• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You pronounce that weirdly!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
That's how you tell if someone is really from Toronto. They have to say it that way.
It's true. :( I almost always pronounce the second "T" since I grew up in practically every province but Toronto. It's only occasionally that I won't pronounce it and now that I think about it it's only when I'm talking to Torontonians that I don't! Weird.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
It's true. :( I almost always pronounce the second "T" since I grew up in practically every province but Toronto. It's only occasionally that I won't pronounce it and now that I think about it it's only when I'm talking to Torontonians that I don't! Weird.
If I read "Toronto" I pronounce the second T. In conversation it comes out the other way for me XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I don't say anything weirdly. There are some words that I might pronounce a bit different to how other people around here pronounce them, but I never pronounce them in a way that would get me funny looks.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
People don't necessarily tell me that I say pronounce certain words differently, but I hear my friends say things differently. xD

Things such as: hippopotamus and advertisement... are just a few, haha.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've been told on multiple occasions that I pronounce the word 'year' weirdly. I say it as a homonym of 'yeah', whereas nearly everyone else I know pronounces it 'yee-ah', with a slightly more elongated 'e' sound. I still contend that I'm right, but I honestly never noticed the difference before people pointed it out to me at university. Now I'm ever so conscious whenever I mention it in front of certain people accordingly.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Not sure if this counts but I audibly pronounce the 'L' in walk, talk, calm, and other words of the like.

The first thing that came to my my were Pokemon names though, because I pronounce Meganium as Me-GANI-um instead of MEGAN-ium even though it's incorrect. I also pronounce Milotic MILO-tic (Mill-OTTICK) instead of Mil-O-tic (My-LAH-tick).

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
Umm,actually i think all my english woul be kinda weird to hear as english isn't my tongue but i try my best to pronounce it right though!i studied the American and the British ..the british accent kinda hard and formal but American much easier and informal so i pretty much speak the American accent!

Vine Whip

SOLAR BEAM ~~>
Years
Well, I generally speak just like everyone else, but for some reason people around here say 'summer' as 'semmer', and quite frankly it annoys me a lot! Plus for some reason they pronounce 'borrow' as 'burrow'. o_o
People over here are weird haha.

Back