• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Corruption

Which Rpg maker should I use?

• RMXP

Votes: 51 76.1%
  • RM2K3

Votes: 16 23.9%

• Total voters

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I say RM2K/3 just because everyone uses XP. Now, with that being said, if you find XP more enjoyable, use that. I am using XP, even though I have RM2K/3. I just find XP easier, with the kit and all. I guess it comes down to whether you want to script or event more, since 2K is so event based for everything. Come to think of it, forget my vote. Go with whichever you enjoy more. That is what my team keeps telling me.

I enjoy them both the same.
But, think of it this way
RMXP = Earlier Release
RM2k3 = A gazillion years till release.

Player's Story:
You play as a 15 year old child who has helped injured Pokémon since you were 5. Since then you have become a huge fan of become. So, a couple weeks back you applied to become a member of Litania Town fan club, a small but cosy fan club. Today, a letter returns saying your denied membership. Your mom blames the lack of pokémon/experience. She recomends you find Prof. Ludson the local Professor and kindly ask for a Pokémon. When going to Ludson Labs a tall blonde trainer blocks the door claiming Professor. Ludson is not in and has gone to explore the forest for some reason. Out of curiosity you follow, once entering the forest you hear a loud sound of a Regice. Further exploration you see Prof. Ludson being hassled by a man. You pick a pokéball from a bag and fight this mysterious wanderer off. As a reward Prof. Ludson gives you the Pikachu you used to help rescue him. Then you leave for your journey into the Septi Region.

Forest.png
Ludson1.png
Ludson2.png
Ludson3.png
Ludson4.png

I forgot to make it so the Player faces the Rocket.
But I'll put it in soon.

PC.png

PC2.png
PC3.png

Fully mapped the PC
and made the Hero OW instead of using Gold XD

Last edited:

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Varion's battle sprite looks a little bit odd. It's too obviously mashed together from obvious things. Aside from that, your script (as in dialogue and such) needs a lot of work.
If you'd like a hand with that, I'd be happy to proofread it.

EDIT: For example:
Player's Story:
You play as a fifteen (avoid using numbers for ages. I know it's "easier", but it's professional to write the number out if it's under 100) year old child (fifteen years old isn't really a child) who has helped injured Pokémon since he was five ("you were" changes the tense and the point of view. Same deal with the numbers). Since then you have become a huge fan of Pokémon (not become). So, a couple of weeks back, you applied to become a member of Litania Town's fan club, a small but cosy group (saying fan club again here is too repetitive).
(new line) Today, a letter returned saying you were (you use "your" a lot, and incorrectly, too) denied membership. Your mom blames your ("the" lack makes it sound too general, like there's some region-wide lack of pokémon) lack of pokémon and (don't use slashes in this sort of writing. Looks very unprofessional) experience. She recomends you find Prof. Ludson, the local Pokémon Professor, and kindly ask for a Pokémon.
(new line) When going to Ludson Labs, a tall blonde trainer blocks the door claiming Professor Ludson is not in, and has gone to explore the forest for some reason. Out of curiosity you follow. Once you enter the forest, you hear the loud call of a Regice. After further exploration, you see Prof. Ludson being hassled by a man. You pick up Prof. Ludson's pokéball and fight the mysterious wanderer off. As a reward, Prof. Ludson gives you the Pikachu you used. You then leave for your journey around the Septi Region.

I like the name "Septi" region. It's a good name, that is.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Thanks.
As you may have guessed, despite english being my main language I suck at it.
You can help me with dialogue if you want, I'd appreciate it.

As for Varion, his sprite is a Splice atm. I suck at scratching them.
But I hope to change his sprite in the future.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
As a user of Rm2k3, I would say use RMXP.

The reason i chose to use Rm2k3 is because I have years of experience with it. I tried RmXP, but it took way too long to do what I wanted it to do. To do anyhting as efficently as Rm2k3 you would have to learn ruby, it was more flexable, but would take me longer to do stuff.

If you're starting off fresh RMXP is probably a better choice. be prepared to learn Ruby though, or you won't get too far.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
As a user of Rm2k3, I would say use RMXP.

The reason i chose to use Rm2k3 is because I have years of experience with it. I tried RmXP, but it took way too long to do what I wanted it to do. To do anyhting as efficently as Rm2k3 you would have to learn ruby, it was more flexable, but would take me longer to do stuff.

If you're starting off fresh RMXP is probably a better choice. be prepared to learn Ruby though, or you won't get too far.

Hmm ... never heard of this 'Ruby'
I'll go look into it. :L

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Hmm ... never heard of this 'Ruby'
I'll go look into it. :L

It's the rmXP scripting language.

Basically in my experience. Rmxp is far more flexable... if you know ruby. You can do more with Rm2k3's eventing interface than Rmxp's(without ruby)

Luckly, rmxp has starter kits, so you can use them.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Gahh!!! D:<
Rpgmaker xp keeps saying 'Failed to Load Class Data!'
what does this mean? How do I fix it?
If I can't find an answer on my best friend (GOOGLE) I'ma have to start again. -_- yay.[/sarcasm]

Also:
Spoiler:

Just a Tile test.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
Gahh!!! D:<
Rpgmaker xp keeps saying 'Failed to Load Class Data!'
what does this mean? How do I fix it?
If I can't find an answer on my best friend (GOOGLE) I'ma have to start again. -_- yay.[/sarcasm]

Also:
Spoiler:

Just a Tile test.
Thoughts?

D:

Please credit the people on my thread. (I'm Neo-Spriteman, by the way)
It looks nice, though.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
BatiJFG is the only one who needs credits.
I got these all from his Deviant Art.
So, all credits to him.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
So you're going with HGSS styled houses? Cool, they're really nice.
Good luck on the B/W overworlds xD
You good at spriting?

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Did you use a template? Because the character moving up looks a bit like he's shaking his butt. As if he's one of them girls on the catwalk. I don't know if it looks like that in action, but it sure looks like it on the animation sheet xD

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I used the main hero of B/W as a template.
And ... after inserting it ... ;-; he shakes his bum-bum.

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
See? Well, wouldn't be too hard to change that :/ it's just about 2 pixels or something...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Yepp :D
It's all done :D

I've also been inserting tiles and sprites.
SpriteTest2.png
SpriteTest1.png
TilesTest-1.png
TilesTest1.png

Not much as of yet.
But I'm getting there. Once I have gotten to where I got after it crashed I will start to learn RGSS/Ruby.

Another update today ... damn.
The 1st script.
Where your 'rival' lurks outside the lab.
Script1-1.png
Script2-1.png
Script3-1.png
Script4-1.png

Last edited:
Back