• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
She was a supplemented character to give the players a female choice. Thus making Lyra and Kris the same as Leaf, an unimportant character created for the sake of adding a female role to a game that didn't originally have one.

Well they originally had a female role planned for Gen I but it got cut out due to limitations or something, so I wouldn't really say it's the same case. I doubt they'd change May and Brendan anyway due to them really being the first properly named protagonists(May also was a big part of the anime, unlike the females of the first 2 gens).

I also think the Moss rock, Cold rock, etc. will be included. Deep in Shoal Cave could be the location of the Cold Rock, Petalburg Woods could be the location of Moss Rock, and maybe New Mauville for the magnetic evolutions? The problem I see with the last one is how they'd have to prevent you from evolving Magneton(Magnemite are gotten there) if they don't intend on expanding the Dex to include new evos from the start.

As for Day/Night, they could be easily implemented because, although there was no real day/night, they could evolve depending on the time of day.

On another note, I hope the Battle Frontier facilities run in a similar way, just with the needed tweaks to bring it up-to-date.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The problem I see with the last one is how they'd have to prevent you from evolving Magneton(Magnemite are gotten there) if they don't intend on expanding the Dex to include new evos from the start.

Lol why wouldn't they?

Had no problem adding Tangrowth, Yanmega, Mamoswine, Lickilicky, Ambipom to Johto-dex.

Unless itd be too strong for when you get to ~30 lvls?? Doubt it since you can get an Alakazam at lv.16 etc....Chargestone cave in BW2 wasnt a problem either.

The only thing that I dont like about this is how Banette doesnt evolve :(
Hoenn-sequel-newGen-remake-hybrid plz

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
The only thing that I dont like about this is how Banette doesnt evolve :(

He's not the only non-legendary Pokémon who doesn't currently evolve, is he? Whichever other Pokémon don't have evolutions should gain them in the RSE remakes or Generation VI.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
He's not the only non-legendary Pokémon who doesn't currently evolve, is he? Whichever other Pokémon don't have evolutions should gain them in the RSE remakes or Generation VI.

Let me clarify, just in case.. I said Banette, because its counterpart, Dusclops, got an evolution after RSE.
The only other one from Hoenn this has happened to is, Skarmory not getting a "Mantyke", but Mantine was not found in RSE so it doesn't matter in this case.

Just remembered Roserade <3
Roselias would actually be useful for a Hoenn journey with that!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's if they don't keep those locations locked up...like say a secret part of the Petalburg woods we can't access until post game, etc. Though again Eevee isn't even a Hoenn pokemon so that'll be how it'll work (strangely B2W2 had the locations restricted until post game places despite all eeveelutions being in the dex). If anyone is added it'll proably be Magnezone. Roselia proably won't be able to get the stone needed until post game...
Also does anyone think there'll be a mission post game to trade with BWB2W2 like there was one with FrLG and RS. It's possible seeing how Unova is so far away...they could make us establish a far distant link using a Black Stone and White stone etc.
Also I wonder how we'll get the DNA Splicers in game for the new Kyurem forms...I guess Drake could give them to us, or perhaps they'll be in Meteor falls in a secret room (the last one seems most possible to me), maybe Kyurem can be in game too through an event like how DPG can be obtained through the Arceus event.
Ps: Does anyone see GF adding any new forms? FrLg were the only remakes thus far to introduce a new form (Deoxys A and D forms) so it might happen again...though I heavily doubt it.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
If they do make RS remakes, they should include E too.

I also think they should add the battle frontier from the anime, changed up a bit.
The battle frontier that is actually in the game, although a good idea, its not incorporated very well. The way it worked in the anime was better imo

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I don't think Gamefreak wants to do one massive game. They've put it off and even told fans that they had no intent on making one, when it was brought up as a home game issue. Even if the storage capacity is higher they'd probably have to sacrifice a lot to be able to fit more than 2 region into the game carts. Given that there is a lot of codin that has to go along with the region itself.

Tiles change with time and weather, individual grass movement, music, Pokemon spawns, and individual region events, not to mention they'd have to start adding in a lot of new information to make up for the lack of story for each region and have to give everyone a valid reason to attend each region.

By the time you are through half of the third region, you also have a high chance of being level 100, which leaves the 4th and 5th region with nothing but level 100s which isn't very appealing to everyone.

You also have gamefreak's signature reason for making games to consider. We'd get 2 games missing a lot of Pokemon from one game to keep connectivity between the two games. Gamefreak will pull out a lot of pokemon to force players to trade between games and that could become an unappealing part of the game itself.

There is too much to think about when it comes to merging all the regions into one that in the end its too much work for little possible prize.

Home Consol, MMO, Mash up of the regions is an idea that all fans have had in the past, but its an idea with a lot of potential to kill the franchise only in the it gets harder to update department because if they release a new region they have to re-release the master game with all the new Pokemon, attacks, items, character, music, events (or even more new events).

Too much hassle, not enough positive feedback on it.

I definitely understand why they wouldn't want a home console release, and they probably wouldn't utilize all regions in one game, but it is possible to include 2-3 regions and still not have the opposing Pokemon be all at LV100 (which I also realize is a huge obstacle in creating these huge "mash-up" games). As for pulling out Pokemon for the "two-game" feature, people already find that either great or horrible, and I don't think their opinion would change too much, especially when having fun running from region to region.

The "lack of story," though, is exactly the reason why I bring up that possibility. Having more regions will allow for more experiments with the story, which is honestly what the franchise needs right now.

And as for "rereleasing the master game" when an update happens, the 3DS is compatible with DLC. I'm not entirely sure how that would work, because as you've said they would be pushing it in terms of data space, but it's certainly not an impossible thing.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new game with Hoenn as an extra region, with that in itself serving as our remakes.

If they do make RS remakes, they should include E too.

All remakes we've had so far are actually the third version remade but with the version differences of the first two games applied to them. For instance, the Eusine and Suicune sub-plot in HGSS.

As to how that will work with RS remakes, I don't know, but it's almost certain we will see some elements of Emerald in there as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I definitely understand why they wouldn't want a home console release, and they probably wouldn't utilize all regions in one game, but it is possible to include 2-3 regions and still not have the opposing Pokemon be all at LV100 (which I also realize is a huge obstacle in creating these huge "mash-up" games). As for pulling out Pokemon for the "two-game" feature, people already find that either great or horrible, and I don't think their opinion would change too much, especially when having fun running from region to region.

The "lack of story," though, is exactly the reason why I bring up that possibility. Having more regions will allow for more experiments with the story, which is honestly what the franchise needs right now.

And as for "rereleasing the master game" when an update happens, the 3DS is compatible with DLC. I'm not entirely sure how that would work, because as you've said they would be pushing it in terms of data space, but it's certainly not an impossible thing.

I really wouldn't be surprised if we saw a new game with Hoenn as an extra region, with that in itself serving as our remakes.

All remakes we've had so far are actually the third version remade but with the version differences of the first two games applied to them. For instance, the Eusine and Suicune sub-plot in HGSS.

As to how that will work with RS remakes, I don't know, but it's almost certain we will see some elements of Emerald in there as well.

DS games were compatible with DLC. Pokemon B/W and B2W2 Has Downloadable content. If you mean data added to the game that didn't exist in the original game like say Hearthfire or Dawnguard for Skyrim, I don't think they are that compatible as force feeding new data into a chip like that corrodes the data unlike a disc where the save files are stored separately and the DLC doesn't effect the original game data at all. I haven't seen any DS or 3DS games with full DLC that wasn't already programmed into the games in some way shape or form and just needed the DLC to unlock items or creatures to fully activate them, like all of the Pokemon Downloads from B/W/D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

As for thirds always appearing in the remakes, that isn't completely true. Even though Yellow was a Fourth title in Japan it is acknowledged to be the Third Title to Pokemon everywhere else and none of the extra changes from Yellow were added into FR/LG.

While I do support that Emerald's Magma Hideout and Rayquaza being able to stop the fight should be added, we don't have definitive proof that they will be there. Gamefreak can always just ignore the events of Emerald since they are already identical to the events in Ruby and Sapphire.

Years
"All remakes we've had so far are actually the third version remade but with the version differences of the first two games applied to them. For instance, the Eusine and Suicune sub-plot in HGSS.

As to how that will work with RS remakes, I don't know, but it's almost certain we will see some elements of Emerald in there as well."

It will probably be similar to HGSS. Where all three legendaries are available in the game but you can only capture the version mascot before the Elite four and the other 2 after. The only thing I want to see is an expanded upon aftergame, I think Emerald's aftergame left much more to be desired then the Battle Frontier.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years

Random idea, but if we want a new console pokemon game then Bethseda should make it. Admit it, you think it would be epic too.

All remakes we've had so far are actually the third version remade but with the version differences of the first two games applied to them.

I never noticed any Yellow elements in FR/LG.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
DS games were compatible with DLC. Pokemon B/W and B2W2 Has Downloadable content. If you mean data added to the game that didn't exist in the original game like say Hearthfire or Dawnguard for Skyrim, I don't think they are that compatible as force feeding new data into a chip like that corrodes the data unlike a disc where the save files are stored separately and the DLC doesn't effect the original game data at all. I haven't seen any DS or 3DS games with full DLC that wasn't already programmed into the games in some way shape or form and just needed the DLC to unlock items or creatures to fully activate them, like all of the Pokemon Downloads from B/W/D/P/Pt/HG/SS.

As for thirds always appearing in the remakes, that isn't completely true. Even though Yellow was a Fourth title in Japan it is acknowledged to be the Third Title to Pokemon everywhere else and none of the extra changes from Yellow were added into FR/LG.

While I do support that Emerald's Magma Hideout and Rayquaza being able to stop the fight should be added, we don't have definitive proof that they will be there. Gamefreak can always just ignore the events of Emerald since they are already identical to the events in Ruby and Sapphire.
Okay, I didn't realize that about the DLCs corroding data on a cartridge. Scratch my idea for the time being, then.

As for Yellow Version, I do understand that it's recognized as the "international" third version, but I don't think Game Freak was considering that too much, or else we would have gotten "AquaBlue" and not "LeafGreen." Also realize that at the end of the day, Yellow Version is really an anime spin-off done in the style of the main series of games. Because of that, its canonity is debated among fans and probably did not get as much focus from Game Freak as Blue Version when working on FireRed and LeafGreen.

"All remakes we've had so far are actually the third version remade but with the version differences of the first two games applied to them. For instance, the Eusine and Suicune sub-plot in HGSS.

As to how that will work with RS remakes, I don't know, but it's almost certain we will see some elements of Emerald in there as well."

It will probably be similar to HGSS. Where all three legendaries are available in the game but you can only capture the version mascot before the Elite four and the other 2 after. The only thing I want to see is an expanded upon aftergame, I think Emerald's aftergame left much more to be desired then the Battle Frontier.
You could catch both mascots in the original Gold and Silver, so I don't think that was specifically brought in from Crystal.

I never noticed any Yellow elements in FR/LG.
Yellow is a spin-off of the anime, and the fourth game of generation 1. Blue is the third version of gen 1, and all it really changed were the sprites and some in-game trades.

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
With how they were released, its hard to determine.

I think it was Red and Green for Japan, and Red and Blue for the US.

In the release countries, same day release. So, following 3rd release then Blue would be it for Japan, yet Yellow would be it for the US.

For the US, Yellow is technically the 3rd gen 1 game since Green was never released in the US.

...We need a Yellow remake now that I thinks of it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gamefreak do acknowledge it as a third though. They do call it a third as Blue is Japanese Third and Yellow is International third. There also isn't any difference at all between Red, Blue, or Green so you can't really say that they added the third game to the first two for the remakes when all three were exactly the same.

I didn't see the responses to some of the earlier questions I asked about evolution. Incense babies were specifically not in the HG/SS Pokedex while their Evolutions were. There were also some that evolved by specific stones that weren't in the main story either.

I think Gamefreak is probably going to do the same thing. Those with extra evolutions won't have their evolutions part of the main game Pokedex and will be added National dex, this is like Dusknoir since the Reaper Cloth isn't native to Hoenn. Same for Roselia not getting either her Baby nor her evolution since both items needed and the Pokemon were added in Generation 4.

Togetic couldn't evolve into Togekiss (or at least Togekiss wasn't part of the Pokedex in HG/SS), Wynaut wasn't in HG/SS, Couldn't evolve Magneton into Magnezone (You had to trade Magneton to D/P/Pt in order to evolve it into Magneton same as Eevee in FR/LG), Couldn't get Electivire or Magmortor in HG/SS until you got National Dex either. There are a lot of others like this...

So I'm gunna go with since they aren't originally part of the original game, Moss Rock, Icy Rock, and Magnetic area won't be in the remakes.

As for Eevee thing, R/S/E had a time system. You had to trade Eevee to them to evolve it into Espeon/Umbreon. I brought that up cause it was impossible to evolve eevee in FR/LG because the original R/G/B/Y Didn't have a time system so they didn't add one in the remakes. Apparently Eevee can't evolve into Glaceon or Leafeon on HG/SS either...

blue

gucci
Years
Well you couldn't evolve Magneton to Magnezone in HGSS and Magnemite was included in the Johto dex, the only two which I think you will be able to evolve is Nosepass & Roselia which seems pretty reasonable considering they have quite low stats before they evolve. Maybe you could level Nosepass up at Meteor Falls or something and with Roselia you obtain a Shiny Stone at a later point in the game say Victory Road? or somewhere Post-storyline.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

The extras of Crystal and Emerald are not the same logic.

Conceptually
In Gen II, they added a random forced plot with Suicune for C
In Gen III, they excluded Rayquazas plot for RS
So Crystal was probably decided after GS, whereas they planned RSE with the third version already in mind.

If that makes any sense... GS were complete, with C just adding extra stuff, whereas RS were intentionally lacking the prepared full plot, so E could be the proper version.

My point being that based on
"theyve just added the 'extras' to the initial games for the previous remakes"
you cant assume they will keep this approach, because it is not the same problem.

Id be less surprised really if they decided to remake the third version TOO this time, than if they forced the Rayquaza plot where it doesnt belong.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The extras of Crystal and Emerald are not the same logic.

Conceptually
In Gen II, they added a random forced plot with Suicune for C
In Gen III, they excluded Rayquazas plot for RS
So Crystal was probably decided after GS, whereas they planned RSE with the third version already in mind.

If that makes any sense... GS were complete, with C just adding extra stuff, whereas RS were intentionally lacking the prepared full plot, so E could be the proper version.

My point being that based on
"theyve just added the 'extras' to the initial games for the previous remakes"
you cant assume they will keep this approach, because it is not the same problem.

Id be less surprised really if they decided to remake the third version TOO this time, than if they forced the Rayquaza plot where it doesnt belong.

Gamefreak said they don't plan the next set of games until they finished the first set. So Emerald wasn't planned during Ruby/Sapphire, nor would it really matter as Emerald was a Director's Cut already making it different from Crystal. All they had to do for Emerald was ask the current director of the Generation what HE thought the story should be and he merged the stories of Ruby and Sapphire and added a few extra details.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Gamefreak said they don't plan the next set of games until they finished the first set. So Emerald wasn't planned during Ruby/Sapphire, nor would it really matter as Emerald was a Director's Cut already making it different from Crystal. All they had to do for Emerald was ask the current director of the Generation what HE thought the story should be and he merged the stories of Ruby and Sapphire and added a few extra details.

I would perhaps buy if they said that they didn't know how they'll buff Kyurem yet when they made BW,
or even what they'd do with Giratina, since the Torn world and forme seem like something they might have simply thought of later,

but Rayquaza stopping an epic fight was obviously part of the plan all along... e_e

Lets say it this way,
They set up the basics in the main games, so they have something to work with for the extra version. Unlike Crystal, where they had nothing and went with the random Suicune thing, which even the anime might have been the main influence for..

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
As much as I want a RSE remake, I think its never going to happen. They already have connectivity (transfer of Pokemon and all that good stuff) between all the games already. The only reason why there was Gen I and Gen II remakes because there is no connectivity between the newer games and them. But because they might not have brand new ideas for the Gen VI game, they MIGHT remake it to buy some time for their Gen VI game.

Don't flame me, its just my opinion.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The issue with the connectivity is that the DS lite will (if not already) be retired thus leaving Gen III out, though B2W2 does have a lot of the Hoenn mon's and HgSs have the legends...hmm I guess that's sort does neutralize the point of remakes other than to enhance graphics, add new areas, and make more money especially if it's a 3Ds game...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The issue with the connectivity is that the DS lite will (if not already) be retired thus leaving Gen III out, though B2W2 does have a lot of the Hoenn mon's and HgSs have the legends...hmm I guess that's sort does neutralize the point of remakes other than to enhance graphics, add new areas, and make more money especially if it's a 3Ds game...

Already repeated myself on this many times XD

Only reason for R/S/E Remakes right now is rehash/update of the story and graphic update. This is double-edged to many fans also wanting Gen 1 remakes again seeing as they are also out of date again by the same logic. Some want a one and one, some don't want Gen 1 remade again, some want Gen 1 remade and not Gen 3. (Met a few. Confuses me too.)

Something is gunna happen at some point and time. Eventually all the games will be recycled a second go round just to keep the stories in circulation and to have them keep up with current graphics. 30-40 more years from now we'll (Pokemon Fanbase not specifically us) be asking for Gen 3 remakes again after Gen 1 and Gen 2 reremakes.

Hell Mario does a lot. Its usually the same thing over and over again, sometimes the same exact story with new powers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back