• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2016
I think the fossil Pokemon would look good if they received a evolution but I think they'd become too powerful. They're usable as they are in terms of battling strength especially things like Archeops and Kabutops

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I love that April Fool stuff. Well Electabuzz, Magmar and Rhydon did got an evoluton and they were pretty good before it, anything is possible I guess. It seem when you edit your pokemon change lol.

Ducklighter

Throw caution to the wind.
Years
I'd like to see a evolutionary form of Plusle and Minun mainly to see what it could potentially become. I've always imagined three stages to it, like Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd like to see a evolutionary form of Plusle and Minun mainly to see what it could potentially become. I've always imagined three stages to it, like Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu.

While I think it's unlikely, maybe they'd become something more than plus and minus, maybe another type of opposite, like colour, or opposing ideologies?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
While I think it's unlikely, maybe they'd become something more than plus and minus, maybe another type of opposite, like colour, or opposing ideologies?

Or you could go with mathematich having Division and Multiplication for the first Evo then Square and Sqaure root.

This pic look interesting.
plusminwj8.png

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I don't think Pokemon using stones to evolve i.e. Arcanine, Sunflora will ever evolve passed that. Their genes mutated after being exposed to those stones, and I don't think it makes much sense for them to "evolve" passed that, unless it's dubbed a further mutation. Eevee's PokeDEX entry attests to gene modifications in any case, and I think the idea applies to other stone-evos.

Fossil evolutions seem unlikely, too. Fossils have never gone passed one evolution and I don't think they'll break that trend. I don't think the prehistoric era was too well-known for "evolving" anyway. They were simply wiped out. After that, mammals "evolved" and changed to adapt to the new environment. I don't think in the time dinosaurs would've been on Earth there would have been time for them to adapt passed a certain point.

I like the idea of Plusle/Minun getting an evolution. They were always my favourite cheerleaders :)

Apart from that, maybe Persian could evolve, or Meowth gets a baby kitty form. Can't have enough kitties.

Rapidash could evolve into some Pegasus-like thing.

Farfetch'd could finally get some love.

A calf for Miltank and Tauros, where a male becomes Tauros and a female becomes Miltank (fitting into the X&Y chromosome theme of Gen VI)

All'in all, that last one is the only one I might be half-expecting. I'd like to see a lot of gender-based themes for X and Y, since imo it's more about gender than axes.

Ducklighter

Years

Yeah, it's just something I was speculating in my mind. Although there wouldn't be any point in introducing any evolutionary forms for them, I could see opposing factors playing a part in their evos. I like the sound of that XD

Also, I loved the backstory of Cubone's skull but I'd love to see a pre evo before the skull because it's kind of confusing to know it hatches with the skull of their dead mother's on them. I don't know, I doubt present Pokemon even hints of Pokemon death anymore but I think that should be corrected or atleast approached.

People have already mentioned Lapras but I would love a pre evolved form of that Pokemon because I've always loved Lapras.

EDIT: I just read Yusshin's post and I was like "yes to all that!". Farfetch'd could definitely use some attention and I would love to see an evolution for that.

What about Girafarig though? I think it could definitely do with an evolved form.

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Yeah, it's just something I was speculating in my mind. Although there wouldn't be any point in introducing any evolutionary forms for them, I could see opposing factors playing a part in their evos. I like the sound of that XD

Also, I loved the backstory of Cubone's skull but I'd love to see a pre evo before the skull because it's kind of confusing to know it hatches with the skull of their dead mother's on them. I don't know, I doubt present Pokemon even hints of Pokemon death anymore but I think that should be corrected or atleast approached.

People have already mentioned Lapras but I would love a pre evolved form of that Pokemon because I've always loved Lapras.

EDIT: I just read Yusshin's post and I was like "yes to all that!". Farfetch'd could definitely use some attention and I would love to see an evolution for that.

What about Girafarig though? I think it could definitely do with an evolved form.

Maybe it's more gore-ish than you think.

Spoiler:

I think some Pokemon should remain evolution-less. It gives them a type of charm. Girafarig may be one of them. What could a giraffe possibly turn into anyway? I can't think of anything...

Ducklighter

Years
Maybe it's more gore-ish than you think.

Spoiler:

I think some Pokemon should remain evolution-less. It gives them a type of charm. Girafarig may be one of them. What could a giraffe possibly turn into anyway? I can't think of anything...

Ooh, that is nasty. Yeah, a tad more goreish that I would've hoped but yeah, there's probably a reason why Cubone doesn't get alot of airtime, although I hope it did.

I'd say there's an idea of an evo idea for Girafarig. Perhaps a Dark/Psychic type? I can imagine it's tale with the happy smiley face on it could grow and look menacing.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
556.gif

I'd like to see this get both a Pre-evolution & Evolution, it's got so much potential too.
That would be similar to how Roselia got both an evolution and prevolution the Generation after it was introduced. And here's my list:

Prevo: Kecleon, Absol, Skarmory, Maractus, Miltank/Tauros, Throh, Sawk and Lapras

Evo: Kecleon, Maractus, Farfetch'd, Delibird, Pachirisu, Emolga, Persian, Liepard, Audino, Lapras and Chatot

Also, I want the troll connections from Generaton V to be fixed; Luvdisc should evolve into Alomomola, and Tauros should evolve into Bouffalant.

P.S.: Someone posted a Jynx evo picture on another forum; it looks fake, but at the same time awesome, and Jynx could finally go back to rivalling Electabuzz and Magmar.

Years
Also, I want the troll connections from Generaton V to be fixed; Luvdisc should evolve into Alomomola, and Tauros should evolve into Bouffalant.

I don't understand why people think Bouffalant should be a Tauros evo. So they're both bipedal brown horned mammals, that means they should be related? They're counterparts, like Machop and Timburr, or Geodude and Roggenrola. That's not a "troll connection", it's just people jumping to unreasonable conclusions.

I agree about Luvdisc though. They don't really work as counterparts when one is more complex in design and has better stats. I suspect Alomomola was originally meant as a Luvdisc evo in Gen IV but got left out; since BW didn't have any evos of old Pokémon, they had to make it a standalone. Which was a really stupid decision imo, but they won't change it now.

Rapidash could evolve into some Pegasus-like thing.

Farfetch'd could finally get some love.

A calf for Miltank and Tauros, where a male becomes Tauros and a female becomes Miltank (fitting into the X&Y chromosome theme of Gen VI)

I agree with all of these. Also, Houndoom needs a cerberus evo. Also, I'm sure it's been said a lot, but Mawile and Sableye need evos too.

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I dunno if anyone said this yet,but Dunsparce should get an evo.I don't even know what dunsparce is based off of in the first place ._.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We're repeating old Pokémon we want evolutions again...which shows just how much demand exists for these Pokémon mentioned to evolve xD.
I believe it's based on a winged snake...it can be better though -_-... give it an evolution where it's Ground/Flying Gamefreak

I don't understand why people think Bouffalant should be a Tauros evo. So they're both bipedal brown horned mammals, that means they should be related? They're counterparts, like Machop and Timburr, or Geodude and Roggenrola. That's not a "troll connection", it's just people jumping to unreasonable conclusions.

I agree about Luvdisc though. They don't really work as counterparts when one is more complex in design and has better stats. I suspect Alomomola was originally meant as a Luvdisc evo in Gen IV but got left out; since BW didn't have any evos of old Pokémon, they had to make it a standalone. Which was a really stupid decision imo, but they won't change it now.

I agree with all of these. Also, Houndoom needs a cerberus evo. Also, I'm sure it's been said a lot, but Mawile and Sableye need evos too.
Uh Bouffalant and Tauros are quadpedal (walk on all fours) not by bipedal (walk on all twos). Your point still stands however, I don't see the connection between those two...
Speaking of bipedal how about Tauros evolves into a minotaur?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
What 5th gen pokemon do we want to see evolve?

Personally I would love to see Swanna, Scrafty, Stunfisk and maybe Heatmor/Durant evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
I would love to have a Scrafty evolution, I wouldn't actually use the evolution, but I just think that Scrafty would be kickass with eviolite.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I would love to have a Scrafty evolution, I wouldn't actually use the evolution, but I just think that Scrafty would be kickass with eviolite.

But Scrafty is already a decent Pokemon to begin with (he was also OU once). Plus, its base stats isn't less than 465 like the usual cross-gen evolutions.

DashieFactory

Vivacious Deviant
Years
I definitely want to see a Scrafty evolution, if only to see what kind of things they could come up with.

As for that gory Cubone theory, that's definitely a very interesting way to look at things. I'd never thought of it that way, and with the already sad past/backstories of the masked Pokemon, I'd say that's a very good possibility. (Pokemon already has hinted at some creepier things in Pokedex entries.)

As far as evolutions go, I'd love to see more evolutions of Eevee, possibly one for Flying and/or Steel, as they haven't done one yet. (What would they evolve with? Stones or rocks like Glaceon and Leafeon?)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I just noticed Medicham has such average stats....especially for a fully evolved pokemon.

410 base stat total for Medicham, that's tragic. It would be nice to see it get an evolution...but it might not considering we have Gallade.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Can't beleive I forgot about Medicham...I wanted it to have an evolution last generation but it didn't happen :(. Hopefully it happens this time. I hope they give it better defense stats...they're not the best per say.

Back