• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serris' Sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serris

The Constant
Years
argenteyebannercopy.png

Hey guys and girls, I had a look at some of the sprites here, and it's made me want to post up some of the ones I have done. As I work on more, I'll edit this post and continue to add them. So, here are the ones I've done so far. I'd like as much crit as you give on them. Some of these are from when I first started spriting, so some of these will be pretty damn horrible. But hopefully you can bear with that. There are some alright sprites in this thread. So enjoy, comment and critique. DO NOT STEAL ANY OF THESE! IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'D LIKE TO USE THEM, PLEASE PM ME AND MAYBE I MIGHT LET YOU!

FAKEMON
Spoiler:

Well, there's all of my sprites. I would love to hear any advice/critique. Thank you for visiting :)

~ Credits ~
Credit to tomthepom for help with Megekleon
Credit to tomthepom for the concepts of Emballat, Myzobane, and Vespetra

Serris​

EDITS
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Serris

The Constant
Years
I don't know where to add your credit to D: How about at the end of my post, I'll add a credit section. How's that sound? And thanks man. I'll probably post up a new fakemon later.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I like your Fake mons , especially the Argenteye, would be cool if it was in a game :D.

Serris

The Constant
Years
Everyone seems to like Argenteye a lot XD He's probably my fave too. Anyways, new fakemon done. Torturoul.

torturoul-1.png

Pokemon: Torturoul

Type: Ghost/Dark

Height: 6'11"

Weight: 64lbs

Evolution chain:
Shuppet >-Lv37-> Banette >-w/ Dusk Stone-> Torturoul

Description: After countless times being discarded, this
pokémon's soul has been torn. Becoming more evil because of it,
it is said that this pokémon can be incredibly hard to tame.

Base stats:
HP - 80
Attack - 130
Defense - 55
Special Attack - 110
Special Defense - 50
Speed - 90

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
Years
Years
Fleaux bothers me...

fleaux-1.png

Uh... This really seems like a ripoff of Floow, an enemy in Subspace Emissary. (Super Smash Brothers Brawl)

Here's a picture of Floow:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080721165528/ssb/images/0/01/Floow_Trophy.jpg

At least you could credit the source, not just put it with your "Fakemon" and practically claim it.

Besides the copyright infringement, the Fakemon look good.

The concept is based of Floow, it's been brought up before on our other thread, but Nintendo themselves copy their own stuff, for example Octorocks and Octillary.

Serris

The Constant
Years
Ok. In theory, I made Myzobane before Emballat, so Emballat should be the one to change, or I change Myzobane a bit. About the Floow. I should have mentioned that I had based it off a Floow from SSBB before posting. But that's that. People draw inspriation from different things, I just happened to draw some inspriation from Floow. Fleaux is based off of Floow, and Tom is a witness to me making it, with the idea of basing it off of it. There is no copyright infringement as I own that sprite and the idea of it. The idea came from something else, and it's copyright isn't infringed unless I made it a Floow with the intentions of it being Floow and then saying it was mine. From what I know, those are two diefferent concepts. But I'll add under the credit section that I based Fleaux off a Floow from SSB if it'll make you all happy. And Tom's helped prove my point by mentioning Octoroks and Octillery. Anywho, thanks everyone.

Raibutai

Pixels and Pikachus. Bliss.
Years
^ I think that renaming it and claiming it as your own is still copyright infringement, since you put it with all of "your" other Fakemon. Also, you didn't change the design at all...

Yeah, just stick something there like "Inspired by Floow, and you'll be okay.

It's not like anybody will come to your door and say "You're under arrest for stealing the concept of Floow," but I think it's a good habit to credit things, since you CAN get kicked out of college for doing stuff like that.

Again, your other Fakemon are good.

Last edited:

Serris

The Constant
Years
I can do that. But Fleaux put aside, thanks for the comments. To be honest, I've been thinking of removing Fleaux, just because I don't much like it as a fakemon any more. I don't think it works. It's probably one of my least favourites.

Years
I'm a big fan of your spriting. You've got the style down to a T. Still, I'd like to offer some crit where I can.

Your fire bat line is a bit samey throughout, and I don't like the way you've used red around the eyes and other features. On such a small scale, it makes it hard for me to distinguish what it is, but maybe that's just me. Arbodus' sprite is a bit too busy for my liking as well. Again, it's hard for me to tell what's what, but I think more distinct outlines for the right arm (right from the point of the pokemon) might help there.

I also think the outline on your last trainer's hair is too light and doesn't fit the rest of the sprite. And I agree that Fleaux doesn't really work as a Pokémon. It's an interesting concept, but not for this style.

Still, I'm stuggling to find many flaws. Excellent work, and I look forward to what you come up with in the future. :D

Serris

The Constant
Years
Thanks man. I agree on the Fire starter line. They do look too similar. I need to change Emballat and Myzobane the most, because I sprited Vespetra first. Arbodus, in all honesty, looks more like a Digimon. And Fleaux just doesn't work. But here's a recolour of Torturoul. I much prefer these colours.

torturoul2.png

.hack

skunkape
Years
I wanted to ask about this:
palikia_distortion.png

I like it, but what is it? xD I can see the Palkia bit >.> I'm crossed between a Palkia/Raquaza Splice and just a Palkia repose attempt.
Clear this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back