• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
@ Keruso lol
@ Jacinth Congratz on Shiny Tepig
anyway...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 4585 REs
Dialga - 1500 SRs
Unown - 4250 REs
Fossils - 500 (< this one and dialga will remain as they are until I find either unown or whatever in viridian forest)
My logic behind those is simple. I need a RE shiny to complete the yearly quest so I will actually RE for a shiny, makes sense huh. anyway good luck to you and wish me luck on my hunts =)
EDIT: Oh yeah I found this btw

so yeah after 4585 REs this little fella showed up and with this I have completed the yearly quest *applause*
Here's what I found
1) Obtain a shiny starter (Charmander)
2) Obtain a shiny via encountering (Unown)
3) Obtain a shiny from an egg (Gulpin)
4) Obtain a shiny legendary (Ho-oh)
5) Obtain a shiny Dragon (Axew)

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
It looks like random.org was just down due to a glitch. When I tried to go there it kept sending me to a page that I only get sent to when a website doesn't exist. This the first time it's happened when it was just a glitch.

This week's random hunt is... Deino!

Congrats on the shiny Tepig, Jacinth!

Congrats on the shiny Unown, Arceus Whisper!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
To Jacinth: Congrats, you got yourself a starter. Hopefully you will get snivy next time, maybe by breeding.

To Arceus Whisper: Congrats on the unown, and congrats on completing the 2012YQ.
Maybe you're the first, or maybe the second, don't know.

To Element0: Deino would be a good target.

Last edited:

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
Years
I decided to go for a shiny dieno and have two dieno eggs that hatch within a few steps of each other. So every time I SR, I have two chances for a shiny. Am I doing this stuff correctly? This is my first time shiny hunting.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
I decided to go for a shiny dieno and have two dieno eggs that hatch within a few steps of each other. So every time I SR, I have two chances for a shiny. Am I doing this stuff correctly? This is my first time shiny hunting.

Shininess is set when you get the egg from the day-care man, not when it hatches. So, if you got the eggs, saved before they hatched, and then SR'd (which is what I think you're doing), you're doing it wrong. To MM by SRing, you have to save before you get an egg from the daycare man, get your eggs (5 is a good number), hatch them, then SR and repeat.

Anyway, I have no new shinies to report... I was on vacation for the last few days and did absolutely no hunting. No worries though, I have 3 days to hunt before I go to college and then a 10 hour car trip to hunt during as well. I'm at 5206 Palkias, 1915 Groudons (slacking on that one, I know haha) and 2359 Ponyta eggs. I'm also at a month in Meteor Falls and 4 months in Pokemon Tower. And almost 8 months for Snivy -.-

I've also decided that I'm going to go for a RE Pawniard again in my White version after Ponyta shines. Route 9 was my first RE hunt ever in any game and resulted in Garbodor even though I wanted Pawniard. I got a magnet pull magnemite so I'm hoping I will get Pawniard this time ^.^

Congrats to everyone who has gotten shinies recently, especially Jacinth on that Tepig. I accidentally click tepig all the time and I'm not sure how I'd react if it shone >.< Also, I can definitely sympathize about the hellishness of those SRs.

Good luck to all of you on your hunts!

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I was just messing around at the Global Trade Station and traded one of my Pokémon for a Lv. 1 Snorlax. Then later I found Kuro*, who offered me a Lv. 100 Shiny Porygon-Z! Too bad I lost my starter in the process. Sorry if GTS Shinies don't count.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
2012-08-16233234.jpg

look at that gorgeous beauty!! i started this hunt back in March, and for some reason, i didnt touch it again until this week. i've been hunting it almost non-stop, except for when i had to go to work. I happen to have been in the chat, which, by the way here is the link http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub?p=6 and no one was there. G had come in previously, and had left while i was busy with something else. I had heard the sparkles (as i wasnt watching the screen) and started choking on my own spit as i looked down to see a (to me) black Gigas. Now, i've been hunting all day (except for about 5 hours when i had to go to work), so my DSBulk was almost dead when it showed up. i had 64 Ultra Balls and 1 Master Ball when i started, and when i got down to my last Poke, which happened to be my Shiny Regice, i feared the worst and just MasterBalled the guy. i ended with 29 Ultra Balls. Im currently still in Snowpoint Temple with a near dead DS, so i wont be getting out for a while.

......now, what to do next? should i finish my Enigma Stone event Lati? or should i continue Hatching Magikarp in White/Black........

I'll figure it out.

Arceus Whisper

Shiny Hunter
Years
Huge Congrats Keruso glad you finally got it.
Anyway as for myself...
My Hunts:
Viridian Forest - 4600 REs
Dialga - 2216 SRs
Fossils - 735 Revived
Yeah I really want Dialga to shine the most right now I have lots of hunts planned in my Diamond Version and Dialga Is holding them up. Good luck to all of you and wish me luck on my hunts

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
I currently own the shiny Gyarados from the Lake of Rage and I'm hunting 8 shiny eevees to evolve and train for contests and pokestar studios when black 2 and white 2 come out and a shiny beldum to evolve into a Metagross, which wll hopefully become easier with the shiny charm in black and white 2!

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
Oh and i am trying to catch a shiny giratina in turnback cave and i just tried some of the easest pokemon to use the pokeradar to catch shinies, but i keep failing, any tips as i've never done this befrore, but i changed my mind when i ran into a shiny metapod in the wild during bug catching contest and wasn't able to catch it! :(

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
6222 Johto starters.
4319 Eevee.

Spoiler:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Regigigas, Keruso!

Welcome to the club, Eeveelution Co-ordinator! I'm sorry to hear about the Metapod. In the future please don't double post. If you have more to say and no one has posted since you last posted please just edit it into your last post.

This week's random hunt is... the Ghost-type!

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
In the future please don't double post.
Sorry Latios Master, I'm kind of new at this. It will never happen again! Oh, and thanks for the advice G-Money, I think I might re-start with Giratina with SRing as I tried in an old save file, but lost patience and gave up (I heard something happened to the pokemon after SRing, but only recently did I find out it could become shiny!) and if I succeed I might try Volcarona in Black or try Regigigas (congrats by the way Keruso, I'm probably not going to be able to get it whatsoever!) Oh and I have two things to ask everyone. 1) Can you catch a shiny Suicune/Entei/Raikou in HG/SS for the Zoroark in Black and White? Just wondering. And finally, G-Money, please can you link some guides as I am terrible at the moment, tried the most common pokemon on a route and swarm pokemon but the chain always breaks at 14! No matter what I try! Thanks and goodnight (even though its the middle of the day, but you know what I mean!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Sorry Latios Master, I'm kind of new at this. It will never happen again! Oh, and thanks for the advice G-Money, I think I might re-start with Giratina with SRing as I tried in an old save file, but lost patience and gave up (I heard something happened to the pokemon after SRing, but only recently did I find out it could become shiny!) and if I succeed I might try Volcarona in Black or try Regigigas (congrats by the way Keruso, I'm probably not going to be able to get it whatsoever!) Oh and I have two things to ask everyone. 1) Can you catch a shiny Suicune/Entei/Raikou in HG/SS for the Zoroark in Black and White? Just wondering. And finally, G-Money, please can you link some guides as I am terrible at the moment, tried the most common pokemon on a route and swarm pokemon but the chain always breaks at 14! No matter what I try! Thanks and goodnight (even though its the middle of the day, but you know what I mean!)

No, you must have the Event Dogs in order to get the Zoroark, otherwise it will not work (what happened to that 2nd question?). I always had some trouble chaining myself, and then afterwords, felt bad about getting an easy to get shiny (i've actually considered releasing the shinies i have captured through this method). But, to help you out, buy repels. LOTS of repels. i once had just about 550 repels in either Pearl or Platinum. Go into the middle of the grass and use the radar. go to whichever shaking spot you want. Rinse and repeat if you dont like that poke. after you kill/capture the Poke, watch for the shaky patches. ALWAYS GO FOR THE ONE FARTHEST AWAY, BUT DO NOT GO TO ANY THAT ARE NEAR THE EDGE OF THE GRASS. that will always break your chain. Rinse, repeat, shiny

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Years
Thanks for the help Keruso, and I think you shouldn't release, it doesn't matter how you obtained them (except hacking, now thats wrong!), you should always be proud of them! Oh and my second question was going to be if a shiny was bred from the masuda method, what nationality would it be? I heard it is the females nationality as that is what pokemon it becomes, but I just want to be sure so I can stock up on females that want to bred after I try to obtain a foreign ditto, sorry it wasn't in the last post, I must have thought I typed it but I actually haldn't ( I do that a lot :/ )

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Since the egg is generated in your game, the nationality is that of your game. If the egg was generated in another language game and then transfered to your language game the egg will be of the other language, not yours since it was generated in other's language game.

Last edited:
Back