• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I have a problem! I need help! I was looking for Celebi in Dardusk Woods. I catched him, but now I can't get out of the Dardusk Woods. How can I go away?

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2012
hi again! my emboar keeps trying to evolve to scolipede! is there anyway i can fix this bug? or it can't be fixed? this kind of disappointed me about the game so I stopped playing... but it's a good game nevertheless!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
hi again! my emboar keeps trying to evolve to scolipede! is there anyway i can fix this bug? or it can't be fixed? this kind of disappointed me about the game so I stopped playing... but it's a good game nevertheless!
Hand it an Everstone, I'm afraid...

This is the kind of thing that happens when a Pokémon gets hacked into a game like Emboar into anything before Gen. V. I'm curious which Pokémon's data it happens to be replacing, because whoever it is, it is at its standard level-up point. What level did it start "evolving" at?

I might download this and take a peek at it in AdvanceMap. If it's not locked. Maybe I can answer this question myself.

EDIT: Found the answer. It has replaced Pokémon #266 (in fact, 261-269 are the Gen. V starters and evolutions). Silcoon happened to be #266. Scolipede has been hacked into entry #15 (formerly Beedrill). There is some evolution link created in your version of the hack between these two. The question is whether it is corrected in the newest version.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2013
does anyone know the code for turtwig? for example, the one for monferno is:

83007D220 100
i want to know that code but for turtwig. please help?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Just as a note, it's not usually a good idea to post asking for help in the thread then PM people asking the same question. You can ask for help, but let someone answer you in the thread. I do not have the answer to this, nor even understand it. I do know Turtwig is replacing Treecko at entry #252 (those starters and evolutions go to #260), but that's about it.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Can somebody answer my question. UMM MY QUESTION IS:
I have done the 8th Gym and went immediately to victory road. When suddenly, A girl named Solana is blocking the way.
She said: Hey, DAVE(me)!
My friend LUNICK is waiting in my house to battle you.
And when I went to her house LUNICK is not there. My Question: Why is he not there?
Please answer my Question :(

Years
Because you are playing an old translated version you are getting that problem...SnakeByte had already fixed this problem in his final translated version so I recommend you refer to it rather than waiting for something else to happen

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Delete the evolution by using YAPE.

Hand it an Everstone, I'm afraid...

This is the kind of thing that happens when a Pokémon gets hacked into a game like Emboar into anything before Gen. V. I'm curious which Pokémon's data it happens to be replacing, because whoever it is, it is at its standard level-up point. What level did it start "evolving" at?

I might download this and take a peek at it in AdvanceMap. If it's not locked. Maybe I can answer this question myself.

EDIT: Found the answer. It has replaced Pokémon #266 (in fact, 261-269 are the Gen. V starters and evolutions). Silcoon happened to be #266. Scolipede has been hacked into entry #15 (formerly Beedrill). There is some evolution link created in your version of the hack between these two. The question is whether it is corrected in the newest version.

Cyclone
Why in the heck are you always answering in such a roundabout way?
And yes, everyone knows you don't like IV and V gen Pokémon in III gen games, you don't need to present it everytime. Most of us hate that we can play only with first 3 generations.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
1 Bug Captured..
2uel8n8.png

Mienshao is Arceus?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
1 Bug Captured..
2uel8n8.png

Mienshao is Arceus?
What? Both are Gen. IV or Gen. V, neither existed in Emerald or earlier.

Why in the heck are you always answering in such a roundabout way?
And yes, everyone knows you don't like IV and V gen Pokémon in III gen games, you don't need to present it everytime. Most of us hate that we can play only with first 3 generations.
I'm sorry, is it wrong for me to make a natural observation? Hacking the game mechanics can cause these types of bugs. It's an observation, leave it at that and don't bring my personal opinion into the matter, please.

Cyclone

SKRoy

Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I have a problem! I need help! I was looking for Celebi in Dardusk Woods. I catched him, but now I can't get out of the Dardusk Woods. How can I go away?

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
CycloneGU, that's simply incorrect. The Sinnoh and Unova starters are in the 25 'extra' slots.

I've also said over and over that I fixed it. Update to the latest version, guys!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
CycloneGU, that's simply incorrect. The Sinnoh and Unova starters are in the 25 'extra' slots.
Really? I did see entries to 411, so I thought the "extra" slots were the last 25. I didn't look closely, mind. I presumed the added starters replaced the ones that were there completely due to sharing the same Dex number. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. :)

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
1 Bug Captured..
2uel8n8.png

Mienshao is Arceus?
Yeah, and Arceus has Mienshao's icon. It's a known bug.
I might try to change it.

I'm sorry, is it wrong for me to make a natural observation? Hacking the game mechanics can cause these types of bugs. It's an observation, leave it at that and don't bring my personal opinion into the matter, please.
Then don't bring your personal opinions into "natural observations" and help instead of observing.

Anyways, I've been playing Snake's Final version and I must say I haven't found any bug o.O I'm up to 7th Lauren gym and no bugs (beside the ones I did by using YAPE :D I just wanted to see what's gonna happen :D)
EDIT: Yeah, I forgot, I found one fairy Shinx (that healing one) =D Should I remove it, or should I leave it as an easter egg? :D

So beside Arceus' icon, the block of ship, anyone has any idea what else should be done to LP?

Last edited:
Years

Yeah, and Arceus has Mienshao's icon. It's a known bug.
I might try to change it.

Then don't bring your personal opinions into "natural observations" and help instead of observing.

Anyways, I've been playing Snake's Final version and I must say I haven't found any bug o.O I'm up to 7th Lauren gym and no bugs (beside the ones I did by using YAPE :D I just wanted to see what's gonna happen :D)
EDIT: Yeah, I forgot, I found one fairy Shinx (that healing one) =D Should I remove it, or should I leave it as an easter egg? :D

So beside Arceus' icon, the block of ship, anyone has any idea what else should be done to LP?
I say leave those Shinxes adn as for that Block of ship remove adn replace it with something else... I say make a path (a bridge or something on that)..

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2015
In my opinion some of the sprites are to big, in comparision witch backsprite, i mean that fully evolved pkmns, sometimes look smaller than opponent (like purogly for example), mabe its not a bug but it looks weird. Well there is text bug in pokecenter when i'm going to heal my party and I think that it sholuld be repaired...

Last edited:

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
Help please! I'm RIGHT at the entrance to Esmerald City, but Red and Ash or whoever won't say ANYTHING, and I can't enter the city! did I miss something here??? PLEASE, PLEASE help me!

Last edited:
Back