• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Hack [AMIPS Released]

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Pokemon Hack

The title doesn't mean 'A' Pokemon Hack, the actual name is Pokemon [pause a little] Hack.
I think it's time for the good old 8 gym, E4 type hack, to come back into fashion and I've been working on this hack idea for over 2 months and I'm still working on it.

Story
[or at least what it says at the start]
Spoiler:

Teams
Spoiler:

Screenies
Spoiler:

Starters -

Male - Growlithe
Female - Vulpix

Catchable Legendary Pokemon -

Mew
Entei
Ho-oh
Lugia
Zapdos
Groundon
Kyogre
Regice

Notes :-

A Pager
Gym leaders help you
Judge in almost every town
Trainer card checks
EV forest
Gym leaders appear in EV Forest
New OW's
Can see every pokemon OR Gen 4 Pokemon

Credit:

Advanced Map
PKSVUI
NSE
DayAndNight
A-Trainer
Tiles - PHO & Green Charizard

Releases:

Alpha Maps IPS [23/04/2011] - Stopped: Use download below

Last edited:

Mouse_Runner

Rising Star
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 13, 2023
I've played... quite a few hacks... and this one looks very good. Cool story and everything. :) Go you. :D Hope it's out soon. :D

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
change the grass and road pallete a little greener, and it will look great.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Update and Replies

I've played... quite a few hacks... and this one looks very good. Cool story and everything. :) Go you. :D Hope it's out soon. :D

Thanks, I haven't done much of the scripting because I've got all the maps down on paper and I'm going to do those before I do a lot of the scripting. x

change the grass and road pallete a little greener, and it will look great.

I'm using the Diamond/Pearl tiles for those and they look good with the day time colours. I'll upload some screenies of a new route I just did soon. x

UPDATE:

I've mapped, the Starting Town, the First Town and 4 routes. Once I've done the next town and 4 more routes I'll start on the scripting for the Alpha. x

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
it should be called Pokémon Hack Version/Edition :P

The screens are looking great must I say and a very creative story!

xCalierz

Don't look, it kills the irony
Years
OH DEAR GOD, THE PHO DP ROM BASE!. MY EYES!
All jokes aside, the mapping in this hack looks quite good from what I can can see.
I would recommend changing the building tiles to Wesley FG's DP buildings to match the tileset styles, but that's your choice.
I wish you the best of luck.

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
it should be called Pokémon Hack Version/Edition :P

The screens are looking great must I say and a very creative story!

Thanks, I like the sound of Pokemon Hack. I want it to be a hack, not a amazing tale of awe and stupendous scripts with amazing yada yada. It's a hack. A Pokemon Hack. :P

OH DEAR GOD, THE PHO DP ROM BASE!. MY EYES!
All jokes aside, the mapping in this hack looks quite good from what I can can see.
I would recommend changing the building tiles to Wesley FG's DP buildings to match the tileset styles, but that's your choice.
I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks aswell. I didn't insert the tiles myself, I just used the rom base like you joked. :P If Wesley FG has a rom base that is easily patched then by all means send me a link by PM, but I'm not good enough to do that myself. :P x

UPDATE:

Just mapped route 4. :) x

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Damn, you get progress here done quickly, it takes about 2 weeks to make 2 maps. anyways, if you need help inserting tiles or something like that, your welcome to ask, i help anyone who is in need of help. :P

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Damn, you get progress here done quickly, it takes about 2 weeks to make 2 maps. anyways, if you need help inserting tiles or something like that, your welcome to ask, i help anyone who is in need of help. :P

Really? 2 weeks?? Takes me about 30-40 minutes to do one. :/ I thought I took too long to make them. lol ^^

Thank you for the offer of help. I may ask later. x

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Maps do take a long time. It takes over an hour for me to do a large one.
Scripts also take a while for long ones. Hacking in general takes too much time.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years
This hack has some potential... But I agree with changing some tiles. That would make it a lot better.

And My maps take me anywhere from 30-90 minutes. The good ones are usually in the 50-75 range. Usually about 15 of the minutes is figuring out what to make!

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
Update and Replies

Maps do take a long time. It takes over an hour for me to do a large one.
Scripts also take a while for long ones. Hacking in general takes too much time.

I think it is fully worth the time. x

This hack has some potential... But I agree with changing some tiles. That would make it a lot better.

And My maps take me anywhere from 30-90 minutes. The good ones are usually in the 50-75 range. Usually about 15 of the minutes is figuring out what to make!

I'm trying to change them. lol

UPDATE:

Just mapped another Town and a route. I'll start scripting soon. x

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
you get progress done quickly, hope your scripting is as decent as your mapping

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
you make me feel like a slowpoke at mapping with all those updates lol. i'll find out soon enough if you are a good mapper.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
Well, just for you. lol
Spoiler:

There aren't any trainers on these Routes yet and the first screenshot is a different Route to the others. x

the screenshots look nice and i like the how you make it look like it was night.

E.C.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2021
on the hack it says "can see every pokemon" does that mean you will have gen 1 to 5 pokemon?

Back