• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Um.. Hello. ._."

TheTimidHoodlum

Too Scared To Post Anything
Years
Hi, my name is Carl, and I'm new here... and at Pokémon... and at foruming... pretty much new at everything. I'm kind of a short-post and timid kind of person, never able to write something more than 2 lines, which I think by this point I might of already broken that. (Thank God. ಥ_ಥ)

Alright, what to talk about... Well, my first Pokémon game was Black, and I finished it a few weeks ago. I'm starting to look for the older Pokémon games, such as Red, Gold and Emerald. My favorite Pokémons are Scrafty (easily identified by the name, picture and signiture), and Honchkrow.

Foruming... All I can say about it, is that I'm new at it, I don't have much experience in it, and I'm too scared to post anywhere else. ಥ_ಥ

I will try to stay active and follow the rules (If I can even find them), and enjoy my best here.

Years
Heeeya Carl, welcome to PC. :D No worries if you're new, you'll learn the ropes quickly after a while. There's plenty of people you can contact for assistance, including myself, so do drop off a message anytime (which you can do by clicking my username and then sending a message). You're definitely not the only newer fan here, since PC has a ton of different kinds of people. I've been into Pokemon since I was 8, but some others never got into it until the fourth or fifth generation. Pretty diverse forum, so fitting in won't be an issue. n n

Have you tried Black 2 or White 2 yet? I was hooked on those for a while, they're huge upgrades from B/W in my opinion. At least story-wise, hehe. Since you've played through B/W, you might enjoy the Black & White section here on PC! Though the older games were very good too regardless of how different the graphics look compared to now, so it's cool to hear you'll be trying 'em out. Helps you see just how much the franchise has grown over time. :3

Anyway, you can find the rules by clicking here or by clicking "rules" at the upper navigation. They're pretty important to follow so you understand how the community works and all. Enjoy your stay here and remember that I'm always open to help you out if you're confused, so never hesitate to send me a message. <3

Enjoy your stay!

Years
Hi, my name is Carl, and I'm new here... and at Pokémon... and at foruming... pretty much new at everything. I'm kind of a short-post and timid kind of person, never able to write something more than 2 lines, which I think by this point I might of already broken that. (Thank God. ಥ_ಥ)

Alright, what to talk about... Well, my first Pokémon game was Black, and I finished it a few weeks ago. I'm starting to look for the older Pokémon games, such as Red, Gold and Emerald. My favorite Pokémons are Scrafty (easily identified by the name, picture and signiture), and Honchkrow.

Foruming... All I can say about it, is that I'm new at it, I don't have much experience in it, and I'm too scared to post anywhere else. ಥ_ಥ

I will try to stay active and follow the rules (If I can even find them), and enjoy my best here.

Hello Carl, and welcome!

Don't worry if you're new, all of us were new at some point. We've got loads of people you can talk to and loads of topics to discuss. I've been into Pokemon since I was 7 but I didn't get into the games until the 3rd Generation. You'll fit in perfectly since the staff know you'll be in good hands.

I still haven't played Black 2 or White 2 yet, but I'm currently playing Black until I get Black 2 sometime later in the year. Black & White happen to be my fave games in the series, and Cirno has already directed you to the Black & White forum, where I happen to browse a lot. There's just something I love about 5th Generation a lot (despite my username being based on a 4th Generation character, I just like the name).

Have fun and feel free to send me a VM!

- Hikari10

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Hello Carl and welcome to PC, hope you liek it here and if you need any help findind your way around don't hesitate or feel timid to just pm me!!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Hi Carl <3, welcome to PC! Don't worry if you're biting your fingernails (not literally) about being here, I assure you we're a friendly and fun forum n_n. Everyone has that feeling when they first come,unfamiliar with anything but over time that fear will almost instantly disappear.

So you like Scrafty huh :3? Can I ask what you like about it? Cool design,great battler,pretty much anything about it. I like Honchkrow, it's a dark,mysterious but sleek Pokemon. But you don't have to answer these questions of course n_n. It's entirely up to you.

So you first games was Black? Haha I think that was my fourth game, it's really fun ain't it :3? I find its sequel Black/White2 even more fun, the storyline, everything about it is great! But yeah, Black's an addicting game isn't it :3? If you want to talk about it just go to the Black/White Section. There's some great topics and discussions there,you might be interested :D.

It's great you want to play the older games, I've always wanted to have a shot at Crystal,see what gaming was like back then :3.But yeah,Carl don't be nervous. If anyone is bothering you,or you want some help just talk to a staff member they'll help you out :D. I promise,they're really friendly n_n.

I'm Rainbow by the way, I'd be happy to chat so feel free to say hi! I promise I don't bite and I'll keep that promise.Well have fun and I'll see you around Carl :D!

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
I once was very shy and all, but I broke that a time ago. Guess it's your time! Don't be scared, is good to give opinions and share ideas with people here, I'm sure everyone is very respectful here in PC. :3
Feel free to make friends with everybody~
And you can talk to me any time you want. :3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Why hello, Carl. A big welcome to PC ;D Everyone's gotta be new at forum-ing & stuff, I think I started a year ago, if I'm not mistaken. But I'm positively sure that you'll break out of that shyness soon!

I remember the days when I first started forum-ing, it was a pain. I was like so puzzled & confused, but after stumbling upon PC, I'm reaaaaal friendly nowadays! PC's a friendly community in & out! Don't mind the occasional trolls, just ignore them.

To be honest, I don't think that Black was a good head start coz it only features Unova 'Mon from the start & a few other older ones later. B2W2's a better choice if I must say so. I doubt that the Color & Advance series are still in manufacture, but there's always the remakes. HGSS is a remake of both RBY & GSC, but unfortunately, no remake for RSE has been released yet.

Hmm, a Scrafty & Honchkrow fan? Hmm, that means, you gotta be a Dark type fan, no? I'm a fan of them both too, but I've got even better ones.......

And it's MidnightShine by the way, Mid's my nick. Feel free to contact me anytime! Oh, & here are the rules if you've been wondering.

Just relax & take it easy by having fun, 'k?

~Mid~

TheTimidHoodlum

Too Scared To Post Anything
Years
Wow, thank you all for the replys! It's great to know everyone here is so nice!
Here goes my attempt at replying back to everyone.

@Cirno - Thank you very much for the welcome, Cirno!

I have not tried Black 2 and White 2 yet, but I plan on getting them soon enough! I've also been taking a look at the older games, and I'm currently trying to look for them somewhere where I can buy them, so far I've only found Pokémon Red... for a whoping $797 dollars... WELP, better keep looking. Best not give up! :D

Also, thank you for sending me the link to the Forum rules; Believe it or not, I wasn't able to find them until now. Silly me. >.<

@Harvey_Create Thank you very much! I sure will!

@Hikari10 Thank you very much! The 5th Generation has that kind of... uh... I forgot the word. Oops. *facepalm* Well, basicly, I like it very much as well, haha! xD

@~RNC~ Thank you very much! I'm already loving it!

@Rainbow Arcanine Thank you very much!

Well, Scrafty is one of my favorite Pokémon because he has (Like you already mentioned) a cool design, and he's a great battler. A load of Defence and Special Defence, and (With a tip from my friend), being able to learn Dragon Dance, it can really be helpful! Honchkrow is sort of Scrafty's opposite - Loads of Attack and Special Attack, but lowre Defences.

Pokémon Black is a great, and addicting game, so far I have about 30 hours (I think, not too sure.) into the game, but I doubt I'd have the skills for competitive battling (I've read that in the Black and White section of the Forum). Maybe I'll get better in due time. :D

@Mononoke Hime Thank you very much! From what I've seen already, everyone is really friendly!

@MidnightShine Thank you very much! Most of my shyness is already gone, fortunatly. ^_^

Well, I actually heard of older generations, but I made poor decisions NOT to try them out; I guess I just didn't have the money for it. :/

Although, I am getting Black 2 (Or White 2) soon! The remakes may also be one of the answers I might be looking for when trying to play the older games; Like I mentioned on my reply to Cirno's post, the only game I've found so far was Pokémon Red, for $797 dollars, so I guess I'll have to go with the remake.

Yes, I am a fan of Dark-type Pokémon, but also other Pokémon as well, like Ferrothorn and Galvantula. :D

And uh... Sorry for the "Thank you" spams, I just couldn't help myself! n_n"

Cory2012

The Great Detective~
Years
Hey there carl...Nice to have u here in PC...Pokemon black huh...well it's an awesome game and the first NDS game I played...:) and the second one is Pokemon White 2...xD...Well..Carl..Don't be shy okay..We are friendly...Except me of course...:P Don't be shy to Pm me sometime though...:) See ya around Carl...Chris2Ash Signed out...:)

Back