• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Corruption

Which Rpg maker should I use?

• RMXP

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • RM2K3

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Pokemoncorruption.png

Why should I help you? All humans waste the life I gave to them. It's Over ...

SeptiRegion-ForgottenArea.png
SeptiRegion-RegionalArea.png

SeptiRegion-FarAwayArea.png
SeptiRegion-LeagueArea.png

The Septi Region:
The Septi region is a new starting region, originally it was to be a tourist hot spot, visible in such cities like Nemble City and Florist city, with large mountains to the north, and a beautiful ocean to the south, no holiday lover should be able to resist coming to the Septi Region. That was however 10 years ago ... lately very few tourists come, the reason ... Team X. Team X are a group of evil scientists who experiment on anything they can find, run by the smartest man alive, no one dares to stand in the way of their criminal activity.​

Main story:
We all know how Arceus created the world of Pokémon. But, like any other god it has a opposite or an opponent or there are different religons with different gods in them. Some go as far as to say that there's parallel universes with other gods controlling them. Well, our story has all of the above, here in our world our god is none other than Shaderain, The Omega Pokémon. Shaderain was once a lonesome pokémon in the world. So, it created it's own partner, Arceus. They both became rulers of our universe and created our world and formed it with great power. Shaderain had to sacrafice 7 feathers of each element used to create life. These elements were Water,Fire,Grass,Wind,Earth,Light and Dark. Shaderain was proud of what he and Arceus made. Arceus however wanted it's own world, Arceus being a alpha Pokémon he created a portal to another empty world and left Shaderain to create his own world. Shaderain was furios and took it out on his world and made all the bad things like Death and illnesses and evil.
The seven feathers which Shaderain sacrificed were hidden from the world at Shaderain's command and have not been seen. But people fear that they will be needed to ressurect Shaderain to save our world...​

Player's Story:
You've just turned 14, after living in the Town of Quanti with the Region Professor, Prof.Rick nearby, what better time that to ask for a new Pokémon. One morning when you wake up your mother tells you a bunch of newly earned trainers had left the Lab of Prof. Rick with brand new pokémon. She suggests you go see if any are left, so you go to the lab. At the front doors of the lab is your childhood rival, Ralph. Ralph claims to have gotten the last Pokemon and that there is no point of trying to get a Pokemon since they are out of stock. After having your dreams crushed, Prof. Rick exits the Lab, about to close up, realising you forgot to get one earlier, he gives you the last pokémon and the chance to be one of the first in the Septi Region to have a pokédex and fill it with the many species that are in this new land.​

Features:​

Costume System
Buy and wear many creative costumes imported from around the world, some Costumes effect where you can and cannot go.​

Return of Battle Frontier
The battle frontier is back, with 4 new facilities and the return of the Glorious Battle Tower!!​

50 new Pokémon
This is not a 100% confirmed feature, it just depends if I, or a spriter is dedicated enough to think of 50 fakemon.​

Return of the G/S/C Graphics
This game is completely G/S/C styled, which includes Pokédex, Pokémon, Pokemon Menu, Bag, Overworld, Title Screen, EVERYTHING!

Screenshots:​

Screen1-2.png
Screen2-1.png
Screen7.png

Screen3-2.png
Screen5.png
Screen8.png

Screen4.png
Screen6.png
Screen9.png

Screen10.png

Pokédex:​
Spoiler:

The Corruption Team:

Me - Mapping scripting and Idea plotting
PiaCarrot - Spriting
M.L.- Tiler
Icey - Music Composing​

That's it for now.​

Last edited:

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
First, your title screen graphics have been lifted directly from the opening cinematic and title screen of FireRed. There's nothing against that, sure, but it's kinda obvious is all.

Second, the uhh... Rainbow Lugia? Riiiight. And seven elements? It bothers me enough when people make Light and Dark elements, but Space? Really? If you look at different cultures, the elements are usually air, water, earth, and fire. Sometimes wood, sometimes metal, very rarely light.

On a final note, the dialogue you've shown isn't exactly the best - it definitely needs to be looked over - and I'm confused as to what's going on in that first blue screen.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
First, your title screen graphics have been lifted directly from the opening cinematic and title screen of FireRed. There's nothing against that, sure, but it's kinda obvious is all.

Second, the uhh... Rainbow Lugia? Riiiight. And seven elements? It bothers me enough when people make Light and Dark elements, but Space? Really? If you look at different cultures, the elements are usually air, water, earth, and fire. Sometimes wood, sometimes metal, very rarely light.

On a final note, the dialogue you've shown isn't exactly the best - it definitely needs to be looked over - and I'm confused as to what's going on in that first blue screen.

The title screen shall be change, over time. As I believe I said this at first wa just me messing round with Rpg maker 2003

I thought Rainbow Lugia sounded alright :/
And in thought of seven elements I had in mind of having seven different temples one in each place of said elements.
water = Lake
Fire = Volcano
Grass = Forest
Light = Some holy place
Dark = Some abandoned Place
Space = in space.

And except from space I was trying to make them more or less like pokémon types Light being psychic.

I admit my dialogue is not the best. D:
And the Gengar in the picture is owned by Morgus. Morgus being the guy who has created corruption it's only natural he feed it to his pokémon. After being given corruption the pokémon learn a move called corruption. That's the move being shown. (I failed to screenshot it right).

That's bout it I guess :L

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows. Hence the Rainbow Feather in different games, and so on.

And temples? And space? I can understand light translating to Psychic type, but what would Space translate to, exactly?
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh or rude. I'm just incredibly sick of clichés in games. I see it all the time in Fantasy story plot-lines. Temples and twenty different elements and all that.
I'm just of the belief that you (yes, you) can do better than that.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows. Hence the Rainbow Feather in different games, and so on.

And temples? And space? I can understand light translating to Psychic type, but what would Space translate to, exactly?
I'm sorry if I'm coming across as harsh or rude. I'm just incredibly sick of clichés in games. I see it all the time in Fantasy story plot-lines. Temples and twenty different elements and all that.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

The reason Rainbow Lugia is Rainbow! Is he is more powerful than your average Lugia. Most people of the region he created doubt his existence because Lugia represents the Moon. Not rainbows.

I'm gonna cancel the space temple. I see your point entirely
I've been thinking about not telling what the final temple is
Thus making it more difficult to find, although when you need to find it you'll only have a limited area to search.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Okay, so the temples thing, yeah, fine. I'm glad you see my point, and you can do whatever you'd like with that. Cool.

But, again, that's quite a ridiculous reasoning. "Rainbow!" is not a valid explanation to anything. I feel the need to repeat: Lugia represents the Moon, Ho-oh represents the Sun.
There is no reason (not one single reason at all) for you to have an entirely new variation of species of Lugia that has the same purpose as Ho-oh. You may as well just use Ho-oh or find a different reason to use a Lugia.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This Lugia is a Special Lugia.
It has each element which was used to create this region fused in it's wings.
7 colours making a rainbow.
I just don't like Ho-Oh that much to use it.
Who.png

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
well i don't use RPG maker 2003, i use XP, so i can't imagine how hard this will be to create, good luck with that...

the Lugia thing, i kinda have to side with cruciFICTION, i'm not sure (special or not), you should make Lugia, something it is not, maybe instead of using "Rainbow Lugia" u could always just use Lugia itself, and give... Team XX, Ho-Oh, and with Team XX making eternal sunshine, and use Lugia to bring back night to the day... this was just something i thought of now, with no imagination, no research, no planning, nothing... but in any case, don't change what doesn't need to be changed, in this case, original Lugia, you may aswell create a whole new Pokémon and call it Rainbow Augia...

screenies look fine by the way, except, screen 1, the one tree isn't complete, the first blue screen isn't clear as to what it was, i actually thought it was Thunderbolt, but realised none of the Pokémon were electric types... good idea, lucky for you, this is just an idea, keep working on it, you can only get better idea's, good luck. x

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Years
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There's nothing particularly wrong with Rainbow Lugia, except for the fact that Lugia is usually associated with the moon
NO.

while Ho-oh is associated with the sun and rainbows.
NO.

Lugia and Ho-oh have nothing to do with the sun or moon. Lugia is associated with the ocean and Ho-oh with the sky (and rainbows).

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years

NO.

NO.

Lugia and Ho-oh have nothing to do with the sun or moon. Lugia is associated with the ocean and Ho-oh with the sky (and rainbows).

You do realise that the ocean and the moon are closely intertwined, right? And that rainbows and the sun are equally intertwined?

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Ok, after thinking I thought of something.
After Ho-Oh and Lugia were summoned in Johto
They flew away at high speeds. Never had there paths crossed without
human interferance. Then one day the paths crossed they flew passed each other so fast that a huge power radiated off them and created an egg, an egg of dark rainbows. This egg hatched into a new legendary Pokémon, Shaderain. Shaderain was a powerful pokémon. Rumours have it that it could take Arceus down. Shaderain has so much power it found a empty void and threw all it's power into the void. The void then became a world on which Pokémon and Humans lived side by side. mAfter this world was created 7 feathers from Shaderain's wings fell down and were hidden across this new world , in fear that one day they would be needed to save the world in near future...

It uses ho-oh and lugia. If it makes you all happy. And I'm kinda proud of it. :L

The intro to the game!
Based on the new story I did (the audio didn't record so I put some different out of game music in).
And I'm aware of the grammar erros spelling mistakes and cut off words-.-

Last edited:

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
So after Arceus goes about creating everything that exists ever, as goes the general idea of pokémon world creation, Lugia and Ho-oh just happen to meet each other and say, "What up?" and this makes a pokémon stronger than Arceus? Really?
That's a little over the top, I think. So are dark rainbows.

So far as I'm concerned, you may as well throw Lugia and Ho-oh out of it entirely and give Shaderain some other method of creation. Really, the only part of that that makes no sense are the parts you've adapted from other pokémon; again, the fact that Shaderain could take Arceus down and so on.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
So after Arceus goes about creating everything that exists ever, as goes the general idea of pokémon world creation, Lugia and Ho-oh just happen to meet each other and say, "What up?" and this makes a pokémon stronger than Arceus? Really?
That's a little over the top, I think. So are dark rainbows.

So far as I'm concerned, you may as well throw Lugia and Ho-oh out of it entirely and give Shaderain some other method of creation. Really, the only part of that that makes no sense are the parts you've adapted from other pokémon; again, the fact that Shaderain could take Arceus down and so on.

Shaderain created a world in a different universe than Arceus. So, if it can make worlds just like Arceus it's possible it could defeat Arceus. Because really every pokémon could take down Arceus by themselves it is possible. All Arceus did was create the Pokémon world. Not become invincible.

And besides arceus is not related to the story-line at all and does not appear in game. If you want I shall get rid of the Arceus bit.

And Lugia and Ho-Oh passes cross for a split second due to the high speed their flying at. The speed the use and the power they have are let out and then sealed into Shaderain's egg. They do not know of said egg. The egg vanished into another universe.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
We all know how Arceus created the world of Pokémon. But, like any other god it has a opposite or an opponent or there are different religons with different gods in them. Some go as far as to say that there's parallel universes with other gods controlling them. Well, our story has all of the above, here in our world our god is none other than Shaderain, The Omega Pokémon. Shaderain was once a lonesome pokémon in the world. So, it created it's own partner, Arceus. They both became rulers of our universe and created our world and formed it with great power. Shaderain had to sacrafice 7 feathers of each element used to create life. These elements were Water,Fire,Grass,Wind,Earth,Light and Dark. Shaderain was proud of what he and Arceus made. Arceus however wanted it's own world, Arceus being a alpha Pokémon he created a portal to another empty world and left Shaderain to create his own world. Shaderain was furios and took it out on his world and made all the bad things like Death and illnesses and evil.
The seven feathers which Shaderain sacrificed were hidden from the world at Shaderain's command and have not been seen. But people fear that they will be needed to ressurect Shaderain to save our world...

Made after a long time of thinking. D:
thoughts?

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
I'm going to sound like a broken record here when I say I still don't think that Arceus is necessary; Shaderain should be able to stand alone. And I'll still sound like a broken record when I say I don't like "Light" and "Dark" being "elements" (not to mention that "Grass" and "Earth" are essentially the same, so far as conventional elements go).

That said, I really like that mythos. I like that Shaderain got annoyed and created bad things, and I especially like that he's required to stop some so-far unknown evil (it'd be a nice little twist if Shaderain was still a mean prick, though).
I also like the Bible reference to the "Omega" pokémon. That's nice, that is.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Arceus is in the story because Shaderain gets angry at arceus and creates most evil things. And yeah you guesssed it he will be a prick. He now no longer trusts anything. Not even humans he regrets making them. But I'm not to say to much.

Anyway I got bored last night and tried spriting Shaderain ... I failed at scratching it, So I spliced it.
ShadeRain.png

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I was aiming for a brother of arceus look.
But, I rushed it so I'll go over it tonite.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I'm wondering on whether I should use RMXP or RM2K3 ?
If I use RMXP I'd be able to make a release sooner because I would have to create each and every Pokémon I want to appear.
I'm going to add a poll as well... Please vote.

Just testing with RMXP
If I use RMXP it shall be in HG/SS style.
HomeTown3.png
HomeTown2.png
HomeTown1.png

I'm aware of the Tile Errors.
And all the overworlds except Gold (I like gold) are placeholders. :P

Last edited:

MilesG170

Team Enigma Founder
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2015
I say RM2K/3 just because everyone uses XP. Now, with that being said, if you find XP more enjoyable, use that. I am using XP, even though I have RM2K/3. I just find XP easier, with the kit and all. I guess it comes down to whether you want to script or event more, since 2K is so event based for everything. Come to think of it, forget my vote. Go with whichever you enjoy more. That is what my team keeps telling me.

Back