• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost | R/S/E/FR/LG] How to change Pokémon sprites (Beginners guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyber-Groudon

After all, I'm only human.....
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2008
Ok, I've read over ever reply, and I still can't do anything. i'm trying to Import Arceus as deoxys, But whenever I put it in it gets all orange and deoxys colored, then, when I put it ingame, it's all ugly and glitched up like that guy with the deoxys/skitty thing. The image is the same size so it should be working properly.

dragons_fang

Dragon Warrior
Years
still dont work tho...

How do you index sprites in IrfanView ?

you open up your sprite, click on

image> decrease colour depth> 16 colours (make sure the dithering box thing is unchecked)

I have tried to import sprites like these into my game but they do not work. The front normal sprite appears fine in pokepic, but all the rest apart from the shiny back sprite are glitchy. However, when I come to test in the game, even the front normal sprite is glitchy!

well thats how you index a sprite anyway, that that it'l do much good...

dragons_fang

Dragon Warrior
Years
sorry the picture didnt work:\

in order for the picture to work you need to upload it to a server like imagecave.com .

it sounds like you are having the same problem as many of us are having. could someone out there who has done his sucessfully please help us?

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
Years
some one needs to update this thread so that it can explain how to insert pokemon diamond sprites into pokemon fire red and leaf green and ruby and saphirre also emerald because I tried so much to inser a chimcar and I got nothing. =(

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
some one needs to update this thread so that it can explain how to insert pokemon diamond sprites into pokemon fire red and leaf green and ruby and saphirre also emerald because I tried so much to inser a chimcar and I got nothing. =(

D/P battle sprites are generally too large. I'd suggest to have someone to resize/resprite them so they fit.

dragons_fang

Dragon Warrior
Years
D/P battle sprites are generally too large. I'd suggest to have someone to resize/resprite them so they fit.

when you say too large, do you mean dimension wise or colour wise? I've been experimenting with replacing the ruby sprite of mew with a pearl sprite of mew, and the dimensions fit just fine. I edited it in paint so it kept the same palet and made sure it was saved as an indexed png. It just turns up glitchy in the game, and the pallet of the back sprite gets all mucked up.

ideas?

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
Years
The new sprite I've saved has the exact same color as the exported image, but now the green isn't transparent. How do you fix the transparency color?

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
Years
How..

How do you extend the image? I have a turtiwg sprite to replace treecko, but it says

'Error: Image is not extended!'

And yes, I am using UNLZ gba

Thanks,
PiplupGHacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back