• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Other FULL] Atlantis Awakening [OOC+SU] [M]

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Ability
Fighting is a specialty of Natalie's. She commands the powers of the abyss, able to suck in objects and repel them by creating a black gaseous substance that acts very much like a black hole. This power, when active can give her immunity from attacks by absorbing them into her skin, turning her flesh black as the object is either stopped or absorbed into her. Nat can also repel objects back towards her opponent using the same force that was used against her. In essence, she has the power of gravity through her strange powers.

The wrath of the abyss has an even greater benefit for direct combat if her foes decide not to strike at her. She can coat her body with this abyssal substance, amplifying the power of anything she touches such as weapon or her body itself, splitting apart molecules at a far greater rate than a typical blow would. As it is the base of her powers, the void she commands pulls and repels atomic particles like a magnet, allowing her to deconstruct an object over time if she's left alone to do so. The ability is also unique in that it can also build or repair matter as well, but in no particular order. She could erase an apple from existence but to repair a piece of an apple that was bitten out of would require the necessary matter to build it and the genetic code to know how such particles are meant to reconstruct. In short, she can deconstruct anything, but can only restore something if the object or organism has its blueprint present.

Many might jokingly call her a walking landfill or a living recycling bin, but it's partially true. Natalie is an environmentalist's wet dream. Just as she can pull or repel anything, she can also suck in objects into her skin for later use. In essence, she has an internal storage compartment where she can put anything and reduce the weight of what she's carrying to almost nothing. However, her vacuum-like body has adverse effects in combat. The more stuff she has stored inside of her, the more energy it takes her to use her powers and thus reduces the effectiveness of her abilities. In some cases, she can even start to slow down as if she was carrying a heavy burden, which is actually pretty accurate. For this reason, Nat prefers instead to either deconstruct an object or let it pass right through her or repel it since weighing down her internal dimension is too costly for her. Still, Natalie does keep a few items inside of her most of the time without adverse side effects. It's when she has to absorb a big load or carry a lot stuff around for awhile that impedes her ability to call upon the void.

Contrary to what it might seem, Natalie's powers do have some shortfalls. While she can become intangible, she is only completely phased out when her entire body is coated in the essence of the abyss. This is clearly identified by areas where her skin has changed to an ebony black color. If Nat is completely coated in her Abyssal Shroud, it also turns her hair into a dull bluish-gray slate color while her irises turn red and her sclera darken to a nighttime black. For this reason, Nat is most vulnerable when she's not using her powers or only coats part of her body in her shroud, in which case striking at the unchanged regions of her body is most effective. Even so, she is still somewhat vulnerable while in her shroud. Her ranged capabilities are limited to any standard weapon she has on her or anything she can reflect. Nat can still pull you towards her from afar, but her range is still fairly short and using her gravitational powers alone aren't harmful. For this reason, forcing her to go on offense without trying to attack her will quickly exhaust her abilities, especially if she's completely shrouded. Generally Natalie won't go after someone who won't fight her for obvious reasons, but exhausting her powers is an effective strategy when full intangibility is in effect. The wrath of the void tires quickly, and Nat will start to become delirious, vomit, or pass out, recalling her Abyssal Shroud and leaving her completely helpless.​

First of all, your power covers a wide spectrum of abilities, is there anyway you could change it into something more specific? Secondly, it's many uses makes it fairly over-powered. If you want to continue with the "hell" theme, you could try some sort of "Hell-Fire" ability or perhaps some sort of psychic magnetism allowing her to push and pull materials aside from magnetic substances?

I'm loving your creativity, though.

Also a side note, we have Gravity Manipulation reserved for a character later.

Alright, question. Would an ability where the user could bend or sometimes even break the laws of physics be a bit OP? I found it on a wiki under reality manipulation and it seemed awesome, but incredibly over powered. I would limit it of course, but I would still like your guy's opinions on it.

Could you perhaps explain a little more? As for the general idea, I would probably steer clear of breaking physics because yes, it could be quite OP. Feel free to have a try though, you never know....​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hey, can you check if my ability seems ok? I found it on some site but took away some aspects and added something. I won't make her overpowered even if she learns to move air and become air, I trust you trust me better than that :D

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Also a side note, we have Gravity Manipulation reserved for a character later.
You did state that abilities could be very close without being the same and the power itself isn't pure gravity manipulation. It's very limited as she can force objects to her or away from her. Full gravity manipulation would have a much greater field of influence.

I'll see what I can come up with but it may take me awhile to figure something out that's acceptable. I'm out of ideas. : /

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Hey, can you check if my ability seems ok? I found it on some site but took away some aspects and added something. I won't make her overpowered even if she learns to move air and become air, I trust you trust me better than that :D

It looks great, Red. Keep up the good work. Will wait for your sample to be finished, but you're pretty much accepted!

You did state that abilities could be very close without being the same and the power itself isn't pure gravity manipulation. It's very limited as she can force objects to her or away from her. Full gravity manipulation would have a much greater field of influence.

I'll see what I can come up with but it may take me awhile to figure something out that's acceptable. I'm out of ideas. : /

Fair enough. I can accept that as an ability, forcing objects towards and away from her. Just keep your ability within the parameters of forcing objects towards and away from her, I can even see how this could allow her to hover, but try not to extend it too much and give her too many side-abilities like intangibility for example. Loving the character though, she'll fit perfectly into the story. XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay, I'm done I think. Hope we'll start soon! I might have a lot of free time next week :D when I should be studying for moar exammmms

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
All done! (Well pretty sure at least.)

Main Information:
Name: Kim Parnevik
Alias: Miss Possible
Height: 5'9'' (Male), 5'11' (Female)
Weight: 63 kg (Male), 57kg (Female)

Appearance:

Atlantean Tattoo:
Kim's tattoo is tiara like, appearing close to her right hip. It comes up from below the top of her bikini line. It comes up nearly in line with the bottom of her belly button, though it is offset from it, coming up on a slight angle towards her left hip. (The tattoo is the same on both the male and female forms.)

Physical:
Typically Kim's male form has dark brown eyes and curly brown hair is bowl cut and often dishevelled. His facial hair is usually shaven or slightly grown as he didn't like having it long because it is uncomfortable for him. He has a generally unfit and thin body shape, as he rarely exercises or goes outside but still has some left over fitness from when he played soccer.

Kim's female form can be most easily described as a super model. She has light brown eyes and chest length black hair which she usually wears down. She has very nicely shaped and sized breasts, which she enjoys flaunting at any chance she gets. She has a very fit body, which you would expect on a super model; a small waist with hips just slightly larger to give her the perfect shape. Her legs a long and well shaped, as well as her bottom, because she squats.

Clothing:
Kim's male form usually wears either pyjamas or plaid button up shirts and khakis. Sometimes when it gets cold he wears tracksuits with blankets wrapped around his body as he sits in his computer chair. If he is forced to leave the house he wears big jackets with hoods and long pants/khakis to hide his body and feel slightly more secure, only slightly though.

Kim's female form rarely wears real clothes, typically she creates her own clothes with her illusionary powers as she doesn't own any female clothes herself as of yet. Generally though, she creates clothes which highlight her assets such as a magically girl outfit with is very low cut, basically just a g-string bikini with a magical girl theme. High heels are her most common choice of footwear, most being high legged heels that go up to her knees.

Personality:

Male Kim is what you'd call.. a shut in nerd who has a fear of the outside world and talking to people. He has a case of agoraphobia, which sometimes causes him to have sudden panic attacks if he fines himself in a situation that he is not comfortable in, such as if there is a lot of people surrounding him or talking around him, which reinforces his want to always stay inside or away from people he doesn't know, (which is mainly everyone since you can't get to know people if you don't talk to them.) Though he is scared by the outside world, he is also very curious of it, spending a large portion of his time studying it and has great understanding of it. When he's not studying he is busy playing video games or watching anime/tv shows. Because of his large knowledge he tends to state facts at inappropriate times or just if he sees something that he knows a lot about, even if he is only stating them to himself.

Female Kim, now you could say she was a bit more outgoing than her male counterpart. While female, Kim becomes much more comfortable with people and the outside world... MUCH more. She enjoys using her 'assests' to flirt with and seduce both male and females whenever she gets the chance. She also enjoys clinging onto the most attractive person that is near her and using all her means to get them to indulge her and her fantasies. She retains her knowledge gathered in her male form but uses it a lot less, only really bringing up things that she finds utterly important or over interesting, which usually ends up with her spouting out random sexually orientated trivia or facts at the most opportune moment she can find. She also loves using her environment to present herself as seductive as possibility.

Kim retains his memories from when he changes to a girl, which usually leads him to regret a lot of things and act overly awkward with the people that he hits on as a female. This in turn reinforces his want to be locked up in his room and can sometimes even cause a panic attack depending on how the person reacts to his male form after encountering his female form. He can also speak Swedish, English and German.

History:
Kim grew up as a normal child in Gothenburg, Sweden. At a young age he started playing soccer as a way to interact with other kids and make friends with similar interests, as he eventually began to love playing soccer, playing it for the next 12 years. Through out his school life he represented his school soccer team, which regularly made it to the country championships as the lead striker. In his second last year of school he was chosen to take the penalty kick in the country finals which would decide the outcome of the game. The pressure was immense as he lined up his shot, with everyone's eyes on him he started to panic, and after completely missing the shot the pressure became to much for him and he had a panic attack in the middle of the field in front of thousands. After the panic attack he dropped out of school and holed himself up in his room, rarely leaving his house as he was scared that everyone outside would judge his failure and look at him with disapproval and hatred.

The next four years can be looked at rather boring from the perspective of most people as Kim spent almost the entity of his time in the room/house studying the outside world that he had come to fear and playing video games or watching videos. Over this time he gained a vast knowledge of the world and felt as it was fulfilling enough to just learn about the outside world without having to personally experience it. While scouring a news aggravating site he saw news on the Atlanteans, which made the outside world even scarier. People with supernatural powers that have lived for thousands of years? Humans of the present day turning gaining tattoo's and their own powers, it was all to much for him, strengthening his resolve to never leave his out and see the outside world again.

Ability:
Gender Changing (male form only), Illusion Manipulation (female form only.)

As a male Kim has the ability of gender changing, which means that he can change his gender and other peoples gender temporarily, though his personal transformations usually last a lot longer than transformations on other people. Though he has the ability, he has little to no control over it as of yet, with changes happening at random. His ability usually manifests through touch which can lead to some awkward moments for Kim, which sometimes can cause him to freak out if he is confronted after changing the persons gender. Kim can only change peoples genders while he is male, with his female form losing the ability to change genders by touch, or through her illusions.

When he becomes a female he also gains some magical powers, thus becoming a magical girl. As a magical girl Kim has the ability to use magic to create illusions, such as the staff she manifests almost subconsciously when she becomes a female, as well as her magical girl outfit that she creates with illusions. With her illusions she can do all sorts of fun things such as creating multiple images of herself or turning her true self (mostly) invisible by leaving an after-image behind and tricking the persons mind into thinking that she hasn't moved.

A draw back of the illusion manipulation is that Kim can only use it while he is a female, and that she as it is still untrained she can only use her power on one person at a time (expect her clothes which are seen by mostly everyone), if someone else comes they could possible break her illusions by breaking her concentration as the power of her illusions depends on how much she is concentrating on using them. There is also a chance that if the person has a strong sense of reality that she will only be able to create small illusions that effect them, which could almost render her ability useless.

Writing Sample:

The sun shone in through the blinds, warming Kim's cheek as she slept. Slowly, the warmth lulled her from her sleep, waking her to the world, and her first day of life. Pushing herself out of bed she walked to her cupboards mirrored doors and watched her loose pyjamas pants fall to the ground, revealing her lower body, which was definitely female. Curious, she took her top off to reveal female breasts, very real female breasts after some investigation, which lead to a smile coming across her face. She also saw something unexpected, a black tiara like tattoo that was close to her right hip, coming from beneath her bikini line to about in line with the bottom of her belly button. Pulling on her knowledge she deduced there was a chance that is was an Atlantean tattoo, but everything else that was happening was much more exciting for her to really care about it's significance.

"Yay!" She said in excitement jumping up and down, "Ow that kinda hurts.." she said as she stopped jumping before the realisation hit her, I have no female clothes! Frustrated she looked into the mirror at her naked body, imagining different outfits over her body before looking at a bluray cause that was sitting on her computer desk. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. OH! Magical Girls! I would look so sexy in a magical girl outfit. As she imagined what her perfect outfit would look like, it appeared on her body, skin tight, and awfully revealing with her legs, midriff and cleavage CLEARLY visible, it suited her perfectly! Spinning around to check how it looked from behind she saw something unexpected, a black locket tattoo in the middle of her lower back, a tramp stamp.

Excitement was still flowing through her body as she threw open the curtains to reveal a beautiful day outside. It was a sunny Saturday morning, and by morning it was really more afternoon as he had spent all night reading about the reveal of Atlanteans the day before. "Ah, time to find me an attractive person to indulge in." She declared to the world as she turned from the window and walked back to the mirror, admiring herself for one last time being blowing a kiss and winking at herself before leaving her room. The afternoon sun kissed her pale skin as soon as she left her house, though gentle she knew that she'd have to begin working on a tan so she didn't turn into a lobster every time she spent time in the sun. Walking to the centre of Stockholm from her house took her slightly longer than she expected, but it was worth it, as she soon had many a people, and a good deal were attractive, checking her out as she walked by. Much to her joy a very attractive young man approached her as she was standing in front of a movie theatre.

"Wow, you are stunning, but why that outfit? Aren't you cold?" He asked, trying to not let his eyes drop to her chest for to long. Picking up on this she squeezed her arms together, highlighting her assets, which gained a long gaze from the young man as she replied.

"I just thought it was cute and that it'd be fun to walk around in it. But yes it is a little cold.. Would you like to watch a movie with me?" She grabbed his arm, pulling it in close and held it with her breasts enveloping it. A smile came upon the young man's face as he agreed to watch a movie with her, even insisting on buying the ticket. During a short conversation before the movie she discovered that his name was Gustav and that he was a university student studying drama. Soon though, the movie began, and so did Kim. Once the lights went out her hand when to his, beginning to slowly play with his fingers for a few minutes before moving to rub his leg. Before long he joined in, rubbing up and down her leg and slowly getting a bit more brave in where his hands and fingers touched. After 20 odd minutes they had began to kiss, ignoring the fact that the movie on, much to Kim's pleasure, especially as he got more adventurous. Suddenly as the kissing got more intense Kim hurriedly pushed Gustav off as she began crying.

He had changed back into a male, halfway through an intimate kiss, and boy was he freaking out. There he was, outside his room, naked, kissing another person with clear memories of exactly what had happened. The shock also hit Gustav as he screamed in falling back into the chair next to him as he tried to gather what just happened. Crying, Kim stood up, covering himself before running out of the movie, leaving a confused Gustav to try and work out what just happened. How could I do that! And why am I naked! Wasn't I wearing clothes before! Oh no.. As he reached the outside of the movie theatre the realism of his situation hit him. He was naked, with strangers around him and worst of all, he was outside. Violently he began shaking as he looked around to see people staring at him and talking about his naked body. "Stop looking at -" Before having a chance to finish his sentence, he fell to the ground in a panic attack, quickly passing out as a few brave strangers ran over to see if he was okay.

"Ugh." Kim groaned as he regained conciousness. Slowly the blurring environment cleared up to reveal his mother sitting next to his bed with a worried look on her face.

"Kim, are you okay? Polisen brought you home naked. What happened?" She asked, clearly worried about her son whom usually wouldn't leave his room unless completely covered in blankets and clothes.

"S-s-so t-t-that wasn't a d-d-d-ream?" he stuttered and his body began shaking from the memories of what had happened earlier that day.

What if I have a criminal record now for being naked in public! Shaking more he began crying as he asked his mother what they said. After she explained he got off with a warning, he calmed down a little before beginning to cry again. The tears were rolling down his face as he tried to explain to his mother what happened, and that their was a possibility that he was an Atlantean. His crying got worse as he realised that his safe life inside his room my forever be over.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Red, welcome aboard! You have been accepted!

@CarefulWetPaint, While I adore the hilarity and imagination, her 'magical powers' could become very broad and rather OP as well as the fact that "magic" and "supernatural abilities" are pretty much synonymous. I would say stay away from magic, but if you wish to continue with the "magical girl" idea, you could make the abilities less broad.

Alright kiddies, now that we have six people, we'll start the RP in a couple of days. Fear not, for the Sign-Ups will still be open and you will still be able to join.

D:
Why you do this to me, Ichiro?! Reviving this now, after I decide I only want to be in one roleplay because I'm stupid like that. How inconsiderate of you!
xD Lol
. . . I love how the new theme is Angels and Airwaves . . . did Skymin put you up to this? |3
Edit: I've been tricked! I forgot the original thread looked like that. . . . Just ignore me. >.>;

I don't know what to do now . . . I could . . . but . . . um . . . ASDFGHHJKL:
Edit: I'd join, but I feel like I'd . . . suck. >.>;

Dude, you should join us. It's not all about massive SU's, we're open to people with varying degrees of writing abilities.

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I made some revisions to Natalie's powers so that it follows a more unified theme. I also added a small few details at the end that I forgot to add last time regarding her power's effects on herself. Let me know if any other changes are needed.

I'll do her history and sample in the near future. I want to get a post up in the journey RP I'm in and do some essay edits of mine and submit it before it's due this week.

Years
  • Seen today
this sounds interesting. may I join?

Name: Ammaron Arkintosh
Alias: The Avenger
Height: 5ft 9in
Weight: 170 lbs

Appearance:
Atlantean tatoo (mark): the mark appeared on his chest in the shape of a wolf's head howling at the moon.
Physical appearance: has a long V shape torso. Arms that are decent in length (about 5'10" long). His legs are rather long, giving him most of his height. He is in shape and has a medium build, and an ocean like wavy, but clean cut brown hair. His is mostly clean shaven.
Clothing: he wears mostly casual style clothing. Blue pants, blue, green, grey, or black Shirts.j a Black light jacket with interior pockets and a left sleeve pocket. he rarely wears any sort of hat.

Personality: Mostly calm, he prefers to spend most of his time in the water. He has a natural love for the water, like it's a second home to him. He has a tendency to be a bit of a hot head, causing him to anger quickly. he enjoys competition and will take up basically any challenge offered.

He is thoughtful, logical, and a semi-quick thinker. He has a mechanical mindset that also works well with tactics. he is quick to understand technology. He has a high metabolism granted from his years of competitive swimming.He is observant and may be found looking at something, coming up with an idea on how to use it before acting. He prefers to use older fashioned technology that is reliable, rather than the new "junk" as he calls it.

History: at a young age he had some temper-mental issues. Thus during his young age he went through anger management. At eleven he started competitive swimming. Swimming gave him a way to channel his aggression. He swam for five years, and became quite attached to the water.

During one year of schooling, he discovered he was rather agile, and that even on land he was quick, quick enough to be a game changer in friendly competitions. in his school years he was rather reserved, not very easy to read, and that was just how he liked it. most people wouldn't cause any problems for him, and those that did try to cause problems, often quickly understood, why you don't cause problems for him.

He slowly became able to give good advice to others. his advice was sound and would often satisfy both sides of the argument, people respected him for that, and respected him for who he was, not because he would terrorize others.

During his High school years he was in three plays and developed a love for the art of acting. He always thought, there was something odd about his family, and that was proved true when he took a trip to the San Juan Islands, with his father, and entered a secret sanctuary on one of the islands. Since then he has always worked and trained hard to have control over his anger.

Ability:
Bestial Aggression (AKA Beast Mode): this ability, greatly increases his strength, agility. this typically comes out in competition, but also may come out as a sort of "beast mode" as others would call it. the power requires tons of energy to use, so it is often, when deactivated, leaving him completely drained or unconscious. The ability quite mindless, so it causes him to without much thought, damage, objects nearby or harm himself and others, all of it not on purpose. The power has heightened his metabolism, for his new food intake, causing him to never long be full when he's eating. so he is almost always snacking on something. The strength granted by this ability has come in handy when helping others, and the agility has helped him avoid obstetrical, and getting hurt. the power is never fully inactive, always semi-active. It becomes more active over time as he gets more aggressive or agitated.

Writing Sample: Ammoron woke up after having the strangest dream the previous night. although he couldn't remember much of it, it seemed real. He found himself remarkably hungry, starved to say the least, so he got up, still in his pajamas, and went down to have breakfast. his parents were up and looking at the TV screen, probably the news. Ammoron's family lived in a remote shadow of Human society where the average person couldn't tell an Atlantean apart from a Human thus provided them a minor amount of safety. he had breakfast, which had quickly become a bowl of oatmeal, two corndogs, a hash brown, and a piece of jellied toast. After he finished his abnormally large breakfast. he went up to his room got some cloths and prepared to take a shower. he started taking off his T-shirt, and that's when he saw it, a mark almost that of a burn mark on his chest, he looked in the mirror and saw that it looked like a wolf howling at the moon. his hand instinctively moved to the wolf's eye. then his head felt a huge spike of pain as memories flooded his mind. memories of seeing the crystal, the burn mark, a stab in his leg (which he still wore the bandage for) and an Atlantean Guard Skewered with his own spear, the same one that stabbed Ammoron's leg. after the flood of memories ended, he decided to himself that he needs to learn to control this new ability, the strength and agility were increadable, if he could teach himself control over this he could avenge injustices done to Atlanteans, He Quickly took his shower, and decided to be called "Avenger". He got dressed in his cloths, and went out to a nearby Atlantean market.

A few weeks had passed and Ammoron has learned to control a certain amount of the ability but not all of it. Although he continued acting as a protector of Atlanteans, which as it seemed made less humans want to cause the market's problems, the store owners even were willing to pay him some money for keeping the market's safe. Some of the stores had even pulled together to make a sort of uniform for him, A T-Shirt that had his Atlantean symbol on it. a hardened leather black jacket, with a variety of hidden pockets, a crude mean looking dagger, made out of an unknown alloy that was stronger than steel, and multi-cross-X-stitched pants, to protect against stabs. the jacket's leather was of similar fashion, made out of layers of leather strips, then hardened to protect against most stabs. Ammoron patrolled the market, waving and generally being of good nature. Then his ears caught a yell, he rushed through the market, and when he got there he found a man in full black, wearing a black ski mask, and holding a sort of sword in his other hand. he waved it around menacingly, threatening to kill a merchant woman who was behind the counter dazed, and with a large bump on her head,probably from getting hit with the hilt of the sword. Ammoron slowly moved around the room he got to a point and yelled out, "HEY, Drop the sword." the criminal looked around for a moment "who said that?" he asked in an angry tone, "SHOW YOURSELF." By that time Ammoron was already behind him, "I'm right here." he said. the man swung his sword at Ammoron who, used a tad of his ability to dodge the blade, and draw his dagger from it's hidden pocket. The man swung at him again, Ammoron, stopped the blade with his dagger. Ammoron then in one fluid motion kicked the man and dropped him onto his back, forcing him to let go of his sword. Ammoron stepped on the sword so the strange man wouldn't be able to pick it up. the man struggled to his knees, looked up at Ammoron and Said, "you have made powerful enemies this day Atlantean." with that the man ran off out of site. (more to come)

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Dude, you should join us. It's not all about massive SU's, we're open to people with varying degrees of writing abilities.

asdfghjkl;
It's not necessarily my writing ability that I'm worried about. I'm actually rather confident in that aspect, lol.

But I do rather wish to join, lol. I've been thinking it over . . . well, not really, but I have thought about it. I'd have to give my SU for Atlantis Arising an overhaul, but . . . uh . . . yeah, lol.
I'm sure I can be more active than the first time when I only made . . . one post . . . and stuff. xD

Okaaaaaaaay. Reserve me, and I'll work on my sign-up today. I don't have many episodes left of Being Human Season 2, so I'll need something to do. >.>;

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Okaaaaaaaay. Reserve me, and I'll work on my sign-up today. I don't have many episodes left of Being Human Season 2, so I'll need something to do. >.>;

Oh dear. Another Being Human fan. You are guaranteed to be accepted now.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Oh dear. Another Being Human fan. You are guaranteed to be accepted now.

xD
I'm pretty sure Skymin is the only reason I realized the show even existed. That was a while ago, though, lol.

Aaaaand I just spent, like, over an hour trying to make fancy CSS my sign-up, because I felt like experimenting.
And then I realized it looked horrible and now I'm scrapping it all. >.>;

Okay. Sign-Up . . . hasn't even really been started, considering what I just said, lol.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Name
Natalie "Nat" Skoleya​
Alias
Arbiter​
[/FONT]

Okay, power looks a lot nicer now, I am assuming that for the present time she can only turn small parts of her body into this substance. Just remove the ability to amplify the power of weapons and everything looks great!

this sounds interesting. may I join?

Name: Ammaron Arkintosh
Alias: Dragonheart

Ability:
Dragon blood: his blood always runs hot, when he is angered/enraged his blood boils, giving him the strength and endurance of a dragon. When active he enters a mode of blind beast Rage, causing him to have little or no thought about his actions. thus potentially causing him to harm his friends. when in this "beast mode" is active he becomes a virtually unstoppable force. The Dragon blood however is likely to knock him out if he is in the mode for too long. this ability is rarely known, and often has different affects on others with dragon blood, such as the type of dragon blood they have, (water, forest, mountain, ect.) each depends on what they did when they were younger before their powers were unlocked.The dragon blood also causes him to be consistantly hungry, to where he often feels like he has to eat almost all the time. When he returns to consciousnesses he is often feeling starved because of the amount of energy the blood used up.

Of course you can join. If you can, maybe put a little more into your Sign Up? Making paragraphs longer and bigger, also expanding on his history. About your ability, it seems that you have adapted this from another source, which is good, but in Atlantis, dragons are as much a myth as they are in RL and as such not really a part of this RP. If you could change it, perhaps to something like rage-fueled aggression that allows him to have increased strength and reflexes would be fine, but a "virtually unstoppable force" is a no.

xD
I'm pretty sure Skymin is the only reason I realized the show even existed. That was a while ago, though, lol.

Aaaaand I just spent, like, over an hour trying to make fancy CSS my sign-up, because I felt like experimenting.
And then I realized it looked horrible and now I'm scrapping it all. >.>;

Okay. Sign-Up . . . hasn't even really been started, considering what I just said, lol.

Just start the SU already.

Last edited:

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Forgive the bad spelling, this is a rough completed version, I will edit when I have time. I just have a busy few days ahead of me, but didn't want people to think I wasn't interested. So i made this mock up today. hope the power is ok and like i said this is a very rushed rough copy :P will edit soon to sort out spelling and such like :)

Main Information:

Name: Charlotte (Charlie) Hunter

Alias: Althia

Height: 5'2

Weight: 8st

Appearance:

Chestnut, curly hair frames an oval face with cheeks which are often warmed with laughter. Her lips are pale and softly shaped with a matching gentle smile. Her pale green are almond shaped and crease slightly when she laughs, their pleasant gaze is finished in a frame of long dark lashes. Her nose is small and pointed with high cheek bones, giving the girl a slight pixyish look, completed with a few dark freckles which dot her cheeks in a pleasant manor, still refusing to fade with age.

She has a small scar on her forehead but that is often hidden by her side swept fringe which is usually pinned to the side with a small pearl decorated clip. She rarely wears make-up, so the cream complexion is all natural and induced by the sheer amount of time she spends in the water.
The only other notable point with Charlie when you begin to study her more closely would be the small dimple at the bottom of her lower lip which dips into the soft flesh a little. It's small and hard to notice, but it gives her a unique heartshaped lip to add to her outside girl charm.

Atlantean Tattoo: Upper, outer right thigh. Two tribal snake forms twist around one another, surrounded by enclosed feathered wings, almost copying the caduceus.

Physical:

Charlie is both small and thin, only coming up to most guys' chest in her year at 5'2. Slender she might be, this does not mean she is weak. Her arms and legs are long and finely toned with sleek muscles hidden under pale stretches of lily white skin, which pack quite a punch when she needs them too.

Both her hands and feet are petit, only adding to the pixy look she's got going for her, with long slender fingers, agile and frail at first glances. This delicate persuade however, once again only hides the fact that Charlie is no lady by any standards.

Charlie's over all body shape is often seen as pear but she rarely complains about this matter, trying not to give too much attention to the way not bothering to think about how guys in general look at her. Though despite this stubbornness, there has always been a silent wish, deep down to have the classic heart stopping hour glass body, which has led to silent loathing of her family genetics on the women's side.

Clothing:

Charlie is usually found in a mixture of boohoo and grunge styles. Continuously relaying on her favourite jeans for almost every occasion she comes across. Usually, Charlie will avoid skirts and dresses like the plague, but with consistent enough nagging she will submit to certain styles of dress of skirt when it is of the absolute importance, like balls or other formal occasions.
Shoe wise Charlie has a sercret love for all sorts of boots, though her overall favourite are a simple black slouch felt pair. Her true love in the shoe world however are her converses, which a normal black style. They go with everything however and Charlie swears by them. Though over the years they have seen better days, not tattered and more grey than black.
Charlie owns one knitted body warmer which she tends to wear whenever she is back at home or on slouch days working in the garden. It is long enough to come down to her hips and is finished with a rather large hood all in a heather grey colour. The whole thing is outlined in nettle green wool, while the hood's insides are lined with a pale sky-blue fleece. As far as T-shirts go, they are ususally long sleeved and all are pulled down to her hips, where they ruches in a stylish but still grundy look, finished with a pair of fingerless gloves which are stripped in purples and blues.
When she is back at home and out of the public eye, she has a thin clothed pair of track suit bottoms she wears, with a tight fitting t-shirt for comfort and a couple of rather large baggy, zip up hoodies.
As jewellery goes she wears a silver angel caller (a bell) chocker she rarely takes off. The bell delicately decorated and hands from the velvet strap which clutches her neck in a simple but striking manner, the dark colour of the strap standing out against the girl's pearl coloured skin. It had been a present from her mother when she was 16, and since the first moment she heard the shy chime of the bell, she fell in love with the piece. She's not taken it off since, even when in the shower.

Personality:

Charlie has a rather sarcastic character with a wicked grin and sense of humour to match. With a never ending propensity to find herself in all sorts of friendly troubles, often coming from one of her jokes, Charlie has learnt to hold her tongue, though this self taught technique doesn't always hold true.
As far as a bad attitude goes, she's got a little bit of a temper and hates being told that she's wrong. When this does happen, she often puffs up her chest and either screams or simply storms out, giving the person whom annoyed her the cold shoulder for weeks to come afterwards.

Ever persistent when she wants something, she is not the type to be told no. When this does inevitably happen, it always ends the same way. Charlie will stalk, complain, annoy, be abnormally nice or just plain rude to the said person until she gets what she has asked for, usually preferring to use her charm and kindness rather than vindictive traits to lull her target into a false sense of security. This working on almost everyone bar her parents, but that's just life.

She has a softer side though and often goes out of her way to help out the people she calls friend. She is rather straight forward with her ideas and opinions when people ask, and is the type of girl whom wouldn't talk about you behind your back, preferring to tell you up front what she thinks and why. However she rarely finds many people that annoying and usually keeps to herself, seeming shy to those who don't bother to try and dig under the shy, quiet front she puts up.

Loyal as they come and rather stubborn, she will fight for what she thinks it right and is more likely to jump into a situation without thinking and suffer the consequences of such actions. However, this has worked out for her on many occasions and is a good characteristic to have when doing art and music. Well she finds this anyway.

The weakness to her personality is that she is easily insulted and has the tendency to jump to conclusions. This coupled with her prideful insistence in never being wrong has made her lose many a possible friends in the past and by the time she sucks her pride back in, it's often too late and the person she has upset will refuse to accept her apologises.

History:

Charlie was a normal dark haired girl, whom had a passion for swimming, art and music. She never really stood out in her class, getting mediocre grades throughout school, bar in music and creative writing and had a few boyfriends scattered here and there, though nothing in that area of her life lasted more than 3 months. She grew up in Largs, a little coastal town up in the North-West of Scotland while her father had work in Glasgow.

She liked it there, every morning waking up to the chorus of screams belonging to happy children and the screeches of scavenging seagulls, which warmed her ears as much as the summer sun which beat down on the oceans glassy surface. She would go walking up in the hills which surrounded the small town, exploring all the wilderness had to offer.

In the summer, set back into a little cove near the towns back, lay a path which when taken lead to a series of small, cool pooled waterfalls. Here each evening, since Charlie was 6, she would go and swim with her friends. Taking daring dives with wild whoops of joy, as they plummeted from the upper most rocks to the chilly water below.

It became like a ritual to her friends and was carried out each night when the weather was warm, until Charlie's 15th birthday came and went. On the night before Christmas, her father was laid off work and without any luck on finding jobs within the local area the decision to move down south was made.

They left Largs the following month.

It was here, when they built their new home in the grey setting of Manchester. The happy yelps and screeches of children and birds being replaced with the never ending beat of hundreds of feet, chitter chatter and street music replacing her favourite lullaby. The screams of tram breaks took awhile to get use to as well, up in the flat which they leased.

But after awhile, though the city life was far from what Charlie was used to, she did what anyone would and adapted. It took some time though, going through a stage in school where she was bullied quiet harshly, while the teachers did nothing but watch from the side lines. Even to the present day, though things did get better, Charlie still carries the mental scars which that sort of treatment induces. Leading her to her often avoiding crowded places as well as refuse to leave her house if she wasn't wearing something she was comfortable in. This was also what lead to her shy outer appearance she puts on to people she doesn't really know. Too afraid to put her heart on her sleeve and show people who she really is until they know each other a little better.

Despite this though, Charlie soon found herself in college and on an art course which she loved, making a few extra pennies in her free time giving flute and swimming lessons. She made a couple of good friends, one called Mia, who constantly followed her round like a lost puppy dog with big, sad, brown eyes. While another was a guy named Mark. Charming and witty he was her first long term crush but never acted on it, even though he asked repeatedly, afraid she will lose a good friend. After a while however, her feelings faded a little and the dating situation turned to a commonly used joke which Mark would tease her about every now and again. The two meet almost every other night in their favourite café, in which they simple chat and chill, doing nothing with their evening.

The most exciting thing which ever happened to this young woman was her managing to fall from the waterfall in Scotland and dive into a rather rocky part of the pool, resulting in some rather ugly scars which crisscross her calves. She survived, though she lost a lot of blood and couldn't really use her legs for almost a month. Something which she regarded as a fate worse than death as it meant she couldn't go swimming for that amount of time too.

A few days before the unveiling happened, Charlie had travelled up to Scotland again to celebrate one of her cousin's birthdays. It had been a good night out and Charlie had met some nice guys whom all wanted her number, though she didn't exactly get why. When she started back home the next evening, head sore and arms and legs weighted down with lack of sleep and good food, she realised that for the first time ever, she wanted to go back down south, back to Manchester. That for the first time, she wasn't home sick for Scotland but in fact the complete opposite.

When she arrived, the train pulling into Piccadilly station with one final, defiant lurch, she traipsed home to her family's apartment and fell onto her bed and into a deep sleep. She had lessons to carry out the following day and deadline she had to meet but at that moment in time, she couldn't care less. Her pillow meeting her head in a warm welcoming embrace. The following day changed her life and after that she found herself on a plane and flying towards the royals for some sort of answer.

Ability:

Accelerated healing:
Charlie's ability allows her body to heal faster than that of a normal human being. Cutting down the healing processes time to about 1 quarter of the time of what it was. But with this also comes another trait, Charlie has the ability to absorb injuries from her patients and onto herself. Thus curing them and allowing her to deal with the wound, her accelerated healing allowing her to carry out the majority of these actions without fear.
This does not mean she is unable to die however. If she were to be shot in the heart, or brain, she would unfortunately die a rather sudden death. Her abilities are quick but not quick enough to stop a wound such as that from killing her. She is just as mortal as the rest.
Not only this, Charlie must be strict with how many wounds she can take on. Too much and her body will crimple under the stress of blood loss and organ failure. One paper cut from two people isn't something she would have to worry about, but multiple deep lacerations from two people is another story.
The ability to transfer wounds back came with experimentation, after Charlie recently almost killed herself, taking on a wound which was too great for her to handle.
As well as this, with time and practice, Charlie can also manipulate the pain of injuries which are too great for her to absorb without risking her own life. By doing this, she allows her patients' last moments to be pain free and clear, allowing goodbyes to be said and final words to be spoken. But again this comes with a price. The pain cannot disappear and instead simply runs to her, but only as long as she maintains contact.
Lastly, though her power puts almost instantly places Charlie in the side lines of battle, she does have one last trick which she can use to fight back, but again the price is heavy and rather dangerous to pay and often results in collapse.
With extensive effort Charlie can take the pain of someone else, even herself, and harbour it then on contact with her chosen victim she can push that pain into them. Though this is incredibly useful, while she is harbouring she can no longer heal herself or others and is always acutely aware of the pain she is storing.
The last key point here for her power, is this- she must be able to touch the thing she is healing.If she cannot touch the person, she cannot heal him or her.

Writing Sample:

Charlie had pulled herself out of bed that morning with Hair a complete mess and her breath not exactly amazing either. A night out and then a day traveling could do that to you. Pulling herself out of bed with an unsteady lurch, she wandered into the bathroom and locked the door behind her. Starting her day with a half an hour shower, she then brushed her teeth and let her hair drip dry. She was too tired to care and she had places to be.
Pulling on a random top and her favourite body warmer, she then rummaged through her bag to find her perfect black jeans. If anything could make this day slightly better, it would be them. Tugging them on, she then hunted for a pair of socks. But when this failed she settled for one bright red sock and one banana print as they were just socks and no one was gonna see that were they?

On top she then pulled on her leg warmers before slotting on her boots and grabbing her everyday bag from the end of her bed. Here she shoved her sketch book in, with a handful of pencils and her purse before then heading out to meet the day.

Yet despite her terrible start, the day wasn't all too bad and after 6 hours in which she spent teaching one kid how to loosely play scarborough fair and barely getting her work in on time to meet her deadline. Charlie found herself on a comfy leather stool in her favourite coffee shop, with a large mug cradled between her hand, The aromatic smell of coffee simmering up from warm liquid which lay inside.

Mark one of her closer friends, was sat next to her. Lounging and ruffling his hair in a way which made several teenage girls sat a few tables down, snigger childishly and whisper amongst themselves, blushing profusely.
Mark grinned, flashing his perfect teeth in their direction, before offering a casual wave and winking which resulted in a tiny squeak of joy from one of the girls and then more laughter. Charlie at this sighed out of mixture of boredom and judgement, which caused Mark to grin even more.

"Jealous?" he jested, wheeling around in his chair to face his friend with a wicked grin.
"How ever did you know?" Charlie muttered, shooting her friend a distantful glance before flickering her eyes back towards the Tv screen above the counter, a couple of news stories scrolling across it's screen.
Mark at this, pouted a little before shrugging and picking up his cup, taking a long sip and covering his upper lip with white foam, before he shot a glance at the girls behind Charlie again and licked it off, wriggling his eyebrows at the same time.

Again the sound of girlish giggles almost made Charlie shiver in her own skin, and freeing one hand from her warm mug, she jabbed Mark in the arm quickly without even looking. Mark almost dropped his drink at this and let out a surprised yelp which caused the girls to laugh again, though this time less out of crushing and more mocking.
"Now that's what I like to hear." Charlie finally smiled, shooting a glance at her friend whom now sat with his bottom lip stuck out like a child who had just dropped their ice cream on the floor.

"You always have to show me up don't you?" he complained, hunching forward onto their table with a defeated grunt. "I could have got one of their phone numbers if it wasn't for you, ya know? I mean jeez, Charlie, you don't have be so protective, if you want a date just ask." This last bit made his features smirk though and the sulking child look was gone as fast as it had appeared.

Charlie ignored this comment though and shrugged. "Most of those girls are still in high school Mark, don't be gross." She replied, before nodding to the TV screen which was now flashing. "Check it out. Important news flash" she said. Putting her cup down on the table with a soft click.

That was when everything in Charlie's life changed. That moment when a hush fell over the shop in one wave and person behind the counter moved to turn up the volume.
On the screen stood a family and the only way Charlie could describe them was, odd. They were stood on screen and when they announced that they were some sort of royal family or something, quiet murmuring broke out over the café. It was then that they raised a crystal up and it began to glow, so bright that the TV screen simply turned white and by some freak accident, it was then that the TV screen blew.
This loud bang, made quite few people scream and jump from their chairs and in amongst them was mark. He jumped back off his stool and dropped the floor, his cup smashing down next to him and cutting his hand quite severely.

Swearing loudly, Charlie moved to help. Jumping from her sheet, she knelt down next to her friend and moving to grab his hand while trying to avoid the broken shards as best she could. At first mark fought her off, whimpering about it being painful and not to touch it. But in the end Charlie won and grabbed his hand off him, calling him a baby.
"I just want to see if it's OK!" she said sternly, pulling his hand away from him and into her own. It was then, the moment her hand touched his blood, that warm, burning sensation flared into being. Snaking it's way across her own palm as sudden as lightening. Yelping, Charlie dropped Mark's hand and pulled her own back against herself. Her eyes watering from a mixture of shock and pain.

"what the.." Mark began, though at first Charlie didn't pay much attention. It was only when she realised that for once, mark wasn't talking, that she looked up to see her friend staring at her as if she was some kind of freak.
"what?" she snapped, glaring at him."I was only trying to help for pity sake." But then the boy simply shook his head and then held up his injured hand.

The stains of blood were still there, coating his skin a crimson sheen, but the deep laceration was gone. There wasn't even a scar.
"how…" she began, but she was cut off, as mark pointed to her hand which she cradled against her chest like a child. Slowly, timidly, the dark haired girl looked down. Across her chest, a blood bloom spread across the light coloured fabric. Pulling her hand away, she then uncurled her fingers.
A gasp slipped over her lips before she could stop it. The air quite literally behind stolen from her lungs as she eyes fell on the long jagged cut which oozed blood across her palm.
"but…how?" she almost whimpered as fear set in. she didn't understand. She hadn't cut herself, this was mark's wound, not her own. Looking up, she then realised that most of the shop's eyes were on her, all of them gaping like fish.

"I…um." She started, quickly looking back at mark, eyes now watering even more. "what's going on?"
At this, her companion simply shook his head. "Charl…what..how did you do that?" but before he could finish a cup smashed against the table just above Charlie's head and suddenly a voice screamed.

"FREAK!". The sound of breaking glass almost sounded like a gun shot in the silence, and when the voice followed, it was then that instincts from high school kicked in. Getting up and grabbing her bag, Charlie bolted from the shop without another word. Her hand still trickling blood behind her as she ran for it.

Whatever was going on, she needed to​
get back home and she needed google.

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Name: Charlotte (Charlie) Hunter
Alias: Althia

Okay, I understand the rough draft, so No problem about you leaving it to edit later. I like her power, Accelerated Healing is definitely something that people can make OP rather easily, so I enjoyed it's current state. Good Work. Charlotte sounds like an awesome character, so I'm going to Accept you, but make sure you tidy up your SU! Also just a note: beware of starting dialogue, I noticed a few times you started dialogue with lowercase letters.

Edit: Also, just a note, Atlantean Tattoos are entirely black, no colouring.

@CarefulWetPaint: Your SU is looking better, your ability is fine as is too. Keep up the good work!

@Everyone: I've finally managed to get a flat, so this next week will be slightly busy with moving and starting uni again, so the first post is going to be delayed unless, Skymin, you want to kick it off for us? Either way, I'll get internet hopefully by this weekend or resign to using the university's internet.

Last edited:

Lokiepie

ooh...Cake!
Years
Yeah it I know the caps and so on are a bit off but will edit soon though I am glad you liked the power.

Gonna edit that section however, to clear up the rate of healing with an example of some sort. So a cut which would take 3 weeks to heal on a normal person would take about a week for Charlie to sort out.

Again the grammar and spelling will be fixed soon (I blame exams) :)

Thanks for accepting! :D

Years
  • Seen today
Of course you can join. If you can, maybe put a little more into your Sign Up? Making paragraphs longer and bigger, also expanding on his history. About your ability, it seems that you have adapted this from another source, which is good, but in Atlantis, dragons are as much a myth as they are in RL and as such not really a part of this RP. If you could change it, perhaps to something like rage-fueled aggression that allows him to have increased strength and reflexes would be fine, but a "virtually unstoppable force" is a no.

Fixed what you mentioned, I will work on a writing sample, and I added some more to my history.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I'll be resigning from this RP.

I can't seem to create a viable character concept for the RP and I want to allow more time for me to work on some RL projects of mine.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Everyone: I've finally managed to get a flat, so this next week will be slightly busy with moving and starting uni again, so the first post is going to be delayed unless, Skymin, you want to kick it off for us? Either way, I'll get internet hopefully by this weekend or resign to using the university's internet.
If everyone is okay with it, I would be happy to kick off a first post.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Okay guys and girls, IC thread is up and first post, posted. Due to the explosion in Berlin, ALL Atlanteans have been called to register themselves and their abilities at their nearest Atlantean Centre in the Capital of their respective countries.

Your post should include seeing/hearing about the report and heading to the nearest Atlantean Centres and registering. We'll take you from there.

Back