• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Iridium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
I have to say, Minorthreat, this game is looking completely awesome. Completely and utterly awesome.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Well, I really haven't had much time to work on this game. But I have done some interesting things, mostly art work though.

NEW MALE TRAINER
Spoiler:

PLEASE DO NOT STEAL THIS ART WORK.

This is the new Male trainer for the Iridium Game. I think its a vast improvement from the current hero. I hope you enjoy it. I have a little bit more time to work so some things will get done for a hopeful update in the next few weeks.

Okay another Graphical Update to the Pokemon Screen. Enjoy.

capture004mm1.png

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I PMed You Lorem. :)

Now, lol, I am getting kinda bored with a lot of stuff about this project/thread. But don't worry I am not quitting I have just decided to try and post at least one screen every few days to try and build support. This is because I noticed that even when I post an update, no one responds so I want to post a lot of screens to try and get support.

Heres today's screen
Showing off the new trees, pokecenter, and male traner sprite(which I will probably dull the colors because they are too bright compared to the overworld.)

capture005mi3.png

Please enjoy, and do not steal anything. Thanks a million​

Minorthreat

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Those trees are really well done. ^_^ And I like your status screen too.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Those trees are really well done. ^_^ And I like your status screen too.
I agree with that there.
I love the new screenshot and I agree with posting more screenshots- I'm already a huge fan of this game, but your right about adding more screenshots- you will get more support.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Hey thank god you are still working on this! I miss having updates from you and now that you are well im happy to still see this alive and kicking.BOL!

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Well thanks for the comments guys. Um I am thinking about resaturating the pallet for the tileset, the dull colors are starting to bother me. Anyway here are some screens, three of them today.

The Screens
capture000gl0.png
capture001cb3.png
capture002do7.png

Please Enjoy! Thanks a million​

Now a little guessing game! ;)
Oh and yea, the last screen is ******** ****, I was just testing out some tiles so I mapped it up a little bit, maybe in the future ****** will be a part of the game. Enjoy!

Minorthreat

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Nice but arent those kyledove tiles?

No sir they are not, I did the same thing kyledove did, worked on creating a sinnoh tileset in 3d style if you compare the tiles sets, they are based on the same buildings but they are not the same at all.

tilecomparisonuo4.jpg

I saved it as JPEG to prevent stealing of my tiles. See the houses have distinct differences.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
I feel that the grass and flowers need work. As well as the Jubilife pavement tiles... Something's not right... The color, maybe? Also, I feel that the flooring and walls in the middle screen are a little off as well... Aside from that, it's looking good. I wish you luck. ^_^ I hope my comments help.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I feel that the grass and flowers need work. As well as the Jubilife pavement tiles... Something's not right... The color, maybe? Also, I feel that the flooring and walls in the middle screen are a little off as well... Aside from that, it's looking good. I wish you luck. ^_^ I hope my comments help.

I agree with the Jubilife Floor tile, oh by the way guys yes that last screen is Jubilife City, I will work on adjusting the colors. To be honest, I don't think I know what the actual colors are, lol I only play D/P during the night time so the screens always tinted.

I also agree with the flowers needing work, but other than that I am afraid I don't quite understand. Can you point out what makes you feel the tiles aren't quite right? That would be a big help.

.:EDIT:.
Hey blueguy, are these any better..?
capture003oc5.png
capture004zr2.png

Enjoy the screens ya'll, these don't count as todays screen shots so I will probably post more later. Enjoy
Thanks for the comments.

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Nice screens Minorthreat! I really like your tiles, *Steals tiles*, especially the trees, did you make them yourself?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Nice screens Minorthreat! I really like your tiles, *Steals tiles*, especially the trees, did you make them yourself?

Thank you. Yes they are all made frome scratch. I quite like the tree myself, its a lot better than the old tree.

perhaps "Sinnoh" will be in the game lol ^_^
keep it up minorthreat

It is possible. I have considered including it. And I have a few maps done because I was bored. So you never know you could end up visiting Sinnoh in Iridium. :D

Thanks for the comments guys keep um comming. I will hopefully have some new screens sometime today.

Minorthreat

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Screenshots look excellent as always.
I don't think you should claim your making those building tiles though. They are just heavily edited kyledove buildings. They are really edited, but not scratch. I think you should make that clear man.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
Screenshots look excellent as always.
I don't think you should claim your making those building tiles though. They are just heavily edited kyledove buildings. They are really edited, but not scratch. I think you should make that clear man.

I was clear, I used his tile and the actual tiles a referance for overall shape but the tiles are from scratch, the only tile that I used of kyledoves is the jubilife path tile but I had to change the colors because of the desaturation that he has on his tiles. The Jubilife house tiles and such are complete scratch, aswell as all of my other tiles that are based on Diamond and Pearl Tiles. I swear. Its kinda hard to make your own sinnoh tiles now that kyles done them because they are all the same building so of course they are going to look alike but if you really take a hard look at the tile comparision 8 posts above you can see the differences. But they are complete scratch, colors an all, just using screens from Diamond/Pearl and kyle's buidlings as reference.

And to prove this I am willing to post a PNG copy containing both Kyle's tiles, and my tiles so that anyone who has doubts can zoom in an clearly make a comparison that these tiles are not mere edits of kyles's tiles.

tilecomparisonbd1.png

Sincerely,
Minorthreat

And in all honesty, my tiles look at lot less professional than Kyle's :D. Kyle's tiles are WAY better. But I didn't want to use his tiles because I knew everyone else was going to so I wanted to be different and I am decent at making overworld tiles so I choose to create my own tiles. Some of them using kyles as a REFERENCE but nothing more.

Thank you and good day. lol I hope this can help clear things up.
Sincerely, again,
Minorthreat

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Ah sorry. I blame the Jpeg image.
Yeah, see, when I looked at it, it looked like, you used the outlines of kyles and just messed around with the pixels, but yeah, they look scratch there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back