• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Oh yeah, and Necrum, I'm not novachief37 anymore; I got a name change. So make sure to adjust that when you update again!

I should probably get into doing Y for Ground… I will after classes are done.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Okay, I lost my bag of games on my return trip from my family's house today. I had made 2 badges progress in my normal mono, and 3 badges progress in my fairy mono, but now none of that really matters, huh?

:( You left it at their house, or you lost it on the way? Sorry to hear that man.

The game ends at Red in Johto games, so you will have a chance to catch a second dark type. But you can't get the Eevee before the 3rd gym, so you are allowed to trade one in.

By trade in, do you mean Eevee or another dark type?

I haven't made any progress yet but I traded in a Houndour. Is that fair game?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
:( You left it at their house, or you lost it on the way? Sorry to hear that man.

By trade in, do you mean Eevee or another dark type?

I haven't made any progress yet but I traded in a Houndour. Is that fair game?
If you checked the rules you'd see that any Pokemon would work for the trade in as long as it's in your region's Pokedex, which Houndour is.

And I lost it somewhere along the trip. I had it and was playing most of the way.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
If you checked the rules you'd see that any Pokemon would work for the trade in as long as it's in your region's Pokedex, which Houndour is.

And I lost it somewhere along the trip. I had it and was playing most of the way.

I did check the rules, I was just clarifying what you meant (Eevee or Houndour).

And sucks buddy. You'll rally again.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Hey I'm back after a semi-long break. I'm picking up where I left off with soul silver in my poison challenge. After Xmas I plan to play X or Y (whichever I end up with) to continue my poison mono-type challenge. Right now in soul silver I am working on the light house and I'll be in gym 5 soon enough. I'll update more as I get to it. My current team is beedrill lv24 gasly lv24 Nidoran lv24 croagunk lv24(because of the birthday this thread had when I started soul silver) golbat lv24 and weepinbell lv24.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
I'm restarting my fighting monotype and instead starting an ultimate ground monotype. Also I'll soon be getting around to my psychic ultimate for Platinum.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
UPDATE FOR YA FOLKS:

-Grinded for some levels for Zuko and BlazieChan because they were relatively underleveled.
-Zuko evolved into monferno.
-Fought Lyra in the tunnel.
-Got stuck because i dont remember where i should go. Anyone playing HG/SS knows what to do after beating Lyra in the tunnel?

Update:

-Did the radio card quiz to unlock Whitney's gym and got in the gym.
-I caught a wild Vulpix on route 36 after beating Whitney, and i called her "Seraphina".
-I evolved Seraphina into Ninetales.
-Bought lots of TMs.
-Got to Ecruteak, Deafeated Morty (1st try!)
-Went on route 38.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Username: A Dyl To Remember
Type: Fighting
Challenge: Single
Game(s): Y

Mainly doing this as a reason to keep picking Chespin as starter on my Y so I can get Articuno! XD

UPDATE to my Challenge:

Started game, picked Chespin and named her Tank. Trained up a little before first gym, got a perfect 3 turn Viola fight. Caught a Scraggy on Route 5, named her Scribbles. Progressed through the story and then caught myself a Meditite in Connecting Cave, named him Wippy Dip. While on Route 7 I caught a Croagunk that I named Frogger. Ran up to Route 10 and trained a little, catching myself a Hawlucha, that I named Nacho, while doing so. Beat the second gym and now i'm training up a little more at the Battle Chateau.

Current team:

Frogger - Naughty - Level 30
Wippy Dip - Adamant - Level 30
Nacho - Jolly - Level 31
Scribbles - Serious - Level 31
Tank - Naughty - Level 33

Oh yeah.. All of these Pokemon except Tank were caught as first encounters. I did not catch multiple times for these natures XD

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Updated through post #2672

Well, the good news is I still have some of my challenges backed up as save files, so I didn't lose everything. They did get pushed back a couple of badges, but at least I have them.

I've never done a challenge before, I'd like to take this on!

Name: LoudSilence
Type: Dark
Challenge: Ultimate
Games:Gold/Firered/Ruby/Diamond/Black/Black2/X

Man I know I'm in over my head here haha. Let's do this!
FireRed is unnecessary since the game has no dark types. Also Black and Black 2 is redundant, but if you want to do both that's fine.

Username: AoTora
Type: Fire
Game(s): LeafGreen

Can I hack in Growlithe? Because it's available only in FireRed and I'd love to use Arcanine.
Sorry, version exclusives are trade in only.

^Hacked Acridus' evo level to 42. I felt that was fair, and I have no access to trading.
Allowable. I know some of you have no way to trade.

-Got stuck because i dont remember where i should go. Anyone playing HG/SS knows what to do after beating Lyra in the tunnel?
Lyra is not fightable in the original HG/SS, so good luck figuring it out. You'd have to talk to someone playing SacredGold to find out.

Last edited:

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Username: Harmonious Fusion
Type: Fire
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen, Silver, Emerald, Platinum, Black 2

Type: Water
Game(s): Gold

Type: Grass
Game(s): Emerald

I already completed a fire run in X for an Ultimate Monotype thread on another site, but that thread's rules allowed event downloads, Exp. Share, and Mega Evolution, so I took advantage of all of them. Am I allowed to count it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
Update for the my Poison Monotype in Soul Silver
I beat all of the Lighthouse and grind through all of the swimmers and caught a Tentacool (lvl 24)
I haven't decided if i'm going to keep him or not but i liked Tentacool in the last game i played so maybe.
I beat Gym 5 with no problems it was really a 1/5 challenge (5 being hardest)
Went back to Gym 6 and had a terrible time with this gym... It took locking down Steelix with confusion and sleep with curse all from my haunter while i swapped out other pokemon to keep from getting 1 shot by the iron tail of doom. Curse was used when Steelix was all there was left and since there is no cure it enevitably got rid of steelix. Off i go then.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Picked up a new GBA SP yesterday! Decided to continue my Water Monotype on it with my new Silver Version. So I picked Totodile and am currently on my way to Violet City.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 6, 2013
Update time!

> Put Rock Smash on my HM Slave Zigzagoon, cleared out Verdanturf Tunnel.
> Headed up to Meteor Falls.
> Defeated Team Aqua again.
> Attempted to go through Flannery's gym.
> Frustrated, checked to see when Phantom would learn Bubblebeam.
> Found out that only Surskit learns Bubblebeam, and would've gotten it had I held off on evolving Phantom for two levels.
> Openly wept for days.
> Defeated Flannery through a combination of Bubble, Confuse Ray, Double Team and Revival Herbs.
> Acquired Root Fossil, revived into a female Anorith named Rachni.
> Swapped out Ex-Shelly for Rachni and am now working to level her up to match the rest of my team.

My current team:

Dent

269.gif

Level 24 Female Dustox
> Moonlight
> Psybeam
> Poison Sting
> Gust

Phantom

284.gif

Level 30 Male Masquerain
> Bubble
> Quick Attack
> Sweet Scent
> Flash

Shelly

291.gif

Level 27 Female Ninjask

> Cut
> Fury Cutter
> Swords Dance
> Double Team

Fonzie

313.gif

Level 26 Male Volbeat

> Quick Attack
> Confuse Ray
> Signal Beam
> Moonlight

Rachni

347.gif

Level 21 Female Anorith

> Scratch
> Mud Sport
> Harden
> Watergun

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It's almost winter break for me, so I'm going to start working on finishing my outgoing challenges! I also managed to get ahold of an emulator on my phone, and I'd like to add a challenge that I've been working on a little at a time for the past few months now. Hopefully with more free time I can finish this and my other monotypes, all of which are close to being over, so that once I get Pokemon Y I can focus on monotypes on it to bring my completed ultimates up to date. Anyways, look forward to a real update from me hopefully soon!

Username: deku
Type: Flying
Challenge: Ultimate (already signed up for Kanto/Johto)
Game(s): Emerald

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Water Monotype: Silver Version
1/8

So things have been pretty smooth for me thus far. Totodile has been fun, and really takes me back to the early days of playing Johto games. Sprout tower was a little challenging, being that I only had Totodile, but we pulled through just fine. I got a long way to go, though.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 26, 2018
Haven't updated my ground ultimate in AGES... oh well been busy with school work. Winter break starts soon so I should be posting more often but I will later tonight as I am taking a study break and I'm not going out because it's raining

Traveled down cycling road
Beat Koga
Did the safari zone quest and caught a Ryhorn (unsure if I will use)

Current Team
Nidoking lv 35 (peck, strength, thrash, double kick)
Nidoqueen lv 36 (surf, double kick, body slam, shock wave)
Dugtrio lv 36 (magnitude, rock slide, scratch, dig)
Sandslash lv 37 (slash, thief, dig, cut)

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
I need to update more right?

-Got to Olivine city, only to find out Jasmine is at the lighthouse.
-Got into Glitter lighthouse.
-Met Jasmine and Ampharos, Then went on to find a surf slave (yeah i have to...in order to get to cianwood.).
-I found a lvl 20 Magikarp, which i named OMFG, then my game crashed before i could save....
-SO, i found a lvl 20 Tentacool and called him TT Cool J.
-I got to Cianwood and got my ass whooped (4 times!!) by Chuck....So i went to see the Suicone and got my ass whooped by Eusine.

More updates later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back