• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Mahogany Version

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
DEAD
\DEAD/

Introduction:
Hey fellers and...well there aren't any chicks on here, is there? :P Anyways, not gonna say much. It's a hack, and it's mine. Yeah...

Basic Info:
\\ Hack Name // Language // Base ROM \\

Story:
Okay, this is gonna be simple and straight to the point. It might sound a little cliche, but you can deal, amirite? You begin in the quaint town of Jardnia. You're excited, as today is your fifteenth birthday, the day you get your Pokémon! Sadly enough, your mother has fallen ill, aand you must stay home on this wonderous day. Luckily, Professor Larch has given your neighbor a Pokémon for you, and thus begins your Pokémon journey. Collect Gym badges to gain access to the famed Time Machine grounds in Hevaron City, to ultimatly become a Pokémon Master! Along the way foil the evil plots of the wicked Team Snagga, and discover the legend of the famed Hermit, and his quest to find Celebi, the region's guardian. Yep. very cliche I know, but I want a traditional Pokémon themed hack.

Features:

→Lush new region of Hermia Clicky
→Many different climates to explore
→All new maps
→Many new tiles
→Breathtaking events
→Amazing new textbox and battle boxes
→Innovating new field moves(eg. Flamethrower, Rock Throw, Headbutt)

Quick Links:
Move changes
Valencia Pass
New Pokemon #1
New Pokemon #2
New Pokemon #3
New Pokemon #4
TMs
Cerno Town screens
Prof. Larch script
Optional Graphics

Media:

Screenies

Jardnia.png
Sleep.png
Valencia1.png
Sudiking.png
Himagos.png
TM12.png

Vids

N/A

Team:
Me - Everything

Credits:
Kyledove, Speed, Alistair, Newtiteuf, Rhevarhe_Duh, Zein, Wesley FG - Tiles and palettes
Adam, Jake1, Jake3, Harry, Mike - General help and support
Everyone that's made a tool or tutorial
Wichu - De-cap patch, Platinum Sprites
Deigoisawesome - DP text patch
Samson - Ahmazin Fakemon

Bugs/Glitches/Oddities:
Bad Minor Resolved

N/A

Support:
MahoganyUserbar.png

Code:
["url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195137"][IMG]"http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/MahoganyUserbar.png"[/IMG][/url]

Release Progress:
DEAD
Pre-Alpha - Released
Pre-Beta Progress
DEAD
DEAD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Jesse is back in action! :D

The story is very good, but as you said, cliche. But I don't blame you for wanting to be traditional. I actually like the slight twist where your mother has fallen ill on the day you get your Pokémon.

I love the screen shots. The tiles and palettes are beautiful, and the first map seems great from what I can see on the one screen shot. And Sudowoodo as a starter? Never seen that before, but nice job!

Good luck, buddeh~

Curged

Queen FTW!!!
Years
Heja, Nice story, I love the normal pokemon theme so thats great.
I like sudowoodo as starter is even greater :)
But are you going to retype his base stats so that it can actually be a good starter?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I think Jesse will fix his base stats and EXP. Points to make it similar to that of a starter's.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Cool! Jesse's hack! :D

Everything's looking good. I like the story.
Are you thinking about changing the indoors by any chance? Seems like it would be a good choice to make those nice outdoor tiles link to some nice indoor tiles as well. :)

Can't wait to see more.

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hey, Jesse everything looks quite sound at the moment. Good luck with this, remember if you want some scripting or mapping or something just ask. I'm actually free at the moment. Either way, you're mapping is rather excellent as always. Some flaws here and there, but you know nothing is perfect. The tiles are pretty nice, can do better I suppose. But, I think I've fallen in love with these palettes. They are so soft and wonderful! I know you're not the best scripter, but I don't really see anything of note at the moment. I think you're most complicated script is "Give Pokémon" script. That is something I could whip up in five minutes, so that definitely needs some improvement. Once again, here if you need me :P

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Jesse is back in action! :D

The story is very good, but as you said, cliche. But I don't blame you for wanting to be traditional. I actually like the slight twist where your mother has fallen ill on the day you get your Pokémon.

I love the screen shots. The tiles and palettes are beautiful, and the first map seems great from what I can see on the one screen shot. And Sudowoodo as a starter? Never seen that before, but nice job!

Good luck, buddeh~
Yeah, thanks Mike. Idk, I'm really thinking of inserting Bonsly, because I'm not too sure how Sudowoodo would be later in the game if I lowered his stats to fit a starters. Give yah opinions peepz.

This looks great..the storyline is interesting..Sudowoodo a starter...xD..cool..
anyway,want to see this in progress till the end..good luck with this dude..xD
Yeah, Sudowoodo. :D

Heja, Nice story, I love the normal pokemon theme so thats great.
I like sudowoodo as starter is even greater :)
But are you going to retype his base stats so that it can actually be a good starter?
Thanks. Yeah, discussed up there^

Cool! Jesse's hack! :D

Everything's looking good. I like the story.
Are you thinking about changing the indoors by any chance? Seems like it would be a good choice to make those nice outdoor tiles link to some nice indoor tiles as well. :)

Can't wait to see more.
Idk if I am or not. I hate inserting indoor tiles, they give me trouble for some reason. I can insert outdoor tiles all day long, but indoor ones suck xD.

Hey, Jesse everything looks quite sound at the moment. Good luck with this, remember if you want some scripting or mapping or something just ask. I'm actually free at the moment. Either way, you're mapping is rather excellent as always. Some flaws here and there, but you know nothing is perfect. The tiles are pretty nice, can do better I suppose. But, I think I've fallen in love with these palettes. They are so soft and wonderful! I know you're not the best scripter, but I don't really see anything of note at the moment. I think you're most complicated script is "Give Pokémon" script. That is something I could whip up in five minutes, so that definitely needs some improvement. Once again, here if you need me :P
I would prefer to do everything on this hack by myself, unless I just simply cant do it. The script is like a gay ass chain one, so it gave me a few troubles, you know, because I'm so rusty(I was never amazing at scripting in the first place xD). What do you mean "improve" the givepokemon script? It's how I want it. Remember these are only screenshots, so there's a lot more going on than you can see(not too much but...xD);)

---

K gaiz, thanks for the comments and whatnot. I'm not sure if I just want to alter the stats of Sudo, or insert Bonsly. Help me decide, would you? Also, I forgot to give credit to deigoisawesome for his DP text patch, and Wichu for his decap patch, so I'll edit them into the credits. Haven't done any work on it past what is in the screenies, cuz I had to clean the house today(I woke up real late on top of that xD), but I plan to map Valencia Pass(Route 1) today. Might script some tomoz, and then release the Pre-Alpha sometime next week, so stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
One problem with the storyline - if your mother is so ill that you have to stay home, why take off on a journey?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
[QUOTE='Jesse[TB Pro]
Idk if I am or not. I hate inserting indoor tiles, they give me trouble for some reason. I can insert outdoor tiles all day long, but indoor ones suck xD.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel. It took every ounce of energy I had in order to start inserting the indoor tiles for crossroads.
I think it's because the appliances take up so many palettes... either that or... I dunno. xD

But regardless, it's still looking pretty awesome. I can't wait to see more.
Lemme know the second you get some banners and I'll be sure to stick one in my sig!

For the sudowoodo thing; That's a tough one. I think I would like starting out with a Bonsly.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
One problem with the storyline - if your mother is so ill that you have to stay home, why take off on a journey?
Aha, good thought. I didn't realize that, but lets just say she gets all healed up :P

I know exactly how you feel. It took every ounce of energy I had in order to start inserting the indoor tiles for crossroads.
I think it's because the appliances take up so many palettes... either that or... I dunno. xD

But regardless, it's still looking pretty awesome. I can't wait to see more.
Lemme know the second you get some banners and I'll be sure to stick one in my sig!

For the sudowoodo thing; That's a tough one. I think I would like starting out with a Bonsly.
Yeah I hear ya on that. Thanks, and I just finished one :P Yeah, I think I might as well insert Bonsly.

MahoganyUserbar.png

Code:
["url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=195137"][IMG]"http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh290/Blazikendude/MahoganyUserbar.png"[/IMG][/url]

Edit: Added region map. Check the first post.

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
your hacks looking great, but wouldn't bonsley be the starter be bonsley?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
He said in much earlier quotes that he was thinking about implementing Bonsly into the game.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
your hacks looking great, but wouldn't bonsley be the starter be bonsley?
Already done.

He said in much earlier quotes that he was thinking about implementing Bonsly into the game.
Yep I inserted him, and changed his stats.

---

Updates
Alrighty, It's update time. I haven't really done much, you know, important stuff-wise, but I have been working. I edited some moves, for the most part just altered the power or acc, but I did change some.

Name changes:
Spoiler:

Changed Moves:
Spoiler:

I also completely inserted Bonsly.
Spoiler:

---

Okay, I've been thinking of inserting some DP Pokemon, as well as some of Samson's fakemon, but I'm not sure. I want to know before I get too far into the hack so I don't have to edit much. So what do you guys think?

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Gah Jesse you're going into insane progress with Mahogany. I wish I could keep pace with you. xD
I'm so picky with my maps.

I cannot wait to play this. Best of luck!

I thoroughly enjoy the move names.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Hmm the screenshots look promising, and I like the idea of starting with Bonsly/Sudowoodo. Good Luck on continuing this hack.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
What excatly is cliche? Anyways, the scripts and maps looks good and promising so far. G'luck. And I think that this should go to Progressing Hacks, not Scrapbox from what I've seen.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Huh that's sure amount of new moves xD
Nice choosing of words :)
Keep it up and good luck
Yeah, I figured I'd change some moves that I thought were rubbish.

Gah Jesse you're going into insane progress with Mahogany. I wish I could keep pace with you. xD
I'm so picky with my maps.

I cannot wait to play this. Best of luck!

I thoroughly enjoy the move names.
Haha, yeah, I'm working on this more than I ever did on any of my other hacks. Well, you're in luck, because I'm really close to releasing.

Hmm the screenshots look promising, and I like the idea of starting with Bonsly/Sudowoodo. Good Luck on continuing this hack.
Yeah, thanks.

What excatly is cliche? Anyways, the scripts and maps looks good and promising so far. G'luck. And I think that this should go to Progressing Hacks, not Scrapbox from what I've seen.
Well, just look it up on google, because I'm not good with definitions. Nah, I don't think it's ready yet. Maybe when the Pre-Alpha is released.

---

Well guys, I have a fairly sound update for you. I finished scripting Valencia Pass, and mapped all of Cerno Town that you will see. I am ready for testers. I only need like 2 or 3. Hell, 1 would do, but I'll give more opportunities.

Valencia Pass:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Hey, Jesse. Love the changed moves. :D

Those are also some very nice screen shots.

Good luck, buddeh~

Back