• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: ~~Pokemon Battle Fire~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

.hack

skunkape
Years
this is quite alot coming from me because i hate fake pokemon like in quartz or marble but it looks like u took ur time on theese fake pokemon and now they look awesome but i just cant wait to play this hack it looks brillant

on ur maximum record lvls im very impressed but how comes you dont have a harparlii at lvl 100

Last edited:

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
Wow,I think this hack can really come through..ive never once been attracted to fakemon hacks,alhtough this one seems to have lots of potenshol! I really like the screenies too,did u make that tileset yourself?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, so, finally all the new Pokes have their attacks, let's hope everything is balanced.

But, I guess the hardest part will be the icons part, as it'll take a while to sprite everything (and be satisfied with it)

About those maps you posted, I've been taking a look, and even though first thing I say is "well, it seems you have a lot of maps done", there are a few maps that still show the fact that they are edits of original RS maps (Route4's lower part, Edgeny Town is the town with the Fight Gym, Ethrea Town is the second town in RS, Volcandia is the town with the Water Gym, though this one is still a good edit), it'd be better if you make your maps from scratch by first erasing the map completely and then let your imagination take care of the rest (better if you plan stuff first)
Take a look at the Map Rating thread, it'll help you with ideas for mapping.

By the way, that Underwater Tunnel looks odd, mixing the underwater tiles with the normal tiles gives me a bad impression (like, you shouldn't be mixing tiles so drastically), it may also be that I didn't caught the idea of what you were planning there...

Well, keep up with the work on the Pokes, that's the main point of the hack, as of now :P

Years
- edited -

btw, I can't open 'em...
Not? Weird, others could do it O_o
I really like the screenies too,did u make that tileset yourself?
Almost. Some are from FR/LG.
By the way, that Underwater Tunnel looks odd, mixing the underwater tiles with the normal tiles gives me a bad impression (like, you shouldn't be mixing tiles so drastically), it may also be that I didn't caught the idea of what you were planning there...
Everyone have problems with it xD That may be the worst of all maps, but... The idea was really simple.
Few years ago people built the tunnel going through the seafloor. Thanks to that, they could get to the other side of the land, and the same time, watch the underwater wildlife through the glass walls*. Now this tunnel became a natural habitat for pokemon.
* We can't see them, but they are there xD
Blah ;d

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
It is always nice to hear from you. Also, I will try and open them with my father's other computer.

*downloaded at last and view them*...

Forgive me, but I kinda saw some tile errors there. Well, no matter.
Btw, are you planning to change the tiles..? If you will, then it would be more cooler (but save back-ups, just in case the tiles hates to be inserted... :D)

Okay, always keep it up and happy hacking!

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
The Underwater Tunnel, Desert Cave, and some routes (like E01new and the E04 river) really catch my eye. A novel blend of terrains and landmark features is quite refreshing, to say the least. They're certainly very creative and get me excited about playing through them.

But like zel suggested, some of the maps (like for Greenittle and Edgeny) look very similar to towns already existent in the games. With completely redone Pokemon and routes, and what seems like a completely new epic adventure, it would feel a bit awkward to suddenly encounter a town you've seen countless times in Ruby, for instance.

But the quality overall looks amazing, your Pokemon representing a very attractive fusion between the older sprites and your imagination. I love 018, 186, 123, and the Eveelutions, to name a few. 082 and 086 seem to be the only ones that clearly look similar to their older counterparts--barring V-Lugia, of course, but that's clearly intentional and looks wickedly cool regardless.

All in all, this has taken its place as one of my favorite emerging advance hacks, and with a little re-mapping out of the way, I can foresee great things for it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
closer look: Map tips

I was taking a closer look at the maps and came up with a few things that may better your map. First, CenteLake City would be a little more dazzling if gym was on the island in the middle of the lake. There could be wooden paths to the mini-island and would give the player more of a exciting entrance. Second, Horkanne city doesn't give the feel of a city. Ways to fix this could be to make a brick path going through the city and make it just fade into the sand on the right side. Lastly, Edgeny Town does not give much playable area considering that there will be npc in the city. All of these thoughts are to help. I could never match to what you are trying to achieve! All of my tips could become totally irrelevant based on events that take place in the selected areas. Keep up the GREAT WORK Concorde!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
You may need to read the previous or the first post before deciding to post, 12345...

there's no link as of now to download Battle Fire. Your post may be considered as a spam.., therefore, the mods may need to delete your (and my) post.

Good day.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
Looks nice exspecially seeing as you have added lots of sprites and backsprites can be a pain to draw trust me I know i do all my spriting. Ill keep an eye on this one like the plot of a cyber lugia too sounds fun.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
So far I agree with practically all of you... A Virus "Cyber" Lugia is a good idea. Though I think you should give us more of a storyline...
Maybe telling us about the Virus Lugia a bit more, since you gave us the word "ressurect", you can tell us how far back it goes, huh?

...Good luck, anyways!

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Haven't heard from Concorde these days... Oh well... I'm just hoping, while Christmas vacation, she'll have more time to hack Battle Fire.

I do agree with Esmas, that we need a more story about it, but I guess it would be a surprise or something like that. Oh well...

As always, wishing for the best of luck!

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Where is concorde?
Spoiler:

Anyways im hoping that she gives more importance when she gets time to hack and im sure that she will bring updates hopefully
And the idea about cyber-lugia is excellent!

~Celebi

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The problem with updating is that if she has to make a lot of different stuff related to change the X ammount of new Pokes, then probably it'll take quite some time till we see something that doesn't relates to the new Pokes, and it's not like there's a lot of things to say... That's why I don't worry that much about the lack of updates.

However, I'll be expecting great things from the game once the new Pokes are fully implemented.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
Any Beta yet?

If not could you release one soon?

Anyhow... this looks really good, good sprites and all that. Look's amazing. I'll be keeping my eye on this one for updates eh?

If you get any big updates or release a beta can you inform me via PM, I really wanna get playing this one :)

P.S I was thinking 'when will Pokemon get a plane?' and then I see this! I really wish to get started on this one!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back