• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Characters You Adore

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
Years
As a friendly counter for this thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300356

I wanted to ask what character you enjoyed in the anime, either Subbed or Dubbed, the most. Personality, artistic design, Pokémon choices and collections? Go on, spanning from Kanto to Unova, who did you like the best.

Personally... I have found a new love for Bianca, she's so cute and bubbly, it's refreshing and a nice change of pace compared to Iris and Dawn.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I adore so many characters omg. Cilan is obvs because of his energy and ridiculousness and he's a dork and I love him. And Crustle is the best hands down. Bianca is a sweetie and her Minccino is fun, I wish we saw more of it. Stephan is super cool because he's energetic and cheerful but can be serious and is pretty chill? idk he's cool. BURGUNDY AND GEORGIA THOUGH OMG they're super fiery and adorably angry and they're really fun characters. And Georgia's design is super cute. Am I missing anyone important? Oh yeah Luke was a sweetie too and ah I loved that he was interested in filmography and whatnot that was cool. And his team was pretty unusual and that was cool. idk I really like a lot of the Unova cast.

May is my absolute favourite main girl though. I love her team and her character and her development and AG was awesome okay. And her usual outfit is like my favourite thing. <3

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
i really dont even need to say much as to who my favorite is. as far as others go, may is my second favorite for all the reasons anna listed. but i really enjoyed some of the other characters from sinnoh such as barry and nando. barry was always good for some laughs, but im afraid his cheap copy *ahem*bianca*ahem* kinda ruined the rushing funny person. nando was just a cool dude and an abnormality as he was the only one weve seen go to a pokemon league and a grand festival. finally, with a little advice from anna up here, im starting to like cilan.

Guest123_x1

I really adore Molly Hale - the designs of all three forms (5 yr old, preteen, and adult) are so freaking cute; however, I seem to be focusing on the preteen version the most, who is so pretttty! *glomps* Her voice, smile, laughter, and clothing is beyond cute! [/fanboyish remarks]

Another character I really adore is Dawn, for her design. I haven't seen any episodes with Dawn, but I must say, she sure is super-cute also!

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
I haven't seen any episodes with Dawn, but I must say, she sure is super-cute
also!
Well then you really should watch some diamond and pearl episodes because they are fantastic

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Gotta go with Dawn here. She's one of the most developed characters in the series so far with her struggles to be become a top coordinator like her mother before her, and she also has a nice wardrobe of dresses (contest, cheerleader, fashion, etc.). The only minor complaint I have about her is her short skirt, which leaves her victim to tons of panty shot fanart. I would suggest she wears shorts underneath that skirt, like May's Emerald outfit, to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions.

Years
May! She was so quirky, stubborn, and fun to watch. I loved her interactions with her rivals and overall she made so much progress as a trainer and coordinator during her travels. Plus bringing in a character that hated Pokemon at first was a unique twist at a main character! <3;

Next is Burgundy. She's not as strong as she claims but her bickering with Cilan just makes her so adorable. I love how she always pushes Cilan to win just so she could have the chance at beating him; seems like she likes him more than she believes. ;P And of course Cilan is amazing, too! His tasting times are hilarious and omg he's just so cute, eek. Loved him since day one!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've only seen one or two episodes from Unova and I know for a fact that I don't like Iris at all. Easily my least favorite girl companion :(

However, I love Dawn and May. They're both really bubbly and cute and I love all of their Pokemon.

Reactions: T!M

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
There are so many characters I like it's not even funny. Let's see... Misty, Gary Oak, Lance, Cilan, Chili, Burgundy, Luke, Roxie... the list goes on and on and on and on and on! I adore many characters, so many that I'd have to go on for hours as to how many I adore. So many likeable characters, after all!

GFDawn

Dawn's Boyfriend
Years
Gotta go with Dawn here. She's one of the most developed characters in the series so far with her struggles to be become a top coordinator like her mother before her, and she also has a nice wardrobe of dresses (contest, cheerleader, fashion, etc.). The only minor complaint I have about her is her short skirt, which leaves her victim to tons of panty shot fanart. I would suggest she wears shorts underneath that skirt, like May's Emerald outfit, to prevent any wardrobe malfunctions.

I disagree, I think that's part of her charm! Besides malfunctions are virtually possible with any character in FANART.

Anyway, my favorite is Dawn. She's just so sweet and bubbly, I enjoyed seeing her adventures while she was with the group. Not to mention, she's incredibly hot! <3

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
I think the reason a lot of people like May or Dawn is because they were designed to be more physically attractive and "cuter" than a lot of the other characters.

That and they got more screentime than Ash's other friends due to the Contest arcs. Its easy to care for characters when you have to watch their quests and battles across a saga.

That said I do like Misty, Brock and Cilan too.

Reactions: T!M

Tox

fight me
Years
Well, aside from Misty the main group, I really like Melody (from the movie), Burgundy, Sakura and Richie as characters.

Melody
300px-Melody_in_street_clothes.png

I thought she was one of the better characters that was introduced. Her personality was a lot more fleshed out than most movie characters. She had great chemistry with the group and didn't lose importance after a few minutes, like a lot of characters do.

Burgundy
220px-Burgundy_Unova_Badge.png

She's one of the few characters I can tolerate in the BW series. Her facial expressions and rants are always funny, unlike a lot of the other character who make me cringe. Her voice also suits her which is more than can be said for other characters. *glares at Iris*

Sakura
250px-Sakura.png

Sakura also fits in with the main cast. I like how she's not over-the-top and has a bit of a backstory. Her character's also pretty enjoyable and watching her make progress was cool.

Richie
220px-Ritchie.png

He nicknames his Pokémon so he automatically won me over. It's fun comparing him to Ash and spotting the little differences such as their maturity levels. Also, green = win. Yep.

Years
I adored most of the female characters, but there's two worth mentioning.

tumblr_mkrhg1eZx41rum68mo1_500.png

Dawn / Hikari

She was the inspiration for my username here, and one of the first characters I took an obsessive liking towards. Unlike the other leading female characters she has actual cuteness factor and she's a girly girl as opposed to Misty, May and Iris all having tomboyish looks. Dawn even used some of my fave cute Pokemon as well, and I loved her Togekiss and Ambipom especially despite me crying so much when Ambipom left her party for a career ping-pong but again Dawn has really cute dresses when she's doing Pokemon Contests, and that's why I loved her so much.

tumblr_mfm44odlKp1ryf2ffo1_500.png

Iris

I know most people think she's irritating, but I actually love Iris. She's my second fave female lead (behind Dawn of course!) and her hairstyle is one of the craziest I ever saw, plus I love that "wild girl" personality of hers, she feels like a real adventurous girl and her Pokemon are really fun to watch as well, particularly Axew and Emolga. Sometimes she makes tough faces and other times cute faces, and it's why she became a favorite of mine quickly.

Pinta77

I don't know if "adore" is the right word, cause men don't "adore" each other. But I liked Regi from that one episode, you know the guy that has all 3 Regis. Oh, and the safari zone guy with the gun!

Years
Out of all the female characters they've had, the one I like the most hands down is Misty, because I like her character, I always thought it funny whenever she would go into an outburst.
I also like Brock, Tracey and Max.

Years
I remember most the first season, so my favorites are:

1) Brock. I don't know why, maybe because he's funny when fall in love with almost every girl in their way. Besides, he like a lot pokemons, that is the reason why becomes breeder.

2) Original Team Rocke (Jessie, James and Meowth‎. I know this guys are are the villains of the series, but their crazy ideas are very funny, especially when they say their phrase "Prepararense para los problemas ...y más vale que tema ...:" (sorry, i only heard in spanish).

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
The samurai from Viridan Forest. Many people have forgotten about him, but I used to love him. I don't even know why; he only lasted for like one-two episodes, but I used to find that Metapod battle with Ash absolutely hilarious when I was small. Ah man.

Apart from that I kinda like May I guess, especially her incompetence and stubbornness in the first few episodes haha. Max was annoying as hell though. Didn't like his role at all in the Jirachi movie.

Sir Aaron looked so cool in the Lucario movie when I first saw it. Definitely my favourite movie character.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
First there's Brock. I like him because of his character: besides falling in love with nearly every girl the group encountered, he's one of the care taking rightous characters seeking his destination as a professional Pokemon breeder.

Misty: the hothead, furyous like a Gyarados but easily frightened by bug type Pokemon.

Jessy: the "wanna be princess" who never had anything and who wants to live a life with lots of money and dresses and everything (like a princess)

James: the "fallen prince" who had everything: money and a good live. He decided to lose everything in exchange for freedom.

It's kinda funny how Jessy and James fit together as a team with all their differences.

Back