• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nail Biting

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Nope. I don't bite my nails. I do, however, tear them when they are long enough for me to do so. Therefore, my nails are always uneven and short, especially if I rip them too close to the edge of my finger.

This is me!!! I never understood how people could bite their nails, willingly or unconsciously!!! So gross, dirty, unhygienic, nasty, unclean, just all round ew!!!! Putting your MOST LIKELY UNCLEAN/NOT WASHED RECENTLY nails, harbingers of dirt and disease, into your mouth? I hope you people die of Ebola or something.

I tend to tear my nails whenever I'm in stress or when I'm bored, it gives me something to do to relieve the tension or pass the time. You can often see me picking at the top of the nail of my index fingers with my thumbs, and sometimes I do it if I want to appear disinterested, lol. But yeah, biting your nails? Dirty, disgusting people.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
ewwww noooo ewwww nail biting ewwww

Based on that first sentence, do you think I bite my nails? Yes. No.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
I've been a nailbiter for.... 5-7 years, I think. I can't quite remember how I started (I would love to know why) but I do know it's something my mother has been doing for decades, so perhaps I picked it up from her. I have tried to stop over the years and failed, but then about a week ago I thought to myself "hmm, they aren't overly aesthetically pleasing" and just... stopped. I filed them down so there weren't any rough edges to annoy me and now like an earlier poster in the thread I carry a file around (although for me it's only in school, I assume I'll be too busy to be nailbiting anywhere else). I'm trying to grow them out a tad now (not to any excessive length but even a millimetre of white would be nice!) but it's proving annoyingly difficult to get them all to a similar length. Yes, I am a very masculine person.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I don't nail bite. Instead, I

-twirl hair
-chew up wires and pens
-pull back hair
-suck on my fingers
-gnaw on my joints
-push my eyes in
-mess with my eyelashes
-pinch myself
-shake leg
-tap finger
ect.

I do a lot of things so yeah. Usually I don't notice until I've been doing it for a while though. lol

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I bite my nails all the time. I used to never do it growing up but since I started high school it has become a habit for me. I try to stop but every time I make an attempt to stop biting my nails I end up biting them when I'm nervous without even realizing it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I don't bite my nails but I bite my skin which is an even worse habit that I'm desperately trying to break, but it's very addicting. I've been doing it since I can remember, and I don't think I've ever had all of my fingers wound free at the same time haha.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Never bitten my nails. And to be frank, I find it disgusting when people do. I mean, you touch so much stuff...

Back