• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GFA's Pixel Place

Years
  • Age 30
  • CA
  • Seen Mar 2, 2023
Most of the reposes and oveworlds are amazing. Great job. Since I have to critique, maybe a few of the reposes' line arts a little choppy?

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Mhmm... I'll have to have a second go at a few of those, for I happen to agree. I'd say that Ariados and Ampharos are my worst two.

Zoomed In
brockcc.png

& Zoomed Out
brockcczo.png

2 subtle differences here, very subtle. I'm leaning on the one to the left, no pun intended.

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
My brand new Ash Sheet.

This'll probably be the last of Kanto Ash, so I decide to format his sheet. Note, the sprite giving the disclaimer is supposed to be me.

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
honestyl, i refuse to judge the ash sheet until he has an amazing trainer sprite. so go off! sprite his epic trainer!!!

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Da... You mean like the in battle sprite right? Ey ey captain! *Starts to sink beneath the waves* But first, this is what I've changed so far. I think he looks pretty good from the waist down.

Last edited:

BurstX

Some old fart
Years
yea, but only from the waist down. for one thing the pose is really weird. secondly the hat is huge!!!!!!!! plus theres no defined nose and the face seems squished.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, your right. I'll be fixing that later, it has to do with the way his arm covers his face I think. As a side not, I don't think I've ever seen a sprite w/ a nose... Except Maylene. Scratch that, I see what you mean.

Poofed out his jacket, don't worry, his arms will be changed!

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
[URL=http://img32.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ashibj.png]
[/URL]
Ugh, that hand was living hell, and I still don't know how I'm going to do that arm... Plus his hair, IDK whats going to happen to his head

Spoiler:

Anyway I must be off to see Roark challenge Byron! All hail Byron!!

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Lalaldeeda!

My "Side Progect": The Ash Costume Connection

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
*BUMP* Someone, please some C&C. I swear, I'm changing my name to Thread Killer

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
haha where is ash in the maid uniform? :D

your ash trainer sprite really needs some work on the lower body. the positioning of the legs is just plain awkward, and as others have already mentioned, the hat is huge.

Atomic Reactor

Ok, for the overworlds, you need to add shading to the hair on the bottom line of sprites, and on the ones with no hat. And you need to redo the hair on the ones with no hats, they look horrible lol. (in the nicest way possible) ;]

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
haha where is ash in the maid uniform? :D

your ash trainer sprite really needs some work on the lower body. the positioning of the legs is just plain awkward, and as others have already mentioned, the hat is huge.

No. Most definately not, I hated that... I might sprite Ashely... IDK

Ok, for the overworlds, you need to add shading to the hair on the bottom line of sprites, and on the ones with no hat. And you need to redo the hair on the ones with no hats, they look horrible lol. (in the nicest way possible) ;]

Hmm, I'l try to fix the shading on the hair. Yeah, I hate Ash without his hat's hair... I shall try to fix it though. could you be more specific? Oh, and look at Brock at the top of Page 5, I think he looks a lot better.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I must ask for this thread to be locked. I go to Japan Thursday, and won't be back till the 4th of July. I'm not even sure I'll come back. My inspiration has been lost, and I kill threads. Middle School is over, which means the beginning of High School, and no one plays Pokemon anymore. So I leave you for now. Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
I must ask for this thread to be locked. I go to Japan Thursday, and won't be back till the 4th of July. I'm not even sure I'll come back. My inspiration has been lost, and I kill threads. Middle School is over, which means the beginning of High School, and no one plays Pokemon anymore. So I leave you for now. Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen.

GFA you can't stop. I'm leaving Middle School and going to High School, but I still like Pokemon. And look how many members are on this website and others. Millions if not billions love Pokemon. Maybe you'll get inspiration in Japan.

On topic: The sprites look great, but a bit big for the games.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
I've decided to keep the thread open. However, I still need inspiration. Hopefully, I'll find that in Japan.

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
1 More Time

*Clears Throat* If you know my inernet persona, you know I hate making new threads,so lets get on with it already. I'm really trying to get into spriting, so what better way than to make a new thread?
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The last project before I left the Spriting Community was spriting all of the Kanto Anime Characters I could get my hands on. I had quite a few, but have started to revamp. This is what I have so far.

http://img301.imageshack.us/i/kantocharacters.png/

Ash, Brock, & Misty
Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy, & Giovanni
Gary & Ritchie
Delia, Flint, Daisy, Lily, & Violet
Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Prof. Oak, Todd Snap, & the Magikarp Salesman
Lt. Surge & Sabrina
Samurai & Bill

Last edited:
Back