• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Preferred Series between FR/LG and R/S/E

What is your favorite 3rd gen series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
RSE beats them all, and here's the reason. Emerald and the other two give you a region that has never been explored before, and Firered and Leafgreen just warp you off to the region we all know and love, Kanto. While FRLF added an enormous plethora of new adventures, including the Sevii Islands, Hoenn gave us an actual storyline, with you playing a "chosen one" of sorts. I am also annoyed at the lack of moving sprites up until Emerald, which left little personality in those games, even Ruby and Sapphire. Emerald gives us this luxury that we still use today, but it leaves some Pokemon that should have been included, like Roselia, Masquerain, and Zangoose. I loved the added features in Emerald, especially the Battle Frontier, which I have still never won, but at least witnessed.

While both games have decent things to offer, I'm afraid Emerald outshines them all.

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I really had to think for a long time before answering this poll, and I chose FR/LG ONLY because Kanto was my first region and LeafGreen was the first game I completed. I think there were some features that I loved in RSE that weren't in FRLG just because they were remakes, and that was a shame. C'mon, berry planting and secret bases? I would've loved to see those in Kanto, same with a PokeGear for easy rematches. All in all, though, I think I liked FRLG better.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Don't post in threads that are older than a month. Please read PC's rules to refrain from breaking them in the future.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back