• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Do you prefer R/S/E or FR/LG?

Your fave 3rd Generation Series?

• Total voters

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
I have only played Emerald and Firered so far, but I cannot say I prefer one over the other in terms of their series.
Most of my favorite Pokemon come from the 3rd Generation and Hoenn, which is my favorite region so far on top of that. Hoenn is unique from the other regions, the water travel is a big part of the R/S/E games, and I enjoy that. FR/LG on the other hand, have of course the nostalgia. Growing up with the original anime and Pokemon boom, Firered was the first Kanto-based game I played. (If you are not counting the 64 titles) I enjoyed the game play of Firered more then Emerald, and feel I ran out of things to do besides evolving Pokemon way before I did in Emerald. I voted for Hoenn, more pros then cons compared to FR/LG for me. :) (for the record, Having FR & Emerald for both a year and a half and I still have many things to do in Emerald)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
I liked Pokemon LeafGreen Better than the other ones because
1. It was my first game.
2. R/S/E was not as good as i expected i just dont know exactly why but
R/S/E was just not my type.

Gfx

╰☆╮You're Perfect ❤
Years
Emerald was probably my favorite Pokemon game of all time, so I gotta give it to that. However, FireRed was a close second. Both great games in my opinion. But I think Emerald was revolutionary.

Years
Definitely Emerald for me. It had an excellent story with a good variation in Pokemon and movesets. On top of that, you could re-battle Gym Leaders and have the Pokemon Frontier challenge. The Elite Four is strong also, but if you knew their weaknesses you can easily dominate them. On top of all that, you had very intriguing and powerful legendaries, and contests if you wanted to... Show your moves!

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Hmmm. I think I might be the only person so far that's said this.. But I honestly hated every single Gen III game XD

FR/LG were just bad because all they added to it was the Sevii Islands postgame. Nothing much different from the original games.

RSE did have some very nice things in them, but I just didn't like the Hoenn region at all. Some of the Pokemon from RSE are amazing, like Ludicolo as one example. I just didn't like the story at all. I can't really explain why, I just feel that Gen III was the worst generation of games. D:

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
for me i would have to say FR/LG. mostly in part that it was my first Pokemon game. now i have no hate for R/S/E but it didn't have anything to do after the elite four that was significant. i could play FR/LG for hours even after the elite four. mostly because of the vs seeker.

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
Years
The interface and design of fire red is perfect and makes it addictive and more fun.
The interface of emerald less, BUT emerald/ruby/sapphire have a really fun and long story and a really creative map!

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I liked the Houen region the most thus far, so I'd have to say Sapphire was better. I just felt like I was treading old ground in FR/LG, and I didn't have any nostalgic feelings whatsoever. For me, it felt like it was too soon anyway. A generation 1 remake would have made more sense coming out now than then.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Duh, RSE. Why did I pick this username XD

The Hoenn games were in fact a good step towards a natural feel, and I should say they were the games I enjoyed the most. I really liked the new features that came along, and the many aspects of the region itself, like a city only accessible through underwater or air.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
RSE, no doubt. But mostly because I like RBY much more than FrLg.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Hoenn is my favourite region for locations and pokemon designs, so I'll have to vote rse. I love all regions but Kanto is probably my least favourite to explore. (even though it was the first region I explored)

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 19, 2022
At first I wanted to say LG FR, but I think I'll have to go with RSE. The towns were just so awesome and I loved being able to make secret bases. They were just so awesome. LG FR were so awesome too because it was a remake of the first ones, but RSE were exciting and new.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I liked both games however I'd prefer R/S/E. I liked it's soundtrack, locations, characters, plot and Pokemon introduced. It was all done so well.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
Years
R/S/E are the superior imo. I think that Gen III and IV were the peaks of Pokémon, maybe it was 'cause when I was most into the games, though
777ff663.gif

The Gen I remakes were fun, but they just weren't special in the way R/S/E were to me.

Back