• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X & Y Pokedex

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
Given that the 3DS is more powerful than the DS and all of its variations, how large do you think the regional pokedex will be in these games? We seen examples of characters from every generation battling there. I wonder if the regional pokedex will be around 200-250 characters. Either way it looks like its going to be awesome!

Years
I dunno, they were showing quite a few oldies in the preview (I think I saw one of the Ralts evolution line at one point, no?). I'm hoping for something that brings us up to..oh.. 800? :3

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
I didn't like that he said "you will be able to find SOME of your favorite pokémon"

Does this mean we're not gonna "catch'em all"? I don't like that. I hope we can because I love filling the pokédex. I would be disappointed if some of my favorite pokémon weren't on the game :/

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
I didn't like that he said "you will be able to find SOME of your favorite pokémon"

Does this mean we're not gonna "catch'em all"? I don't like that. I hope we can because I love filling the pokédex. I would be disappointed if some of my favorite pokémon weren't on the game :/

Surely they're not gonna release a game without the ability to catch all the characters? Unless they release X & Y with half the pokemon and then release Ruby & Sapphire remakes with the rest of the catchable characters to trade between the two?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
150 plus 150 of past Pokemon. That'll get it to around 300 (or whatever amount gets it to however there are in R/S for the past Pokemon). I don't see them exceeding new Pokemon of over 150-ish majorly tbh.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I hope theres around 100 and 150.

And like 10 of them (or less) are evolutions or pre-evolutions of previous generations :)

blue

gucci
Years
Maybe they're going to introduce less to keep the total number under control, if they choose to introduce 100+ we will be beyond 750. Also, in the trailer there are several Pokemon from older Regions making an appearance i.e Weavile, Pikachu, Kirlia etc which I assume could make up some of the Pokedex?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hopefully they won't do what they did in BW,only the regional pokemon before the E4.
Hmmm considering that B/W, well, America is closer to Europe which could be what the games are set on, in comparison to Japan, so they could have the Pokemon native to B2/W2 and the new Pokemon, due to the "far away" nature, if it is indeed based on Europe.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2016
Also, in the trailer there are several Pokemon from older Regions making an appearance i.e Weavile, Pikachu, Kirlia etc which I assume could make up some of the Pokedex?

I thought this too at first, but then I realized they don't want to show too many new pokemon just yet, and they are using past pokemon as stand-ins to show off the 3D battles. My bet is they will do only new pokemon pre-E4. And they should at least get up to 800. ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
I actually wouldn't mind 6th gen only before E4 tbh. Having to learn the new characters and start from scratch sounds good to me. Then I'd incorporate my favourites afterwards!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I actually wouldn't mind 6th gen only before E4 tbh. Having to learn the new characters and start from scratch sounds good to me. Then I'd incorporate my favourites afterwards!

I would be a fan of this, however in B/W people were waaayyy too opposed to this, and I figure GF knows this, or at least would consider this. ;(

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Oh, this is a nice way to make some cash... I'll wage $1 that the new generation will introduce 123.6 new Pokemon.

Please places your bets.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
140, more or less, of new Pokemon
This is my bet. And that not counting legendary Pokemon.
Seriously, this time they better not having too many legendaries.
Are they still legendary if they are so many other called legendary?

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
Years
The arrival of Gen 6 is premature I think. I don't see them adding another 150.

A dex of 300 sounds about right, with 100 new critters and 200 oldies.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I heard a rumor yesterday that only 20 of Gen VI Pokemon are going to be released though that's when people were thinking it was going to be Pokemon Rainbow...

Still, if they keep it standard then it'll probably be 150 - 250.

Back