• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Not that charismatic guy, so I always lose in debates. Never got to them anyway.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
The only time you can be wrong is if you're arguing against a fact. There is no right and wrong in opinion. I agree with you though. I like to see things from other side of the coin and have it alter my interpretation of the subject at hand.

I only take part in debate threads if I feel the need to say something that hasn't already been said. If nothing has been said then I'm more than happy to be the first to voice my opinion if the topic interests me.

There are rights and wrongs when opinions are based on facts.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Any fact can be used to support any opinion if it's tortured adequately.

Of course, torturing facts is wrong but it does happen more often than you'd think.

Years
The one thing I really hate is when people think that they are right, but you know they are definitely wrong and they are fighting for it "NO! It's obviously right because blah blah blah..." and then it's just me like -_-

This is a bad example but
e.g. "The sky is red! I know it is", "No, it's blue and always has been", "No! It's red"

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I put up good points in debates if the debate is going on around a topic I'm knowledgeable in. But I don't partake in debates if I don't know much about the topic at hand so it ain't a problem, I guess. XD;

As for hugging pythons and getting hugged back - lol. XD I see what you did thar! ;P

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
i just don't get into debates i know that i'll lose!!!!!!!!! i never learn anything from those tbh

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha yes! I've been 'hugged' by snakes before. They're all scaly and adorable. <3

A scammer called my phone a few minutes ago. After being told that he has the wrong number, the dude apologized multiple times, then wished me a merry Christmas. Hey who doesn't love a friendly dude with a heavy accent trying to get information from you? o;

Cid

Years
Haha yes! I've been 'hugged' by snakes before. They're all scaly and adorable. <3

A scammer called my phone a few minutes ago. After being told that he has the wrong number, the dude apologized multiple times, then wished me a merry Christmas. Hey who doesn't love a friendly dude with a heavy accent trying to get information from you? o;
How are you sure that was a scammer, Slender? :o

I hate pythons or snakes. :( I'm always afraid I'll get constricted or bitten savagely even though they're slow as hell at normal conditions.

i just don't get into debates i know that i'll lose!!!!!!!!! i never learn anything from those tbh
Also I've never participated in a formal debate. I suppose some conversations I've had can be considered debates but I always just stay in the sidelines if I can. Unless it's like a friendly sort of debate with no one getting annoyed and people just wanting honest opinion.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
@Cid
I think he was asking me for information. But he was speaking too quickly and I couldn't quite understand most of what he said.

Most snakes are relatively nice, though? They generally only bite people out of fear or self-defense. My snake is an aggressive little thing, but it's because she's young and afraid of me. She's getting easier to handle, though (last time she didn't want to go back into the aquarium).

I like most animals, even if they are potentially dangerous. The opossum that chills out on my back porch is just adorable, despite how dirty s/he is. <3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm always cautious about touching snakes do to chaos theory.

The one thing I really hate is when people think that they are right, but you know they are definitely wrong and they are fighting for it "NO! It's obviously right because blah blah blah..." and then it's just me like -_-

This is a bad example but
e.g. "The sky is red! I know it is", "No, it's blue and always has been", "No! It's red"

Those are the type of arguments I go into whenever I find a user on a thread thinking he/she is right, and I always lose to that user.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Mmm, getting hugged by... snakes and the like? I don't know whether I'd ever want to get just that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I've never been "hugged" by a snake, Ive only ever touched one snake in my life and that was someone's pet boa constricter at a pet store once. Im pretty ok around snakes and even find them interesting, Im not sure Id ever keep one though, I might draw the line there.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I've never been "hugged" by a snake, Ive only ever touched one snake in my life and that was someone's pet boa constricter at a pet store once. Im pretty ok around snakes and even find them interesting, Im not sure Id ever keep one though, I might draw the line there.

Heh. It's probably a weird feeling.

I secretly want to keep a reptile as a pet when I work

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My only reptilian pets were/are my bearded dragon (which had to be given away) and my corn snake. The corn has proven herself a good pet after only 2 months. She's so cuddly and cute <3

There's nothing like having a young snake wrapped around your fingers, completely calm and just chilling out there. Oddly enough, she actually used to be an aggressive little beast of a snake. Bit and struck at everyone who tried to pick her up (aside from when I took her to a class for a presentation on corn snakes).

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think it would be weird haha, not sure if I would even want to be hugged by a snake.It might be ok as long as I didnt get strangled but I wouldnt let a snake near my neck anyway. If I was gonna keep a reptile, it would be a lizard or turtle, I guess a pet snake would be interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back