• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was your favorite game in the fourth gen

Which was your favorite 4th gen game?

• Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Pokemon Platinum

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Hey all i was just curious to know which of the following games were your favorite from the fourth gen games

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
Pokemon platinum ( iknw it is the third game of diamond and pearl)
Pokemon Heart Golld/Soul Silver​

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Fixed the poll since there was quite a few spelling errors.

Anyway, HGSS were my favourite games by far of this generation of gaming. I like adventuring through Sinnoh, but only to experience that through Diamond, which compared to Platinum, wasn't particularly good. Heart Gold was amazing both graphics-wise, included a much larger post-game and the mini additions such as the PokeAthlon definitely triumphed over contests.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
HGSS by a mile. DPPt are actually my least favourite Pokémon games ever! And SoulSilver is my favourite, so yeah. Great nostalgia kick, loved the "follow me" feature, improved graphics, new additions to the original storyline, (as with the originals) a great post-game adventure (where post-game is after the Elite Four and Champion are defeated)... yeah. It had pretty much everything I was looking for.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Mine is Platinum; I loved Diamond and Pearl and Platinum just threw those together and said "here's a better game."

I didn't really like HGSS for aesthetic reasons. I thought the graphics seemed so bulky and childish. I loved the follow me feature and the PokeWalker is addicting, but other than that nothing is really memorable about the game other than funky-looking grass and obnoxious colors.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
HG/SS was my favorite 4th gen game by far.

For one, they converted a Gameboy Color cartridge game into a DS game, which had improved graphics, tougher challenges, and just more **** to do in general.

The DPPt line is sorta like the more modern version of the old pokemon games. While it may not be old, It's newer content instead of re-used and re-furbished.

I always enjoyed GSC as a kid, so seeing HG/SS come out was like a nerdgasm moment for me :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's a tie between Platinum and HG/SS. I liked how Platinum was a revamped version of D/P, while HG/SS gave me a chance to experience Johto, since I never played G/S/C.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I never played Plat. So I can't really have a good say in this. HGSS would probably be my favorite out of the 3 choices. If i had played Plat. though,I probably would have liked it best.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
SoulSilver FTW. It may be because I played Gold as my first pokemon game, but I always loved the Gen II games. Kanto and Johto were both the best regions IMO. Especially because it had two whole regions in one game :). Platinum was cool, but SS had a part of nostalgia that I loved.

Years
For me it was a tie between Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Platinum was much better than Diamond/Pearl and I do like Sinnoh whereas HeartGold/SoulSilver gave me the opportunity to explore Johto and Kanto since I never played the original G/S/C.

Mononoke Hime

viva emptiness
Years
For me it was a tie between Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Platinum was much better than Diamond/Pearl and I do like Sinnoh whereas HeartGold/SoulSilver gave me the opportunity to explore Johto and Kanto since I never played the original G/S/C.

I also really like HG/SS because I have a lot to explore in both Johto and Kanto and it keeps me interested in the game.
Also, the legendaries are really great.

And honestly who don't like to have our gorgeous pokemons walking alongside us? ♥

Years
HeartGold/SoulSilver had to be my favorite of the gen IV games. I just felt that they were remakes done right, as they had a lot more to do post-game than the 1st gen remakes, and the little things like having a Pokemon follow you and the Pokeathlon made it even more fun. I can't speak about Diamond/Pearl since I haven't played them, but nothing really struck me as memorable from Platinum apart from the Distortion World. The game was still pretty good, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did HeartGold.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
My favourite :D? I had a particular fondness for Heartgold since I found it entertaining,the additional features were great and the exploration of two regions instead of one made the game much more satisfying and challenging n_n.

For example, I really liked the follow me feature. It allowed you to bond with your Pokemon and it gave you more courage, with your Pokemon besides you.I liked picking apricons as it gave satisfying rewards and unlike contests which I absolutely hated, the Pokeathlon was by far fun and a whole new different way to compete instead of just battling your regular trainers day to day.

But yeah, I'd say the only downside is the Pokegear could become irritating with all those pointless calls D:. Other than that, I'm really happy with HG and SS :D.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
The fact I have completed my diamond twice in 48 hours is a real disappointment, I liked the challenge of only 2 fire types however but If I have to be totally honest HG/SS are just so much better.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Soul Silver. No contest. Spend most of my time playing that one (though I'm actually not sure if I think about both my Pearl Playthroughs ... eh still) and I had the most fun experience with it. Actually went and caught the legendaries, completed the region dex (forget about national) etc etc.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Platinum, Added a lot of Pokemon not available in the other two. And introduced the Possibility to evolve older Pokemon like Magmar. Just an all out fun game that made 4th gen so much better.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Platinum by far. It fixed most of the flaws with D/P, and added some intriguing elements to their storyline, including the exploration of a whole alternate dimension. It's still the game I've logged the most hours on, done the most wi-fi activities with, and the most recent game where I've felt motivated to complete as much of it as possible. It still houses all of my "main" Pokemon which I have not wanted to migrate to the 5th gen games.

HG/SS represented a major nosedive for the franchise, and felt rushed, sloppy, and unpolished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back