• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen Diamond, Pearl or Platinum?

Diamond, Pearl or Platinum?

• Diamond

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Platinum

Votes: 26 76.5%

• Total voters
Years
So, which of the trio of Sinnoh games did you prefer?

Was it because of the version exclusives? The version mascot? Or was it because you liked the look of that game better?

Vote in the poll and give reasons!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Even though I don't own a copy of Platinum, and rather copies of Diamond and Pearl, Platinum is the obvious choice. Not only does it trump Diamond and Pearl post-game wise, but it also provides fixes to the little things that really bugged me in D and P. (Surfing speed, especially.)

Last edited:
Years
Pearl was the first Pokemon game I really played after I left the series a number of years before, so I have quite a bit of fondness for it.
That said, Platinum's a close second because of the new features and slightly new story elements (different gym orders, Looker etc.).

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Platinum is the best by far mostly because of the post-game stuff and gameplay improvements.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Platinum obviously. They fixed a lot of issues from Sinnoh's dex roster, and they've added a lot of new features post-game, including the return of the Battle Frontier.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I only played through Pearl once, ever. My save file is still the original from 2007 xD

I played through Platinum a couple more times, so I'd have to say it's my favorite - although that might change because I'm getting Diamond Version this Christmas!

But Gen IV is definitely the region I'm least familiar with, so it's really hard to pick.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I have not bought any of the Sinnoh games, judging from my favorite Pokemon - & version exclusives, I'm going with Pearl. Glameow only appears on Pearl.

Game I'm buying in January.

blue

gucci
Years
I liked both Diamond & Pearl and I think Generation IV was one of the best generations to date but when Platinum was released it was such a step-up in comparison. So I chose Platinum!

Years
Even though Diamond was what I played first, I went with Platinum cos I enjoyed it better than the first two.

I also loved Dawn's Platinum design better, and the extra Pokemon and features gave it the edge.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Platinum definitely :D. Ahh gosh this game brings back so many memories :D. My first go at the Pokemon series, it had better Pokemon to catch, new features, a much faster surfing speed :P and much more to do in the aftergame. D/P were fantastic games but nothing compares to Platinum :)

Years
Just like the same way I felt with Emerald over R/S, I thought that Platinum was a big upgrade over D/P. I never had much of an opportunity to play Diamond or Pearl, but I would have been disappointed if I played through them after Platinum only to find out there was no Distortion World or Battle Frontier.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Platinum; this was without a doubt, yo.

The health bar layout looked WAY better D/P not mention the opened Pokedex and being able to train Leafeon and Glaceon...I mean, damn...why weren't they in D/P.

The torn world and the extra battle with Cyrus, Mars and Jupiter...not mention the revamped storyline...

...The rematches with gym leaders...and finally the battle frontier. There's prolly more, but this is all I can think of.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Platinum! OMG the Giratina story just made me want it sooo bad (I'm a Dragon lover). Besides that, it was much faster than D and P; had a better post game and better exclusives.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
Years
I always go with the third version of the game because it always has more stuffed added to it. I like the fact that Pokemon Platinum bought back the Battle Frontier; I wish they had 7 battle facilities just like Emerald, but it was still a good thing.

:t354:TG

Years
Platinummmm! Nicer battle layout and overall has more to do. I also thought the Distortion World was really cool and the plot overall was much more interesting~

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
Platinum ftw! I like the new designs of the characters, and the plot was waaaay better than Diamond or Pearl. Plus, the HP Bar was beyond cool.

TrainerTori

Growlithe Fan
Years
I got pearl because it was the only version they had used at gamestop :B

(I know... such a dead and well thought out reason - LOL)

Back