• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon 'Diamond' - Keitai Denjuu Telefang

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Let's Play Pokemon Diamond!
A Screenshot LP​

di.jpg

Ah, good old Pokemon -wait, what?

Note: Most music files will not currently work because ripway.com sucks. To be fixed soon!

For those who do not know, there are a pair of old GBC games called 'Pokemon Diamond and Jade'. They're infamous for their talk of curry and random swearing and hilarious engrish!​

Said games are really badly pirated and translated games called 'Keitai Denjuu Telefang', which was another monster-collecting+fighting game that was only ever officially released in Japan (it also got a Japanese-only sequel). But said piraters tried to pass their poorly translated works as Pokemon games, completely with box art and a different title screen! Within the game though (bar it being in English Engrish and having the odd problem with saving in cases) it was simply the Telefang game, with no Pokemon to be found inside.​

'Pokemon Diamond' was the 'Power version' of Telefang, while Jade was the 'Speed version'. (I don't believe they're referring to that sort of speed, but...). Well, have a Telefang box art pic​

Spoiler:

But it's not a bad game - some tough battles, frustrating mazes, catchy music and very entertaining engrish - what's not to love? ;p​

I've decided to replay this game - I actually had a game pak with this as a kid which provided me with many, many hours of confusion. Hope you enjoy it too!​

Note I'll throw up tunes when they come up in the game via sound clip player windows! Press play to, well, play, and if it lags it's not my fault.

Warning - swearing is abounds in this game in some stages. But it's engrish swearing so it's all good! ;p

Part One - Down the Rabbit Hole!
Or part of the long intro sequence in which a lot of baseballs happen.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ah..I remembered playing Diamond. Oh the memories. You make me think why I stopped playing it a few years ago. n__n

The only thing I don't understand, though, is the monsters having phones. o_o

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ah..I remembered playing Diamond. Oh the memories. You make me think why I stopped playing it a few years ago. n__n

The only thing I don't understand, though, is the monsters having phones. o_o
Heh, cool that I got one person to recall them wacky adventures. =p And yes, that was always a confusing aspect of the game, especially considering some of the telephone calls...

Anyways, let's get right through that intro!

Part Two - A Whole New World
Or the rest of the long intro sequence in which a magic phone happens.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Spoiler:

seriously, I laughed so hard here. xD
Best LP evar!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Yay, people to quote!
Spoiler:

seriously, I laughed so hard here. xD
Best LP evar!
Well cheers for indicating what parts amused you and the compliment. =) Glad you enjoyed it, and hope it shall continue!
That tree stump is an *******, you should stay the hell away from him in the future.
Yeah, but there are far more devious foes to encounter.

Annnd onwards to part three! Long update is long, but eh.

Part Three - Looking for NETARO
Or a lot of walking north in which for the patient reader, curry increase!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
Now I understand why did you write in your signature "A Let's Play with curry and Engrish"...

By the way, great LP. It's funny to see how much pirates can fail in making a translation of a game (specially after seeing that they labeled it as a Pokémon game).

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I'm both elated and annoyed at this LP. /was planning to make a fanfic about Pokémon 'Diamond'... but regardless. |P I was amused considerably, but of course remain confused by virtue of it having anything to do with Diamond/Jade... yeah. I'm sure that a Let's Play of this game will produce much snickering as time goes on.

Last edited:

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
If I remember correctly, it actually have a better translation that I have played once.

Pretty fun on the battles once you get the hang of it, actually.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
[Midew T] = Mildew Trainers?

That's what I thought it meant, what that says about me I have no idea.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Now I understand why did you write in your signature "A Let's Play with curry and Engrish"...

By the way, great LP. It's funny to see how much pirates can fail in making a translation of a game (specially after seeing that they labeled it as a Pokémon game).
Yeah, I suppose on doesn't often here about a LP with engrish AND curry... Hurrah for you finding it amusing though. =)
I'm both elated and annoyed at this LP. /was planning to make a fanfic about Pokémon 'Diamond'... but regardless. |P I was amused considerably, but of course remain confused by virtue of it having anything to do with Diamond/Jade... yeah. I'm sure that a Let's Play of this game will produce much snickering as time goes on.
I imagine you would be. =p I hope a do a worthy job on Pokemon Diamond then I guess if you were thinking of doing a fic. ;p May there be snickering!
If I remember correctly, it actually have a better translation that I have played once.

Pretty fun on the battles once you get the hang of it, actually.
I have heard likewise, but I have never seen a completed project of the such. (I have recently seen an even worse pirate of telefang though =/).

And agreed - the battles can be certainly fun and challenging too. Certainly a fair bit involved in them as well.
[Midew T] = Mildew Trainers?

That's what I thought it meant, what that says about me I have no idea.
According to wikipedia, 'Mildew refers to certain kinds of mold or fungus', so even then it seems odd (or maybe not that odd considering it's telefang) that they ask if one is a mold/fungus trainer?

And...

Part Four: Still looking for NETARO
Or wandering about a cave and finding out what a trainer looks like.

Spoiler:

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
Years
Monsters with confusing dialogue? A politician that wants to make a curry store and doesn't knows how to use a phone and thinks water is dangerous? A girl that (apparently) is a guy? This game is starting to get extremely confusing... Maybe if I played the game I would understand it. *downloads ROM*

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
I never felt any suspense playing this because of the bad Engrish. :<

Oh, don't forget to buy items.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
damn the engrish! xD
it's too confusing to keep track of who is who and what is what @_@

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Monsters with confusing dialogue? A politician that wants to make a curry store and doesn't knows how to use a phone and thinks water is dangerous? A girl that (apparently) is a guy? This game is starting to get extremely confusing... Maybe if I played the game I would understand it. *downloads ROM*
Maybe...but I wouldn't count on it too much, I can't say I have left out much at all. =p

I never felt any suspense playing this because of the bad Engrish. :<

Oh, don't forget to buy items.
Yeah, the Engrish does kill off any suspense in a dialogue-heavy game. =/ Oh well, at least it's amusing?

Yeah, I'll be sure to spend, although items usually aren't too important in this game unless you're intent on trying to get as many as you can or exploiting exp stuff. =D
damn the engrish! xD
it's too confusing to keep track of who is who and what is what @_@
Well...it gets worse. =p In more ways than one! But this game does have a number of characters, that's for sure...

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Oh i remember playing this as a little kid. ~

lol... I found it rude that I wasn't allowed to save... So yeah, it bored me pretty quickly (I once left the pc on when I paused and I played together with my brother, we got pretty far back then), At that time I couldn't read english. And the only thing that was familliar to me was "curry" Although at that time I only knew it as some sort of... Sauce...? So yeah... I pretty much skipped everything that is said. Looking at this LP makes me laugh since I now understand english. xDD

Ahaha ~ I also called kuribute Sandslash first but then I just said it's name correctly (somehow it reminds me of kirby...)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It get's... worse? Is that even possible? O.o

At least the Engrish is funny, like you already said.
Yes! =p Anyways, more characters, confusing plots and other stuff contributes to it. =p

That is, if ypu can guess what they are. I wouldn't trust anyone to buy a gun from a countertop. Who knows if it is safe. And what would a kid be doing with that gun anyways?
You wouldn't, but the creatures in the e-monster world do! =D And guns are not quite the 'worst' and such items actually do have a use in a way...but you will see. =p
Oh i remember playing this as a little kid. ~

lol... I found it rude that I wasn't allowed to save... So yeah, it bored me pretty quickly (I once left the pc on when I paused and I played together with my brother, we got pretty far back then), At that time I couldn't read english. And the only thing that was familliar to me was "curry" Although at that time I only knew it as some sort of... Sauce...? So yeah... I pretty much skipped everything that is said. Looking at this LP makes me laugh since I now understand english. xDD

Ahaha ~ I also called kuribute Sandslash first but then I just said it's name correctly (somehow it reminds me of kirby...)
Yay for another person who experienced this as a child! XD

I seem to be lucky to have had a copy of the game and not have saving issues with it too, I suppose. And at least now you can 'understand' what is being said I suppose?
Actually, it's worse. What would a kid be doing giving a gun to a monster?
So it can use D shoot, obviously. ;p And anyways, a few updates will cover items (because that's only when the game begins to cover it itself!)

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Yup. I know english nao so I see alot of engrish. xD I've been starting playing too again.

Before that everytime I saw the word 'currie' I was like: "CURRRIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" =D

Well yeah, after a while I got stuck because I didn't know what to do. So I was just messing around in the desert, trying to find a way to make any progress.. xDD Oh well, now I made it through. :3

Back