• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years

You just click on the big button "Quote" =)

Obviously not. Distributing ROMs is against the rules.

i remember using it before. i just didn't remember what form it took. and i don't remember why i decided i didn't like it, but it was either because it lacked the healing script in yellow town, or it still had spanish. if theres a better version great, but if not i'll just lurk until there's a completely english version with some sort of way to heal in yellow town.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Hey guys I don't know if this is just in Snakebyte's patch but while beginning the Lauren region I discovered a glitch to get all of the starter pokemon. I don't know if this is intentional or not but the way I found it was I chose my starter, went east, then defeated Pearl. After that I went back to Carmin Town and saved my game, restarted the emulator, then re entered lab and I was able to choose starter again. I repeated this process 2x and got all starters. So my question is: is this intention or not?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Another glitch in Snakebyte's patch is if you go to Drakebreath City department store the Shinx on first floor has a healing script.

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
never mind! turns out i disregarded the last one due to some other reason. the ips was right! so i just want to ask, how do i rename the game file without breaking it or something?

edit: actually, i'd liked to know how to make berries appear, since they never appeared for me when i played the previous versions. also, when an even newer(if there will) version comes out, will i be able just add it on to my current one? sorry for asking a lot, on and off the internet i'm not actually perfect social wise.

Last edited:

Jésrøñ bans

Dreams come true.....
Years
Another glitch in Snakebyte's patch is if you go to Drakebreath City department store the Shinx on first floor has a healing script.

R u sure about the shinx having healing script.
Coz I have tried almost all of the versions but didn't find it out.

I could help if you post a screenshot.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Shinx having a healing script is, while not exactly intentional, something I'm aware of and leaving in because it's kind of amusing. Think of it as an easter egg.

Getting all the starters in Lauren is a glitch.

If there is any Portguese in the game after patching it using the file in the 'Final' download in my signature, you have patched it wrong.

(Yes I am still alive, hello, how are you, I am swell)

EDIT: FUN FACT! The Mediafire link in my 'Final' post has been used around 24,000 times. Add that to the year only my original patch was up, and the people who downloaded the final patch from Sendspace rather than Mediafire, and we probably have a thoroughly ridiculous number of downloads.

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
well i finally found the right version. THANK GIRATINA! but i still have some questions, nothing major. ho do berries appear? because if it requires time, how do i do that? and this last one isn't urgent: how will i play the newer versions when i come out(will i start over)?

oh and i also want to know if i can rename my file and how(google is not giving me good results for some reason) it's named 0907 - Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) (v1.0)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Alright well I guess I'll have fun with the Shinx then. About the Lauren starters glitch is Sankebyte going to fix it or Ash493 going to fix it considering Snakebyte said he was going to have Ash493 do all the future patches or are you guys just going to leave that glitch in the game.

Here's a screenshot of Shinx Easter egg."i.imgur.com/7LqgC4r.png"

So with the Lauren League starter Pokemon glitch will I be able to continue the storyline or not?

Last edited:
Years
Alright well I guess I'll have fun with the Shinx then. About the Lauren starters glitch is Sankebyte going to fix it or Ash493 going to fix it considering Snakebyte said he was going to have Ash493 do all the future patches or are you guys just going to leave that glitch in the game.

Here's a screenshot of Shinx Easter egg."i.imgur.com/7LqgC4r.png"

So with the Lauren League starter Pokemon glitch will I be able to continue the storyline or not?
Go on and keep on playing the game. If you got all the starters through that Glitch, consider yourself as aLucky Guy.

well i finally found the right version. THANK GIRATINA! but i still have some questions, nothing major. ho do berries appear? because if it requires time, how do i do that? and this last one isn't urgent: how will i play the newer versions when i come out(will i start over)?

oh and i also want to know if i can rename my file and how(google is not giving me good results for some reason) it's named 0907 - Pokemon - Ruby Version (U) (v1.0)
Yes you can play with your old save file into a newest version. But it requires something special to be done.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys I don't know if this is just in Snakebyte's patch but while beginning the Lauren region I discovered a glitch to get all of the starter pokemon. I don't know if this is intentional or not but the way I found it was I chose my starter, went east, then defeated Pearl. After that I went back to Carmin Town and saved my game, restarted the emulator, then re entered lab and I was able to choose starter again. I repeated this process 2x and got all starters. So my question is: is this intention or not?
Yeah, that's a glitch... That ought to have been fixed, IIRC...

That's an easter egg.
Glitch = game breaking bug, not some random thing that doesn't do a thing to a game :D

Years
If there is any Portguese in the game after patching it using the file in the 'Final' download in my signature, you have patched it wrong.

I'm patching it the same way I've always patched hacks. For some reason I get an error message that says, "The file has been patched, but the data in the IPS file appears to be truncated or misaligned..."

I am using the exact Ruby ROM that I should be, down to the last letter: "0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0)"

In case I am in fact doing something wrong... here is how I patch the file:
1. Open Light Platinum (English) Final.ips
2. (select file to patch) ... I select the Ruby ROM
3. Error message.

I've also tried patching it by manually opening Lunar IPS and selecting the IPS file and then the Ruby ROM to patch, but the same thing happens, as expected...

Years

I'm patching it the same way I've always patched hacks. For some reason I get an error message that says, "The file has been patched, but the data in the IPS file appears to be truncated or misaligned..."

I am using the exact Ruby ROM that I should be, down to the last letter: "0907 - pokemon - ruby version (u) (v1.0)"

In case I am in fact doing something wrong... here is how I patch the file:
1. Open Light Platinum (English) Final.ips
2. (select file to patch) ... I select the Ruby ROM
3. Error message.

I've also tried patching it by manually opening Lunar IPS and selecting the IPS file and then the Ruby ROM to patch, but the same thing happens, as expected...
The problem is you don't understand what is going on. PM me I will help you there ;)

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2018
hiii !!! :) can i ask a question ??
I have completed d zherry region and lauren region and now what to do ?? i hav come back to yellow town .... plz tell what all thngs i hav to do .... i think der is just 1 thng left ie championship right ?? but how to go der ?? please answer all of my questions !! :(
Thnxx....
And u kno i started playing this game 3 days before i.e., on 26th of may and i completed till lauren region !! :)
This was an awsum game !! i spent a lot of time in dis game !!! :) i loved ur game !!!!! :)

EDIT:- I HAV DEFEATED STEVEN IN SNOWCE CITY AND I WENT BACK TO YELLOW TOWN AND TALKED TO ASH NEAR THE ARCEUS STATUE AND HE GAVE ME WORLD PASS AND NOW I CAN DO THROUGH D TRAINS I MEAN NOW I CAN TRAVEL THROUGH TRAIN ..AND SO I WENT TO D CHAMPIONSHIP and den i used surf and caught jirachi........ and i hav also seen regi temple but its empty :( But a good thing is dat i defeated championship ...i defeated ash and i won !! :) den i hav come to yellow town and flied to mt.draken and defeated lance and got orange pass and den i caught zapdos and lugia and mewto and mew ....but i dont kno how to find articuno and moltres :( plzz tell me ...and i defeated eusin and caught arceus and OH ho , celebi , regirock,deoxyx ....And this means dat v hav to just catch legenedaries right ?

IF ANY THNG IS LEFT PLZ TELL ME .... AND ALSO TELL ME DAT BEFORE CHAMPIONSHIP WHAT ALL THNGS I HAV LEFT AND AFTER CHAMPIONSHIP WHAT SHALL V HAV TO DO ??
Thnxxxxx a lot !! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
What generation of pokemon do these follow?

Can my dragonite learn Dragon Dance in this version?

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2018
What generation of pokemon do these follow?

Can my dragonite learn Dragon Dance in this version?

It contains all pokemons of all generations ....
And i think so dat dragonite will learn dragon dance ....im not quite sure becaz i didnt use dragonite in this game ....

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
It contains all pokemons of all generations ....
And i think so dat dragonite will learn dragon dance ....im not quite sure becaz i didnt use dragonite in this game ....

i understand it has all pokes of all gens

my question is

what type of pokemon version is this following?

i.e. move set learning from gen 5? gen 4? gen 3?

gen 4 dragonite learn dragon dance, anything before that does not

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
edit: actually, i'd liked to know how to make berries appear, since they never appeared for me when i played the previous versions. also, when an even newer(if there will) version comes out, will i be able just add it on to my current one? sorry for asking a lot, on and off the internet i'm not actually perfect social wise.[/QUOTE]

Since it seems that it takes a long time for people to reply (i've been waiting a few days) is there another forum to ask questions on? The more the merrier.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Hey guys im in some desperate help downloading this game. I have tried everything and watched probably 25 videos on how to do it but it never works. I have a mac and downloaded every VBA possible and have tried using the pokemon light platinum roms from 15 websites and none of them allow me to save. I have tried everything to allow it to save but yet the same error code keeps popping up.Please help!

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
i understand it has all pokes of all gens

my question is

what type of pokemon version is this following?

i.e. move set learning from gen 5? gen 4? gen 3?

gen 4 dragonite learn dragon dance, anything before that does not

Took a brief look under the hood of this game with PGE and it looks like the Pokemon are using their normal Gen 3 movesets. It doesn't look like the creator messed with them when he made the hack (excluding the movesets of the added 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon). You are of course always able to edit the moves yourself on PGE. ;)

BTW Dragonite learns Dragon Dance in Gen 3, but only as an egg move.

Back