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
Sounds good although I am not a huge fan of the r/s/e games
Are you going to change the tiles or palletes?
What type of mart edits?
look forward to alpha/beta release soon?

Off Topic: first reply yay

Tiles and palletes are something that I would love to change, but since this is currently a one-man project, probably not. Some of the things I'm learning as I go. If the betta goes well, I might decide to change pallets as long as there aren't too many bugs/glitches to fix. As for mart edit...I'll be making some items a little more easy to obtain...besides, isn't everyone tired of that god awful Hyper Beam TM? lol

-Not entirely sure on a beta release yet...hoping to have it in less than 2 weeks if at all possible-

Sounds like a hack that's challenging to play. Just be carefull not to make it so challenging that it is imposible to play. For example: the first gym leader having an Lv100 Mewtwo is toooo challenging to comprehend, I believe. I recommend changing some 1st gen. pokemon to their FR/LG sprites, 'cause the R/S/E ones look bad in battle (points at Kingler).

That's exactly what I want. I want every battle to take some strategy instead of just being like...zomg!!! i haz a blaziken, i win lolz lolz lolz...That's why I'm taking the time to go through before eventually having beta testers and doing some battle tests myself. I'm also going through to make sure the new battles are accurate for that particular area of the game. As for pokemon sprites, there are quite of few that I eventually plan to change.
(Some may be FR/LG sprites, while some (if any look really good) will be G/S/C sprites that have been revamped for this) I'm also looking at a few OW sprite changes, and well as some of the trainer battle sprites, however these don't have the highest priority as of yet. Also, I've been thinking about editing some of the more (useless) TM, but I'll have to take a good look at all the potential moves in 3rd gen to see what might be good candidates for this.

Anyways, thanks you two for posting!!!

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
Update (sort of)

Want to get the community's opinion of some sprites for the additional Rival.***
Spoiler:

Things done so far:
-Pokemon additions are nearly complete
-First -new-Rival encounter has been fully scripted
-Work on Jirachi event is partially done (it's a two part event fyi, but the first part doesn't stand out *wink*)
-Almost finished editing trainers to be at correct levels.

***Those are probably going to be the sprites unless I can get a spriter to help out. Spriting isn't my strongest ability.

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
...is anyone interested in this project? ...either way...

Another Update:
-Jirachi event is complete!!!
->Screenshot is now posted of the initial appearance

-New screenshot showing after you defeat the new rival the first time

-All pokemon additions are complete
-More trainers have been completed
-Second rival event is complete (screenshots to come soon)
-Third rival event is currently being worked on.
-All mart edits have been finished
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Now onto a couple of matters that need to be taken care of:
I currently need people with skills in these areas:
Graphic Design (Tileset creation/insertion, Spriting, Intro Editing)
Music Editing (Rival needs a better song than what may/brendon has)

If you are available, please contact me either in this thread or via PM/VM. (Proof of works are highly wanted)

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
Wow this looks interesting. I'm like one of the few people on this site who actually really enjoyed the RSE series. I'm looking forward to the release of your first beta!

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
!!UPDATE!!

-Pokemon Trainers are 99% finished (doing a run-through to make sure I didn't miss anything)

-Additional pokemon are also 99% finished (same as above)

-Ran into some snags with my events and a certain program.

-For additional info see the 7/5 update!

Exon

Hacker in Training
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 18, 2010
This hack can be good if you put in DP tiles... and some 4th gen Pokemon . Good luck anyways .

I personally don't think DPPt tiles look right in gba games...maybe it's just me, but I think the graphics are done way too differently for it to look right

and some 4th gen Pokemon . Good luck anyways .

I won't be adding 4th gen since this is going to be a hard version of the original ruby game, with extras. While some of them may be good, I really wouldn't want to screw up their movesets like that. For a future project, maybe, but I don't don't believe they would go well with what this is supposed to be.

Anyway, that's for the support :-)

-Trainers are 100% Finished
-A whole 1 event has been fixed (really having problems with this now)
-Pokemon Insertion is 100% done
-Still looking for graphics help (spriting) and music insertion
-Decided to keep most maps that same, though a few have been changed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back