• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How seriously do you take competitive battling?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I'd say I don't take it too seriously, but when I do competitive battling I put in a little more effort then I would in a normal battle x). I try use strategies and predictions, to get victories, but my best method is just purely attack to be honest :P. Items plus certain abilities, work well too :3, but other than that, I do competitive battling for fun. I don't mind if I win or lose, if I win, YAAAY :3, if I lose then at least I can learn from my mistakes next time ;).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I've been partaking in competitive battling for a good 4 years now (ewww whyyyyy), and I definitely don't take it as seriously as I used to. I honestly just do randbats most of the time, but I actually made a terrible NU team so I'm actually getting back into the swing of things.

Years
I've really just now got back into it, so I'm not super serious about Competitive right this moment. Once I get familiarized with Showdown, etc, then I'll probably start up again how I used to be.

Kaitou

Demonic Archangel
Years
I started battling competitively back in Diamond days but I lost wifi before HG came out. Now I'm into it again: building different teams and EV training all sorts of pokemon. I even entered the Winter Competition in PGL... which is the first time I'm competing since Diamond so I don't take it too harshly if I lose. I know there's a bunch of people online infinitely better than me.

I will, however, get so frustrated if I lose to any of my friends/siblings/their friends because I know they don't train/breed like I do. Thankfully that has never happened lol. I beat the **** out of their hacks too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
I try not to take battling seriously no matter the odds. However, some people I might battle brag about themselves and saying that they're opponents are weak which is uncouth. Remember, a true Pokemon trainer does not brag about his or her skills in a battle. He or she gets prepared for the next battle whether the result is victory or defeat.

Back