• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Trick House

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
"Trick Master is a babe..." Okay so in Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald on Route 110, there was a house. Upon entering the house, there would a little sparkle. If you clicked on the object that sparkled you'd find a man. The man would go behind the scroll on the wall in the house and if you followed him, you'd find yourself at the start of a maze. Your objective was to find a scroll, and then find the exit. When you completed the maze, the Trick Master would give you a prize. So did you like the Trick House? What was your favourite puzzle? Do you wish there were more challenges? Do you wish to see more things like it in future games?

Discuss!

Spr_3r_267.png

So fluttery~

Years
Trick house was one of my all time favouritde Gen III additions! it was just something exciting to do when you were bored or anything and it was always fun to do the puzzles. my favourites would have to be the Trivia quiz level and the sliding floor. sliding floors rule :)

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
The Trick house was one of those things that a game didn't need, but it made you like the game even more. I liked all of the puzzles, but my favorite had to be the buttons puzzle that opened up a certain color door and closed the other with every button press. I just liked the idea of having to get through like that.

My LEAST favorite had to be the quiz bots... Those were annoying and required you to know every little detail about certain things you shouldn't be expected to pay attention to... Ah well. I would have loved more challenges that there were and really hope to see more like it in the future.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Trick House is one of my fave part on RSE, because the puzzles there are so enjoyable. I like the part when I have to use Strength to complete the puzzle.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Trick House was definitely fun. I never used to figure out what I had to do, even when I did see the sparkle, which was frustrating, but once I discovered Trick Master for the first time, I was hooked. I mean like, literally going back to it every time I caught a pokémon, beat a gym...anything. Just in case there was another challenge.

I always thought it would be good if there was a post-game challenge with all the gym leaders in for single battles (as well as having their double-battle rematches in Emerald).

Years
Back when I was playing Ruby I did several of the Trick House challenges but I stopped when I got up to the rotating gates puzzle cos I found it too hard. At least it can give you some neat items when you go through and complete the puzzles.

Years
I always loved the Trick House! It was...how do I describe it?--Innocent fun!--complete exhilaration with figuring out where and what to do next, and having decent exp. with the trainers in the midst of the Trick House. Often times I'd remember the trainers even being lost and thinking to myself: "this man has these poor people trapped! Such fancy evil to his game! Haha."

But I always wondered how many Trick House games did that man have up his sleeve? Did it ever end?

Years
I loved the Trick House, even though I found the Trick Master was quite a mysterious individual. Here's hoping that one of the future Pokémon games will get something like this!

I especially liked the one with the rotating bars, and the most difficult puzzle for me was the sliding floor tiles...

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
I liked the trick house it was something else and a little change I like puzzles and riddles in general so it was great to have it as addition in Pokemon.

Most of them where easy the one I had the most fun on must be the one with the question roboters
But I think it was too short and I would have liked to have more trivia questions.

Years
i liked it and i loved the prizes. the only thing i didnt like was the challenges that required a HM slave, like the cut maze. they werent challenging, and they were just annoying because you needed a slave

Years
Trick House was awesome feature. You didn't need to go there, but you really want to return there. I love it and I really want some kind of this puzzle in X and Y.

Years
I managed to finish all the puzzles. The one I liked the most was actually the quiz bots because it required you to know stuff that you didn't expect to know about.

Years
I really loved the Trick House. The maze I hated the most though was the question mark-shaped maze, and especially in how the Trick Master had cloned himself and shook his head if you got a wrong answer.

My favorite quote (when the mazes aren't complete) is upon when first walking in and the text screen comes up and says "You're being watched..."

Altair1

Willpower
Years
"You're being watched..."
*shudder*

I loved the trick house, I can barely remember the puzzles to be honest, but I remember the first and last prize, a rare candy and a tent!
I actually was a bit down when he left, knowing there would be no more puzzles... Hopefully more mini games like the trick house will be implemented in X & Y.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
The Trick House was an awesome place in Hoenn. For me, it was mainly used for training before taking on my rival and Wattson in Mauville. The prizes I received at the end of each maze were bonuses!

I hope they incorporate similar places into future games and--Arceus PLEASE-- an R/S/E remake.

Anguscr4p

3rd Gen Enthusiast
Years
Just some facts, from personal experience and Bulbapedia...

There was a new challenge after you defeated every gym, and the trainers in that challenge were always a bump stronger than the ones encountered on routes around that time.

He goes away after you complete his final challenge, obtainable after defeating the Elite Four. (This always gave me the sads)

It is the only way to obtain a tent for your secret base.

Each scroll's "code" is a compliment about the Trick Master.

But yeah, I always liked the Trick House, the EXP was nice and the puzzles enjoyable. But what's this about taking hours to finish a puzzle? C'mon guys, they weren't that hard!

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I love the Trick House (seriously, how could anyone not?) I like the Trick Master, the puzzles and most of all, the music. In fact, the instant I read the title of this thread, the music started running through my head.

On my recent Sapphire Nuzlocke, one of the high points of the game for me was getting to Route 110, just so that I could do the Trick House.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
Gosh, I LOVE this house. It's one of my favorite things from Gen III.
I like all the puzzles, but it is kinda annoying when you have to use HMs. I think I managed to complete all the puzzles...Did they reward you with something by completing all?

Anyways, I hope they add something like this in X and Y.

Back