• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn RéBURST [M] [IC]

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
While Rick would normally consider this the jackpot, as he was stricken with the chance to go and capture a Fully grown Weaville and a Sawsbuck, the situation did not look favorable to him this time around. Looking at his Slugma, he could see that it was panting with exhaustion, not to mention the hail was coming down hard and making it troublesome for him to concentrate in during this battle. Looking over at the two Pokemon, they certainly looked like they were more preoccupied with seeing to the crippled Sneasel than Rick himself, so it look favorable for both of them for the fight to end before it began. Pulling out Slugma's Pokeball, he returned him and tucked away his and the deerling's poke ball, backing away slowly, his hands up to show he wash;t going to try any funny business.

After clearing a little distance, Rick made his way through the path, getting back on the main road and heading straight for Petalburg. The hail was settling down by the time he had gotten into town and Rick was ready to relax after his long and arduous journey. The Nurse Joy was nice enough to heal his Pokemon, so he was left to relax in the lounge while he waited for Slugma to heal up. He was a little worried about the guy, as the two of them had been battling quite a bit since the left the Professor's laboratory.

After giving up his Slugma to nurse joy, Rick sat down and diverted his attention to his first caught Pokemon, a baby Delibird. Rick was not pleased with the useless addition to his team, but he figured that he might as well get to know it while he could. The Pokemon was known for being rather cute and mischievous. Maybe he could use it as an intelligence agent, rather than as a battler.

Opening the Pokeball, Rick was astounded to find the baby Delibird latching on to his face the minute he released it. Then Rick remembered the events that took place during its capture: the sneasel had thrown an Egg at the Pokeball, which proceeded to hatch right before getting captured in its place. The baby, having seen nothing before its capture, had yet to imprint, so it made sense that the Pokeball had become its secondary egg, imprinting on the first person it saw when it was released, which by all accounts would have been Rick.

Pulling the baby chick off of his face, rick sat the baby bird in front of him as he looked it over, trying to figuring out what to do with it. As he looked it over, he noticed that the baby bird was imitating his gestures. At first it was cute, but it got old very fast. Deciding to deal with the rest of the bird problem later, Rick returned the Delibird to its Pokeball and went over to the check out counter to receive his Slugma, fuly healed from battle.

After that, Rick went out to the Gym of Norman, one of the most professional gym leaders around, master of Normal Pokemon and one of the few Gym Leaders Rick felt he could trust. not only was the man a well respected member of the Pokemon community, he was experienced, professional, and incredibly skilled. He also was good friends with Proffessor Birch, so he was sure that he would be able to help him out on this situation.

Leaving the Pokemon center, Rick made his way around the block to head over to the Petalburg Gym. Strangely enough, the gym was in operation at this time, so he was able to get through the lounge. Inside there were a punk trainer telling Rick that if he wanted to challenge the Gym Leader, he would need to beat them first. "Look, I don't want to fight the Leader, I just need to talk to him." "Well too bad, cause all who want to get through those doors need to get through me first." Pulling out his Pokeball, he sent out a Slakoth, which was proceeding to take a nap on he ground. Figuring that this would be the fastest way, Rick reached for Slugma, but his hand nocked the one holding Delibird instead.

The little scamp jumped out, laughing in mid air as it began to play. The trainer just looked at the tiny creature and began laughing at how weak it was. It was especially humiliating when the Delibird began shadowboxing, as if it knew how to fight. It was adorable. But then the unexpected happened: Delibird manifested two Presents and hurled them at the guy's Slakoth. Taken aback by the sudden shift in attack, and completely underestimating Rick's Delibird, the blasts hit the poor Slakoth square in the face, nocking it clean out.

The trainer tried to remedy this with his Zigzagoon, which charged and tackled Delibird before she could through her Present at him. The tackle hit her square in the gut, almost nocking her out. Luckily for her though, she had Vital Spirit, which saved her by an inch of her life. The Present dropped right in front of Delibird also and the blast, instead of dealing the final blow to her, healed her of her injuries, and allowing her to throw two more volleys of Present at the Zigzagoon, nocking it out as well.

The punk was about to pull put his third Pokemon, when Norman stepped into the room, hearing about the ruckus that the punk was causing. He apologized to Rick, saying that the punk had been kicked out of his gym for the third time and that he was having a lot of trouble getting him to leave him alone. Rick said it was nothing and bent over to check on Delibird, who was panting but still trying to put up a strong face. "Heheh, don't worry little guy, you showed them who's boss. Now, let's go talk to the nice Gym Leader."

Following Norman to his office, he pulled out the Burst stone and explained what had happened to his brother and what Birch had told him about it. "Birch explained to me that the process to use Burst is incredibly dangerous and life threatening to those that weren't experienced and strong both Mentally, Emotionally, and Physically. I'm certainly very smart, having graduated the top of my class, and I'm not one too loose in to my emotions, but what I do lack is experience and Physical training. I figured that a person such as yourself would be skilled in both regions and would be willing to train me. I need to know the secret to Burst if I am going to uncover the secrets of Team Gaia and my brother's death."

but Norman couldn't help him in this case. He explained that the task of training for Burst would take the same amount of time as it would to be the Pokemon Master and that he was too busy right now to personally train anyone. He was too busy running his gym and he didn't have the time.

Figuring he should go now, Rick left the gym, heading out to go do some more training. He had to walk a bit, as the town wasn't exactly a few yards in distance. There were homes and plenty of men and women to fill them in as well. But the people were kind and social and gave him directions when he needed them, and to be honest, he needed them a lot. But sure enough, he had made his way out of town, and the cold air covering the beach hit him like a hornets nest. The weather this week had been a cruel mistress, giving him snow and chills and ice galore.

Taking out the pokeball holding the Deerling, Rick decided to try his hand at using a truly wild Pokemon. The Pokemon was young, so it wasn't going to be significantly as hard as one would expect, but still hard enough. The Pokemon was still grumpy about being taken away from its friends and family, but it wasn't about to run off, which was a plus.

Rick first tried to coax it with a few treats, but eventually guessed that the best way for them to bond would be for them to have a Pokemon battle with a wild one. And sure enough there was a spheal rolling in from the waves. Rick gave his command to initiate the battle with the spheal and the Deerling reluctantly complied, jumping in to do battle. "First use Grasswhistle to put it to sleep, and then..." but before his command could be finished, the Spheal had already begun to fire volleys of Water gun at them, soaking the white sand as his Deerling made it a work out trying to dodge the shots. Hiei tried to guide it properly, but the Deerling was moving well before he could give it a command on where to dodge.

As the Deerling successfully dodged the fifth volley of water gun, it wasn't prepared for the trap that had been laid out for him. The Spheal began to spray a Powder Snow over the area that the Deerling was going to land, freezing the water on the sand, causing Deerling to slip right onto its side. The Spheal was then prepared to fire another shot of Powder Snow, so Rick had to think fast. "Deerling! Use Sand Attack! Then follow up with Grasswhistle!" Able to give his command this time, Deerling kicked the sand right into the Spheal's eyes, making it fire the snow in a completely different location. It then became victim to the soothing music of the Grasswhistle coming from the Deerling as it tried to stand, avoiding the frozen areas as it could try.

It then leaped through the air, giving the Spheal a good Double-Kick with its rear legs when it landed and turned its body. Rick then sent out a Pokeball, hoping to catch the sleeping spheal before it woke up. The creature went in, and the ball began to shake.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ PROJECT: Eris
Pokeball.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter One: Part One
Ashes of Beauty

"Wha-- Oh my..." Eris had gasped somewhat and covered her mouth with both hands. Her eyes widened and seemed to glint in awe. "I had always heard that this place was beautiful, certainly this is not what they meant..." She thought aloud, before taking a few metallic steps forward. Clink, clang, clink, clang. Oh, how she hated the sound! Among the ruins of the town was a single building which was standing, but barely. Everything was a wreck. "Who could have done such an awful thing...?" she looked around, and spotted a few people standing in the area. One she recognized from magazines as a Gym Leader, though she forgot the girl's name.

"Excuse me, miss!" She called out, rushing at a slow and dainty jog, feet clanging with each step. "Please don't be alarmed, I'm just a normal person!" She added, no doubt getting some looks from the few visible people here. "Miss, what happened to this place?" She asked the currently unnamed Gym Leader, "This certainly looks out of the ordinary... Who did this?"

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Sara Lain With flower girl Selena
Sara and Selena walked through the forest, having left an hour after eating. Selena walked with Nincada at her side because she refused to return him. Both of Sara's Pokemon had tired themselves out and were resting in their pokeballs. Selena was excited, "So where are we going first?!"

Sara sighed, "We are going to Rustboro, to see the first gym leader." She was somewhat excited to see her mother, and more specifically to show her Orrie and Poliwag. "That's where my mother lives."

Selena smilled and they continued walking, Selena cooing and baby-speaking Nincada. Sara felt a rather sickening feeling though. Something she felt, but wasn't sure of. "Have you ever been into the city?"

"No, my mother and I have always stayed in the woods. She says it's much safer there." Sara thought about how dangerous Orre was, and to be honest Rustboro seemed relatively safe.

"Well I suppose that is true." She said. They began exiting the forest, and as they got out, Sara's heart skipped a beat. Ahead of her, there stood the decimated city of Rustboro. Selena stopped her cooing and looked as well. "No, no, no." Sara panted.

"Maybe they--" But Sara already took off, Selena watched as Sara ran away toward the city. "Sara wait!" She yelled.

But Sara ignored her, faster and faster. "Please no." She cried. Sara's eyes were red, blurry, and stinging. When she got to her mothers apartment building she dropped to her knees. The whole building was collapsed, and since her mother never left the building, there was no way she survived. She began throwing rubble away, digging at the debris, cutting her hand on glass from windows and heirlooms.

Selena stood over her, "Sara..." She said softly, "You're going to hurt yourself..." But the vain words never reached Sara. Blood was dripping out of the cuts on her hands, while tears did little to wash it off the concrete. Selena put her arm over Sara's shoulders, and lifted her up. She turned Sara toward her, with sympathy in her eyes and looked at Sara's face.

Sara looked hopeless, her eyes were glossy and empty. Tear streaks ran down her face, and dirt and debris had found its home caked into them. Sara cried so much that she could barely breathe.

As far as Sara was concerned, she was now an orphan.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

SCYKE ICK - Route 101

[h1][/h1]​
[h1][/h1]
[h1][/h1]After what had been a glorious sunny day in Littleroot Town, a sudden change of weather struck Scyke as he suddenly started shivering in cold. "Snow?! But it was just so sunny a few minutes ago!" Several lads around him seemed to be shocked by the abrupt drop in temperature, and were uncontrollably hugging themselves to warm up. Scyke couldn't understand what was happening. Then he remembered that he still had Pikachu on his shoulder. "Zap, do you want to come back to your Pokeball? The weather is freeeeezing, and I wouldn't want you to be too cold!" Zap replied by shaking his head; he wanted to stay outside. His fur had kept him warm so far, and so the cold didn't matter much to him. "Well, suit yourself..." Scyke started rubbing his sides and progressed through the tall grass.

As Scyke swayed past the vines and such he noticed a small figure walking towards him. "Oh hello, is that a Pokemon?..." Scyke pulled out his PokeDex from his bag and booted it up, pointing towards the thing, "Well, let's make a use out of this then... it's saying that the Pokemon is a Snover? 3'3", that must be why it looks so small... and an Ice/Grass type. Sweet." Scyke put away his PokeDex and called out to Zap, "Aight Zap, this is it, our first battle together!" Zap jumped out of Scyke's shoulder and readied himself on the snowy ground. "Ok, I saw a trainer using this once... USE THUNDER!!" Zap twisted his head around, a confused face on his little face. Thunder? What kind of command was that? All he knew was Growl, Tail Whip, Thundershock and move called Hidden Power, which he was born with. Thunder was not in his attack list.

Scyke scratched his head, unsure about why his Pikachu was looking at him like that. Then he remembered what Professor Birch had said - just because a Pokemon was a certain type didn't mean that they could do whatever move of that type that they liked; they could only know up to four moves, and when at a low level a Pokemon only knew some basic moves. Before Scyke could think what kind of move he could call out Zap to use, multiple razor-sharp leaves started incoming towards Scyke and Zap's direction. Before long, both human and Pokemon was slammed into the ground, Scyke worse off with a few cuts from the attack. Whoever this Snover was, it was pretty strong.

Scyke hadn't expected to get this hurt on his first battle.

He picked himself up, and so did Zap. Snover than revealed himself and let out a little cry; ready for battle. Scyke quickly zipped his bag open again and grabbed the PokeDex. "There must be some info about Zap here... come on..." Zap sighed at his hopeless trainer, and took the matter at his own hands. He jumped up with electric sparking out of his little red dots on his chicks, and then sparked an electrifying attack towards the Snover. The white and brown creature was in a state of shock, as the attack had hit it critically; after the Thundershock finished, Snover stumbled backwards and shook away the hit. Scyke was in awe. "That was totally amazing, Zap! But Snover seems a little too ok for my liking..." Snover slapped his hand together in-front of him and a light blue light formed; a few seconds later, wind picked up near the light before sparkling blue powder was burst and directed right towards Zap. The Pikachu tried to jump out of the way but it was too late; the attack was too fast and accurate. Zap was thrown backwards by the attack and just about managed to stand up again. Scyke wasn't feeling great about the situation.

"Professor Birch told me something about having info on my Pokemon in this PokeDex thi- ah! Here it is - Pikachu's moves..." After a quick read through, Scyke had a basic understanding on what Zap could do and called out his first ever attack. "Zap - USE THUNDERSHOCK!"

Zap nodded and quickly charged himself with electric energy before attacking with it towards the wild Snover. It wasn't effected as much the second time around, but Snover was feeling weaker. Scyke took out an empty Pokeball and enlarged it. "This is it - you seem strong, Snover! I'mma catch you and we will be great partners, you got that?" Scyke lobbed the Pokeball towards the Frost Tree Pokemon and just about managed to hit it's mountain-like head. The capsule opened and sucked the creature inside it before vigorously shaking in the ground. Scyke and Zap focused on the Pokeball, waiting for something to happen. Had Scyke caught his first Pokemon?

Last edited:

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

Eli - Rusturf Tunnel
20u7hvk.jpg
a58uc.jpg
33jh20z.jpg
j0a1wz.jpg
fc8wl.jpg

As parents and children reunited, and returned to their homes to find whatever belongings of theirs may still exist, the residents of the Pokémon Center took to caring for any trainers they could and taking over for Roxanne in explaining what had happened to the girl oddly dressed like a Bisharp. No way was she just wandering around with her Burst. Meanwhile, Roxanne and Eli ventured out east toward Rusturf Tunnel. Their walk was uninterrupted, but it was disconcerting that all the Pokemon were hiding... except for one.

There was a Combusken being carried back to the remains of the town on a bulky trainer's back. Both of them were injured, but the Combusken definitely had it worse.

"Tobias, even you?"

"Sorry, Roxanne. I don't think any of us got a shot agains' Burst Warriors, much less just Torch here." Built like a Machoke with a "down home" accent, Tobias only managed to choke out his failure. Losing must have hurt his pride more than his body. "They're looking for the Compass. I don't know if anything'll stop 'em."

flash

"We'll do whatever we can. Find Nurse Joy so you can take care of Torch. She should be getting out of the gym."

After Tobias left, Eli turned to Roxanne and asked, "We?"

"Of course. You don't seem like the kind of person that would just run from trouble if someone told you to." Neither of them seemed to notice the brief flashing that came from Eli's pocket.

"Alright, we got it. Let's clear ou—"

"Graveler, Rollout!" The bird-man was bowled over alongside his three weary, fully-human cohorts. Only the former had recovered as if nothing happened, though, the grunts barely supporting themselves with their shovels.

"Abby, Icy Wind!" And... down fell the grunts, their shovels snapping beneath them. The Braviary-wielding warrior just shrugged off the chill, thin layers of ice snapping off his arms and chest.

Clutching a large hex-shaped relic between his feet, Arlu freed his wing-arms to start blowing a whirlwind at the slightly bigger opposition in front of him than what he'd previously dealt with. Graveler didn't budge, but Eli's Cubchoo was blown back into her arms before being put back in her Pokéball.

"Come on! Hit me with your best shot, Roxy!" In response, Roxanne threw out two more Pokéballs with a Geodude and a Golem, and her battle trio gave Arlu their best Rock Blast. Eli called out Scyther and Vex for support, firing at will on Arlu with Ember and Vacuum Wave. Although he stood his ground (figuratively, of course) for the most part, Arlu was pushed over toward Verdanturf's side of the tunnel and actually sustained some damage. Before he could get back or even get away through the end he was on, though, Roxanne tossed another Pokéball containing a Steelix, commanding it to use Rock Slide and cave them in.

flash

"Aw, planning to keep me here? Gotta do better than that." Revealing the Burst Heart he'd stolen from the city, his wings and legs turned into metal armor, and his hands and feet became large silver claws. The feathers across Arlu's body molted, replaced by a massive metal cross over his chest and a blue helmet over his now-red eyes. Pounding his fists together, he exclaimed, "Let's go!"​

Last edited:

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Scyke Ick - Snover FTW!

"THUNDERSHOCK!"​

BATTLES.

"I'MMA CATCH YOU!"​

POKÉBALLS

"PIKA PI..."​

AND PIKACHU...

Put these things together, and epic stuff strikes. As a Pokéball flies thru the air, concealing the snow... tree... thing, it shakes on the ground. Once, then twice. Tension builds up. We hadn't seen this kind of excitement since Forrest tried to catch Lotad! Will it?... Is it?... Can it? Yes... No... Yes... No... ... ... ...

Psych! Kidding! It had been caught five minutes ago!
Spr_5b_459_m.png

Snow Warning
Lv. 5
-Powder Snow
-Leer
-Razor Leaf​

GM Note: Enjoy your first capture, Icky [25 Charizard limit XD]!

TornZero

Years
Rick - Things just ain't goin' your way today.

Let sleeping seals lie, Rick! Such a jerk, trying to interrupt a good nap. Needless to say, the ball froze and shattered, releasing Spheal, though its nap was undisturbed. It started muttering in its sleep, and a snowy air gathered around it before it let fly, throwing caution and loud snores to the wind as repeated Powder Snows started blasting in Rick's general direction. Try again, buddy!

Spr_5b_363.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Rick called out for Deerling to get some distance as soon as the Pokeball froze, leaving him one pokeball less than he had before. Both Rick and Deerling had to duck out of the way as shots of ice-cold snow came flying their way. The area was hard to maneuver, but it wasn't impossible, and Deerling were great at dealing with tough terrain, as they lived in many different climates and under many many different weather patterns. Deerling leaped over the third volley of Powder snow and proceeded to double kick the Speal once more, leaving it quite low on health. If there was a scale, it would say that the Spheal was in the red, ripe for the picking. But just to be safe, Rick had Deerling get up after taking the Water Gun to the face and use Tackle, nocking the Speal away from the beach and onto the dry road. Still asleep, Rick threw another Pokeball, hoping to catch this guy this time.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
∣ PROJECT: Eris
Pokeball.png
625.png
Rustboro Ruins

Chapter One: Part Two
Ashes of Beauty

"Gaia did this?" She clenched her fists, and the gloves made a sound that can only be described as 'stretching leather'. "They will pay... Penance will be my sword!" She sighed slightly, to relax herself and probably look less... Threatening. "Help clear the rubble? I am certainly capable of doing such a thing!" She 'courageously' made her way to the gym, and decided to help the girl and the Probopass clean out the gym. As they made their way further into the building, shattering rubble into gravelly bits, Eris looked alarmed.

The girl looked up at her in confusion. "What's wrong?"

"Do I hear voices? Are there people contained in this mess?"

The girl nodded. "In the basement, that's why we're cleaning this up."

"Alright, thank you." She decided to pick up her pace, smashing rocks all over the place, following where she thought she had heard the voices from. after a few minutes of rock-smashing, she came across a door on the ground. "I think I may have found the basement!" She tugged at the handle, but it seemed to be jammed shut. She tugged harder, and the handle simply snapped off. "Oh dear," she looked at the broken handle she held, then simply dropped it. "Everyone, stand away from the door please!" She shouted into the basement, and waited for an affirmative from someone down there.

"Alright, I've got it! Yah!!" She let out a battle-cry-esque sound to accompany her ax kick, lifting her leg straight up, and then bringing it down with tremendous force. The door shattered into small pieces, opening up the way for the people to escape. They seemed startled at first by her appearance, no doubt weary of more Gaia members, but immediately realized that Eris was there helping them get free. The group of no-longer-trapped people ascended to the gym floor.

"Mommy, Daddy!" The girl came right up to two of the people and practically leapt up into their arms.

Something about the scene made Eris feel warm and fuzzy inside, something she wasn't all too familiar with. Then, of course, it brought a more sour feeling, as she though of the relationship (or lack of) between her parents and herself. She couldn't even remember her mother... Her thoughts had her distracted, even as many of the people from the basement coming to thank her.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

SCYKE ICK - Route 101/Odale Town

[h1][/h1]​
[h1][/h1]
[h1][/h1]The Pokeball stopped shaking, and the circle button dinged. Simultaneously the clouds above cleared away and the previous beaming sunlight returned, making sure that the temporary snow melted in a speedy manner. Scyke and Zap looked up in realization before Scyke looked down and picked up Snover's Pokeball.

"So it was you who brought that hail down here!" Scyke grinned, talking to the Snover inside. "You and Pikachu must be tired after that heated battle. Professor Birch told me that Oldale Town was nearby and had a Pokemon Centre; better pop over there then!" Attaching Snover to his belt and letting Zap climb on to his shoulder, Scyke resumed brushing past the tall grass in Route 101, making sure not to encounter a wild Pokemon. A bug-catcher who had seen the instant weather change twice and watched Scyke's catch came running to Scyke. "Man, I saw that first hand! You stopped the hail all by yourself!" The bug-catcher was much younger than Scyke, around ten years old. Scyke quickly turned red and started scratching his head. "Hey, that was nothing, I am a trainer after all!" Suddenly the kid's eyes started gleaming with awe, "YOU'RE A TRAINER?! Maaan, then I bet you met Professor Birch! That's sooo freaking cool!" The kid turned around and called out to his other friends, who were recovering from the flash of cold. "I'VE FOUND A TRAINER! SAM, TYRE, POPPY!! I'VE FOUND THE GUY WHO STOPPED THE SNOW!"

Reacting to the noise, three other kids started rushing towards Scyke and started congratulating and such. This made Scyke even more embarrassed and his cheeks were nearly as red as Pikachu's. Zap laughed at his trainer's humbleness; he found Scyke to be easily likable. The kids introduced themselves – the two boys were the bug-catcher Ben and youngster Tyre, while the two girls were Poppy and Samantha; Sam for short. After the greetings and everything else, the Tyre kid started acting tough and called out to Scyke, "I may be thankful to you for stopping the hail, but I'm not sure if you really are that strong. After all," the boy smirked and pointed directly at Zap, "that Pikachu looks like it just came out of its nappies! So let me challenge you to a battle and test your powers for real – after all, I've a very, very strong Pokemon with me." Tyre finished off his speech with a little evil laugh.

Zap looked surprised by the sudden challenge towards him. Scyke just laughed. "Kid, I feel like you are wearing a nappy under those shorts!" Tyre started fuming at that last comment and Ben had to hold him back, "And I would accept your challenge, but both of my Pokemon did just come out a battle, and so are both tired, so I will sadly have to decline for now." Tyre stopped himself and smirked at Scyke. "Well, a good trainer would always have a Potion or something for situations like this, wouldn't they?" Before Scyke could respond, Tyre quickly added, "Anyway, I know a quick route to the next town and that town has a PokeCentre; you can heal your Pikachu there and we can battle near the outside of Route 101. Like I said, I've a very good Pokemon with me!"

Scyke liked the sound of that. This way he could heal both of his Pokemon quickly and battle this kid too. "Aight, challenge accepted then! Lead me to Oldale and we'll figure something out there." Tyre grinned; his friends let out a sigh. They all headed for Oldale Town.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Rick Cache - That Was So Laguna beach!

"Deerling, I'm pregnant, and you're the father!"

"How the hell does that even work if I'm a female, Spheal!"

"... Secret Tunnels..."

Sorry, that's everything I got for today xD Still better than Twilight :) Capture attempt failed, sorry. Spheal is gone, too. Awake and everything. Rolled its way the hell away from there. Better luck next time...

Chapter B2 The One That Goes After The First But Before The Third Whose Lousy Title Tells You Nothing About Its Contents

HOENN HISTORY THINGY

Brought to you by the nun. Which nun, you ask? NUN OF YOUR BUSINESS!

It was a long time ago... so long, in fact, that no one actually cares remembers. They say that Hoenn was created along with all the other regions because of Groudon and Kyogre moving the lands and seas. But... then what? There are no traces showing that anything interesting actually happened here. No manuscripts. No cave drawings. Nothing at all, almost as if they didn't want us to know what happen. But Hoenn is boring, right? There can't be much to it... Right?

However, after a very extensive search for said traces, something was finally found inside of Rusturf Tunnel. It was a small gem, that could be held inside of one's hand, a gem with what seemed to be a Pokemon inside of it. The species was later found to be a Boldore, a rather common Pokemon of the Unova region.

Some time later, underwater, several writings were found embossed in walls all around. All of them written in Braille. Most of them talk about Regirock, Regice and Registeel, the legendary golems of the Hoenn region... but some of them don't....

After a while, a theory was created, a theory that, despite explaining some stuff, remains as nothing but a suggestion:

• These "gems" go by another name in a very distant land: "Burst Hearts". They have an apparently simple purpose that seem to be from before the time of the Pokéball: they allow their bearers to fuse with the Pokemon contained in them.

• The engravings speak of a group of people that used their Burst Hearts to help those in need. At the same time, there were people who thought that they had to control those who didn't have said gems.

• These engravings then state that both groups split, with those that fought for justice staying, and those who shared different ideals going to a far away land. Nothing else is known about those who departed the land of Hoenn.

• As for the others, not much is known about them, except that they had descendants that somehow didn't continue with their Burst Warrior Legacy with the advent of Pokéballs.

Some people believed in this theory. One in particular got his hands on the gem, and nearly died in an attempt to fuse with the Boldore inside. Regardless, his experience drove others to find other Burst Hearts and attempt fusing with them. From these people, several ones shared the same ideal of controlling the masses, and so came to be known the organization we know as Team Gaia. They began with petty crimes, like stealing and the sort, but they've recently started attacking cities in their attempts to gain control over the region. They've taken over Rustboro City and burned it to the ground, searching for a relic that the Devon Corporation's been bragging about called the "Compass of Light". With it, Team Gaia is able to track Burst Hearts all over the region, and they'll stop at nothing to get it.

XOXO
gossip girl The nun :D​

ROUTE 116

Spoiler:

Don't expect to be on a catching spree, guys. In case you didn't notice, a bunch of terrorists are literally killing everything that moves. At thus, all those Wurmple are hiding in the deepest corners of their tall grass tiles. You won't see many, no matter how much you stomp their homes.

116 is the number of a wide Route that proudly extends all the way to Verdanturf, with Rusturf Tunnel being the joint point that unites them whole. It possesses multiple hills and water bodies, the landscape has an incredibly varying height all the way and houses a huge amount of Wild Pokemon.

That beauty is at risk right now. A terrorist organization that goes by the name of Team Gaia is destroying the Route and Rusturf Tunnel. And they had a reason, they looked all over for a Burst Heart and the Compass of Light... and they found them. Expect lots of grunts in the Route, using Pokemon ranging from the mild Abra to the pesky Garbodor.

<<Levels for these kind of battles are not added until the GMs decide to do so. The amount of levels depends on the efforts of each RPer, and the opinion of the GMs>>​

Wild Pokemon:​

Spr_5b_063.png
Spr_5b_261.png
Spr_5b_263.png
Spr_5b_276.png

Spr_5b_290.png
Spr_5b_293.png
Spr_5b_300.png

In addition to this, some Pokemon escaped from Rusturf Tunnel. Their homes were destroyed, as the tunnel is pretty much caved in. The Pokemon that have joined the wildness of the Route are as follow:

Spr_5b_074.png
Spr_5b_299.png
Spr_5b_041_m.png
Spr_5b_371.png

RUSTURF TUNNEL

Spoiler:

A rather short passage that is known to be shrouded in fog... a really think one, actually. It also house the odd Pokemon Whismur. And that's pretty much there is to it...

In the very entrance of the tunnel, or rather, right after you enter, a very special guest awaits for intruders... It's Arlu Rieth of the Seven Warriors! With his Braviary traits, which have been shifted to those of a Metagross, he poses a huge threat for you to face. Do not waste time trying to beat him; you won't. Actually, don't even go looking for him. You will die trying.

Furthermore, another very special guest is here. Alana "Ice Queen" Heart. She's another of the Seven Warriors, and is fused with a Beartic — you're screwed trying to fight her, too. As you can see, this is now an incredibly dangerous place, and if you still don't believe it, please take a look at their stats.

PCP376.png

Arlu Reith w/ Metagross
Warrior of Doom
Spoiler:

PCP614.png

Alana Heart w/ Beartic
Warrior of Emotion
Spoiler:

Now, the stuff you were looking for: the actual chapter!​

BURSTing into Life

"I thought we weren't allowed to use the Burst Hearts."

"You're not," he says as he holds device up high, the wind no longer blowing around and several Pokémon cries heard among the ruckus. "And Arlu will certainly pay for disobeying my rules."

A thin beam of light flies around, passing unnoticed over Rusturf Tunnel and Rustboro City, pretty much because everyone is trying to stay alive for at least one more second. It goes all the way across the sky, eventually crashing in a far away island that can barely be seen.

"Dewford, huh?" The man in flashy clothes asks. His trench coat similar in style to the man standing next to his, but with a purple and white color scheme. Talk about a fabulous outfit. Who does he think he is? Champion Wallace?

"So it seems." The one with the dark coat stares down as a Zigzagoon of a slightly clearer color arrives holding an Oran Berry.

"Why can't you just find a Hyper Potion or something, not this crap anymore!" He grabs the Oran berry, and crushes it. Zigzagoon quickly eating what falls into the ground.

"Sigh... Well, you know what to do, Marvel." He turn around, facing the flashy coated man. His dense, blonde hair waving around in an elegant, fashionable style. Again, talk about fabulous.

"Off to Dewford, it is!" Marvel jumps from the peak of Rusturf Tunnel, where both of them had been standing the entire time. A white veil covers him as he places a Burst Heart against his chest.

"SHAOOO!" The now transformed Burst Warrior cries as he quickly hops around the trees. And somehow unable to be noticed at all, Marvel the Mienshao Warrior makes his way outside of the Route.

"Your outfit's too flashy. You're too loud, too." So much for being discreet.

"GOON!!!"

"Shut up and bring me a Hyper Potion already..."​

What you may, must and can't do:
  • You must traverse the route (the nun commands you to).
  • You may catch Pokemon (but not as much as you would like to; plenty are still hiding).
  • You may fight the Burst Warriors. You. Will. Die. No exceptions.
  • You can't exit the Route once you've entered. (Plot devices, suckahs.)
  • You may challenge Roxanne for your first badge. However, she may be busy, and you may not be able to find her, because at the time of this chapter's release, she has caved herself, an innocent trainer, and four members of Team Gaia in Rusturf Tunnel.

Last edited:

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
The Adventures of Giovannia Luca
Luca's words on the topic? "Like I care?"
A lone figure strode into the clearing. It had been a while since Gio had been outside of Mauville. He had always been hanging out with his crew behind the Roleplay Game Corner. His figure could be spotted from across the clearing. He was slouching, as usual, and loping along, his large black headphones clamped on to his head. The loud metal could be heard from Littleroot Town, but he couldn't care less. His favorite song, All I Want, was going off, to be replaced by a series of Pierce the Veil songs. His collection of popular metal music was impressive, spanning over three hundred songs. He was tapping out the guitar part on his thighs while mouthing the screaming and singing to himself. Just doing one part of it wasn't nearly enough. He had to do all of the parts. Including the drums.

As he was walking along, doing his own little thing, he noticed a movement in the trees to the left. The whole clearing was quiet...if you don't take his music into account. He slid his headphones down around his neck and turned to face the direction the rustling came from. "..What the hell?" A Poochyena burst from the forest and slammed full-force into Giovanni, sending him spiraling to the ground. Before long the pair was rolling through the grass towards Littleroot Town. Gio was just barely holding the Poochyena off him. Barely. It was snapping and snarling, but the well muscled Italian was holding his own. He had just enough time to look over his shoulder to see that Birch guy's laboratory. They both slammed into it. Giovanni stood up as the Professor ran out and saw the unconcious pokemon. Before it could recover, he threw a pokeball at it. It disappeared with a red flash.​

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Gio Luca - [Insert Cool Post Name Here]

Poochyena is quite... peculiar to say the least. And its musical tastes seemed to differ greatly from Gio's. This little guy would rather listen to Audioslave or Scorpions, instead! Add the fact that Gio's flesh seemed delicious to the 'mon, and, there you go! A wild Poochyena attacked!

It wasn't really smart, though, or else it wouldn't be lying in the ground [unconscious] right now. It soon succumbed to the Pokeballs might, and:

Poochyena
Pooch of Awesomeness
was caught!!!
Spr_5b_261.png

Lv. 5
Quick Feet
-Tackle
-Howl
-Poison Fang​

You may now proceed to handle the rest of the situation, bunnying Birch as Gio explains what happened to him. In the end, Gio will receive 5 Pokeballs and a Pokedex. You're then free to do as you wish around the Routes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Picking up the failed Pokeball, Rick sighed, disappointed that he hasn't been having the best luck with what he wanted to capture, but greatful all the same that he at least had something that he could use. Figuring that he was going to need to rest up, Rick pulled out Deerling's Pokeball and returned it, putting it away for safe keeping. He looked off to the distance, estimating a good hour walk down the beech before he could make it to the woods. With the long distance awaiting and the depression of the sun, Rick took a turn-around and made his way over to Petalburg again. The long walk would take forever to make in the night and he didn't feel comfortable having a Lava slug walking in front of him in a dense woodland area.

Making his way quickly through the town, Rick watched as shops began to close and street lights flickered on. It was getting to be dark and no body seemed to want to be out late tonight. Rick made his way through the streets until he ended up at the door to the Pokemon center, ready to pack it in for the day. That is, until a punk slammed the door open, pinning Rick between it and the wall behind him. This was going to be irritable, but he was willing to shrug it off so that he could finally get some sleep. That is, until the punk saw him and grabbed him by the arm, his eyes were very angry and he looked like he was ready to start a fight.

And it turned out, Rick should take his intuition and drown it in the waters of Route 104 because the punk was now challenging him to a battle since according to some weird twist of ancient traditions, if you get caught in the path of an angry punk, you end up having to fight him to defend your pride. Looking inside of the open door, he saw a punk girl, hair pink and pulled in a mohawk and a chain hanging from her nose to her ear. Rick realized that these two must have been an item before she broke it off with him and sent him hurling towards him in a fit of rage. So Rick pulled out his own healthy Pokemon, Slugma, and prepared to do battle with the punk who wanted to prove his testosterone.

The punk pulled out his own Pokemon, a Wingull, and prepared to do battle with Rick and his Magma slug. the Punk started things off with a water gun, but Rick had predicted such an obvious move and had Slugma use Flame Charge to dodge it. He then had Slugma try to finish the charge at the bird, but thankfully it had a few braincells more than its master, as it took off to dodge Slugma. So to deal with the new height, Rick had Slugma use its incredibly hot body to melt its way through the earth and carve out a chunk of rock. Waiting for the perfect moment, Rick gave the signal and Slugma shot its back up, shooting the rock up at the enemy bird. As the bird began to fall, Slugma then poured Smog over it, poisoning it and knocking it out.

The punk gave a few swears and cries of anguish, which attracted the attention of the punk girl. They both turned their heads to see her giggling at the punk's failure despite having an obvious type advantage. Rick had to admit that he found this girl quite fetching if it weren't for the piercing, but he turned his attention back to the punk who had pulled out his second Pokeball. Releasing it, he revealed his secondary guy, a Surskit, which looked to be freshly caught with a weak move pool. Sadly, its low level did not neglect to prevent its still incredibly high speed, as it began to run circles around Slugma. They began to race around the street, which was pretty much black except for the lone street lamp and Slugma's own body light.

After a few Flame Charges, Slugma was finally able to keep up with the Surskit, but it was still unable to catch it. But Rick and Slugma's eyes still caught now and then and Rick was able to signal to Slugma to lead the Surskit to the hole they had previous dug during their fight with the Wingull. The Surskit had been having a lot of fun just running the track that it failed to listen to any of the punk's commands. Rick was right in guessing that it was a recently caught Pokemon and that the trainer didn't really have its trust or approval yet. So when the surskit fell into the whole, it didn't even expect the flame covered Slugma to leap out of the air and land in the hole, smothering the water/bug with his fire and magma.

Pulling out of the hole, the punk pulled his Surskit out and returned it. "THAT"S IT! I'm through with this. Prepare to face my trump card you punk!"

"You're the punk my friend, not me." Slugma looked ready to take on one more challenge, but only one more challenge. So it was good that the guy only had one Pokemon at his disposal, not another afterwards.

the punk released his third pokemon, a Snover. And with that, both the punk girl and Rick could do nothing but laugh at it all. The idiot punk had just sent a pokemon with both type weaknesses to Slugma's ONE type. It was like asking to be handed to loosing side of the bet. Rick told Slugma to use Ember, preparing to win this fight, but then the unexpected happened. "SNOVER! Use Rain Dance!" And the Snover began to do his little jig and rain began to fall from the black sky, putting out the fire in their Ember attack. All of their Fire attacks had been neutralized. But they still had an advantage. The Snover didn't know that many moves, which said that it was a low level Pokemon still. All it looked like it could do was Razor Leave and Powder Snow. Both of which weren't effective at all against Slugma's fiery body. The punk seemed to have enough though, as he ordered his Pokemon to use a Skull Bash. A pretty powerful move, had it actually hit. But as soon as the Snover got even the slightest bit close to him, Slugma poured the Smog on him, poisoning him and nocking him out in one move.

With his last Pokemon defeated, the Punk was depressed. So Rick decided to give him some pointers. "You did well in your last fight, for a beginner. Your Snover wasn't born with its famous Snow Warning Ability, so you used Rain Dance instead to provide protection against your guy's severe weakness to fire moves. But your skill stopped there. You tried to win a fight solely on type advantage in the first bit, and then you used a Pokemon you had just caught. None of your three Pokemon were of the proper level to fight, so it was like sending children to do battle with adults. Beaf up your team and try to get more moves on your team and you'll do much better. Do some schooling on what beats what and try to show what was your talent lies in." With his third and final victory done, Rick finally turned in for the night, docking his Pokemon in the center, and napped for the rest of the night.

The next day, Rick collected the rest of his Pokemon and saw a welcome party waiting for him outside. "Please don't tell me you guys are planning on fighting me are you?" They weren't. They were the punk from earlier and his gang. They told him that they would be training to get stronger until one day they finally defeat him. Rick gave them a smile and told them not to get in his way while he traveled. Heading out to route 104 to continue his quest.

As he made his way through the road alongside the beach, Rick stopped, realizing that he was being followed. Turning around, he saw the punk girl trying to find a place to hide in the open road. She looked different, her nose piercing was gone and her hair was now down and inside a hat. It was a fedora, which was cute in its own way. "What are you doing?" "I'm following you now." "Following?" "Yep, I'm a leach Trainer. I find capable trainers that are heading where I want to go and I study them as they fight. Once I get better than the trainer I'm following, I ditch them for a new trainer to follow" "Whatever you do, I suggest you don't get to close to me. I'm dealing with some dangerous forces right now." "Oh, I'm more than capable of protecting myself. I just want to study what you can do."

Leaving her to her own devices, Rick departed down the road, listening and answering any questions she had. Most of them revolved around his age and why he was taking his journey at such a late one. She seemed to find it funny that he went to school, and studied Pokemon instead of battled them. He dismissed her jests and came to a relaxed point when they were in the woods. Battling would soon commence within the forrest, which meant that the girl would shut up and watch him battle instead of ask him questions all the time.

As they walked through the woods, Rick decided that today would be best for training his Delibird. The little guy was getting tougher, but he was still too weak to be of any real use in the rest of the world. There were a bunch of Wurmples all over the forest, and every one of them wanted a piece of action with the little bird. Thankfully enough, the girl was not frightened by the worms, which saved him a lot of trouble as he walked through the forrest. Delibird didn't seem to min the girl and she seemed to love the little guy, cuddling with him whenever she got the chance. There were quite a few battles, with three of them happening all at once and none of them being a trouble. Delibird's Present attack was incredibly powerful, though there was the odd occasion of his attack healing all of the wounds previously inflicted instead of injuring them. After a significantly long walk, Rick sat down and they had lunch. Rick was prepared to bring out his own meal, but the girl instead pulled out a meal for them both.

"You don't have to do this." "If I'm going to be learning from you, I might as well pay in whatever way I can, and I'm much too young to do anything else." This was obviously wrong, as the girl looked older than he was, but he wasn't interested anyway. She poured him some soup and them handed him some sliced sandwiches with the CRUST cut off. She even had a bowl of pokemon food ready for Delibird. "My name is Carol, in case you were wondering." Rick apologized for not asking sooner, but she put it away. Carol, it seemed, was an eager Pokemon trainer, hoping to be the best, but she had been so pathetic during her past adventures as a preteen that she decided that she needed to learn from others before she could challenge the best. It looked like a sound argument, but he was still annoyed that he had to deal with her himself.

"Carol. I'm not some hotshot looking to be the very best. I'm on a research mission, trying to piece together whatever I can find about Team Gaia and these gemstones they have called Burst Hearts." He pulled out the gemstone and showed it to her, putting it back in his pocket before getting up. "Sooner or Later, Gaia is going to catch wind of my research and they are going to try and get rid of me. I can't have casualties in this." "Hey, I'm not weak anymore. I've trained under a lot of pretty strong guys. And if what you're saying is true, then you are going to need a body guard. Someone to protect you from these guys."

Rick let her words go and just let her follow like before. Soon though, Rick's face paled. "We've been waisting our time." "What do you mean?" "It'll take us at least 10 hours for a normal trainer to get from Petalburg to Rustboro. We left the center at 7 am. We've had at least 5 fights now and it is noon now. We've been on the road for five hours now and we aren't even half way there. We need to.. OOPH" Rck fell over, tripping on a Shroomish that was underneath him. "How cute, the little guy likes you." Sure enough, the Mushroom pokemon was now cuddling with his leg.

"Strange, Shroomish are pretty defensive Pokemon. They aren't one to just come willingly to humans." Then Delibird came crawling down him and began chatting with the shroomish. After a few exchanges in Poke-talk, how Rick wished they could crack the secret language, Delibird seemed to freak, and the Shroomish ran off, taking Delibird with it. Carol and Rick began to follow after then, wondering what they were going to find. Sadly, it wasn't a pleasant sight.

"Rick? How long has he been there?" "I'd say a few weeks? Maybe three. Poor soul must have been poisoned by a wild shroomish." "What makes you think it wasn't this guy?" "Look at the way it is treating the guy. This Shroomish was probably his. And remember when i fell over it? Shroomish have a tendency to spray poisonous spores when they are threatened. So even if it didn't through them out of shick, I had skin contact with it. This Shroomish has the Poison Heal ability, not the Effect Spore. It was a kind of evolution they picked up to keep themselves strong enough to handle their more well known varient. Poor little guy. He's been too accustomed to human existence. I don't know if he'll adjust back in time to be able to protect himself. Hopefully he'll be able to hide and feed on solar rays until he can protect himself." Turning to leave, he stopped when the Shroomish began to nudge his leg, gesturing to his master. "I'm sorry little guy. I can't save your master. He's dead." there was no doubting that, as his body had been eaten by Dustoxes and his blood drunk by Beautiflies. There was nothing for them to do. They didn't even have the equipment to give him a proper burial.

Carol started to cry, as did Delibird and the Shroomish. Unable to handle the sorrow around him, Rick pulled out a fresh Pokeball and placed it in front of the little guy. "Look. I may not be the same as your previous master, and this might be a hard time in your life, but I do promise that I won't be leaving you any time soon if you choose me. I may not look it, but I'm a very strong trainer." After that, Delibird stepped in to give his few words, giving a glorious recommendation of his mommy/father/trainer. Rick hoped that the shroomish would come with them, otherwise he wasn't sure what was to become of the little guy.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Giovanni Luca and the Pooch of Awesomeness's Beginning
Gio frowned as he stood up and rubbed his head. The Poochyena had attacked him! That wasn't the worst part though! He was snarling an AUDIOSLAVE tune! The very thought made Gio sick to his stomach. He would have to change his point of view later. "Thank you uhh...Mr. Birch?"

The older man smiled and nodded, then walked over to the pokeball and picked it up. "That's right. You must be Giovanni. Luca was it?"

Gio nodded. "Call me Gio."

"Well, Gio, why did this Poochyena attack you?"

"I was walking along, like a good boy," He wanted to make sure that the proffesor got that he was good...at heart anyways. "And it attacked me!" The proffesor handed him the pokeball, which he quickly placed in a loop in his belt. "Thank you for saving me and stuff." He didn't like saying thank you, but he knew it was polite.

"Excellent. Now come with me." Birch disappeared into his lab, and Gio quickly followed. When he entered the door, a blast of cold air hit him. He pretended not to notice it and followed the professor to the back. He was holding five small pokeballs in one hand, and a pokedex in the other. "As you know, I'm a renowned pokemon professor. I have too many things to do, so I want you to take this pokedex and fill it with information for every pokemon there is."

"Eve-"

"EVERY." Birch interrupted sharply.

"Yes sir." Giovanni took the pokeballs and pokedex, then nodded in respect. He walked out of the building and put his headphones over his ears. His pokemon journey had just begun.​

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

SCYKE ICK - Showdown in Oldale Town

[h1][/h1]​
[h1][/h1]
[h1][/h1]"Here's your Pokemon, sir!"

A pretty lady with a little hat and flourishing pink hair came over to the Pokemon Centre till with a tray that had two Pokeballs on it. Scyke quickly finished his coffee, binned it and picked up Zap and Snover. "Thanks Nurse Joy, it's really nice of you!" Scyke attached Snover's Pokeball while letting Zap out to his shoulder. "Aha, I was only doing my usual duty; besides I think you have company waiting for you." Scyke turned to see Tyre and the other kids outside, waiting for him. Scyke sighed. "Aish, that kid really does want to face me. While waiting I did read up a bit on Zap and his ability but I'm still not confident. I've only battled once." Nurse Joy surprisingly giggled, "Don't worry; Tyre likes to talk big about his rare Pokemon but really that boy haven't won many battles his faced. He kind of challenges every trainer that comes across around here, and the ones who actually accept it usually win fairly quickly." Scyke paused and looked back at the woman. "You know Tyre?" "Mhm. His always hanging around the lounge area in this Pokemon Centre. Although Oldale isn't visited much by trainers because of not having much of importance there are still rookie trainers who visit here after getting their first Pokemon from Professor Birch." Scyke nodded. He was one of these trainers himself. He wondered whereabouts some of the other trainers who got their first Pokemon from the old man were right now. "Anyway, you probably shouldn't stick around here much. Tyre looks like his getting tired of waiting."

Scyke agreed and waved goodbye to Nurse Joy before stepping outside. The group of kids stopped talking and turned to face Scyke, Tyre in-front. "We'll have our battle over there, right between Route 101 and Oldale Town. How 'bout that?" Scyke didn't complain and walked with the group towards the open field. His mind was focused on winning. One of the little girls, Poppy, stepped up, "I'll be the referee! Don't worry Scyke, I've done this loooots of times!" Scyke smiled at her and then focused on Tyre, wondering what this Pokemon he was hyping about was. Everyone took their places, Scyke stood at the left while Tyre positioned opposite. "WELCOME TO THE OLDALE CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE! I'm your amazing host, Poppy, and today we have a challenger from Mr Trainer, who will be facing our champion, the one and only, TYRE LUM!" Straight afterwards the other kids started cheering and screaming things like "Beat that guy, Tyre!!" or "You can do this, our Champion!"

Scyke was dumbfounded by the set-up but also found it really cute; Zap was a little more confused. "This is a one-on-one battle; the winner will be the one who still has a Pokemon standing!" Tyre brought out a Pokeball and enlarged it, "Come at me Scyke; I'll give it my best shot!" Scyke nodded and gave a determined smile, "I'm sure you will Tyre!"

"BATTLE BEGIN!!"

"Zap, get ready to battle!" Zap nodded at Scyke before jumping forwards, letting out a battle cry and jolting volts out of his cheeks. It was getting pumped to fight. "Well here it comes then! My special Pokemon! Let's go, Poochyena!" Tyre lobbed a Pokeball towards the battlefield, which burst open and emitted a wolf-like Pokemon out. At first Scyke wondered what was so special about a Poochyena until he actually saw the Pokemon in flesh. His jaw dropped to the floor. The Poochyena was gold. FREAKING GOLD. "Behold, my special Poochyena, a GOLD Poochyena! Haha, you didn't think I was bluffing, did ya?" Scyke just grinned in reply and snapped his headband. The battle had just got a lot more interesting for him.

Without warning, he ordered his Pikachu to an attack - "Zap, use Tail Whip to begin with!" Zap wiggled his tail towards the shiny Poochyena, which seemed to have dropped his defenses a little afterwards. "Follow up with a Thundershock!" Then Zap dropped his tail and jumped up to blast a jolt of electricity towards the Bite Pokemon. "Poochyena, dodge!" yelled Tyre, but it was too late; Poochyena took a direct hit.

"Aargh! Poochyena, Tackle!" After a little stumble, the shiny Poochyena shook the damage off and charged full-body towards Zap, who collided back in impact. Zap jumped up straight afterwards. "Ok Zap, hit it with your secret move - Hidden Power!" Zap gave a little nod before jumping up again, this time conjuring some kind of power before releasing a blue orb from it's body towards the Poochyena. Tyre called out for it to dodge; it was too late again. "Don't give up, Poochyena! Use Tackle again!" Poochyena charged again towards Zap just like last time. Zap got ready to defend himself, but then instead of hitting with all it's power, Poochyena jumped above the Pikachu and stood right behind him. Tyre quickly called out, "USE BITE!" and in response Poochyena opened it's mouth and chomped Zap, who cried in pain. Scyke stood there shocked at the event - he wasn't expecting Tyre to use tactics against him. "Hold on Pikachu! Grab Poochyena and hit it with a Thundershock!" After the Bite attack finished, the Pikachu stumbled backwards but then held itself up, and jumped towards Poochyena to grab it. Succeeding, Zap quickly charged himself up before electrocuting the gold Poochyena, who's little legs had been forcefully stretched by the shock. After a few seconds of the attack, Zap let go of the Poochyena and jumped back, gasping for air. Poochyena just laid down where it had been electrocuted.

"Poo- Poochyena is unable to battle! Mr Trainer wins!" The other kids started cheering; Tyre fell to his knees. "Aww, man! I just can't seem to win!" Scyke walked towards Tyre, Zap jumping to his shoulder in the process. "That was an excellent battle, Tyre! I thoroughly enjoyed that," Scyke winked and continued, "I'm sure when you start your journey as a Pokemon trainer you'll do very well!" Tyre looked up in awe and started jumping. "Mr Trainer, I want to be just like you! When I get stronger, we'll battle again for sure!" Scyke's cheeks turned rosy red from the compliment and started smiling uncontrollably, "I'm just a rookie trainer, but thanks! And sure Tyre, we will battle sometime again!" After a few more chatter and a return to the Pokemon Centre, Scyke bidded farewell to the children before setting off for Route 102. With an experience of a Pokemon battle with another person and seeing a shiny Pokemon for the first time, Scyke was excited for what else his journey laid in-front of him.

TornZero

Years
Rick Cache - Some dumb Shroomish, or something. Not nearly as important as the misfortune about to befall Gio.

Poor Shroomish had lost its master. However, it seems to be willing to follow this talkative trainer around. Sadly, his former master seems to have lost the Pokéball, and without it Rick can't truly call Shroomish his own. Maybe he'll find it lying around somewhere, or even in a nest full of Dustox.

Spr_5b_285.png

Gio Luca -

Gio's journey has just begun, and it sure promises to be something for the records! Excitement fills the air as all wild Pokemon ready themselves for upcoming battles... One of them doing an additional and quite particular effort...

♪Slow ride...♪

Music plays in the background, unnoticed as the inevitable is coming closer...

♫TAKE IT EASY!♫​

Dear lord... Could it be? ... It's a Lotad! And not any Lotad... THE Lotad! Y'know, THE Lotad Forrest faced in the earliest part of his journey! It has been informed of some punk that thinks metal is better than audioslave, and is sure gonna set his beliefs over Gio's... whatever the cost may be...

Spr_5b_270.png

LBROtad
Epitome of Badassitude
attacks!
Level 12
@Sitrus Berry
Drizzle & Swift Swim
• Swords Dance
• Flash
• Zen Headbutt
• Razor Leaf
• Hydro Cannon
• Frenzy Plant​

"TAD!" The Pokemon cries, his cool-kid sunglasses reflecting not only light, but also his confidence. He's not gonna go down with ANY ease! And the rain that's beginning to fall just backs what I stated...

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
The Shroomish looked like he was willing to go with Rick, which was great, but it didn't look like he could find his Pokeball anywhere. Carol seemed to good at keeping the Shroomish and Delibird entertained while he looked around. He didn't feel right looking over the dead trainer's body, but he did anyway, careful to avoid any areas that looked like they had spores on them. The rest of his Pokeballs were empty, and none of them were registered with a Pokemon already, so he decided to take a look inside his pouch. There weren't any Antidotes, figures as much, but he did have an unused Potion, which would be good help later on in case they got in trouble in the woods.

Taking a few large, but broken branches off the ground, Rick proceeded to cover the body, paying his respects to the dead. But then Rick got to realizing about the logic of finding branches, with leaves as healthy as these, just laying on the ground. And also, some of the areas on his body didn't look like they were made from decay, but rather, there were a lot of slice marks. Almost as if something had been eating his body a little while ago before the two of them had met up with it. And the wounds with the bite marks were small, but still bleeding, which told him that the bite marks were made very recently.

Seeing a bunch of broken twigs around them, Rick gulped when he saw that they were not alone like they had thought. Looking up at tree tops, he gulped, as a flock of Dustoxes were perched right above then, unmoving and waiting for the right moment. Rick began to walk back to Carol very slowly, making sure as to not look suspicious towards the Dustox. Making his way next to her, he nudged her elbow, pointing up to show her the Dustox, hoping she didn't make a scene. She gave a yelp, but he caught her mouth in time to keep her voice down so that they didn't alert the Dustox.

Backing up, they each grabbed one of the little guys at their feet, taking a few steps back before turning around to run! Unfortunately, they were not alone anywhere they tried to go, as right behind them was a badly injured Wurmple. Rick recognized it from the number of Wurmple they had fought a few hours ago, so he knew that the little guy had a grudge against him. He made a small smile, hoping to make ease with the Wurmple, though sadly it too had a smile, a nasty, malicious smile. It sprayed a String Shot right at Carol, catching her ankle and pulling her down, nocking her head against a root.

She went under fast and Rick had to pull her out, kicking the Wurmple aside to stop it from shooting him. The Wurmple gave a cry, alerting the Dustox to their attention and the swarm came down on them. This made Rick gulp, as six fully evolved Dustoxes were bursting from the trees, all crying out words that seemed to scare Delibird and Shroomish. The two hid behind Rick, and Rick didn't deny the fear, as he himself was shacking. He pulled out Slugma's Pokeball, preparing to fight them. He couldn't outrun them all while carrying Carol on his back, so he had to stand his ground, releasing Slugma and giving out orders.

He could probably get them all with a swarm of Ember from Slugma, but he couldn't risk hitting the trees. He didn't want to start a fire, and the only reason he was even letting Slugma out was because they were on a dirt road now. Giving the order for a Barrage of Rock Throws, Slugma went underground, digging pits and shooting the large rocks above him. The rocks each hit one or two, but as soon as the Rock was shrugged off the Dustox, they were up again. There was also too many to hit all at once, and he himself was taking a lot of Confusion attacks since Slugma was underground a lot.

Slugma was slowing down, but the Dustox were taking turns, resting while the others took their place. They needed to deal with them each before the attacks were recovered from, which meant they were going to need another attacker. But before he could ask, Delibird threw a very Large Present down on one of the fallen Dustoxes, putting it out for good. The sudden arrival of Delibir was enough to get Slugma back in the game, and the two were in synch. Slugma pinned them down with Rock Throw and Delibird finished them with Present before any of them could get up again.

As the last lay down on the ground, they were finally done with them all, Slugma looked exhausted though, as did Delibird. Even Rick was on his knees by the final round, having taken a few Gust attacks and Confusions during the battle. The battle was severe, but he wasn't done yet, as he pulled out his Pokeballs to return Delibird and Slugma now that they were done. The battle was over, but Rick still needed to find Shroomish's Pokeball before he could call it a day. Looking around in the foliage, he found one of the Dustoxes, pinned under a rock, with something shiny next to it.

It was the Pokeball, with SHROOMISH written right on it as well, sitting right next to the unconscious Dustox. Picking it up, he dropped down next to the Shroomish, showing him the Pokeball, which told him that it was time to go back in.

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Sara with Flower Girl Selena
Sara stopped crying and just glared at the rubble. She felt plenty of anger rising within her. "Sara..." Selena said softly, "We should see nurse joy about your hands." Sara looked down at her hands, bloodied and scarred. She didn't feel the pain yet, though it was creeping in.

"We came here to avoid violence." Sara said, "We were threatened to leave Orre, they said it was safer here." She continued looking at her hands. She had punched concrete so hard she needed stitches. This pain was different though. The cuts were not deep enough for stitches, though somehow they looked like the worst wounds in the world. "I have no way to tell my father either. He will never know what happened." She clenched her teeth.

"Maybe we should go back to my home..." Selena said sympathetically, "I think my mother would be glad to take you in..."

"You can go home. It's probably too dangerous now anyways." The monotone, anger filled, growling in the way Sara spoke frightened Selena. "I'm going to get revenge. I'm going to find out why this happened. Then make them regret doing it."

Selena squirmed, she couldn't just let Sara do that, Sara would die. But she was too scared to say no, and there was nothing Selena coud say that would change Sara's mind. "T-then I'll help you." Sara looked Selena in the eye. It was a cold stare, and words didn't have to be said that Sara wasn't in the mood for jokes. "Y-yea, I know every plant, pokemon, and city in Hoenn I could help you get around a-and stay alive without money if you need t-to." Selena couldn't stop shivering.

Sara's glare was still stone cold, though outloud she said, "Fine. Do you know how to fight?" Selena shook her head, "I figured." But Sara knew she would probably need a guide, and a companion. "Then you better be one hell of a trainer." She looked down at her hands. The pain was now rising, and tears accumulated in her eyes. "L-let's go see a nurse." She said shakily.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
(You SONNOFA*****!!!)

The Adventures of Giovanni Luca
The Return of Brotad the Mighty

The fearsome opponent emerged from the trees. "LOTAD!" It gave a fearsome roar. The rain was pouring down, and Gio was terrified. He produced Howler's pokeball from his belt and tossed him out. Even the fearsome hyena pokemon feared this horrifying monster. To make matters even worse, Slow Ride was playing in the background! The bane to all metalheads!

Gio packed his headphones away and looked to Howler. "Listen to me buddy, this thing is pret-ty damn terrifying." The Poochyena nodded, terrified out of his mind. "We can't let it beat us. It's the first test that we've come to." They both managed to steel their nerves and turned to face the menacing beast. "I CAN DEFEAT YOU AND YOUR CRAPPY TASTE IN MUSIC!" He earned another roar from Brotad and a small snarl from Howler. He ignored both. "YOU HAVE NOTHING ON ME! HOWLER, USE POISON FANG!" Howler rushed forth and lurched forward with his purple tinted fangs, but Brotad just moved out of the way swiftly. The rain was making it faster! "TRY AGAIN!" The Poochyena managed to sink its teeth into Brotad. It roared it pain. It was poisoned, but poison wasn't going to stop this crappy-music-loving freak of nature! He slammed his head into Howler. Zen Headbutt wasn't supposed to work on dark types, but it DID! Howler was sent flying. "NO! IMPOSSIBLE! KEEP UP WITH POISON FANG!" The Poochyena charged forth and tried to bite, but the Lotad just matched with its own improvised bite. The impact was so great that an explosion occured. Both pokemon emerged from the smoke, but Brotad was just a little fazed. Nothing could defeat this beast of nature! He had to try now! Gio tossed a pokeball and hoped for the best.

Back