• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Possible New Ways to Evolve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
So far there is:
- Level
- Item
- Trade
- Item Trade
- Happiness
- Move
- Contest Condition
- Stat
(I may have missed some)

I wonder what is next? Possibly a frustration evo?

Years
haha maybe if your pokemon hates you then it will evolve to a certain poke.
that would be hard to do though....i think

Years
I think there should be an Iv or Ev evolution.
I know it would throw some people off but it would make you have to try and catch pokemon with a certian Iv value to evolve. Or even have to have a certian number of Ev points in a stat. It would make people have to keep track of there evs more closely

Years
I know it would throw some people off but it would make you have to try and catch pokemon with a certian Iv value to evolve. Or even have to have a certian number of Ev points in a stat. It would make people have to keep track of there evs more closely

i think that would be too complicated especially for the little kids who play pokemon. but good idea;)

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
i think that would be too complicated especially for the little kids who play pokemon. but good idea;)

They leave that stuff for the competitive older players, and the rest of the game is for the easy going little kid players.

Years

Isn't that kind of like Wurmple, which evolves due to hidden statistics?

I have said this in tons of places, but I would like to see the opposite of Nincada's evolution, where you have to have two pokemon in your party in order to get one evolution, but unlike the Mantyke/Remoraid relationship, you lose the second one. To take a Gen I/II example, you would have to have a Slowpoke AND a Shellder in your party in order to get Slowbro or Slowking, but you lose the Shellder in the process.

I would like to see this used for one new pokemon and two old ones--Plusle and Minun. Someone on the Gamefaqs board even suggested that Plusle and Minun have to level up at the same time in a double battle in order to trigger the evolution.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
Years
Isn't that kind of like Wurmple, which evolves due to hidden statistics?

I have said this in tons of places, but I would like to see the opposite of Nincada's evolution, where you have to have two pokemon in your party in order to get one evolution, but unlike the Mantyke/Remoraid relationship, you lose the second one. To take a Gen I/II example, you would have to have a Slowpoke AND a Shellder in your party in order to get Slowbro or Slowking, but you lose the Shellder in the process.

I would like to see this used for one new pokemon and two old ones--Plusle and Minun. Someone on the Gamefaqs board even suggested that Plusle and Minun have to level up at the same time in a double battle in order to trigger the evolution.

the plusle and minun thing would be a little too tricky to pull off.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
Yeah, I thought so too, but it WOULD be intriguing. And since I'd expect the resulting evolution to be near Uber-level, maybe it SHOULD be hard to get.
Well still, If all our idea's came true. That would be a sick, fun and challenging game!

My first idea that I came up in my head was fusions, but BleuVII was kind referring the same thing about the minum and plusle evo. I would like to see a marowak and a farfetch'd fuse together for an evo. cuz they both have sticks/bones. lol

Redrup

The Gentleman
Years
I don't think any additional methods of evolution are really necessary, but it is interesting to speculate.

That idea about multiple Pokémon combining to make a single, stronger version is a nice one. Very intriguing concept, and it would fit, given the Slowbro example.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
I know this is impossible, but I would much prefer having the number of ways to evolve simplified and reduced to only a few, so forget making new.

But again, this will never happen, because they never seem to correct older ways, and instead introduce new ways.
I'm sure Eevee would have evolved into Leafeon using Leaf Stone, but they made the new way just so that people can't say "Why didn't it evolve before when I tried?"

So yeah, if things could be simplified, I would like only these methods:
1. Evolution by leveling up.
2. Evolution using items/stones.
3. Evolution from happiness.
4. Evolution by gender.
5. Evolution by holding an item and leveling up.

I want evolutions to be changed in these ways so that only these five methods are needed:
1. Politoed to evolve by holding King's Rock and leveling up one level instead.
2. Kadabra, Machoke, Haunter, and Graveler to evolve by leveling up instead.
3. I don't even want Magnezone to exist, but if it did I want it to evolve using Thunderstone.
4. Steelix and Scizor to evolve by holding the Metal Coat and leveling up one level.
5. Tyrouge to evolve using three specific items instead of stats.
6. all evolutions needing certain moves to be changed to just normal level up evolution.
7. Kingdra to evolve by holding Dragon Scale and leveling up one level.
8. All baby Pokemon to evolve through happiness and leveling up one level.
9. Leafeon and Glaceon to evolve using Leaf Stone and Dawn Stone instead.
10. The Porygon family to evolve by using the discs.
11. Gliscor and Weavile to evolve by leveling up holding their respective items.
12. Only a female Kirlia to evolve into Gardevoir, and only male to evolve into Gallade, without the Dawn stone.
13. Shedinja to be an alternate evolution to Nincada instead, by holding the Spell tag and leveling.
14. I don't want Probopass to exist, but if it did, evolution by using Magnet.
15. Feebas to evolve normally by leveling up.
16. Duskull to evolve by using the Reaper's Cloth.
17. Clampearl to evolve by using those items instead of holding.
18. Combee to have an alternate male evolution.

Yeah, that's all the Pokemon with evolution methods which are not of the five I mentioned.
Too bad, this is just wishful thinking...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
One based on whether you have a female or male trainer.

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
haha maybe if your pokemon hates you then it will evolve to a certain poke.
that would be hard to do though....i think

All they need to do is make it easier to get a pokemon to hate you. Really when you think about, it should be very easy, they can just add another option when you click your pokemon, right under Summary Move Item etc there should be "Kick", and it brings up a little animation of you kicking your Grumpig or w/e in the ribs several times before putting it back in its pokeball.

Imagine how much frustration a player could get out by doing this after their pokemon misses some attack 3 times in a row :-)

R3D

"TAKEN DOWN ON THE WORD GO!"
Years
All they need to do is make it easier to get a pokemon to hate you. Really when you think about, it should be very easy, they can just add another option when you click your pokemon, right under Summary Move Item etc there should be "Kick", and it brings up a little animation of you kicking your Grumpig or w/e in the ribs several times before putting it back in its pokeball

You are a sociopath, I bet you think its fun to kill cats too?

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
You are a sociopath, I bet you think its fun to kill cats too?

So it's ok to shoot blasts of fire at pokemon, or slash at them with scythe claws, but it's not ok for me to make a joke about something far milder than that? Stay out of forums if you can't tell when ppl are joking

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
As offtopic as it is, Pokemon abuse would be something Nintendo/GF wouldn't allow. Also noting that slashing as well as shooting fire is done by the Pokemon, rather than humans.

It's like if there were two birds in front of you. A cat walks over and slashes one bird, then eats it. Doesn't mean you need to kick the other bird / then kill it or something. That's the animal or, in this case, Pokemon chain. If a game were to constitute such abuse it wouldn't be G (+?) rated anymore.

Oh and it isn't something to joke about, either. Yeah and when was kicking an animal suddenly milder than another animal eating a smaller animal? (Again, comparison, but it relates.)

Anyway to get back on topic, evolution via building location would be nice too. :x

Thunderpunch

Pokemon Master
Years
As offtopic as it is, Pokemon abuse would be something Nintendo/GF wouldn't allow. Also noting that slashing as well as shooting fire is done by the Pokemon, rather than humans.

It's like if there were two birds in front of you. A cat walks over and slashes one bird, then eats it. Doesn't mean you need to kick the other bird / then kill it or something. That's the animal or, in this case, Pokemon chain. If a game were to constitute such abuse it wouldn't be G (+?) rated anymore.

Oh and it isn't something to joke about, either. Yeah and when was kicking an animal suddenly milder than another animal eating a smaller animal? (Again, comparison, but it relates.)

Anyway to get back on topic, evolution via building location would be nice too. :x

But your analogy isn't really accurate, because a cat eating a bird is doing so out of hunger and necessity, while pokemon attacking other pokemon in a battle do not have a real need to do so. They're doing so because their trainedr makes them do it, so in an indirect way all pokemon games are about trainers attacking pokemon. Even to catch a pokemon, you need to attack it first.

I was only joking again, don't take it so seriously pls.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
Years
But your analogy isn't really accurate, because a cat eating a bird is doing so out of hunger and necessity, while pokemon attacking other pokemon in a battle do not have a real need to do so. They're doing so because their trainedr makes them do it, so in an indirect way all pokemon games are about trainers attacking pokemon. Even to catch a pokemon, you need to attack it first.

I was only joking again, don't take it so seriously pls.
haha i thought it was funny. XD first off, kicking a pokemon isnt killing it. if pokemon can take 100,000 volts, volcano eruption, etc. a kick from a kid would mean nothing to them.
on topic... i dont see the necessity of adding new ways to evolve. they've got enough already, some which arnt necessary, like evolving by moves, i mean its pretty much just evolving by level up. though i guess the fusion thing mentioned earlier is pretty cool. i wouldnt b too fussed if they put that in.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Wouldn't it be strange for a Pokemon to evolve holding an everstone?
hmmm, new way, hmmm, what about Pokemon that evolves after being poisoned or hit with any status effect a certain number of times?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years

There already is - Tyrogue into its Hitmon- forms.

Because Tyrogue's base stats are all equal, its IVs and EVs are the base for Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. They're not so hard because you can just use vitamins, but Hitmontop requires precise EV training to get the stats perfectly equal.

I reckon the above idea is pretty cool. Except instead of evolving through being afflicted, it's evolving through leveling up with the affliction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back