• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The bottom line~Wrestling Fan Club~ WWE/TNA

Years
Lesnar/Show looks like it'll be a hard-hitting, physical bout. Nothing too exciting, but I always enjoy watching Lesnar wrestle, so I'll check it out. After this, I guess they'll go their seperate ways. Lesnar, to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, and Big Show... Who knows? Rumble match? I don't know who he could feud with.

Batista/Del Rio, I think it'll be a short-term feud. Similar to Lesnar/Show, it'll last for a month or two until Batista gets his shot at the title. It's different for Del Rio, too. I enjoyed his recent feud with Cena, because it was kinda refreshing. I feel the same about Batista/Del Rio. But, like you said, BITW, they should be elevating younger guys and boosting them. I guess some of those guys you listed are doing that already, though. Punk has been kinda boosting the Shield, and Bryan has been boosting the Wyatt Family. It'd be good to see those two in particular in main-event feuds again, although Bryan/Wyatt(s) is slowly becoming one of the biggest stories on the show, and Punk looks to be entering a feud with the Authority (slowly, but surely).

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I heard several reports that Daniel Bryan will not be in the rumble... Therefore cm punk's chances increase and Batistas increase greatly. As much as I'd love a suprise winner I can't see it happening, also with delrio getting shine with Batista lets not rule him out. Personally I'd love to see punk win but besides him I'd really like dolph to turn things around and score the big victory in the ultimate fashion, but if he's still injured id root for Cody Rhodes, he deserves a shot at the big time, better and more athletic orton IMO.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Wait, Ziggler isn't injured as far as I know. He's just been in the doghouse for a while. Wish I knew what he did do have fallen so far.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Dude. Ryback gave him a serious concussion a cpl weeks ago... Hence why he hasn't been on tv, I read articles and visit all the wrestling websites everyday.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I mean, so do I. And I do vaguely remember something about that, now that you mention it. But Ziggler's been in the doghouse ever since that concussion he got shortly after winning the Heavyweight title.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Anyway back to my original point... Bryan will not enter the rumble does this change your opinion on potential winners and outcomes?

Outlier

What are the chances of Jericho coming back at the Rumble again?

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
welcome brother!

I'd love to see the ayatollah of rock n rolla back at the rumble. There will be se good suprise entrants I feel, jake the snake possibly, I've also heard kevin nash might enter

Outlier

I love the rumble it's so unpredictable and exciting. I don't follow wrestling as much as I used to but I make sure I never miss Rumble or Mania. ( :

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I hear besides mania the rumble is ways my second most anticipated ppv of the year. The royal rumble match is the best gimmick match of all time.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Anyway back to my original point... Bryan will not enter the rumble does this change your opinion on potential winners and outcomes?

Mmm, not really. I feel as though either Batista or maybe CM Punk will win. But well, maybe CM Punk will get eliminated by Kane or some sorts so Batista might end up winning the whole thing. Then again, this is the WWE who also love to throw curve balls every now and then, so, someone random can also win for a push? ;o;

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Batista's won the Rumble before, but CM Punk, on the other hand, hasn't. For that reason, I think chances of Punk winning it are a little more high. Personally though, I'd like an up-and-comer like Roman Reigns to win. He may not be ready to main-event Wrestlemania yet, but still… I'm just a huge fan of the guy. d:

Last edited:

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
My original pick was Batista because I can't see them bringing him in not to win it, but than again having him feud with delrio might indicate those two going at it at mania and I that's the case I can't see anyone else but punk winning if Bryan for sure isn't in it. I think reigns will get eliminated by Ambrose or Rollins or both hand officially end the shield.

Years
I'd like to join as well.

Batista's my pick to win this year's Royal Rumble and headline WrestleMania. I don't see why they would hype his return for a month, make him look bigger than he actually is, and not have him compete in one of the top two matches at WrestleMania (the other match being against the Undertaker, but I'm positive that we won't be seeing that again). Here's the confirmed list of dates Batista is scheduled to work.

Spoiler:

He's not competing at the Elimination Chamber PPV, that basically confirms his win at the Royal Rumble. Honestly, I hate the guy in and out of the ring for obvious reasons.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'd love for Punk to able to win, but his feud with The Authority's really only just beginning. Add the fact that he's coming in at number 1, and his chances sorta decline. Yeah, sure, people from number one have gone to win the Rumble, and if anyone should be able to do it, Punk is definitely the guy. But circumstance doesn't really make that seem likely. I'm hoping for a swerve, cause honestly, making the Rumble unpredictable is, or was, one of the best redeeming factors of the match. They might pull a Jericho/Sheamus again, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed. Is it likely? Eh.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Welcome Jin of gale I agree I can't see them bringing him back and not having him win. I mean besides punk and a potential Jericho return he's the biggest name. But having him feud with delrio makes me wonder a bit. I'm pulling for punk tho obviously lol. I do think a great swerve would be Ziggler snapping his down streak by winning. The rumble that would be the ultimate turn around and momentum shift. Though that's highly unlikely, so my number one pick as I said when I heard he was returning is Batista but since he's got this thing with delrio my second choice is punk.

I've been thinking about how hogans scheduled for wrestlemania and plans include piper and cena reportedly well it got me thinking about wrestlemania 1... I'm just pitching this out there... Piper, cena vs hogan , mr t or maybe even big e because he looks like him
http://youtu.be/UO1Qa6W-Dss

Last edited:
Years
Didn't know there was a wrestling fan thread on the site. If I could throw in my 2 cents..

Batista's clearly the odds on favorite. Like everyone was saying, why else come back now? I'd like to think Punk has a shot to win as winning the rumble is really the only thing left for him to do. It seems like he'll end up having a match with HHH at Mania though. Wasn't a fan of their last match, so hoping I'm wrong on that one though.

It's a total waste not having Bryan enter the rumble. They turned him back from being a Wyatt so soon because the fans aren't going to stop cheering for him. They need to take advantage of how insanely popular he is. It's so rare to have a wrestler that connects with the casual and hardcore fans like he has.
May just be because I can't stand the Wyatt family, but he's being wasted with them (I understand he's being used to help elevate them, I just can't stand them).

So since there is only one title now, what's the point of the elimination chamber? What does the winner get?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Elimination Chamber would pretty much remain the way it is, but instead of having two Chamber matches, I'm guessing we'd have only one? If they do want to keep the second match though, then maybe they could make it for either of those mid-card titles. This would bring a lot of prestige back into them if they do.

Anyway, are there any guys that you'd like to see make a surprise entrance into the Rumble? I, personally, want to see Hulk Hogan. He could come in, eliminate a few guys, then perhaps get eliminated by a heel like Randy Orton? Hogan's been wanting to return for a while now according to some wrestling sites, and in my opinion, this would be the perfect way. :]

Years
I keep reading WWE wants to unify the US and Intercontinental titles and that it may happen at Elimination chamber. It would bring a lot of needed prestige to them. It's been over 2 months since Dean defended too.

Dream booking, I'd love to see Goldberg show up. Spear everyone in half. Then have some young guy eliminate him. As amazing as a hogan return would be I can't see WWE letting him back in the ring. But if they did, I'd think it would be at the rumble.

Anyone think the rumble will be when the shield finally breaks up? Seeing those three in the final 4 together would be fantastic. Reigns will have a huge part in the rumble, but I hope the other two get to shin as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm all for merging the titles together. It'd revert the mid-card division to the way it was before and make it all relevant again. If this does happen though, and they decide to give the title a makeover, I'd like its design to resemble the World Heavyweight title. That, or the Winged Eagle belt. I'd be happy with either, haha.

Back